Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 20, 2016

I just now watched my 14 minutes that I had recorded of this and thought it very strange that I found Aiden more interesting to watch than I ever had before. I'm probably the only person in the world who didn't like him as a love interest for Hope. I don't know why. I think he always seemed dishonest and not to be trusted. I just didn't like them together. When he was taunting Rafe in the dream today, he seemed more suited to that role. He was not pleasant but he held my attention.

Oh hey, guys! I ended up going unexpectedly "off the grid" as it were yesterday when I got invited to accompany my best friend on an over-night out-of-towner so I wasn't able to watch the show live. I didn't miss anything did I? Like the sudden appearance of a certain gorgeous brunette did I? LOL

Actually I was perusing Poirot's excellent summary yesterday and had literally just read the line that Gabi popped up in Rafe's dream when my friend pulled up and honked his horn. I didn't have so much as a nanosecond to process what I just read. How's that for timing?

So I watched the episode on line and I have some thoughts that can best described as mixed at best.

First off I have said more then once that I am a Rafe fan and I am not opposed to a Rafe and Hope pairing in theory. However I have been less then enamored of how they have gone about bringing them together thus far. And unfortunately if this episode was meant to change that feeling- and it undoubtedly was- it didn't quite get there.

One of the main tenets of serialized storytelling is "Don't tell, SHOW!" And I feel like the episode did nothing but tell us how Hope and Rafe have this great love. The way all the characters in Rafe's dream were going on you would have thought we were supposed to regard them we do the great loves of fiction; I'm talking Romeo and Juliet, Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara and of course, Marge and Homer Simpson.

But I haven't seen anything that verifies that. Basically we simply just have the "word" of a bunch of people who only appearing before Rafe in a dream. I don't know about anybody else but I going to need a lot more then that before I'm going to be willing to throw rice-or birdseed if you want to be environmentally friendly-at their wedding.

Now for the parts I did like:

Having looked at other sites I have to say that I think both Rafe as a character and Galen Gering (Rafe) as the actor who plays are unfairly maligned nonstop. I don't think that's the case here but on other sites. Well I think he absolutely knocked the ball out of the park in this episode. And if anyone takes issue with that we can meet at the tetherball post after school and "discuss" it there. :)

I don't think we'll have much of an opportunity to see the mixture characters such as Adriana and Eduardo share scenes with Andre and Aiden very often in the "real world" of Salem. I don't love ALL these characters but still the mix different then what we usually get.

And I think I've beaten around the bush long enough of course all my other positive feelings about this episode can be summed up in one word even it was only in a dream and that word of course is: Gabi. *Le sigh* :)

I am not opposed to a Rafe and Hope pairing in theory. However I have been less then enamored of how they have gone about bringing them together thus far
"Don't tell, SHOW!" And I feel like the episode did nothing but tell us how Hope and Rafe have this great love.
Exactly my thoughts. Well said, Troy.

Back