Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 22, 2015

Question......why is Paige creeping through the bushes in the first place? Did she want to spy on Kyle? How would she know he was at that exact spot.
WHY did the guys not hear her. Sorry, but branches and leaves make noise when you creep through them.

Thanks for the summary. A pretty good show today. I loved that we saw Julie & Doug, and that they're echoing the fans a la John & Marlena's relationship. Really lovely scenes. The same goes for Paul visiting Brady, Tate, and John, and Kayla chatting with Hope about the bicentennial. THIS is Days of Our Lives.

It's nice to see Nicole happy, but I just wish she wasn't setting herself up for failure. But who knows? Maybe, just maybe Daniel will be able to put it in the past and be with her anyways, although I doubt Eric would give up so easily, even if Daniel is his friend.

I really hope JJ will tell his mother the truth soon enough. Poor Jennifer (I can't believe I said that) is probably on the verge of a heart attack after what Paige told her, and if she isn't, she certainly will be upon learning that Abigail is pregnant and that the father might be Chad DiMera. On another note, it was nice to see Jennifer (momentarily) at work, and Maxine doing something besides hating on Nicole or "fangirl-ing" about Jennifer & Daniel.

I will say that I'm so sick of Paige's conniving. She and Serena are just as interesting to watch as, as JS puts it, a glass of milk with plain white bread. What a snoozer all that was. Additionally, Eric should be on the CBS show Stalker, for he's just as obsessive about Nicole as many of the people on that show are about their ex-lovers, particularly only for a near-death kiss. I did enjoy Brady's scenes today.

I felt today's episode had a very good message for young people which was: Kids, if you're going to go undercover with the DEA and local police department to take down the local drug lord be sure to get your mom's permission first. :rotfl:

In fairness, I could understand JJ's reasoning for wanting Jennifer to know what was going on. But considering how Jenn's been...shall we say over-involved... in some aspects of her son's life lately it just struck me as funny.

I liked the scenes of Paul bonding with his new family they were very nice.

I may be crazy here but bear with me could it be possible that Eric just might have some anger management issues? :confused:

I think they should write Eric to end up going to therapy and take some chill pills. Eric is WAY too unstable for any relationship. He is borderline stalking Nicole (guess Eric has something in common with Paige now). For a former priest with angry baby-like outbursts he sure is making Theresa seem half decent.

As for JJ......really a 19 year old man getting his mother's blessing to do work with the police, really? And they used to ship 16 year olds to war without parental permission. Seems almost like something Lucas would do for Kate in his Mama's boy days.

O.K. let's pull back here just a bit. JJ is not seeking his mother's permission or blessing. He wants her to know what he is doing because he doesn't want her thinking he is dealing or using again. He caused her a lot of misery, and doesn't want her thinking for a second that he has backtracked.
And I am glad that he thus shows his mom means more to him than the irritating Paige

Good episode. Thanks for the summary again, Jason.
We saw Doug and Julie with John and Marlena. Julie got them to kiss :love:
When John left, Marlena only wanted a kiss on the cheek. I wonder why.

I hope JJ tells his mom about his new job before she sees him with Kyle.

Nice to see Paul with Tater Tot and Brady. Later, John came by.

Will Nicole tell Daniel the truth before Serena tells Daniel something
went on in the crawl space? What will Daniel do when he finds out?

Lots of kisses on today's show. Does this mean romance is back in Salem?

Based on prior history, I don't think Jennifer really needs to know what JJ is up to. His motivation is pointless, and she's done him no past favors in regards to her advice and his love life or very much of anything else. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wouldn't mind if he confided in Dr. Dan this time.

Brady is so much more tolerable without Theresa.

I actually covered my eyes during Nicole's scenes because I just couldn't watch her do this to herself LOL. And I think she's probably more excited about being engaged more than she is about who she's engaged to.

Yep, I'm still enjoying Brady, Paul and John.

Yeah...the Daniel/Nicole thing seems out of place. 4-5 years ago with EJ, this behaviour would have made sense. Now it just seems forced, in my opinion. (The "Honey I'm home" thing, the shrieking when she got home, etc.)

There was a lot of talk on twitter about Aiden being "bad" again, foreshadowed by Kayla's out-of-nowhere apology for her behaviour months ago. I hope they don't go that route.

This episode definitely caused whiplash. LOL. Lots of short scenes with really poor transitions.

Case in point, why did Brady go from the KMansion to Eric's to the hospital while his INFANT SON was alone with his inexperienced "brother"? No explanation provided either. Why was Maggie on for 30 seconds?

I definitely think the John/Marlena and Doug/Julie scenes were added in. No way the old writers wrote that. That scene reminded me of the scene on The Simpsons where the tall guy has the small car because that's all he can afford. That foursome looked tight in that small booth! I also think the Kayla scenes were added in. Her hair looked longer, kind of the way it is right now if you follow her on Twitter. Let's see if it's shorter again next time we see her. I love her Banana Republic tote too.

I had the same thought about JJ going the cop route eventually. But I don't understand why they can't use a young looking cop. They could have brought back Dario as an undercover cop and had him do it. It is interesting that Clyde is now enemies of sorts with both Abby and JJ. Curious to see where this goes.

Jennifer looked adorable in that red dress. Loved it.

Episodes are much better when Paige and Eve ar not both on. That said I'm sick of Paige and Serena. Though I wonder if Brady will end up having hate sex with her LOL.

I thought Greg Vaughan(Eric) did a great job today expressing Eric's anger issues. I'm glad someone finally suggested he talk to someone. Though I suppose Marlena did too. I can't wait for Nicole to start reciprocating the angst. I think she is in denial still.

Edited to add: I fast forwarded the proposal scenes and still had to look away from the tv when they were onscreen.

Based on prior history, I don't think Jennifer really needs to know what JJ is up to. His motivation is pointless, and she's done him no past favors in regards to her advice and his love life or very much of anything else. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wouldn't mind if he confided in Dr. Dan this time.

We'll definitely see a face-off between Roman and Jennifer. Knowing Jen, she'll march right up to the police station about how dare Roman ask JJ to put himself in danger. Guess I may just fast forward through Jen's tirades over her children.

Yes the proposal scenes I fast forwarded as well......it seemed like that was the entire episode really to be honest, that part was a snooze fest and overdone.

Though now I do get about a pick up scene. After seeing that part with Clyde.....it made NO sense since throughout the entire episode Clyde was not on till like the last minute or two of the show. They normally only do that when a former character actually returns and bam credits rolling down.

I thought Clyde was on in the beginning too when he was talking to Kyle on the phone even though they were in the same place.

As much as I loved the chat with Doug and Julie, I would have preferred to have SEEN Marlena taking an active role in Tate's instead of hearing John talk about it. I wonder if Brady and Maggie know.

Clyde did appear twice. In the opening scenes and in the closing scenes. He spoke with Kyle by phone before Kyle met JJ. Then later, he was creeping and perving and talking to himself outside Club TBD.

When I was tweeting along with the show, I didn't recall his first scene and was shocked by his sudden inclusion in the episode. Then I remembered him throwing away the phone. That leads me to believe maybe some of his scenes were cut.

I like that they are giving Roman something more substantial to do. I would have liked it if he went over to Eric's during or after Brady's visit as well. We almost always see Marlena meddling it would be nice to see Eric talk to his dad. I would also settle for John doing this as well since it would lead to more dialogue with Marlena. But I'd prefer it be Roman first.

When I was tweeting along with the show, I didn't recall his [Clyde's] first scene and was shocked by his sudden inclusion in the episode. Then I remembered him throwing away the phone. That leads me to believe maybe some of his scenes were cut.
The scene with Clyde removing what appeared to be the SIM card from his phone and then tossing the phone seemed weirdly random.

Can we please keep Daniel and Nicole together now? Just let her have some happiness. Let Eric be the guy that they torture for awhile - he's lost his calling as a priest, he seems to have lost his love for photography, he's lost his trust in Serena (who could have been good, had she not been wasted on this terrible storyline), he's giving away things now that remind him of when he was happy.... just let him be the tortured soul who loses everything. Brady and Nicole already had their turns, in spades.

I just watched the last couple of episodes and have to say Daniel certainly looks better cleaned up, but it still doesn't make me a fan. I don't even understand this sudden undying love he has for Nicole. I've never been aware of him falling in love with her at all.

Does anybody think Jennifer won't tell anybody about JJ's undercover job? Especially after JJ said emphatically, "She won't tell anybody."

Finally, a John and Marlena kiss I could bear. I like the two of them together but have never been able to watch their kisses before.

I have a bad feeling about the message Hope left on Abby's phone, where she mentioned the fact that Abigail was expecting. Why would she do that?? She could have expressed her concern without laying it out. There had to be a reason and I don't think it will be a good thing for Abby.

The scenes with Chad and little Arianna were sweet. I am enjoying the actor and the character of Chad at this time.

Now I'm off to read the summary for Thursday. If I'm not asleep by the time I finish reading, I will watch and will then be caught up! By the way, thanks to all of you who write the summaries. Sometimes it's all I get to these days. Whether I watch or not, I almost never skip reading the summary.

Back