Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 27, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Belle walks into the club, to find her muffin & mocha coffee ready, & in a bag, courtesy of Philip, who sits at a nearby table. She goes over, sits down, a bit of a flirtatious conversation follows, but she seems to not be buying what Phil is selling, and gets up to leave. However, Shawn had come in, saw them together, so goes over to talk to Phil after she leaves. They butt heads a bit over Belle...Shawn filed for divorce, Phil took advantage, yada, yada. Shawn is telling Phil to stay away from Belle, she is confused right now. Phil stands up, tells Shawn that this is the last time he will talk about Belle with him, he will talk sports, politics, the economy, but not Belle. Shawn leaves.

Claire is visiting Eve, says she has decided she will go audition at Juliard. Eve asks if her parents are o.k. with this, Dad is, replies Claire, but Mom doesn't care what I do. Eve assures her sometimes parents get wound up in their own issues, but love their children, always, and want the best. Claire knows that, but her mom is so distracted with her self of late. Hugs from Eve.

At the hospital, Eric is being discharged, Marlena is giving hugs, as is Roman, a burly cop comes up, handcuffs Eric & begins reading him his rights. Nicole comes along, (her turn today to wear the black bra under the white blouse) and yells at Eric the only right he has is to spend the rest of his life in jail. Marlena quietly asks Nicole not to do this, not here, not now. Nicole turns away, goes to see Brady. Marlena hugs her son, again, he is led away.

Theresa was already in to see Brady, he wakes up, she knows he was dreaming about Nicole, she is o.k. with it, understands. He is being discharged tomorrow, she will go see about paperwork. She leaves, Nicole comes in, sits down, mentions Eric being arrested, , but Brady tells her not to be angry or vindictive, it was an accident, Daniel would not want her hating Eric, and mentions Daniel saving his life, and that having Daniel's heart has made him a better person, given him Daniel's compassion. Nicole tells Brady she knows from Theresa about his dreams about her, wants to know what they are. Brady tells on one with her shaving Daniel, another of him proposing (flashbacks), she is moved, those are not dreams, they are memories. She is emotional (and this is unreal!). He tells of another, of her being in a window, waves crashing, etc. She says she & Daniel were never near the ocean. They go out for a walk, he sits down, they talk some more. Theresa comes along, tells Nicole she has papers (Basic Black stuff) for her to sign, did not know she would be there, would have brought them. She talks about Brady being discharged tomorrow, better to come home with her & Tate, than to Victor's. Brady nods in agreement. Theresa mentions Daniel's funeral, Nicole gets upset about it being tomorrow, she didn't know.
She then admits both Melanie & Maggie tried to talk to her about it, but she just could not. Theresa says a small service at the church, Daniel is to be cremated, a luncheon afterwards at the Club TBD, and no flowers, donations to the children's wing at the hospital. Nicole gets very emotional, knows Daniel would have wanted that.

Deimos comes into the room where Victor sits at a desk, writing out a check for one million dollars, he gives it to his brother, tells him to leave town. Deimos tears up the check, doesn't want his money, would rather have an apology. They now argue about Deimos being in prison for something he didn't do, Victor says evidence said otherwise, again mentions Deimos having the affair with his fiancee'. They even argue about Deimos being the spoiled brat, the unwanted late in life child. Victor claims to have been 20 when Deimos was born, and what a spoiled child he was. Deimos claims our father always took your side. Victor decides to write a check now for 2 million, but Deimos again doesn't want his money. Victor gets up from the desk, wants Deimos gone from his house, and don't bother my family. He clutches his chest, falling on the sofa. Deimos looks at him, walks out of the room, running into Philip coming in. He just motions toward the other room, and leaves. Philip goes in, rushes over to Victor, is about to call 911, Victor says don't bother, I am fine. Philip is puzzled, Victor says it was all an act, the Oscar goes to me. Just wanted to see what Deimos would do. Philip says....but you were faking. Ah, but he did not know that.

At the Pub, Deimos is at the bar, Kate at a table on phone with Eduardo, who evidently is unable to join her. Gee, she hates to drink alone, but o.k. As she hangs up, Deimos comes over, says he heard her say she doesn't like to drink alone, neither does he, can he join her. He sits down, introduces himself, Kate is intrigued by the name, asks if a relation to Victor. Yep, my brother. She smiles...my ex! Philip comes in, she calls him to come meet his uncle, Phil already has. Deimos has to leave, Phil is warning his mother to stay away, Deimos is trouble...then notes that the gleam that now came in her eye means she is even more interested.

Belle comes home, Marlena is just leaving, talks of Eric now being in jail, Belle promises to be his lawyer, will help. She mentions Belle ignoring Claire to go to Vegas with Philip, Belle knows she should not have done so. Claire rushes in, says hi only to Gramma, but when Marlena leaves, Belle stops Claire from rushing out, apologizes for going to Vegas, it was wrong, etc. Claire lets her know she is going to audition for Juliard, as she leaves Shawn comes in, saying he just wants Claire to be happy. When Claire is gone, he wants to talk to Belle about "us", saying he never should have filed for divorce, he was hurt, and wanted to hurt her, and knows he did, and she went to Vegas with Phil, wanting to hurt him back. Belle, though doesn't want to talk at all, Shawn leaves.

At the jail, Marlena comes rushing in, hoping she is in time. Roman assures her she is, Eric is brought in, handcuffed. She hugs him, crying, telling him she is there for him, will always be. Roman embraces his son as well, and follows as the cop leads Eric away.

First off thank you for writing this up. A couple of things. Now I haven't seen it, only read the summary, so I many need to alter impressions:

1. How come it was okay for EVERYONE else to publicly shame Nicole for anything but it's not okay the other way???? :confused:

2. The story is Deimos "had an affair" with Victor's fiancee, and Victor was 20 when Deimos was born??? So Victor had to be what, 34ish maybe, for Deimos to be 14 and what kind a lady does that?? I'm confused.

3. I won't comment on the stupidity of Shawn/Belle/Philip, other than to say stupid stupid stupid

4. Funeral is tomorrow? Our time or Days time?

Thank you anyone who stuck with me till the end of this post.

Deimos was 20 when he seduced or bedded Victor's fiancee'. Deimos claims Victor could have helped get him off, and is adamant he did not do it. (Victor was then, I guess, 40)

Philip mentioned Deimos spending 30 years in prison for something he did not do, Victor only told Maggie.....how does Philip know. He covered quickly saying he heard Victor talking to Maggie, so went and asked Deimos, who told him his side of things.

And I just do not understand why Brady having Daniel's heart is causing him to have Daniel's memories?? Do those brain cells drift down thru the blood stream and come to rest in the heart muscles??

Well, the very last scene was Brady in bed, having a dreams, we hear a female voice sort of singing, and the surf washing up on shore....(reminded me sort of the legend of Song of the Sirens....and we hear his heart beating, and then it begins to go faster.

Maybe we are going to next get vampires and zombies.:rolleyes:

If they want to go supernatural route, I would rather they did sort of "feeling" Daniel's presence, The only thing that was sort of right was when Brady told Nicole not to hate Eric, that Daniel would not have wanted her to do that.

As usual, lack of good judgment was on display today, but perhaps Belle belongs at the top of the list by demonstrating that Sami might have been on to something when she once tried to sell her, and that Shawn might have been better off sticking with Willow Stark. If Eric doesn't want a lawyer to defend him, he ought to hire Belle -- she seems to know more about cheap hook-ups than the law. Over at TBD, there's Kate who seems to be weary of a relationship with a former professional assassin. Who knows, she might think that a convicted murderer is a step up. Then there was Deimos actually looking for an apology from Victor. Victor? He has to be kidding. Finally, there's the question of Brady's dreams about Nicole. Things might be more interesting if instead of warm, romantic scenes, they featured him being chased across Salem by Nicole and the Love Doctor, who are yelling: "Give us back the heart!"

Let me get this straight, Belle is going to represent Eric who is her half brother in a case in which her other half-brother Brady was one of the victims. Now I realize that with EJ and Aiden gone, Belle is now apparently the only lawyer practicing in the city or the county but still wouldn't this be a violation of something called a "conflict of interest?"

But then this is Salem where apparently such legal technicalities don't exist. That's one of the nice things about living there I guess. Another nice thing is fact that appears to be located approximately five minutes from anywhere else in the world. So if I lived there I could probably just walk to Disneyland anytime I wanted to but I digress.

Speaking of Belle, I just don't get her deal. I mean the end of a marriage is a sad thing I get that. But the marriage ended in part because she chose to have an affair. So since she made that decision why do I get the feeling we are supposed to see her as the victim? I don't know maybe I'm reading it wrong but I can't shake the feeling that we're supposed to feel sympathy for her without her really deserving it. I'm just not getting it.

Was anybody else kind of surprised that when Claire walked into the townhouse and saw Marlena she didn't say "Oh, hello, Dr. Evans?"

I can admire Eric for taking responsibility for the tragedy he has caused but his insistence on not even hiring a lawyer makes think of this quote from a terrific film I feel is not referenced enough:

"They say a man who acts as his own lawyer has a fool has a client and with God as my witness I am that fool!"
-Gomez Addams (Raul Julia) The Addams Family (1992).

2. The story is Deimos "had an affair" with Victor's fiancee, and Victor was 20 when Deimos was born??? So Victor had to be what, 34ish maybe, for Deimos to be 14 and what kind a lady does that?? I'm confused.
The answer to your # 2 question is Eve or Ava. In addition to Kate, who has been guilty of keeping company with males not quite that young but years her junior.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Victor is 70 now? I guess I can buy that. But I can't buy this alleged moral high ground.

I'm glad we haven't seen most of Maggie's crying.

Brady with Daniel's memories...please let this be leading somewhere. And somewhere away from Jeannie T!!

I'm not a fan of Kate but I could support her and Deimos.

Belle: Leave Salem. Bring back Sami. That's how low she's been. I would actually rather hear Sami shrieking "He's changed!!!!!" than this.

LOVE everything Marlena did today!

That was my question too Jason....I was trying to figure out how these ages matched up. So Victor was 20 when Deimos was born, 40 while engaged to Helena, and is now 70. Mmmmkaaaaayyyy. So are we supposed to believe that Caroline is about that same age too since those two apparently had an affair that produced Bo and isn't he the youngest of the Brady siblings. Riiiiiiigggghhhht. See, this is why they should never mention actual ages unless it makes sense.

This whole thing with Brady having Daniel's memories seems a bit "jumping the shark" to me but then perhaps they already crossed that bridge with a good many other things (like this isolated story of Hope killing Stefano and Rafe helping her cover it up or the complete personality change in Belle or (fill in the blank)).

I liked that Marlena sort of gave Belle a bit of a smack down for her recent behavior and treatment of Claire. Good for her. I thought she was gentle yet stern in her comments and gave Belle a lot to think about. Belle is pretty messed up right now and it's about time someone like Marlena called her out on it instead of coddling her. I really wish we could see some interaction between Claire and Marlena/John. I feel like there are some missed beats here that should be played. The way Belle is acting, I really hope Shawn goes through with the divorce and moves on to someone else. This is terrible so far. I wasn't necessarily rooting for them but with their marriage trouble occurring offscreen I have a really hard time having any sympathy for Belle and am sitting here with my mouth agape at Shawn trying to take the blame for what happened. What in the world is going on here?

I wonder if Victor will tell Caroline he used her vision to fake out Deimos.

I think Marlena forgot Belle isn't Sami the way she was talking to her.
I enjoyed Marlena's scenes with Eric.

Interesting what Brady said about he's a better person with Daniel's heart.
He now has compassion. Will Brady need to be hypnotized to get rid of
Daniel's memories?

Interesting to learn Nicole had no idea when or what was planned for
Daniel's funeral. How much will we see?

I had to fast forward Brady's dreams as well as most of his discussions about Daniel. Otherwise, I enjoyed his conversation with Nicole about Eric. What was missing from the conversation was Brady mentioning that Eric was once the love of her life. I think that would have been very relevant here. And furthermore, Brady knows Eric is still in love with Nicole.

I was glad to see Nicole assisting Brady with walking but he needs to be connected to an IV. Yesterday we saw Eric lying there with EKG leeds attached to his chest. Surely they can connect a fake IV to Brady.

Troy, Belle also represented her mother-in-law Hope.

I agree that Belle should have gone to the station with Marlena.

LOVED Marlena giving Belle some tough love. She needed it. I also like that everyone seems to be rooting against Philip and Belle. I'm really not getting Belle's anger towards Shawn. She should have softened when he admitted the divorce filing was a mistake. As for Shawn, I need to see him working and interacting with other characters instead of only chasing Belle around. Also, I need him to shave and then join Philip at the barber shop.

Don't even think about it Kate.

I'd like to see Deimos in a scene with any of the following: Hope, Adrienne, Jennifer, Eve.

LOVED both Roman and Marlena with Eric. The chemistry between these 3 is fantastic--I felt like Greg Vaughan (Eric) really was their son. Nice to see so much more of Roman but he needs a love interest.

No clue as to what Victor is trying to accomplish.

Fashion Notes:
Marlena's blazer needs to be burned. Her torso is too long for such a short jacket with a tucked in shirt.
Just say no to Kate's entire ensemble, bags included.
Loved Belle and Claire's outfits.
Eve's dress once again was nice but too short and too low cut.

Let me get this straight Belle is going to represent Eric who is her half brother in a case in which her other half-brother Brady was one of the victims. Now I realize that with EJ and Aidan gone Belle is now apparently the only lawyer practicing in the city or the county but still wouldn't this be a violation of something called a "conflict of interest?"
Since the case is People v. Brady and Brady Black is at most a potential witness, there is no conflict of interest in the usual sense, such as representing somebody who's suing a former client, etc. However, Belle is skating on thin ice regarding the ethical canons below.

EC 5-2
A lawyer should not accept proffered employment if the lawyer's personal interests or desires will, or there is reasonable probability that they will, affect adversely the advice to be given or services to be rendered the prospective client. [Belle is taking a case in which a relative was critically injured. How zealous could she be on behalf of defendant Eric? Could she successfully ignore pressure from any family members who are angry at Eric?]

EC 6-1
Because of the lawyer's vital role in the legal process, the lawyer should act with competence and proper care in representing clients. The lawyer should strive to become and remain proficient in his or her practice and should accept employment only in matters which he or she is or intends to become competent to handle. [Has Belle ever handled a criminal defense? How competent is she in this area? Based on her actions since coming to Salem, she doesn't seem capable of doing anything other than lusting after Shaggy Phil.]

Last edited:
Back