Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 17, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 17, 2018

O.K. was hard for me to stay awake today, as the saga of Lani/Eli’s Christmas Eve get-together continues, along with the goodbyes to Theo. Abby stares at the hugging Chad & Gabi, flashes back to Stefan’s innuendos about them, asks what is going on. They break apart, mention welcoming Gabi to the company, congratulating her, etc. Abby begins babbling about going to South Africa to visit Theo, who is leaving today, Chad is all for that, then leaves as something he has to do. This leaves Abby & Gabi to work on the press release regarding Gabi Chic, which is evidently a “how to make yourself look better, feel better” company, which also either sells or touts various clothing items.

They talk over how Gabi started out, but she doesn’t want this about her, just the company. Abby feels differently, and somehow they get into Gabi dealing with Nick, and Abby with Ben Weston, both having lost time with their children, but becoming stronger women in the long run. Abby mentions Stefan trying to tell her Gabi only came to DiMera to work with Chad. Gabi gets ticked, he pulled the same stunt with her.

Stefan comes in, Abby hands him first draft of the press release, he gives her the security badge he found on office floor, looks over the draft, says it looks good, he will go over it more tonight, will you have dinner with me. Abby coldly says she will be having dinner with her husband and son. Oh, he wasn’t talking to her, he was talking to Gabi.

Vivian joins Stefan, claiming she knows he has the hots for Abigail, has been struck by lightning, yada, yada. Stefan denies it, she brings up the Godfather movie plots, how Michael Corleone killed 2 men, went off to Italy to lay low, but men Apalonia and was struck by the love bug. Only she says lightning. Yes, he saw the movie, still denies what she is saying, Chad comes in. So now, Chad pours on the apologies, wants to work with Stefan, they are brothers, want to get DiMera company great again, blah, blah. They shake hands, Chad leaves, Viv had been listening quietly, ask Stefan if he bought all that, as she sure did not. He is up to something. Stefan is going to give Chad benefit of doubt, but Viv decides to check on things herself. She follows Chad, hears him calling John, wanting whatever info he has found so far, something he can bring to the board. (Amazes me these Salemites who make private calls out in public…..looks to be the place Ciara eavesdropped on Rafe & Sami)

Eli tells his mom the whole sordid tale, how never should have happened, both he & Lani have not told JJ or Gabi, and don’t intend to. Val will support her son, not tell anything, but warns him how secrets do tend to come out.

At the hospital, Lani is not too happy that Abe overheard JJ spilling about the pregnancy, but does tell Abe she is, though wanted to wait before spilling the beans. She says something about it being so early yet, but JJ mentions she is 2 mos.along. She goes to see Theo, Abe talks with JJ, knows he resigned from the force, JJ tells why , and says the baby doesn’t deserve two parents in the line of fire, so he won’t reconsider. He insists Lani & the baby will always be his #1 priority. Val & Eli arrive, Abe is about to spill about the baby, but Lani interrupts, they all need to go see Theo.

In Theo’s room, Claire is laying on the bed next to Theo, kissing, saying goodbye, talking of missing him, visiting, etc. He says something about in a year he will be walking back to her. She realizes she has to think positively now, gets out her phone, they are listening to music via ear buds. Somewhere in there, Ciara has arrived, Claire leaves the room to let them say goodbye, it is short. She mentions all the sleepovers when kids, how when she got scared at a noise, he held her hand, asks him to hold her hand now. He stretches his out, they clasp hands, tearfully hug, she leaves. When Claire & Theo are listening to the music, Ciara is watching thru the window, then abruptly leaves.

JJ worries about Lani, who is hungry. He leaves to get some Chicken Noodle soup from the cafeteria for her, Eli uses this to return her earring.

Finally, it is time, Claire wheels Theo out, and one by one, his friends & family hug him one last time. Abe hugs Val, glad she is there, thanks her for all her support. She says she knows this is hard, but it won’t be long, his family will all be back together. He mentions the family growing a bit, tells her to keep a secret, and tells her Lani is pregnant. Cue the startled look on Val’s face. Abe wheels Theo to the elevator, Clair seeks comfort in Val’s arms, as she looks over to Eli. The doors open, Abe wheels Theo in, he is in tears, waves at everyone, doors close.

Absolutely......just as JJ had no business telling Theo...... (and in that video clip Kyler Pettis/Theo posted several months ago, Theo mentioned to Ciara about becoming an uncle during their goodbye scene, but it evidently ended on the cutting room floor)

I rather enjoyed today's episode.

Gabi and Abigail: I enjoyed those scenes, although I do think at some points it was poured on a little thick, especially at first. It felt a little too much like something that came from a writer's keyboard than how people talk in my opinion. But nevertheless, I liked them because instead of fighting and bickering and tearing each other down (*cough Claire and Ciara cough*) it was two young women agreeing on how much they rock. And that's a sentiment I agree with.

Oh, as far as Stefan "asking" Gabi to dinner goes, all I can say is in the words of that great philosopher Bugs Bunny: "What a maroon!"

Chad/Stefan and his Mumsy Dearest: If I I could give Chad some advice, it would be that he and Abigail kick back some Saturday and "Netfllix and chill" and watch either The Sting or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels for tips on on how to pull cons. Then Chad would know you can't constantly be hostile towards your marks and then expect them to be fooled when within a space of an hour you're like "Hey bro, what's up! Let's get to know each other!" *high five*

I'll give Chad credit for realizing that his "ruse" didn't work on the Dismal Duo. I was also relived that he didn't ask John to meet him in a wide open public place with lots of nooks and crannies where a malicious snoop could hide and find out what they were up to. That would have been really stupid. :rolleyes:

Theo's good-bye: To be honest, I've never been a huge Theo fan. I mean I liked him well enough but I've never been anxious to turn in to see what his latest adventure was going to be But I l felt his good-bye scenes were well done and hit all the right notes. I also found Ciara to be refreshingly non-obnoxious today.

And finally, I couldn't help thinking that when Abe spilled the "blessed news" to Val about Lani, that if there was ever a moment on the show that could use the famous wah-wah-wah sound effect, that was it. LOL

Last edited:
:clap:Eli: A big hand for the detective -- he's become a real Salemite. :sarcasm: Not only has has he developed his bed-hopping skills, but now he discusses his latest tryst with his mother. Where else but Salem does that happen?

:confused:Stefan O.: The Big Zero thinks that Abigail is "steady as a rock." When she was cowering in the men's room shower while EJ tried to get rid of Sami, she looked more like a shrinking violet.

:confused:JJ: Jenny's poor son is now telling Abe that Lani and the baby will always be his first priority. Since he lives in Salem he should have added the caveat that this applies only if he's really the child's father.

:drunk:That was quite a love fest between Gabi and Abby. That said Abigail should go easy on praising Gabi in her Gabi Chic ad campaign lest Julie take offense and launch a massive online campaign telling one and all how she cruelly murdered her wonderful, brilliant Nicky.

:confused:Why all the tears over Theo's departure? He'll only be a plane ride away. Do Salemites still think that the only way to get to Capetown is a 40-day voyage from New York?

Maybe someone here can help me with this. Yesterday, Abe and Valerie mentioned how Theo would have family with him. Today Abe and Theo talked about Theo having a half-brother and grandmother there with him.

Does this mean that Brandon and Celeste are both in Africa? If so, when did they get there? Was it mentioned or is this lazy writing? They should have mentioned Mike and Bill being there if they were going to pull that.

Ok, here are my humble opinions:

Didn't bother me that Abe told Valerie about Lani's pregnancy. A lot of spouses/serious girl/boyfriends tell secrets then tell them not to tell anyone else. Bothered me more that JJ told Theo.

Was glad to see Abigail and Gabi talk about the hug and Stefan's remarks. Regardless of the past, I like seeing these two women working together and being friends.

I think Kyler Pettis (Theo) was crying real tears, saying goodbye to the actors he has worked most closely with.

Stefan O gives me the creeps

Eli is a scumbag.

Wow, what a snoozer.

Let's add StefanNo to the list of insane Salemites. He has as much chemistry with Abigail as a dead fish has with a rock.

Theo's good-by scenes were sad, but why? He should stick around. After all, Salem U hospital's docs are renowned for miracle cures.

Ciara was almost not totally intolerable today.

Here's a novel idea: Come out with the truth about the pregnancy. Everyone act like grown-ups.

Yesterday, Abby was smiling when she saw Gabi & Chad. Today it caused drama. Stupid.

Thanks, Poirot.

Jason, you're right. Abby was smiling yesterday when she saw Gabi and Chad
hugging. Things change fast in Salem.

It was interesting when Abe talked to Theo about his grandma and half brother. Why
didn't he just say Celeste and Brandon?

I hope JJ tells his mom soon about the baby because Claire, Abe and Valerie
found out today. And JJ should have told Lani Eric knows too.

It was sad to see Theo say goodbye to everyone. I cried.

I don’t see what the big deal is for JJ to share his joyful news about the baby. He thinks he is going to be a father after all, so why can’t he be proud and excited? It’s a bunch of bologna to say only the mother can tell. She certainly didn’t get that way by herself. I just feel bad for him when the truth comes to the surface.

Thanks for the summary. This was a decent episode. I hope that's a good sign of things to come in the next few weeks, as the previous few episodes were rather dull.

I thought Abe said his half-brother and grandmother would be there for him, as in supporting him, not that they were actually in South Africa.
No. Abe and Valerie specifically talked about Theo having family around him in Africa. Then with Abe talking to Theo said "I am glad that you are going to have family around you there. Your grandmother, your half-brother. I'm sure there's always going to be, at least, one of them with you." (just went back and listened)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back