Days of Our Lives - Wed. Jan. 20, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 20, 2016

In Vegas, replay of Belle pulling Philip into a kiss, but he ends up pulling away, talking of the meeting coming up, so...they end up playing strip blackjack, eventually ending up in bed doing the horizontal mambo. He jumps up, for a quick shower for his meeting, just as Belle answers a call from Shawn. He wants to see her, still loves her, wants to give them both a new start. He is in Salem. She is rather cool, tells him she is coming back tomorrow, they can talk then. Phil has heard part of it (yes folks, his leg has grown back, lol) has a couple questions, but Belle says she & Shawn really have nothing to talk about, he said it all when he filed the divorce papers. And before you know it, they are down for Round 2.

Earlier, Claire had been doing her best to convince Daddy that Mom still loves him, and he needs to talk to her, etc. etc. thus, the phone call described above. When he hangs up, he fills Claire in, then asks about school, and she finally tells him about the vocal coach who thinks she has a good voice and arranged for the Julliard audtion. Shawn gets excited for her, but Claire just isn't too sure it is what she wants to do. Shawn firmly tells her that her mom & him are adults who handle their own problems, and she has to leave them do it. (By the way, Shawn mentions also that Belle straying with some strange guy was partially his fault, he was concentrating so much on school!!!).

At the hospital, Abby comes rushing in, Chad is waiting, tells her that her mom just sort of collapsed, and out comes Jennifer & Dr. Fynn. Seems she has some sort of inflamation around a vertebrae, had a spasm. Jen says she had the pain before, but it came and went quickly. Well, Dr. Fynn gave her some meds, and pain killers, Abby takes charge of them, as mom always forgets to take her pills. Jen assures her she won't now. She then thanks Chad for being there, getting her to the hospital. Abby gives Chad a big hug, and now is leaving with mom, but Jen first has to give Chad a huge hug, thanking him again. Over her shoulder, Chad is grinning, a thumbs up sign, figures Jen has been won over.

In Eric's room, he is once again dreaming of drinking, drinking, drinking, being behind the wheel of the car, music, headlights...he wakes up suddenly, sits up in bed, rips off his tubes etc. and goes down to the morgue. There are a couple of bodies covered in black plastic, he finds Daniel's, and begins talking to him, beating himself up, sorry for Daniel's death. He is crying, sobbing, talking of all the terrible things he has done to Nicole, this is the worst. He is going to make this right. He has to do something to make it right.
Upstairs, Roman is looking for Eric, Fynn says he is gone from his room, he has been looking for him. Eric appears, sorry to have worried anyone. He is back in bed, hooked up again, told by Fynn to buzz a nurse next time he wants to stretch his legs. Fynn leaves, Roman says "you went to see Daniel, didn't you"? Eric admits he did, tells his father he knows when he is released his dad is going to have to arrest him. It is o.k. He is ready.

Andre' sits at Stefano's desk, smiles at the figurines that sit there, picks one up, notices something, takes a picture. He goes down to the cop shop, barges into Rafe's office, demanding Rafe begin investigating. He is claiming foul play in re: Stefano, shows him the picture, his proof, he is having the blood tested, knows it is Stefano's, and that Hope Brady has done something, along with an accomplice. Andre's talks of Hope paying a huge price. Rafe asks if he is making a threat. Lani is, of course, listening to every word as she stands with a file in her hand, right outside the door. Rafe is pretty calm, Stefano's house, his DNA would be everywhere, and wasn't he diabetic? Means he has to stick his finger every single day. Andre' says this wasn't anywhere near the master bathroom (hey, Andre', I have diabetic friends who have done it at the dinner table!) Andre' takes his leave, remarking in his snide manner, that Hope chose well in her accomplice. Rafe tells him if he wants to make a complaint, do so with the desk sergeant.

Over at Hope's house, Roman has come to call, make sure she is o.k,., asking when she is coming back on the job. She says maybe not ever. She has been through a lot of trauma. roman begins telling her how much she is needed, what a good cop, she just is not the stay at home mom type. Hope thinks she has neglected Ciara & Chase long enough, not been there to give them what they need. He figures something else is going on, he is there if she wants to talk. She hugs him, says she knows she can trust him, can tell him anything. So, tell me then. Pounding on the door, it is Rafe. Roman leaves tells Rafe he will see him back at the office.
Rafe tells her about Andre', she goes into panic mode, non-stop talking. He calms her down, says they cannot panic, that Andre' really has nothing and they are o.k. as long as they do not panic. She is glad to have him, he says he is there for her. Always will be. She has calmed down, they are pretty close to each other, staring.

John is with Maude, who says she is his mother. She named him John R....(sorry, long name). His father was in the Korean war, she shows him a couple of medals he had earned, but he died 3 weeks before John was born. She tried the best she could, there were some benefits, but it became too hard, so everything was sold at auction. And this lovely couple absolutely fell in love with John, so since Maude felt they could give him a better life, they had money, he went with them. However, later, they were killed in an auto accident, the family felt it was not right for John to inherit all that money, so had the adoption nullified, and he was put in an orphanage. This is where the Alamaines found him.

Chad has taken Abby & Jennifer home, Jen goes upstairs, he kisses Abby, and takes off. In the square, he bumps into Andre' who wants to talk to him, but Chad refuses. Andre's only wants 2 minutes, but takes his time, before he tells Chad that Father is dead, and Hope Brady killed him.

John now tells her about how he supposedly drowned, but it was fake, to protect him, & he was sent to a special school.....but he says she really would not want to hear it's purpose. He thanks her for her time, as he puts down his cup of tea...appreciates.....he begins to keel over. You poisoned my tea.....and down on the floor he goes, Maude seemingly very upset.

Roman says "you went to see Daniel, didn't you"? Eric admits he did, tells his father he knows when he is released his dad is going to have to arrest him. It is o.k. He is ready.
In real life, wouldn't Eric have been handcuffed to his bed from the time they discovered the accident was his fault?

Oh, for Pete's sake. Daniel's body is still at the hospital, rotting away?? He'd have been moved to the funeral home as soon as Maggie and Nicole contacted the funeral director. Plus, he wasn't even in a cooler, just in a zipped up body bag in a regular room. :rolleyes:

I've got it! If you are involved with the Daniel story it is only January 4th. But if you venture out to other stories it is about January 18th. You are totally able to move between time differences as easily as moving between time zones. It is Salem, land of time travel in both directions.

In a cut scene, Daniel was pulled from the cooler and the attendant went to open the doors to the funeral home van. He was on his way back to the body as Eric was leaving the room.

Wow ! This is getting beyond ridiculous !

So, Eric goes to the morgue, nobody notices he pulled everything out, nobody guards the morgue, no employee, no nothing. Well, Fynn did notice Eric was gone, but hey, no biggy apparently, as he was cool as a cucumber. Anyway, so Eric goes to the morgue, FINDS DANIEL'S BAG, and talks to it. Not only is this ridiculous, this is beyond creepy and... well, gross ! For a few seconds, I actually though he would unzip the bag and we would get to see Dan's face. :sick::sick::sick::sick: Again, he's been dead what, now ? More than a week ? Two ! Really, enough !

John and his "mom" : Sorry, I fast forward. Because, and I can't stress that enough : I don't care !

Now, back to Hope and Rafe. What a terrible storyline. Sure, I could see the two of them being an item down the road (wait, don't throw tomatoes yet), but not like this. Hope should have mourned her two dead husbands, figured out why Aiden tried to kill her, talked to her kids, figured things out, but this ? No, this couple is ruined before it gets a chance. And today, I actually found myself liking Hope and Roman. So maybe down the road... why not ? If done correctly.

But in the meantime, I want Hope to indeed tell Roman that she killed Stefano. And I want Roman to throw the rule book out the window. Because seriously, after all Stefano has done, and the fact that Andre can't prove anything, why bother ? The evil guy is dead, rightfully so, I say, let it go ! How many crimes did Stefano commit, with witnesses and so many proofs and has gotten away with everything ? So why would a drop of blood bother anyone ? Let Andre go around town throwing accusations, who cares ? Hope is scared ? All right, let's have Rafe, Roman and Hope get rid of him too. Anything to move on. As long as Lani (who's beginning to be creepy too) does not put 2 and 2 together. Or if she does, maybe she can keep her mouth shut too.

Belle : Let's make it easy for everyone and call her Sami ! :rolleyes: Belle is now as horrible as her sister was. So she can't leave fast enough for me !

Chad, Abby, Jennifer : Yeah, all right. O.K. Great. Not very exciting, but... O.K.

Belle : Let's make it easy for everyone and call her Sami ! :rolleyes: Belle is now as horrible as her sister was. So she can't leave fast enough for me !

As a huge Sami fan, I take issue with this comparison! Sami was always against cheating, which is why the grief sex was difficult to believe. That is the only time Sami ever cheated; it seems to be fairly easy for Belle.

I think I'm one of the few who doesn't mind Belle's actions. Yeah, she did wrong by cheating on Shawn with the mystery man, but Shawn filed for divorce. There's nothing else you can do at that point, in my opinion. Shawn said it was done and he didn't want to keep trying, so she's free to do whatever (whoever) she likes.

Of course cheating to start was awful but it was off screen so I'm not going to get caught up. And I skimmed a lot of the first go around for this trio so I don't have strong preferences for any combination of them together.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a huge Sami fan, I take issue with this comparison! Sami was always against cheating, which is why the grief sex was difficult to believe. That is the only time Sami ever cheated; it seems to be fairly easy for Belle.

I should clarify, you are right. The comparison is not about the fact that Belle is sleeping with Philip. It's the fact that she doesn't seem to care one iota about others, especially her daughter. Not that Belle should always do what Claire wants, or get back together with Shawn strictly because of Claire, mind you. But right now, still, she should be focusing more on her daughter, helping her through the divorce, not go away to sleep with Philip in Vegas. Plus, Belle seems to be toying with men : first, she had this thing with Chad, after she had told him she wasn't interested. Then she wants Philip to take it slow, she plays with him, can't seem to make up her mind, but then, as soon as the door of the hotel room is closed, she's the one who actually kisses him and acts all vixen. Nope, I don't like her, at all.

And back in the day, Sami did toy with men, mostly with Lucas, getting all jealous of Autumn, but then, dumping Lucas for EJ (or was it Rafe ?) first chance she got, after poor Lucas had broken things off with Autumn to be with Sami. Not to mention all the other men Sami married.

Anyway, as you can tell, I am far from a Sami fan, so maybe my judgment is clouded by that.

She dumped Lucas to be with EJ, and also cheated on Rafe, to whom she was married, with EJ. And then dumped Rafe to be with the lying Ej. So......seems that is the M.O. of the younger crowd of late. Probably the now older crowd when they were younger, as well.

Pity poor Claire -- the naive teen trying to will her parents back together. Based on the apparently insatiable Belle's Vegas adventure with Philly K., poor Shawn might even have been better off staying with Willow Stark. And how will Steve feel when he hears about the big break-up? He performed all sorts of heroics so the happy couple and their little child could escape the long arm of Kiriakis power, and now Belle's back in back with the same man who once wanted custody of her child. Over at the police station, Andre was at his DiMera best, confronting Rafe with his evidence and making it clear in his own version of DiMera-speak that those responsible for Father's death will be paying dearly, very dearly. And finally, when will John ever learn? Today he learned the latest version of his obscure past from his newest mother (DNA test, anyone?) only to be drugged for his trouble. The biggest question in all of this is why anyone thinks that the memory-erased coma king could be a threat to anyone at this late date?

True, maybe not the way we were told originally that it happened, but what the heck.

As I watched, I wondered how Maude knew all this stuff about her "son", at least up until the Alamaines took him. I mean...if she knew the adoption had been nullified (proof??) and John put in an orphanage by the family, why did she not try and get him herself??

Back