Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 17, 2018

Maybe someone here can help me with this. Yesterday, Abe and Valerie mentioned how Theo would have family with him. Today Abe and Theo talked about Theo having a half-brother and grandmother there with him.

Does this mean that Brandon and Celeste are both in Africa? If so, when did they get there? Was it mentioned or is this lazy writing? They should have mentioned Mike and Bill being there if they were going to pull that.

I must have missed the first reference to this. And half brother to Theo or Lexie???!!

Since Abe said "half brother" to Theo, it would be Brandon (Abe's other son). Lexie's half brothers (Andre, Chad, Cameron and supposedly Stefan) are Theo's uncles.

Theo's good-by scenes were sad, but why? He should stick around. After all, Salem U hospital's docs are renowned for miracle cures.... Here's a novel idea: Come out with the truth about the pregnancy. Everyone act like grown-ups.
Sadly for Theo, miracle cures largely vanished from Salem University Hospital with Dr. McScruffy. If memory serves, all Dr. Fynn "Dingo" Thompson accomplished was Brady's heart-transplant operation, something the sainted unshaven one could have managed with one hand tied behind his back and both eyes closed. As for Kayla, her main miracle has been keeping her sanity while dealing with Steve, Joey, and Little Trippy. As for fessing up about the true paternity of Eli Jr., this can't happen. Since arriving in town, Lani has acquired the Salem mind-set, meaning that she's an inept police officer, compulsively jumps into bed with inappropriate men, and can't deal with reality.

I thought I remembered Celeste having a son that was sprang on us and I think Lexie. Am I mis-remembering?!?

quoted from Wikipedia:

Celeste informs her daughter that she has another son, Dr. Cameron Davis. Lexie attempted to get to know Cameron. Lexie died on June 20, 2012 and Celeste left town shortly thereafter.

I thought maybe Celeste (Theo's grandmother) and her "son, Cameron" where who Abe was referring to, and that he and Celeste lived in Africa. Cameron would be Theo's uncle too.

Last edited:
The whole Theo thing is incomprehensible. There had to have been some type of issue behind the scenes that we will likely never know about. I wonder if the role will be recast. I have not seen any formal exit interview with the actor.

I did not see Eli telling Valerie coming. That's an interesting twist that could cause a lot of drama later. I wonder if Valerie was shocked about the pregnancy or genuinely thinks Lani is lying already.

I wonder if Valerie was shocked about the pregnancy or genuinely thinks Lani is lying already.
I think her doctor's mind is at work. I loved the shot of her looking over at Lani. I'm a big Valerie fan. Meanwhile...here's what I hate about the show, two episodes have passed without any movement in this story!!!

Back