Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 4, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Evidently Hope was stabbed by Sheila & Coco, though we did not see this yesterday, but Hope is now in the infirmary, with Rafe sitting by her side, as he tries to get her to tell him who did it. She claims at first it was so fast, she did not see, but he guesses who the culprits were, she finally admits he is right, but urges him to not do anything, she will take care of it, doesn't know how yet, but will do so herself. Rafe has called Justin, tells him about the Stefano sighting, and going to Prague to find him.

Next we see Hattie is with her, Rafe returning from somewhere, saying something to the effect she is going to be in there a few weeks. Hattie says she will rally up all the other "dames" who don't like Sheila & Coco, to help protect Hope, Rafe says it is a good idea, she goes out, Hope asks Rafe if he said something to anyone to keep her in the infirmary. He only mentioned it would be lousy PR if it got out that a cop was stabbed for the 2nd time there. He tells of going to Prague with Steve, Marlena & Paul, will drag Stefano back if he has to.

(The show jumps around a bit, I am trying to keep each story together, so bear with me).

Shane sits with Marlena, Shawn &Paul telling of another sighting of Stefano by their female undercover agent in Prague. She sat in on a meeting with arms dealer, tried to follow him afterwards, lost him. Paul wants to go with Steve & Rafe, so does Shawn. Shane agrees about Paul, if John says o.k. (which he does), but nixes Shawn as Ciara & Claire need him, as does his mother. He & Paul leave, Marlena wants to go, as she knows Stefano better than anyone. Shane says no, but finally, reluctantly, agrees for her to go, too. She calls John, fills him in, and then, later is sitting on a park bench with Paul.

They chat a bit, Paul says he is concerned about something, but doesn't want to talk about it as it concerns Will. Marlena admits that is painful for her, but urges him to say what is on his mind, and knows he was involved with Will at one point. He thinks a lot of Will, but on New Year's, kissed his husband. Marlena is very kind, says Will would not want Sonny to be alone forever, and Paul should talk to him.

Nicole is on the phone with Nancy, offering to come babysit a bit, so Nancy could visit with Chloe, but Nancy says no. Deimos hears this. Nicole hangs up, is upset, tells Deimos, goes upstairs as her asst. had called her. Deimos goes into the living room, Brady is there, he tells Brady that Chloe must have told Nancy, as now Nancy won't let Nicole come over. Brady decides he will go visit his former mother-in-law, & leaves. Nancy is happy to see him, he says he just saw Chloe, no change, is there anything he can do. Nancy wants to take a shower, if he will keep an eye on the sleeping Holly. Sure enough. Nancy goes off, Brady waits til he hears the shower water running, then gets a swab from his jacket, does the cheek thing. When Nancy comes out, he is pacing around just a bit, says Holly still sleeping. Nancy yaks about no hair dryer in the room, would he get one at the desk. Sure, he goes out. She checks the baby, wonders aloud why Brady seemed so nervous, and then searches the pockets of his jacket. (sorry, but this is truly a stretch). She finds the packet with the swab, comments aloud Brady must suspect who the real mother is, takes out the swab, goes to a door, opens it, stands for a second, back to us, returns, evidently having swabbed her own cheek. She returns the packet, as Brady returns with the hair dryer, then takes his leave.

Steve comes into Kayla's office with coffee for her, Jade is sleeping, Joey also sleeping in a chair beside the bed. Joey comes in, looking sad and is very upset. He wants to know why and how this could happen, Kayla tries explaining that sometimes, things just are not all in sync, but Joey figures this is his punishment for killing Ava. Jade is in the same room, it is a sign. He is sobbing, very upset, wants to confess, pay for this. How can he go on, go to college, get married, have kids. This will haunt him. Steve & Kayla are holding him, telling him that saying something now will serve no purpose, they will all get thru this, and while Jade will recover physically, emotionally will probably take longer.

Steve gets the call from Shane (see above) but says no, he won't go. He explains about the group going to Prague because of the Stefano sighting, but he is not leaving his family. He has not been there for his son too much. Joey assures him he is not a little kid any more, he needs to go. Kayla echoes this, it will be helping Hope. Steve still says no, Joey reminds him Bo was his best friend, he cannot let Hope down. Kayla chimes in, yes, you should go, she kisses him. He asks if she is sure, says o.k. says goodbye, loves them.

Sonny meets with Paul, who tells him of leaving town, going to Prague, but wanting to talk about something, the kiss on New Year's Eve. Sonny doesn't regret it, he smiles, but thinks they need to have this conversation after Paul gets back. Paul agrees, smiling, he did not regret it either.

Sonny sits with Deimos, telling what he thinks is going on with the Hernandez business. He talks of Dario getting Gabi a "real" designer handbag, making her empty her other fake one, taking it to the unused room to rip apart. Looked like he found what he was looking for, a microchip. Deimos wonders what is on the chips, then says if they play their cards right, it could be beneficial to Titan. Sonny also talks of the Stefano sighting, the group going to Prague, including Paul. This leads Deimos to reveal that Vic told him that Sonny & Paul were a couple once, and that Victor has said that Sonny is the best of all of K clan. . He thinks Vic was right.

Nicole has come downstairs, decides to go for a walk, returns, Deimos is alone. It was cold out but the walk was good. (yep, she is sleeveless, egads!). However, she did clear her head, realizes she herself was never meant to have children, but the important thing right now is for Chloe to get well, and be able to take care of HER children. Deimos loves her, and she has something to tell him. He smiles, no, she doesn't have to say she loves him, too. She knows that she doesn't have to, but she wants to. I love you, she repeats it, I do love you. Kiss, kiss, kiss.

The group is ready to leave for Prague, using John's plane. Shane is going to London, will be in touch. They go, Shane looks at the photo of Stefano, smiles.

I am just so disgusted and disappointed in the Chloe/Nancy/Nicole story. Nancy was at first saying she wanted Chloe to wake up and tell Nicole. Then she completely changed her actions. This is so awful and predictable that I started getting angry at work just reading the recap. I am glad I was not home watching - I don't think I would watch again. This truly might be the final straw for me (although I can't seem to not read the recaps, so Barb and crew, please don't stop or think we don't appreciate them.)

Here's how the scene with Patch, Kayla and Joey should've gone:

Joey: Jade lost our baby in the same room I killed Ava in. It's payback for what I did, it's all my fault.

Kayla: No, honey, that's not true.

Patch: Your mom's right, Joe. The hospital only has one room, so it had nothing to do with you killing Ava.

Joey: Jade lost our baby in the same room I killed Ava in. It's payback for what I did, it's all my fault.

Patch: Your mom's right, Joe. The hospital only has one room, so it had nothing to do with you killing Ava.
Great JS.

Poirot, thanks for the detailed summary.

I had the same thought about the hospital room! I am okay with Joey still feeling a little guilt over killing Ava since most people in Salem do not! It does make him seem so gloomy, though and I do like the support his parents give him. Maybe I just like Steve and Kayla so much.

Yup, Holly's paternity is going to draaaagggg. Especially with Nicole talking about being jealous.

Love having Shane on. I'm up for the adventure even though I don't believe it!

I was just coming here to comment on this - there's only one treatment room, so how *couldn't* it be the same room. And there's only one office too (it's either Jen's, or Kayla's, or Daniel's) - they just switch the door between being closet or entrance.

I am still not liking this Stefano alive thing. I hope it ends up maybe being Stefano's brother we never knew about. Ya know, like Deimos being Victor's brother. Maybe they can get an actor that does resemble him? Would be nice if the torture of Stefano could continue :rotfl:

Poor Joey and yes, he is always going to carry the guilt that he cold bloodedly killed someone.

Oh Brady how do you just leave the DNA there!! They already think Nancy knows the truth and is hiding it!! Arrgh!! I want Nicole to get Holly!! She is breaking my heart!!

Love having Shane on. I'm up for the adventure even though I don't believe it!

Me too. Too bad this is all about Hope though.

I was also surprised by Hope being in the infirmary. If you'll recall I said that the scene with her, Coco and Sheila from yesterday's episode seemed like it was just popped in at the last minute. We didn't even see her get stabbed--all we saw was them pushing her on the bed. And why can't Shawn visit his mother? Why must Rafe be the only one seen as looking out for Hope? He doesn't even look out for Gabi at this point. And when is the last time we saw him with Eduardo or even Nicole?

I'm curious about this Prague thing and like that it involves so many characters but I hate that it's all about Hope.

I know I'm in the minority but I like Nancy in Mama Bear mode and thought it was clever what she did with the q-tip. At least she didn't hack into the hospital computers. I do like that Nancy is also struggling with what she's doing. Now please bring back Craig too!

Enjoyed Steve, Kayla and Joey.

Nice seeing Shane today. I wish he was going with them to Prague.

Will Marlena pack a black jacket since the guys are wearing one? And are they
taking luggage? Maybe the Salem elves are packing for them :)

Will Sonny and Deimos wait until Paul gets back to find out more about
the microchips? Or will Deimos try to figure it out on his own?

Did Nancy put her DNA on the cotton swap before she put in the plastic bag?

Back