Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 1, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Lots of small scenes today. Justin is on the phone with someone, telling them to do their job, or else. Kate walks in, chides him a bit, he tells her to do hers or she will be out as well. She says don't snap at me because my son is sleeping with your wife. Later, he is at the Pub booth, Adrienne comes in as he texted her to meet him. He has nothing to say, gives her an envelope, & leaves. She open it...divorce petition.

Warning, tons of flashbacks to Chad/Abby having sex. Ben tells Papa about downloading the ap, following Abby, her meeting with Chad, the conversation about their sexcapades, and how after Abby left, Chad was yelling to his father that it was over between him & Abby (with Ben figuring that Chad suspecting Stefano of spying on him). Ben is getting angry, throws a glass against the door, but when Clyde sympathizes, Ben assures him that Abby is his, is arriving soon, yada, yada. He mentions running into Chad, letting him know. Clyde is pretty interested in Stefano seeming to want Chad with Abby.

Clyde meets up with Kate, short meaningless conversation, except for them dissing Stefano, with Kate admitting Clyde is more to her liking, and her claim she was forced into the marriage with Stefano. He kisses her, takes off.

Chad confronts his dad about his reason for returning, knowing it is because he wants Chad & Abby together for some reason. Stefano denies this, wants his happy son. Chad knows better, is done with Abby, would never want her in this house, got his revenge for her sleeping with his brother. Stefano is roaring that EJ & Sami were happy in this house, but Chad notes that 6 weeks later EJ was dead. So..happy for 6 weeks. He says Sami is just like Stefano, lying, manipulative, etc. but Abby isn't. He walks out, but big sigh that he got thru all that.

Replay of Jen barging into Mrlena's office as Eve is escaping with laura's file. Nope, she doesn't see the name, Eve snarks at her, and dashes out. Meanwhile, replay of the nurse telling Theresa about the parents who were snarling at each other last year, but all lovey dovey this year as their son gets stitches. Anne comes roaring up, is missing her master keys, accusing Theresa, who denies. Anne leaves to answer a call, Eve returns, gives back the keys, Theresa goes to the office, later returning to tell Anne how she "found" them.
Anne leaves, Eve & Theresa have a few words about favors, Eve owes her one. Theresa goes home.

JJ & Bev are back in the park, Kyle finds them, invites them to a party. The guy spying on JJ is taking notes. Kyle invites the couple to a party he is having, will send details later, goes off, calling someone that he is "working on him". Bev wants to take JJ's mind off his troubles, they are kissing, along comes Paige, Bev spots her, Paige starts up calling JJ names, his cheating etc. Bev leaves, Paige goes on and on, til JJ finally shouts for her to shut up and listen. He explains how it was all over before he begged Paige to come back to him, and he never ever cheated on her while they were together. She doesn't believe him, yells a bit, and stalks off. She goes to her room, is looking at something on the computer, then throws herself on the bed, crying.

Abby is on the phone to Bridget in Ireland when Adrienne comes in. Abby tells her how Bridge is sick, and she promised to come visit her in September, when they have this festival they used to go to all the time. Adrienne feels something else is going on, but Abby just claims she is overwhelmed, and thinks she disappointed her mother. Cue Jen to walk in, no she hasn't, just glad Abby found her soul mate and is so happy. Abby gives a weak grin.
Later, Jen is at the nurses' station, Maxine hands her some press release, seems Dr. McAlister is going to Lakewood. Jen comments her mother went there a long time ago, stayed quite a while, it was all horrible at the time. She hadn't thought about that in years.
So now cue Eve, going over Laura's file, schizoaffective disorder, reads all the symptoms, smiles, because it can be genetically inherited, and the symptoms can all be the result of various drugs.

Over to the Kmansion, where Theresa is cuddling her baby, giving the nanny a hard time, giving her orders (Hayley respectfully notes that her job is nanny, and that's all). Well, since Hayley already changed Tate's diaper, she can go tell henderson that Theresa is starving. Hayley leaves, Theresa does a big long cutesy speech to the baby, how she would never hurt him, but wants them all to be one big happy family, daddy, mommy, & Tater tot, so they may have to lie a bit. She is all grins and sweet talk about this.

Stefano answers his phone, tells Harold to show him in. Behind him, the door opens, Clyde comes in. Stefano doesn't even turn around. What do you want?

Warning: Lots of FILLER and jumping around today. My head is spinning!!

At the hospital, Jeannie Theresa is watching the couple when Anne comes up and asks where her master keys are. She's not accusing, just asking her assistant if she's seen them. Jeannie claims she hasn't, she has to think about raising her kid. Anne points out that perhaps Jeannie might be scheming to get back in with Brady, and need her keys to access files for said task. (Anne's dialogue is sharp and witty, as usual.) She points out she's been a loyal friend to Jeannie T, and asks again where her keys are. Jeannie tells her she doesn't HAVE the keys; Eve comes up, Anne gets a call. Jeannie gets the keys back; Eve thinks her plan will work, thinks Jeannie can save the day for Anne now. Alone, Anne and Eve exchange words, as Anne admires the ring Shane gave Eve. Anne snipes that Jeannie T has to work for HER living, unlike Eve (who's "wearing her inheritance"), so perhaps Eve shouldn't be standing around chatting with Jeannie, it's "not professional" (when did that matter at Salem U Hospital, LOL). Jeannie T comes up, dangling Anne's keys, claims she found them in the top drawer of Anne's desk under some paper clips (Anne's sure she looked there). Anne leaves in a fluster, and Jeannie T berates Eve for the close call. Eve assures her that she won't need any favours like this again, and what she needed won't be linked back to Jeannie in any way. But it WILL hurt Jenny!! Eve tries to give Jeannie T advice on how to play the situation with Tate/Brady (play it cool), Jeannie assures her she has her own plan. Jeannie T tells her she'll call her marker in soon. Eve leaves; Anne returns, wants Jeannie to work, but it's "her time with Tate." She leaves.

Earlier, Eve had been in Marlena's office, replay of Eve finding what she needs, and crashing into Jennifer. Eve gathered her papers, Jennifer had apparently not seen them. Another hollerfight.

At the Kmansion, Justin is threatening an underling on the phone, if his/her division doesn't change, he's out! Kate has overheard, swears that could have been Victor. Justin agrees, and channels Victor, threatening Kate to "right the ship" at MadWorld, or she's out. She tries to make it personal, but he gloats about undoing some of the damage she did by losing those top people...now SHE has to close the Narita deal. Kate continues to try to play, but Justin's not having it.

JJ and Bev are in the square, chatting about Kyle. JJ thinks he wants something, and along comes Kyle (and the guy following him). Kyle invites them to a party, tries to get JJ's number, but JJ wants to be alone with Bev. (The guy is still watching Kyle/JJ.) Later, they're in the private park area. Bev wants to spend the whole evening together, JJ has to work at Club TBD, can't stay out late. Bev wants him to stop beating himself up; they kiss as Paige walks by (there was a short scene earlier of her deciding her plan would take too long, and leaving Club TBD). Their canoodling is interrupted when Bev notices Paige, who tells Bev "once a cheater, always a cheater." Bev leaves; Paige yells at JJ, who tries to apologise, Paige won't shut up, wants to know how many other s-words besides Eve/Roxanne JJ was sleeping with. JJ tells her to stop, he was always faithful to her while they were together, didn't even look at another girl. Paige won't give him a medal, says Eve's shadow was with them the whole time they were a couple. JJ/Eve were sick, wrong, she hates them so much.

In her office, Abigail has called Bridgit, promises to visit her in September. Adrienne comes in; Abby is weepy. She tells her about Bridgit, who took care of her when she & Abby lived in Ireland. Bridgit's not doing well, but didn't want her to visit until September. Abby laments how much simpler things were back then; Adrienne asks what has her so worried. Abby flashes back to the Garden Boink (it's a rather long flashback, about 90 seconds). More talk about what a great guy Ben is, how happy Abby is to be moving in with Ben. Abby worries she's letting her mom down, Jen has entered, is not upset, but is happy that Abby has found her soulmate. (Laying it on a bit thick, eh writers?)

Stefano wants Chad to tell him why he thinks [Stefano]'s really back in town. Chad says it's because of him & Abigail, and Stefano laughs heartily. Stefano pretends he was just upset that Chad dumped Abby if he really loves her. More round & round about whether Chad loves Abby or not, how terrible it would be for Abby to live in the house (nice contrasting Abigail and Sami, who Chad feels was a match for Stefano). Stefano wonders how Chad will be able to live without Abigail. Why should he stick to one woman, Chad asks, since he's such a hot DiMera? He makes his chess move, then goes out and has a dreamy flashback in the hallway. Back in the study, Stefano wonders how long this noble phase will last.

At Ben's apartment, Ben re-relays the information to Clyde about catching Chad & Abby talking about their recent sex. He says they slept together more than once, and gets angry and smashes his glass. He goes back to packing, Clyde assumes they've talked it all through since she's moving in still...but Ben hasn't let her know he knows. He relays what Abby told Chad, that Ben is a better man than Chad, and then she "proved" her love to him. He wants to make it work, and has let Chad know Abigial is "mine, all mine." Clyde isn't so sure, but is glad that Ben trusts him enough to confide in him. Ben contrasts Clyde's reaction to Stefano's, and relays how Chad said Stefano was trying to push Chad & Abby together. Clyde looks perplexed at this.

Chad and Theo are hanging out, waiting for Theo's therapist. Theo wants to play on the phone, Chad asks what was happening between Theo & Sawyer (apparently some sort of fight, Sawyer is his best friend), hopes they work it out. Theo brings up the fun Chad/Abby/Theo had at the Lake. Chad and Theo plan a fun trip, Abby is listening at the door. Theo runs to her and hugs her.

At Club TBD, Kate and Clyde are meeting, Clyde's upset that she didn't tell him Stefano returned. She claims she was going to tell him eventually. Clyde feels he's way above Stefano's league, Kate agrees. Clyde knows Kate's with him because it's what she wants (in contrast to why she was married to Stefano "a lifetime ago").
At the Kmansion, Jeannie T enters, takes Tate from the nanny, wants her to get her food. Nanny refuses, her job is with the baby. Jeannie orders her out, but stay close. Later, she tells Tate that they'll have to lie a bit to get Daddy to love her too, but if she plans it carefully, they'll work it out. (Really gross scenes.)

At the Pub, Justin and Adrienne meet and he gives her divorce papers.

At the hospital, Maxine gives Jennifer info for a press release from Seth Burns. It seems a Dr McAllister (no relation to Ian, I assume) is going to be treated at the Lakewood Sanitarium, where Laura had some treatment years ago. She was there a long time, it was horrible. (Maxine didn't know this.)

In her apartment, Eve is reading Laura's file and information on the tablet about schizo-affective disorder. Eve is relieved that drugs can cause the disease's symptoms.

In the Square, Kyle is telling someone on the phone that he's making inroads, he's working on him. He (presumably JJ??) has done this before.

Bev returns to the private park area, JJ doesn't want to talk about how it went with Paige. Bev tells him she got a text from Kyle about the party, turned him down since JJ's not into it. JJ says heck with it, let's go to the dang party. (His words are different, though.)

Meanwhile, a sobby Paige is looking at her online dating website, is sure her plan will work, but then collapses into a sobbing heap on her bed.

Ben is preparing his apartment, has Abby's favourite flowers, is waiting anxiously, while having flashbacks to Abby & Chad going at it.

Kate is sitting in the private park area, someone approaches her. She has a proposition for the visitor (whom we don't see).

Clyde arrives at the Kmansion to meet Stefano, who is peeved.

WOW this was a tough one!! The flashbacks were really much longer than usual. I'm sorry, but no amount of flashing back will make me think Chad & Abby are a great couple!! I know they have their fans...but it's being laid on a little thick here!!

Someone help me...did we actually meet this Bridget, and know about her? Or was this during the time in the late 1990s when Jenn and Abby were off canvas, and then referenced later during the Colin Murphy storyline? (I wasn't watching during the Colin Murphy story.)

After today, I just want Jeannie T away from Salem. I've been trying to find something redeeming in her and/or this story. It's just not happening. (Ditto Paige.)

Pity poor Marlena...and Theo...who only exist to prop others' stories. :sick:

Mods thanks for merging the threads!!

Someone help me...did we actually meet this Bridget, and know about her? Or was this during the time in the late 1990s when Jenn and Abby were off canvas, and then referenced later during the Colin Murphy storyline? (I wasn't watching during the Colin Murphy story.)
I think this all refers to when Jen and Abby were off canvas. I don't ever remember seeing or hearing about Bridget the nanny.

Thanks for the summaries ! I actually started to watch, but then, when I saw which characters were on today, I just couldn't. I'm sorry, I have zero interest in Eve, Paige, JJ, Bev, Jennifer, Abigail, Ben, Clyde or Kate now. And I can't stand Theresa, she's a horrible character and can't be redeemed in my eyes, and I do not want to see her using a baby to further scheme. This reminds me of Sami and I never could tolerate Sami either. So... is it August, yet ?

The Abby/Chad flashbacks were annoyingly long and repetitive.

I'm tired of the Paige non-drama. I really don't understand what she thinks she's going to accomplish sleeping with any older man, let alone Brady or John Black. And she needs to stop yelling at JJ. It's revolting and pointless :rolleyes:

I will be honest, I have not seen today's show, but Ben is having flashbacks of Abby and Chad??? I don't remember him being in the room and if he was, how creepy would that have been???

I've got a meeting after work, so this day may just sit on the dvr for a bit. It's not sounding all that and a bag of chips.

Ahhh, Jason, Bless his heart. He told me last week he would do the summary, but I thought perhaps he might not be able to do it.....and so I did one in a huge hurry, as I had something to take care of.....and that sweetheart did such an excellent job...and am glad he remembered the items I forgot. Thank you again, Jason, an EXCELLENT summary.

I agree with jason about jeannie T. And whatever Eve is planning, SHAME on her! Sounds like she plans on slipping some drugs to Jen, gaslighting her. Paige, the tears did not make us feel sorry for you. JJ, watch your back, something is afoot, and it is not boding well, it seems.

Nope, never heard of Bridget. When Bo went to Ireland, wasn't he in some pit or some hole in the ground, and along came Jennifer & Abby to rescue him. So then they all needed to flee someone or other.

I had a call for the first half hour and then I caught most of the second half. Seems like I don't need to rewatch.

Re: the flashbacks a few of us were discussing on twitter that this was likely due to scenes being cut. 3 sets of the same flashbacks in 1 episode is rather excessive, especially an extended one. The show is being tinkered with me thinks.

I need Jeannie T, Eve and Paige to take Will and head to LA for an extended break. I don't think Paige is going to end up in a good place.

I'm here for Stefano and Clyde tomorrow though. I hope Stefano has some great one liners!

Ben's increasing tendency to refer to Abigail as "mine" is starting to really give me the heebie-jeebies. The fact that he does so in conversation with the Heinous Hillbilly from Hades makes it even creepier. I like Ben but I'm starting to really feel uneasy about the direction he is going in.

I had some thoughts while listening to Theresa's disturbing diatribe to poor little Tate; thoughts like I know what she thinks she will get from Brady, things like wealth and status. But other then her um, skills in the bedroom what exactly does she think she has to offer Brady? Laziness? Self-loathing with an endless supply of self pity added in for good measure? Her social ineptitude?

I don't think for a minute we as the audience are supposed to like the pairing of Brady and Theresa or else they would give us something to work with in terms of giving them some kind of rooting value. So that raises the question if we're not supposed to like them then what's the point of forcing them upon us? I just don't get this one at all.

Even Theresa's calling the kid Tater Tot now.

I wonder what the relevance of Eve's ring was. Seemed very flash and engagement-y for a gift from daddy.

Ben's now saying SSSSSSSEX! the way Paige does. Its very annoying. And I still don't understand how HE can have flashbacks to somewhere he wasn't.

I feel like half of today's episode was a giant flashback of Chad & Abby. Which I thought was done reasonably well at the time, but do we need to keep repeating it over and over?

Paige is tedious, Kate and Clyde are skeevy, Stefano and Chad were just cycling around in circles, Justin and Adrienne were filler... Theo was the only high point.

I actually chortled when Clyde said he was above Stefano's league. Really? I'm no fan of the Phoenix, but...even HE never raped a teenager!!

Ben should be "imagining" Chad/Abby the way Sonny did with Will/Paul (new scenes), and Paige with Eve/JJ (new scenes)...wow...this seems to be a theme...:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Back