Days of Our Lives, Wed., July 16, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Brady is questioning Daniel at the hospital about his father. Daniel says, no, you did not kill him, but he is in very critical condition. Marlena, who has been informed by Abe about John arrives, wants to know how John is. Theresa keeps asking questions, scared that John will wake up and tell what really happened. Brady cannot believe he did this, wants to see John, is refused, no one can see him. Daniel is called away, Marlena insists on knowing what happened, and Brady admits he was drunk and did it. (Powerful scenes between these two). Marlena is appalled, figures he was drunk, he doesn't remember, is sorry. She is really having none of it. Daniel returns, John is being moved to a room, is slipping into a coma, as expected. He can have visitors, one at a time. Brady tells Marlena to go first.
He sits with Theresa, trying to figure out what happened. Why was John there. She says Brady asked her to call John over so they could tell him the good news. What news. She shows him her ring, says they were married. Brady is in shock, looks at his own finger, sees the wedding band. He ends up taking it off, putting it in his pocket, saying he has to see his dad, and then deal with "all this stuff".

Lucas comes into the Club, spies Abby, wants to talk. Ben just got a text from Jordan, who wants to see him NOW. He leaves, will be back later. Lucas says Jen is rather distracted, not making much sense, is upset. Abby sits him down, and tells him about her affair with EJ DiMera.
Kate spots Clyde in the Pub, decides to go see how the reunion is going. Clyde admits he has not seen the kids yet, she figures he is a bit nervous. Clyde does let her know he knows all about her, was a shame her getting fired from the company. Oh, Kate has bounced back, admitting she is now co-CEO of DiMera Enterprises. He wishes her luck, but has managed to not tell her what he does for a living.....this and that.
Later, Kate spots Lucas, calls him over, is about to tell her the latest bit of news, but she figures Sami has told him of EJ & Abby's affair. Nope, Abby told him.
Jordan meets up with Ben in the park, talking of Rafe returning soon, and she is telling him all. They talk of how Clyde would beat up Ben, and how they can never let him find them. Ben goes back to the Pub, where Abby tries to tell him what she has done. He says she owes him no explanations of her past, she insists, is stumbling around to find the right words, but he tells he already knows about her and EJ DiMera.
Jordan is still in the park, gets a text, is shocked when she reads "Hello, Tammy Sue". She drops the phone, then turns, and there stands the grinning Clyde. Jordan looks frightened.

Sami goes to the jail to visit EJ, and grinds it in a lot more. She chides him about Abby, the pictures, his claim to love her. He protests, he meant every word, he loves only her. But Sami snarls back, throwing insult after insult, lips curling in anger, and perhaps even hatred. She mentions the photos, has figured out that the only reason EJ ordered the hit on Nick was because Nick knew of the affair and was blackmailing EJ, who admits this is true. He is begging Sami to forgive him, but she will have none of it. She talks of how she silently cried herself to sleep, then plotted, planned, bided her time. She talks of how EJ made such a fool of her, how he lies and cheats as always, like everyone said, but she thought he had changed, and he had not. Same old EJ, the same man she tried to keep her child from, the same man she shot in the head. She walks out. EJ sits in his cell, dejected, when the guard comes to say he has a visitor. Someone comes in, he looks up. (we do not see who it is.

Back at the hospital Abe has questioned Theresa a couple of times. She does look scared, but keeps saying it all happened so fast. She keeps saying it was self-defense on the part of Brady, that John was attacking him. (Earlier, Marlena refuted that because John would never ever attack his son). Abe is called away a couple of times, but he returns. He tells Theresa that forensics says both Brady & John had been moved. Theresa quickly claims she did that, wanting to see if John was still alive, and Brady had fallen, she was trying to check on them both.
In John's room, Marlena sits at the side of the bed, telling John that she knows they were supposed to be "through", but she cannot lose him. Cannot lose him John has tubes galore, IV in his arm, BP on his finger. She slips her hand under his, holding it. Brady has opened the door, and watches.

Sami comes home, apparently exhausted, drops her briefcase, goes for a drink, which is already waiting. She calls a thank you out to Harold, just what she needed. But it is Kate's voice that says You are welcome. Sami turns, Kate is holding a drink herself, "welcome back, partner".

Abe again is questioning Theresa, asking her to tell him exactly what happened. She repeats the story of John attacking, (Theresa has a lot of flashbacks today, and I do mean a lot) and Brady hitting him with the poker. Abe asks if anyone else was there. No, no one, and yes, Brady had the poker in his hand. Abe repeats, is she sure? Yes, yes, of course.
Then why are there two sets of fingerprints on the poker? Uh, oh, you can practically see the color drain from Theresa's face.

Why does Brady say he did it when he doesn't even remember what has happened in the last 24 hrs. He has no memory of it and should say so and that it is Theresa who been telling him what happened. I forgot Theresa is his wife and there for trustworthy and wouldn't lie. :sarcasm: Some may consider Marlena being judgmental, but everything she said was true when confronting Brady.

Why does Brady say he did it when he doesn't even remember what has happened in the last 24 hrs.
Why does Brady do anything he does? It's a wonder that Titan hasn't collapsed in flames under his leadership. The terms "good judgment" or "common sense" and Brady just don't belong together in the same sentence. Another Salemite without any judgment is the rampaging Sami. She would have not been pleased with the Lucas-Abby conversation. Her vicious campaign against "Dirty Little Abby" just seems to make people dislike EJ even more (if that's possible), make herself look bad, and increase sympathy for the object of her attacks. And why does Sami keep going back to Roman's jail to tell EJ that she won't fall for any more of his b/s. Is she afraid that at some point, her will power will collapse and she'll rush back to her smoochy-moochy's loving arms? Speaking of collapses, that's what's going to happen to the price of DiMera Enterprises stock when the financial world reads in the Wall Street Journal that the company is now under the control of the likes of Ms. Blue Chunk and the Salem screecher. Sorry, shareholders, but your stock certificates may soon not be worth the paper that they're printed on.

again I must shake my head in wonderment over the open visiting hours at the Jail......This show sounds great and I look forward to viewing when I get home..... hummm who now is visiting EJ???? Will to talk about the job offer??? Clyde to renew an old friendship/business arrangement???? Victor just because I like Victor and his one liners...... Harold bringing poor poor :sarcasm: Ej something decent to eat???? Guess I'll just have to wait.....

I knew Daniel would not believe a word of Theresa's nonsense. YAY! :clap: Now he and Abe need to take that girl DOWN for once and for all. I wonder if Daniel's going to ask Eve's opinion about Theresa's involvement in this, and what Eve might say if asked. I hope Brady isn't arrested. Although some time in jail might do him some good, it would be nice if he didn't serve time for something Theresa did while she gets off scot-free AGAIN.

Marlena should be seeing through Theresa too. What happened to that so-called ability to read people that made her so suspicious of Nicole for no apparent reason?:rolleyes: The scenes with Marlena and Brady were very well done, but I thought it was funny that Marlena emphasized that Brady should not be hitting John over the head by shoving him. I also am glad to see Marlena have something real to do. I just hope John recovers more quickly than Rafe did.

I thought it was interesting how similar Sami's reaction to EJ is to Eric's reaction to Nicole. Eric isn't looking for revenge but he's just as nasty and snarly whenever he talks to Nicole. Also, EJ should put Sami on the banned visitors list--why does he need to be treated to her gloating, goading and accusing? I'm no fan of EJ's but I think Sami is way over the top and I have trouble believing that she is more upset about his affair with Abby than with his taking Kristen's side against Eric (I won't even go into all the other things he's done.)

Most alcoholic ne'r do wells who actually don't remember the night before, NEVER fess up even with photos!! Poor Brady must actually think he is capable of this, what with his hatred of his father. Maybe now he will at least get some intervention, even if it is from the Salem PD. Heaven knows he needs a dry spell.

If Theresa was half the con she thinks she is, she'd say she tried to grab the poker from Brady. Have I said already how stupid I think this whole story is and that it would have been so much better if their plane to/from Vegas would have crashed?

I wish Stefano would be the one to visit EJ, since Sami was stupid enough to show her hand so soon.

You go Sami, it was nice to see the feisty and confident Sami today with junior, and bringing up some of their past deeds they did to each other, junior didn't like that, for a man that only loved Sami all his life, for 8 years, he sure does protect Abby, what's up with that? I agree at some point Sami is going to lose her nerve and take the whining little boy back.

Brady/Theresa SL's is stupid, but the first time in a long time I enjoyed Marlena with Brady and John. I think they should move John to Genoa City (on The Young and The Restless); someone there had a liver transplant a week ago and is out of the hospital and visiting back at work, the recover time is amazing there!

Over all it was a good show!

I would think that forensics is also going to show that John was hit by someone shorter than Brady. It seems Abe doesn't believe her and I was hoping Brady was getting a brain when he said "you're lying" but then just said maybe he DID want to hurt his father and she's just protecting him. I hope they don't drag this out and the Salem PD gets a brain and figures it out. I was waiting for Brady to quote Rachel from Friends and say "this isn't a marriage! This is the world's worst hangover!" :rotfl:

edited to enlarge font...JS

Nice to see Lucas so concerned about Allie finding out about Abby. And Kate being protective of the kids.

Love Sami ripping into EJ. I think she has finally opened her eyes. He is so pathetic claiming only to love Sami while trying to protect Abby from blame. That says it all: EJ doesn't know the meaning of love.

I'm sorry, but I just can't sympathize with Sami at all because it is truly ridiculous and laughable that after all the things EJ did to her in the course of 8 years of knowing him, that him cheating on her is the thing for her to finally see the light about EJ.

She should have had that epiphany when he did what he did to Sydney. That was her moment to remove him out of her life for good and never look back ever again. I don't care that he is the father, once he made the choice to do what he did, Sami should have him arrested gone to court and made sure he was never welcomed into her and her children's lives ever again. Their sick, twisted toxic relationship should have been over before it ever began.

When Theresa dragged John over to where Brady was, I was really wondering how the blood in the first spot would be explained away. He was hit on the back of the head, was bleeding. She drags him from where he was to a new place, and I think he even had been on a rug. ???
So, I was very surprised and pleased to hear forensics was FINALLY coming up with evidence on a case, evidence that seems to cast a shadow on the "story" given. Yayyyyy.

Now hopefully, forensics will also note that the wound was inflicted by someone with their right hand, and definitely a lot shorter than Brady, from the angle of the wound.

I would think that forensics is also going to show that John was hit by someone shorter than Brady.
Now hopefully, forensics will also note that the wound was inflicted by someone with their right hand, and definitely a lot shorter than Brady, from the angle of the wound.
Let's not put too much faith in the Salem P.D.'s forensics unit. They are as smart or dumb as "da plot" demands. Recall the Ford Decker accidental homicide. There was no way that the writers were going to let Chelsea, her sorority sisters, or Max face serious charges so the forensics expert was such a dolt that he was unable to detect that a weeks-old body had been removed only minutes before he entered the sorority house basement. If the writers want to send the brat girl to jail, the forensics people will do their jobs. However, if they want to inflict this moral monster on the viewers in the weeks and months to come, they will probably miss the obvious and have Days viewers shaking their heads in disbelief yet again.

I'm glad the Salem forensics unit is getting smarter. Abe said John was moved. He was dragged
along the rug. Shouldn't they notice that? Hopefully, we won't have to wait months
for the Salem PD to realize it was Theresa and not Brady that hit John.

Daniel is already suspicious of Theresa and Theresa has told so many lies she's confusing herself.

I'm glad Brady took the ring off and put in his pocket.

Interesting conversation with Lucas and Abby. She said it was 50/50 about who's fault
it was. Lucas couldn't see it that way at all. No one is. It takes two to tango.

We learned something about Jordan and Ben. We've been waiting months
to know the secret. We found out Ben was beaten and their mother is dead.

It's going to be interesting at the mansion since Kate moved in.

I enjoyed the scene with John and Marlena :love:

Oh my goodness.....hallelujah! Sami FINALLY has seen the light (I hope). When she told EJ that he was still that same man she took Sydney from and deserved to be shot in the head I about fell over. We are now getting inside Sami's head a little more with this whole situation. I'm still very cautious about the endgame here but I'm more and more optimistic about the future of EJ/Sami being over. *praying*

Well I wish I could have faith in the Salem PD, but I don't. I just hope this story with Brady/Theresa doesn't go on for months. But I wonder if Theresa's antics will just get swept under the rug like her culpability in the Liam fiasco. This is obviously way worse and she needs to pay. They need to drag out the Kiriakis crypt set again and have Brady go all sarc on her. :eek:

I thought Kate's hair was lovely today. She seems to have gone a bit lighter. Still hate the blue streak though.

Same old EJ, the same man she tried to keep her child from, the same man she shot in the head. She walks out.

I was really hoping she would go deeper but this was a start. Kept me watching today, saved my Fast Forward Finger. :)

I'm hoping this Jeannie Theresa nonsense wraps up quickly; but I still see her as redeemable, she is wracked with guilt, but also working out of self-preservation (To quote Stephanie from Full House, "If only she could use her powers for good....") however every second that ticks by gives her another lie and less hope of redemption.

I really love how Abby is owning her actions, and is not running from them, or making excuses. THIS is how to write!!! Bad choices, GOOD writing!!! :clap:

YAY!! Lucas was on and he's an awesome uncle!! :love: Also loved his snark with Kate.

I'm so bored by Jordan/Ben/Clyde that this doesn't even wake me up. :)

BUT LINE OF THE DAY goes to Dr Marlena Evans: "I know...I told you we're through. But I can't lose you."
whew.gif

REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY sick of Daniel. (And that's REALLY not enough REALLYs.) :wink:

Back