Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 31, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Will is calling Marlena, much to Paul's dismay. (NBC broke in with train wreck story, so missed about 10 min.) Apparently he only asks Marlena to come over, he has to talk to her. Paul is not pleased, and argues big time about not really knowing the score. He wants to check, until he is sure that what he thinks might be right. He just cannot believe his dad would harm Steve in any way.

Tripp comes home to find Ciara and Claire arguing big time about Theo. He tries to stop it, shut them up, but they just go at it verbally, tooth & nail, despite his stopping them a few times. He finally puts his foot down, tells them off, he just finished a double shift, is tired, hungry, needs a shower, and bed. He wants quiet until the pillow is covering his head. He goes up, slams the door, the girls look at each other. Later, they are contrite, sorry they put him thru it, he is right, so they made him a nice dinner, and cleaned up the clutter downstairs. Later still, all 3 are playing a video game, having fun, til Claire opts out, goes to bed. Ciara sees Tripp still has it bad for Claire, he comments she still does for Theo...both need a distraction, decide on a video game marathon, they won't leave the sofa. (yep, all filler, if you cannot guess)

Steve tells Kayla that Dr. Shah says he has an auto immune disease, one like he has never seen before. They took blood work so may know more, but it is incurable. Kayla assures him there are things to be done to relieve symptoms. Steve more or less is resigned to the fact he is ill, doesn't want to be a burden to Kayla. He would never be a burden to her, they exchange loving hugs, murmurs of how much they love each other. Steve wants to get away from the hospital, take a walk. They leave, and in the park, he talks of how beautiful she looks in the moonlight. More hugs, and I love you.

At the K mansion, Eve wonders why Sonny is stalling on the divorce papers, attempts to reason with him about letting go of trying to get Will back, he has amnesia, he won't remember. Sonny berates her for relationship advice, commenting on all her marriages, and they were not for love. She admits Deimos was not, but Eduardo was. She truly loved him, they had a good marriage. Sonny cracks “until he left with his fake name and life”. She agrees, notes that marriage to Jack was not for love, but it sure was for Frankie Brady. She thought they would be together forever. But.....life happens, love fades.

Brady talks to Victor about Eve, who he feels is pulling away, Sonny told her he was just using her, he has to gain her trust back. Vic says sex is not enough, you will have to romance her, get her to fall for you. & later, Brady does just that. Eve brings him papers, is about to leave his room, he grabs her and kisses her, she pulls away, tells him the sex has been great, but this is all not working. Let's just leave it at business only. Brady then says he agrees with her, the sex has been great, but he has found himself falling for her. Maybe they should go out on a date or something!

John sits in the Pub, staring at the vial, recalling his phone conversation with the guy who brought it to him. Marlena arrives, glad they will be having dinner, just the thing she needs, but she soon notices his mood, asks him what is wrong. He has something on his mind, a problem, and cannot seem to come up with a way to deal with it. He finally is about to tell her, and in true soap opera fashion, her phone goes off, tis Will.....she wants to shut the phone off, he says to take it. She does...see above. And in another minutes, in comes a call from Carrie, who tells her about her parents being arrested. She will let Marlena know what happens. Marlena tells John, who realizes Roman's alibi for Anna was proved fake, and they will be needing help and support. He now decides against telling Marlena his problem, tells her to go see Will.

This Marlena does. But Will now decides to give Paul the help he requested, makes up some excuses about being tired, is sorry she rushed over, he is unpacking, blah, blah. Marlena leaves, Paul was hiding behind the door, grateful that Will kept quiet. They talk, need more proof, look into it, and Will is going to help. Paul tries to talk him out, he is P.I. Knows how to go under the radar, could be dangerous. Will figures he used to be a reporter, so maybe that will kick in. But he is going to help Paul, figure this out together.

Sonny talks with Uncle Vic, who doesn't understand why Sonny is resisting the divorce. Sonny may want Will, but Will doesn't want him, and has made it clear. Time to move on, concentrate on Titan. More of the same.

Sonny sits in his room, papers on the table, pen in hand. He signs, sits back.

Steve & Kayla enter the Pub, join John, and then fill him in on Steve's illness, tests, future outlook. One can see John getting more upset, and guilt ridden. Steve tells John he cannot do the letter, gives it back to John, says he will have to do that himself, or use Paul. Steve says they are going home, just going to spend as much time together as they can, and they leave.

John is outside the Pub, on the bench, vial in his hand, turning it, looking at it, clearly upset. He rises, throws it onto the ground, it shatters. And with a determined look, he grinds it with his heel.

Last edited:
Seems like Jennifer has a habit of picking up crazy guys in the medical field (Dr. Ben Walters and Liam, the pharmaceutical guy), so it makes you wonder if Dr. Shah is up to no good, and if he's trying to harm Steve for some reason.

Why is it that every character in Salem gets to referee Claire and Ciara except for the 2 who should be doing it??? Namely Hope or Shawn. This story writes itself.

Also, can Marlena PLEASE have scenes with offspring other than Will? I love Marlena/Will scenes but why can't she also visit Claire? Or Eric? Or Brady? Or Arianna? or Tate? I hate that Kate gets to be a part of practically every story on the show but then Marlena gets isolated as usual. That said, I did like that Carrie called and that Marlena called her "Honey". If Carrie does come to Salem, I hope we see some scenes with them together.

So Eve and Frankie actually got married? It's funny how she mentioned all her men except JJ.

I'm also starting to think Dr. Shah may be involved with Steve's ailments. But the bigger question is who is behind it all? Surprise us Ron.

I like that Marlena pulls her blue leather jacket out of the closet once a decade. Still a great color on her.

John and Steve: I think I've pieced it together. You see, someone has been pressuring John to poison Steve with a substance that apparently creates symptoms of an autoimmune disease so Steve will go to an immuniologist. Because everybody should get an immunology exam? Okay, I admit I've actually got nothing. :confused:

The Terrible Teen Trio: All of that nonsense with Ciara and Claire would have been worth it if Tripp would have just said "Calgon, take me away!"

(For those that don't know, that's a reference to a fairly popular TV ad campaign for Calgon bath products that ran in the eighties. In the commercial, a stressed-out housewife is shown in a chaotic situation dealing with a mischievous cat, a rambunctious toddler and a ringing telephone and she calls out "Calgon, take me away!" Then we see her relaxing in a quiet bubble bath.)

I did kind of like seeing all three of them bonding by playing video games because while those scenes may have been filler, that is also what people their age would do. Hopefully, Ciara and Claire's truce will last because if we repeatedly have to see Tripp playing referee, those scenes will soon lose their charm. And by "soon" I mean immediately. LOL

Last edited:
But the bigger question is who is behind it all? Surprise us Ron.
I hope, but I'm not holding my breath. It'll probably be StefanNo.

I like that Will and Paul are working together on this, but I still don't understand why we brought Will back if not to reunite Will and Sonny. And now that they've ruined Sonny, I actually don't want them to have a romance, so that ship has sailed.

Ron seems to favour the "I have something to tell you, it's super important, you must know now, I've thought about it and it's time to tell you...yeah go ahead take that call" trope. Not a fan.

Thanks, Poirot.

Did anyone count how many times Will said best friend?

I laughed when Eve talked to Sonny about the papers he was reading. She
thought it was a contract and asked him if he had trouble with big boy
words. I thought funny since we talk about his big boy hair do.

Nice to hear Frankie Brady's name.

Victor was funny too talking to Brady about Eve and making sure he didn't
fall in love with her. Victor then said how Brady falls for anybody
with pulse
in heels. Brady said that wouldn't happen because love isn't an option anymore.
Then Victor replied until next week when it is

Sonny berates her for relationship advice, commenting on all her marriages, and they were not for love.
It's funny how she mentioned all her men except JJ.

I thought they were talking about her husbands. If they had included lovers, she should have mentioned Nick Corelli.

Seems like Jennifer has a habit of picking up crazy guys in the medical field (Dr. Ben Walters and Liam, the pharmaceutical guy), so it makes you wonder if Dr. Shah is up to no good, and if he's trying to harm Steve for some reason.
If Dr. Shah isn't the second coming of the diabolical Dr. Chyka, he really needs to come up to speed about Salemites' medical problems by reading Dr. Tom Horton's Guide to Medical Practice in Salem. That way he'd know that somebody with mysterious, inexplicable symptoms has almost surely been poisoned.
The Terrible Teen Trio: All of that nonsense with Ciara and Claire would have been worth it if Tripp would have just said "Calgon, take me away!"
What they should have done is unite to save Theo from Capetown's extreme drought by sending him cases of bottled water. According to an article in yesterday's paper, the drought has led to water shortages and Capetown could actually run out in three months. (Imagine Claire in a tizzy because she thinks Theo might die of thirst.)

Finally, it was good to see Big Boy Sonny give up on his mad plan to fight Will's plan to get a "divorce." As noted in a much earlier post, no divorce was required because the troubled Will-Sonny marriage ended when Sami's son was declared dead. It might have made for a good scene if the case ended up on cranky Judge Goldberg's docket and the bad-tempered judge had thrown a fit over the pointlessness of the divorce action.

This was a good episode overall, minus the FF-material (the teens). Sorry, I'm just over the bickering about Theo, especially since he's half a world away. Let's move on, and not have a rehash of the 90s with Carrie/Austin/Lucas/Sami being redone.

The Eve & Sonny scenes were interesting. I can't recall them really sharing much airtime before. I like that she and Victor encouraged him to stop fighting the divorce. But Eve can't really be that stupid as to thinking Brady isn't using her, right?

The Will-Paul thing has potential. I like the idea of them as a pair, but also the fact that they're giving more dimensions to the Patch and John thing right now.

Back