Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 7, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Not too much going on in Salem today. Chad continues to give Jordan the snow job about not being the one to get Rafe in trouble. He tells her that others knew about Gabi, and that Rafe knew, rattling off a series of names, including Hope, and even Sonny, though he says he doesn't think Sonny would have told. Jordan falls for it all, has to assure Chad again she and Rafe are over, but she worries about him.

Melanie & Theresa don't want Brady's help, telling him to get out of the lounge area. He mentions his papers, Melanie gives him the envelope, tells him to get lost. He goes home, is frustrated, Maggie comes in, they talk of him going to a meeting. & no, he doesn't want to tell her what is bothering him.
Meanwhile Mel & Theresa talk calmly, agreeing to meet later when Theresa will be back with the form Mel needs. Then they get into a verbal hassle about Brady, with Theresa talking negatively, Melanie explaining their good friendship, yada, yada.

Later, Theresa is in the park, looking frightened when she gets to the spot where she had been chloroformed, Maggie comes up, can see Theresa is nervous, tho Theresa tries shaking it off, saying how she hates winter, everything is dead (except all the park trees and shrubs) telling herself it was only a dream, and then scooting off. Later, in the hospital, she comes into a room with the file & form Melanie wanted, but no Melanie. Theresa is exasperated, leaves the form on the desk, turns to leave, sees a baby rattle on the floor. She picks it up, her hand is shaking.

A few scenes of Mandrake looking a files, and then answering a call from "Miss DiMera" assuring her the test results are fine, all is well, and he has been keeping an eye on Miss Donovan, and all is o.k. there, too.

A frustrated Sonny is talking to Will on the phone, imploring him to make time, he has something very important to tell him. Will can't talk now, has an appointment, abruptly hangs up as Kate arrives. (yes, in the square, not his huge office at Sonix, lol). Evidently Will sent his article to Kate for a critique, she says really well written, Will has made the reader feel the sports scene. Then, using a lot of baseball terminology, she says he really did not get to Paul, the person, who seems to be doing a lot of distracting, as he does during a game, faking the batters out, etc. Will gets an idea, and takes off.

Paul has come upon Sonny, asking why he came to his room last night. Both beat around the bush, talking of "very late on New Year's Eve, Paul insisting it was business, Sonny finally admitting he came to ask for a loan, but doesn't need it any more. Everything is fine. Paul tries to plead his case about coming out at last, Sonny is glad for him, hope it works out and that he finds the right guy to be with, but that person is not him.

Abby is leaving Ben's apartment, after spending the night, kiss, kiss, blah, blah, opens the door and there is Clyde. Small awkward talk, she takes off, Clyde is commenting aloud to Ben that he picked a good one. Clyde came to see the apartment, and wish Ben well, he starts college tomorrow. Ben talks about Abby, saying he wants to finish college first before anything else.

He goes to work, Chad has come in, gets on Ben's case about a table not being cleared. Ben notes the person went to the bathroom, and might not like returning and finding his coffee gone, but if Chad wants, he will clear it. He then mentions (sarcastically) how good a job Chad is doing with not coming in much. Sonny tells Ben that if he doesn't like Chad coming in....get himself another job.

Aiden suggests he & Hope go somewhere private so he can explain about why he "threatened" Bree. So, they leave their private table at the Pub, and go sit on a bench in the park, where, with trees and bushes still covered with leaves, anyone can be eavesdropping and stay hidden, He now explains how after his wife died, Bree was merciless, talking about him, making up lies, really harassing him. He took out a restraining order, (he talks a lot about protecting Chase) and was intending to take her to court. However, he did not want their lives splashed all over the papers, thinking how Chase would be affected, and so figured the only way to put a stop to it all, would be to move. So, they did. Hope understands, and Aiden figured she might, as he thinks she has done what she could in order to protect someone she cared about. He then brings up Rafe, knowing Hope referred him to Aiden, but thought perhaps she knew all about what happened herself. Without being specific, both are understanding of the other's motivations and are understanding.

Melanie bursts into the Kmansion, apologizes to Brady for how she acted earlier, she knows he was only trying to help. She starts to leave, he stops her, and we once again have to listen to the non-stop, little kid babbling of Melanie, and of Brady as well, who keeps trying to say a few words. He finally makes her shut up, long enough for him to admit (and her, too) that there is more than "good friend" feelings going on. That shuts her up, thank goodness.

Will goes to see Paul, a follow up interview, and goes round and round with Paul (this guy is really a good actor!) avoiding direct answers, as Will questions him, or tries to, about his personal life, his inside thoughts. Has he ever been angry, in love. Paul plays cat and mouse with Will a bit, but finally they get down to brass tacks. They are standing just a few inches apart, Will is gulping, and nervous, but finally manages to blurt out "Are you gay. Paul responds.......yes, I am.

Abby is leaving Ben's apartment, after spending the night, kiss, kiss, blah, blah,
When I first read this sentence, I thought it said "Abe is leaving Ben's apartment, after spending the night, kiss, kiss, blah, blah," and I thought, WHOA! I never saw THAT coming! :rotfl::rotfl:

I cleaned my glasses and re-read the sentence to see it was Abby leaving Ben's, not Abe.

Just a few comments (and for those of you who have watched "Friends" in the past, picture Chandler Bing saying these) :

Can this show BE any more boring ? :rolleyes: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (Chad, Jordan, Abigail, Ben).

Can this show BE any more contrived ? (Paul, Will, Sonny, now Kate-knows-all-about-baseball)

Can this show BE any more annoying ? (Baby Melanie)

Can this show BE any more stupid ? (The crazy doctor, Kristen on the phone and Theresa and the stupid, unjustifiable foetus stealing plot)

:angry::angry::angry::angry::beat::beat::beat::beat:

Enough said.

Kate is pointless lately. Why this futile vendetta against Jordan? (Not that I'm a fan of Jordan's!!) Meanwhile, could Jordan be any stupider?

Abby & Ben need to take a celibacy vow. They are completely uninteresting.

Waaaaaaaaaay too much time spent on Paul & Will's little conversational dance. Very slow moving episode.

Jeannie T had some great scenes, I was on her side with Melanie for a second, until she shot off her mouth (although she's right on about Brady). Same with Maggie. Meanwhile she did her job, got the form for Melanie, who had run off to talk to Brady. :rolleyes:

I loved Sonny calling out Paul that he's not fooling anyone.

I really did like Hope & Aiden's scenes.

I am now certain that Rafe is undercover and this is all a setup to snag Chad somehow. Sonny yelling at Ben (who was in the right for once) in front of Chad, then turning down Chad's loan - I have a feeling that Sonny's not been as duped as it seems. (If I'm wrong, then the writers really do suck as much as we all think they do.)

:love::love::love:MELANIE AND BRADY are so cute together!! :love::love::love:

NOT!!!!! I wish these two characters would get married and leave forever already. Melanie & Brady:
getouttahere.gif

You missed just a few (unimportant) scenes, but thought I'd add them anyways. Clyde meets Jeremiah in the park, talks of the "old man" Kiriakis having been in power for too long in Salem, and time to steal that power from him. Evidently, Jeremiah is going to be involved in this scheme against Victor. And at the hospital, Abigail talks to Jordan about the donation, Kate shows up and doesn't think Jordan's project will work, more arguing, and then Kate leaves, having enjoyed ticking off Jordan. And at the club, Sonny apologizes for snapping at Ben, who forgives him and gets back to work. Chad asks Sonny why he's irritable, Sonny says he's fine and makes some pointed remark at Chad, though later things seem somewhat fine between them.

OK--some good things and not so good.

Theresa looked lovely, and I obviously agree with her about wintertime. To be fair, there are also some kinds of shrubs that aren't pine/evergreen that DO stay green in winter. I have some in my front and backyard--that could explain the park greenery. But I think there should be more "snow" on the ground in the park. Anyways, not surprised about nosy Maggie showing up. But why is it OK for her to harass Nicole yet not Theresa, who hit John with a poker and made Brady think he did it? In addition, the fetus storyline is abominable. Whoever came up with that storyline idea should be fired immediately.

Jordan/Chad/Kate/Abby/Clyde/Ben--Boring. Enough already. NOBODY CARES!!

Will & Paul--As much as I HATE the prospect of Will cheating and then a divorce between him and Sonny...I have to admit, those two have chemistry...but I think it's a case of the very talented Christopher Sean (Paul) being such a good actor that he has chemistry with everyone, kind of like Arianne Zucker (Nicole) and Kate Mansi (Abigail). That said, I'm still a Will-Sonny fan, and I don't want their relationship to be ruined. Hopefully they can work things out. But here's something else: clearly Paul isn't leaving town anytime soon, and he's wealthy. So why is he still staying in that hotel? Just like Kritter! Jeez, enough is enough.

Loving Hope & Aiden. Great scenes, made the show somewhat better. On the other hand, the Melanie & Brady nonsense was SO annoying. I hate the idea of them being a couple already, but it seems Melanie's annoying, child-like babbling is infectious, for Brady was stammering the same way.

I keep think that Melanie would be better off with Ben. That way, we wouldn't have to see her with her much-older best friend who is also her dad's best friend AND we'd be spared of the boredom that is Ben & Abby romping in the sack 24/7. Kills 2 birds with on stone. And then they can reunite Abigail with Chad, maybe make her a bit more evil so that she will stop being a dull hypocrite a lot of the time.

I didn't think Maggie was being nosy when she ran into Theresa. I thought she was concerned about how frightened Theresa seemed. It seemed like the old Maggie who always wanted to help. Both ladies looked beautiful.

The actor who plays Paul is doing a tremendous job. Paul is always so under control and gives the "right" answers. It will be interesting to see how the truth comes out and how Paul deals with it.

I am interested to see the plan Clyde has for competing with Victor. I am glad Victor's storyline seems to be about business and a rival. I wonder if Clyde knows that Kate was married to Victor? He must but have they ever talked about it?

First.....thank you, daysg....I had a business phone call and am guessing the scenes you described were what happened during that time. The show was so slow moving, I was hoping perhaps all I missed were commercials. LOL

Next....I used to live in the Chicago area, and in winter, it was bare trees and shrubs. However, I do agree that there are some shrubs that stay green all winter. However, I doubt a park would be planted with NOTHING but those kinds. Oak trees retain their leaves all winter, but they turn brown. And if the show doesn't want to portray winter properly, then don't have people sitting in a green park, no shivering, no gloves, open coats, no hats, etc. etc. Keep them inside homes, hospital or that boring square, which evidently is under qigantic dome which extends for blocks and block, because no one wears boots, despite it being mid winter.

And then, I do find Kate a pointless character...but, they really have no story for her now, do they? So she can only waltz in and out of scenes as .....well, the word "filler" comes to mind. But then, I guess all the characters take turns at being filler, though.

I am getting the feeling that Chad could tell Jordan that grass is purple and the moon is made out of Velveeta and she would give him a big old smooch and thank him for his honesty. In other words at this point to call her stupid is a terrible insult to stupid people. I used to like her but I'm out of patience with her now.

I wish this whole pregnancy/stolen embryo nonsense with Theresa/Brady/Kristen was really just a dream so the show could drop it and never mention it again.

Poirot, I thought of you and your many comments about the weather and people being outside in it when Hope and Aiden were sitting on Benchie discussing Bree and neither was shivering or acting cold at all. Although I will give the wardrobe people a little credit as Aiden appeared to be wearing a wool dress coat over his suit. Hope however appeared to just be wearing a normal jacket one would wear as part of their outfit not a coat.

I liked Theresa reaching out to Melanie about trying to be civil with each other if not friends noting how they hit it off initially. But then she had diarrhea of the mouth and started saying things about Brady that ticked off Melanie. I wonder if Melanie will find Theresa having a distraught moment tomorrow given how it ended with the baby rattle. Speaking of babies, they need to end this nonsense right now with Brady and Melanie.

I knew Chad was going to be able to talk his way out of it with Jordan. So typical.

I'm slightly intrigued as to where things are headed with Paul and Will. I just feel like Sonny is going to end up the loser here and that makes me sad. Maybe he will take Derrick up on that drink sooner than we think. Ha!

I didn't and don't really get the part about Hope and Rafe. So she knew about him covering for Gabi? I think Jordan and Eric are in a contest to see who can squint and make a prune face for the longest. Chad was smart, all he had to say was "Kate" and that was it, Jordan was off his back and positive Kate must of done it. I don't see where all this is heading. What could Chad/Stefano be using Jordan for? To make Rafe mad, ok I get that, but why? Because of Rafe and Kate? Because of the tax charges? And Sonny, what did he do to Stefano and his mini me aka Chad?

Good questions, Nikki.

I think that perhaps, Hope, when she learned that Rafe had been told of how Gabi had neglected to immediately divulge that Andrew had kidnapped Melanie....well, Hope kept quiet. Rafe was a good guy, she thought highly of him. Aiden got that. She was protecting him.

I also have no idea what is the end game for Chad/Stefano....except....Chad is playing them all for his own advantage. In my opinion, he wants it all for himself, so is going about the power plays. He has/is doublecrossing Kate, Stefano, Sonny......and I am guessing that with Clyde deciding he wants a piece of the trucking pie that Victor owns, that soon Chad will be in a faceoff with Clyde as well.

Stefano thinks Chad is doing all of this for the benefit of the Company and the DiMeras...he is due for a rude awakening, methinks.

I wonder if Melanie will find Theresa having a distraught moment tomorrow

Of course she will. After all, Melanie is on every day ! :rolleyes: :wink:

Seriously though, add Melanie to an already horrible storyline, and there you have it : the worst storyline ever on Days. :angry: And that's saying a lot, since we've had so many in the recent years.

I'm actually surprised so many found today's show boring. I found some parts annoying but nothing boring at all.

I loved Hope and Aiden's scenes. I'm pretty convinced Aiden is telling the truth though I wonder if there's something else shady in his background that really shouldn't matter but does anyway.

Re: the conversation with Aiden about Rafe, I think Aiden was pointing out that Rafe is like family to Hope and her protection of him is like Aiden's protection of Chase. Of course that's also standard operating procedure in Salem (covering up loved ones' misdeeds) so Aiden could have chosen someone at random for an example.

By far though my favorite scene was Maggie/Theresa. I loved that Maggie had compassion for Theresa though I do wish someone, anyone would treat Nicole that way. I also thought Theresa's fear and suspicion of Maggie were very believable, and I loved her line about hating winter because everything's dead.

I wondered if Will is feigning attraction to Paul for the sake of the story? Today was the most interesting Will has been in months, though I do think he should have showed SONNY his draft, not Kate.

Could have done without Brady/Melanie but Melanie/Theresa was great. I still think they should have made Serena a girl Melanie experimented with dating and developed a romantic relationship between her and Theresa. Also glad Brady didn't drink over this stupidity.

I'd rather see Serena in a relationship with Brady, Lucas, or Rafe. What if Melanie had introduced her to her "good friend Brady", and things went from there? We'd be spared of another cougar romance and we wouldn't have to see Eric being a crybaby as much.

Back