Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 27, 2016

I don't understand why it would have to be one or the other. More interaction between characters usually not in each other's realms, would in my opinion, result in more alliances and more resources when situations evolve. From my perspective Days has spent far too many years with characters being isolated. I'm glad to see any evidence of the show changing that.

I'm not disagreeing but these writers are very short-sighted and if they are going to break Steve's bubble, I'd rather they prioritize him being in scenes with Jen, JJ and Chad over becoming a bartender at TBD. That also in my opinion will keep Eduardo in his existing bubble because Salemites will likely interact with Steve instead.

We see things differently. Over the past week or two I've seen real efforts to burst the bubble writing that has plagued the show for so long and I applaud those efforts. I was pleasantly surprised at the interaction between Rafe, Jennifer and Kayla. I was also encouraged to see Rafe and Shawn confronting Ayden together. Although they work in the same place, I don't recall them truly sharing scenes until now. In my opinion, setting up scenes with Steve and Eduardo is the beginning of breaking the Hernandez bubble.

Apart from interactions with John, dealing with Eve, and the early flirtation with Kate, this is the first time he's been allowed a potential friendship/alliance outside of the family. Given his background Eduardo in my opinion belongs in the same club with John, Steve, and Roman. I see this as a step in that direction and I applaud the effort.

And thats kind of the issue isn't it? I don't understand why Steve is still being the hero. He's like 65, isn't he. Same age as my dad. Ummm, my dad is retired and has a good time all day.

There seems to be an issue where the old heroes aren't being allowed to let go and give room for new heroes. I love Steve, and don't get me wrong, every time he calls Kayla 'Sweetness' it still gives me the shivers, amazing!!! But shouldn't there be men in the 25-45 range that are allowed to be heroes now?

All those guys are depicted as dummies and there's only like 4 of them that are in that range anyway. I watch soaps because I want to be entertained. I watch because I was brought up on them. The women were impossibly beautiful, the men were dangerous its awesome. For one hour a day it doesn't have to be real it just has to be entertaining.

I miss being swept up in it.

Shouldn't Brady be the hero now? Or Shawn? The only one under 50 is Rafe and I was done with that after the 50th shows.

Sorry for the tangent.

I still love the Steve character, but honestly its time to settle down and be a father already. Enough with the hero stuff. Shawn is just standing there waiting to be put to work, and take his shirt off once in a while!!!

I'm done now I promise.

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be an issue where the old heroes aren't being allowed to let go and give room for new heroes. I love Steve, and don't get me wrong, every time he calls Kayla 'Sweetness' it still gives me the shivers, amazing!!! But shouldn't there be men in the 25-45 range that are allowed to be heroes now?

This is precisely the main issue with the show right now. There is NO balance. I don't mind having older heroes like Steve and John around but it needs to be balanced with younger heroes like Shawn and maybe JJ. I was really disappointed that Shawn didn't end up rescuing Rafe and Hope. I thought Rafe suddenly ending up at the DiMansion was random and very lazy writing. They could have had Shawn rescue them in the same number of scenes and still continue with Jennifer at the hospital.

If we are going to keep getting this lack of balance, then the head writers shouldn't have full creative control. We saw it with Griffith and his focus on Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla and now we are seeing with Higley and her focus on Rafe/Hope. Everything else becomes back burner. That's not how you write an enjoyable, ensemble show.

Higley has not yet appeared in the credits....but figure that some story is being "bent, twisted," in order to go whatever direction she & Quan are planning. We should be seeing the names Higley & Quan as headwriters very soon.

And yes, I also feel Shawn should have found his mother & Rafe, he could have been in the tunnels, yelling, Rafe hears him, yells back. Shawn could have either carried his mother, or gotten Chad, they bring Hope into the DiMera study, Jen arrives, etc. etc.

I do like that John, Steve are using brains more than brawn to solve the problems.

I liked the episode. Not the most exciting, but a nice change of pace. I don't like Steve quitting Black Patch---they really could've capitalized on it more, and now is not the time, as Kayla said a la Tate. Kayla's tumor/Fynn thing is a bit odd. I don't care about that storyline either way. I did like seeing Eduardo and Steve interacting--random, but they do need to focus on and build up friendships on the soap. I wish they'd do the same for Rafe & Nicole instead of her random friendship with the much-younger Dario.

I'd totally forgotten about Joey & Jade! Been so long since they were on! I didn't mind their scenes, but I really wish Jade would just clean up her act and she and Joey could start acting like a normal couple. I also didn't mind Blanca and Mami having their own private convo as they did. It's a good way to integrate them into the canvas, I think.

Back