Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 12, 2017

Nice Chad/Theo chess-playing scene; nothing forced.

Dario is getting on my last nerve by his constant honeymoon references. "Just say no," Abby!

So, while speaking with her fake husband, Abigail had a slip of the tongue, and said she loved Chad. And she was embarrassed by this? Dario had a poorly-concealed angry reaction, accompanied by a snippet of sinister music.

Chad and Abby are disgusting, but the slime of the century award goes to Dario. This writing is terrible. I'm sure some new viewer is thinking these scenes are cute and will start shipping Dario/Abby even though they are not a real couple and never were. And here they are writing cutesy scenes for them, without reminding us that Dario is lying (not to mention a criminal).

Sonny is an idiot.

The only thing that feels redirected to me is the Claire stuff, and that is not being handled well. I like that she has a job, but why create a nasty boss (honestly, screaming at an employee in the middle of the Square on her first day?) and a fake restaurant when there are scores of Salem eateries already? Hostess at Tuscany as a favour from Maggie would be more reasonable. I just don't buy that there's a "tight ship" restaurant in the whole square. Stupid. I hope we see the Square less under the incoming writers.

Dario IS a creep!! My goodness, why be so attracted to someone who is clearly NOT interested? I can see this turning even more sinister soon. Dario is going to become even more obsessed and who is going to come to her rescue? Du du du dummmm. Chad. Ha!

Since I've started watching more regularly now, I really can't get on board with Claire. Just not interested in her at all.

@Jason.......The square is the brainchild of Greg Meng, the exec producer, right hand of Corday, He is enamoured of it, though it is not being used as he originally planned, but regardless, it won't be used less with him still helming the show.

(Originally, the intention was to have our Salemites, at times, INSIDE the stores, with those sections easily turned around as is done in stage plays. Alas, the square has become some storefronts, with either tables or bushes in front of them, people wander, rarely use tables for dining, mostly as an office)

One more post about Gabi's clothes. To me, the wardrobe people just keep dressing her to look trashy. As my little Italian Mom and Nonna (Grandmother) would say "sembra una puttana". You can plug that into the Google translator if you want, but I think you can figure it out. The first 2 words are "She looks like a...". This was one of the worst things they felt they could say about a woman.

One thing that the writers did not mess up, was allowing Sonny to still be Arianna's daddy. For once, there was continuity and follow through. A lesser scenario would have been that Sonny's relationship with Arianna would have been ignored. I, for one, am very happy that Sonny is still her daddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
One day, while just throwing plots against the wall, I had thoughts about Gabi and Sonny having a much closer relationship. That would be upsetting to many, but would be a common real-life scenario.

Actually, since Sonny delivered Ari, in addition to being daddy along with Will, it would seem that he would be more involved with Gabi than just custody time with Ari. I was glad to see her visit Sonny personally, talk to him, try to make him see reason in re: his confession. Sonny & Gabi should be closer and definitely good friends.

Near that oh, so clean dumpster (Days doesn't really know what those are like, do they?)

When I worked for the health department, I saw some things (dumpsters included) that would gag a maggot! LOL Who knew a business had someone to keep a dumpster so clean? No way I'd climb inside one without a biohazard suit on, lol.

I guess I'm just old fashioned, but did anyone think about dusting the magazine for fingerprints??

Does it matter if the phone charger or magazine are dusted? Lani and JJ touched the evidence with their bare hands, lol. Maybe they can look for prints on the inside of the magazine?

Gabi told Sonny he had the best attorney in Salem. Is there another one?

:rotfl:

I just don't buy that there's a "tight ship" restaurant in the whole square. Stupid. I hope we see the Square less under the incoming writers.
Claire's boss should get a grip. There's scarcely such a such thing as a "tight ship" in Salem. Examples abound:
  • despite Raines's efforts, the Salem P.D. is still a laughingstock;
  • University Hospital has long been a center of quackery and malpractice;
  • Edge of the Square was a joke;
  • Club TBD is run by a thug and is little more than a front for computer crime;
  • Deimos spent more time on his obsessions than doing any work;
  • Sonny's only "contribution" to Titan has been firing 50 unfortunate people;
  • Mayor Abe is never seen doing anything (unless you count marrying Dario and Abigail);
  • Jenny and Adrienne never go near the Spectator's office.
When I worked for the health department, I saw some things (dumpsters included) that would gag a maggot! LOL Who knew a business had someone to keep a dumpster so clean?
Perhaps the answer is that the Salem Inn guests produce no trash. They are the trash.

I also agree with Poirot as well, you can tell the major difference of the show. The acting is better and the storyline is progressing. I haven't noticed much any filler, if any. Does anyone else find Dario becoming creepy towards Abigail?

Back