Days of Our Lives, Wed., July 23, 2014

Sami's hair just looked really messy towards the middle or end of the episode. I liked it until then, but that mess was from her crying.

Yup, the pink top clashed big time with the floral outfit. If the pink was by itself, would not be too bad. But the pink would look better on EJ than Kate :rotfl:

Yup, Sami and EJ "love" each other as much as they can love anyone. I wish TPTB made it clear what she wants. They have her proclaiming her "love" for EJ one minute, then the next admitting their relationship is based on sex and showing her really want Rafe...I don't get how we are supposed to care either way when this idiocy is dragged out for so long.

both Aiden and Chase have noted that the wife/mother is dead. Sounded to me as though there was trouble there, and wifey perhaps wasn't the woman Aiden thought she was when he married her.
Also was wondering why Caroline never mentioned that Shawn did not learn of the betrayal by Caroline until 40 years later, LOL. Or was she trying to tell Sami that she had to make up for the mistake she had made, "just one"?? Cuz that is when Sami ranted about the several times, and how 2 ft away from her, naked Abby was in the shower, etc. etc.

I truly was hoping Sami was not going to be the fool but it really looks like she just may have lost her backbone again!

@daysdg......I thought the pink sweater actually matched the pink floral, and toned the whole thing down. Maybe our TVs are not showing the colors exactly the same way.

I've been watching bits and pieces of some episodes since the EJ/Sami wedding and just noticed today how nice the club setting looks. I hadn't seen it before. It looks to me like the local Dollar Tree exploded and all their silk flowers and plastic food landed in the DiMera living room. All that pastel doesn't suit that formal, austere room.

I loved the part today when EJ phoned Mary (forget why) and she didn't know who he was. He firmly stated that he was her employer! I think she replied that Sami and Kate were her employers. He was really ticked off. LOL.

Caroline essentially telling Sami to go back to the lowlife for the sake of the family and Allie suddenly rhapsodizing about how the Sami-EJ "marriage" makes them a "real" family is more than distasteful for those viewers who rightly detest Sami's relationship with the rapist/kidnapper, but it's not all that surprising. TPTB have been pandering to fans of the "golden couple" for some time now and it would not be surprising that if are setting things up for an eventual tearful reconciliation. As for Kate, she'd have had a heartburn attack if she could have heard Sami blubbering about how she still loves EJ. Her heartburn could get worse if she discovers that Rafe no longer cares about the DiMeras (he didn't seem too interested in EJ's legal troubles today) and then learns about the true history of creepy Clyde and his step-children. Finally some words of advice for Jenny the Hag: 1: Shut up and let Aiden handle the Eve situation -- it's a legal problem, so let an attorney handle it; 2) Don't bother insulting EJ -- he's been sliced and diced by true professionals, so anything coming out of your prissy mouth is just so much background noise.

I don't know that Mary didn't know who EJ was. I think she was told by Sami and Kate not to answer to anyone but them. :confused:

I was really disheartened today to the point where I almost turned off the tv. If this continues, I may not continue to watch regularly and I've been watching this show since 1989.

I know that Caroline and Victor supposedly loved one another but I was also under the impression that Bo was conceived of a one night stand? Is that correct? Not apples to apples at all. Shame on the TIIC! I love Caroline with her grandchildren but those scenes were despicable. I get that Sami needs to let go of the revenge but that was not Caroline's purpose. We had the comment from Marlena yesterday and now today's episode. I do not like the foreshadowing going on here. :sick:

Poirot, I watched the entire show today but cannot for the life of me recall the scene where Jen yelled at EJ. Last thing I remember was her saying hi to Johnny and then she was with Aiden. I know you watch the same channel as me and unfortunately I already deleted the show off the DVR. I did see the scene with Abby and Ben at the end though. At least someone is honest. I think Abby will be fine with Ben's past--it sounds like he may have been the victim in all of it.

Kate should have had immediate red flags as soon as Clyde started talking about Rafe. I'm over Kate and and her blue chunk and am ready for her to leave Salem permanently. Another character is annoying and overexposed. I've said this already but I really hope Clyde is short term. And Eve too for that matter.

I didn't understand why EJ was wearing a suit to play with his son? We know he has casual wear.

Kayla looked all kinds of fabulous but then she always does. I liked the necklace too. I'm glad she didn't appear to have feelings for Aiden. But I'm upset that the show is pushing the fact that Bo and Hope are still bound together. This needs to be resolved soon. Today was certainly a start though.

I enjoyed JJ and Aiden too. Honestly, I enjoy JJ with anyone other than Paige or the other teens. He seems to have chemistry with everyone.

KathyLu I laughed when Sami started crying because she looked like a raccoon.
Then I noticed the mansion and all the new things. I thought Kate had better taste.

I enjoyed seeing Johnny and Allie today. It doesn't make sense to me
why Allie thinks they are family. She wasn't in the picture in the living
room. She was probably with Lucas, but they could have done one
with her in it too.

I like how she and EJ are making cranes since she saw Nick die.
EJ doesn't care at all to let his feminine side show. We all know
how much he loves his pink shirts LOL

Great seeing Kayla. She mentioned she was at the gala.
She must have been in the "unseen" ballroom.

I'm glad Ben didn't wait months to tell Abby the truth who he is
and Jordan is his sister.

Sounds like the DVR "non playing Days" disease is growing. Has
anyone read what's going on or asked your provider :)

Well - sounds like a mixed bag. My DVR didn't tape today (I wonder if the preemption last week is screwing things up?? I had the whole week set and just had to re-enter tomorrow & Friday...). Sounds like I'm GLAD I missed the Caroline/Sami scenes, ANGRY I missed the Kayla scenes, and POSITIVELY ecstatic that I missed the Allie scenes! (Though I adore the character & actress, OY...more later.)

And while it was nice seeing Allie (especially with her mother), the EJ propping was almost as bad as when Will did it...the best day of Allie's life was when EJ married Sami, not when Lucas came back over two years ago and her parents reunited??? Not when Rafe married Sami, even? What is this contrived CRAP!? And don't even get me started on the paper cranes, and the ending...ugh!
So, the DAY Nick was murdered, Allie was making paper cranes with EJ? When? When he was conspicuously making appearances with Sami? When he was ordering the hit? Or later, when she was so traumatised she couldn't sleep? UGH - this is a really awful rewrite on top of the generally disgusting Out-of-character points already mentioned. And if anything, shouldn't this have strengthened Sami's hatred of her rapist? Who she realised was so quick to agree to murdering Nick not because he's a scuzzy DiMera, but because it would cover up her smoochy-woochy's affair with Abigail?

I wonder where the Kate/Rafe thing is going.

Abby is annoying me with her involvement in the Eve storyline. Go to work, please. Glad Ben fessed up.

I hope to learn more about Aiden in scenes not with Hope. They can get together eventually, but let's see him more as a lawyer and dad and less as a fundraiser. :)

What happened to Sami's EJ restraining order?

KathyLu I laughed when Sami started crying because she looked like a raccoon.... I enjoyed seeing Johnny and Allie today. It doesn't make sense to me why Allie thinks they are family.... I'm glad Ben didn't wait months to tell Abby the truth who he is and Jordan is his sister.
Katmouse, please don't offend the Horton Cabin raccoons by suggesting that Sami bears any resemblance to them. Speaking of the raccoons, if they knew about all the fireworks that were going off in Salem, they'd immediately move to protect their bucolic island home by sinking the Smith Island ferry and laying barbed wire along the shoreline. As for Allie, the poor girl is probably guilty of wishful thinking. After all, Sami never takes care of her children and she's largely ignored by EJ, meaning her thoughts of being a "real family" is just a hopeful fantasy. Finally, Clyde had better watch out. If Ben tells Abigail the truth, it may not be long before Poplar Bluff's creepiest stepfather gets an earful from prissy, self-righteous Jen Jen.

Jason thanks for the explanation of the DVR. I didn't realize you
had to set it each week. That would be annoying for me. I like my
VCR and how I can set for daily once. :)

I thought Kate told EJ about the restraining order. Not sure if
Sami wanted one or not. Kate seems to doing a lot things on her own.

I forgot to mention the product placement ad. Aiden mentioned "Real
Housewives" They are shown on Bravo. Sister station of NBC.

I want original recipe Sami to stay, and completely destroy EJ. If Sami forgives EJ, I am going to be so disappointed.

Jennifer usually annoys me, but I did like her telling EJ she wanted a ringside seat to watch what Sami was going to do to him.

I want Kate back at the mansion with Sami.

Thanks for the summary.

I was not disappointed in the Caroline & Sami scenes & looked forward to it since the spoiler. To me Caroline did as she & Shawn used to do with their talks to Sami. Advice was offered without judgement for Sami to make her own decision.

I also didn't see Allie as propping EJ over her own father. She calls Lucas Dad & calls EJ by his name. I thought that was no different than Will telling Rafe that they were a family when Rafe & Sami & company were all together. It isn't to discount their birth father against EJ or Rafe.

Hope & Aiden I can't get onboard with yet.

The whole Jordan, Ben, Clyde secret is kind of not so secretive when they are all together in a coffeehouse/club visited by most Salemites if the aren't at the Pub or Town Square.

crazy.gif

My thoughts on yesterdays show... in a word............

Jason thanks for the explanation of the DVR. I didn't realize you
had to set it each week.
To clarify - you can set up a series recording and it will tape all the time. (You can even set it for "all episodes," "just new," etc.)

But sometimes, I get swamped and can't watch, and my DVR gets full (I keep some stuff until I get it on DVD) really fast if two or three episodes of Days get on there.
Also, now my cable company sets everything in HD and my DVR box is OOOOOLLD so that eats up space unless I go in every day and change it.:back:

Back