Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 29, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At Daniel/Nicole's, replay of Nicole entering as Daniel stares at his pad. She hugs him from behind, talking about how wonderful things are. He looks at her sternly, she asks what's wrong. He tells her he had a visitor, but it's nothing. She notices the engagement dates, says it feels so real. He wants her to know how much he loves her, chokes up as he says it. She loves him even more, asks him what is going on. He says she's the only one who can answer that. She doesn't understand; he declares his love for her, he wants her forever. He just wants to make sure nothing's left unsaid between them. She finally tells him there's something he doesn't know, the night Xander tried to kill her & Eric, she & Eric "almost made love." Recaps the numerous murder attempts, the near suffocation and how she truly believed she was going to die. (Really excellent scenes here.) He understands, wants to know if she was ever going to tell him. She wanted to tell him a few times, but couldn't bring herself to hurt him by telling him about something they DIDN'T do, which didn't matter anymore. She realised she was just rationalising, and couldn't live with that lie. How could she convince him to forgive her, when she couldn't forgive herself? Then he proposed, and he convinced her that she's worthy of his love. Eric won't be a problem between them anymore, Eric has prayed and understands now. Nicole's love has never wavered, tried to preserve their love by lying.

At the Kmansion, replay of Megan spitting her gum out on the walkway as Jeannie Theresa enters the mansion, and Brady introducing the perfect nanny. Jeannie T says, "No!" Jeannie T says she has the perfect candidate (who is ringing the doorbell), and is alarmed that Brady hasn't interviewed the Perfect Nanny (Emma) yet. He's got to go to the Office, can't do two interviews, this lady's résumé is perfect, etc. They do a group interview as Brady apologises for the miscommunication. Megan (Crabtree) doesn't want to come back for an interview, but Emma is willing. Jeannie T brings the baby out, Emma gushes and coos, Tate fusses as they joke about stranger anxiety. Jeannie gets Megan to hold the baby, she does, then hands him back to Emma. She tells Jeannie T, "You're never going to get Daddy Warbucks in there to hire me over Julie Andrews." LOL. She finally tells Jeannie T off, says Emma is more qualified, says she's not qualified to convince Brady that Jeannie's the perfect mom. Megan leaves. Back inside, Emma is ready to begin, Brady ushers her & Tate out, will have Henderson show her around. Brady tells Jeannie T she can continue to search for her own place.

At Aiden's office, replay of Aiden asking over the phone about Clyde Weston. The bump is Rafe, who apologises for startling him. He's dropping off a Little League All-Star game lineup. Outside, Hope listens as Aiden hopes he can trust Rafe about what he overheard. Hope enters, reminds Aiden it's quitting time, wonders what he's doing at the office so late. Legwork for a case, he explains. She worries about taking him away from work, he says she's important to him.

In the park, Martin thanks Clyde for his donations. Clyde thinks Martin deserves a raise, but before he can "sign off" on that, he needs a favour concerning a paternity test in which he has a vested interest. Martin tries to leave, but the Bearded Thug blocks the path. Clyde had hoped this would be easy, but now Clyde insists to Martin that he call his wife, Patti, who's at home with his baby, Catlyn, to tell her he's running late. He does, and learns there's a city inspector at the house. He tells her not to worry, everything will be okay. He hangs up, and Clyde continues to threaten him. Clyde outlines his plan, learns that the paternity test is already in progress, and that the potential father's bloodwork was in the database already. Clyde sends him home, will call him later, don't call the cops or there will be consequences.

In another part of the park, replay of Chad answering a call from Zoe. They had plans but he had to cancel because something came up. Enter Ben, wondering what's so important. He tells he's on his way home to Abby, but that's not Chad's business. (These scenes make no sense.)

At Sonny/Will's, replay of Will grabbing Abby to tell her that Chad's in love with her. She asks if he actually said that, Will confirms this. Abby is overwhelmed, talks about the horrible things Chad said; Will explains that was to push him away. Will doesn't have the answers, to get them, she needs to talk to Chad. Chad's lies about lying make her head spin, and she doesn't want to deal with this now. He suggests she know how Chad feels now, before she knows her baby's paternity, and before things get "too serious" with Ben. Implores her to hear Chad out, offers to let him use his apartment to meet with Chad. She agrees; he calls Chad and says Abby's waiting. He offers to stay, but she can handle Chad on her own. He leaves, runs into Chad in the outside-apartment-area, tells Chad to thank him by NOT hurting Abigail.

In the Square, Eric turns away from Serena, and she calls him a hypocrite. He keeps secrets, like she does. She tells him not to make the worst mistake of his life. Don't go back to Nicole. He tells her Daniel/Nicole are engaged.

At Edge of the Square, Rafe calls Tim (his FBI contact) asking if they have any open cases on Weston. A bit later, Hope and Aiden enter, and as Rafe is seating them, Aiden hears a "song" he likes and they start to dance, as Rafe looks on. Later, they're done dancing, Aiden scoots off to talk to a client (Stan something). Rafe comes over, Hope asks about what he & Aiden were REALLY talking about at the office. Rafe dodges, unsuccessfully.

In the park, Clyde tells Ben he doesn't trust Aiden anymore, is having him checked out. Asks Ben to tell him if he thinks of anything else from Ben's earlier conversation with Aiden. Says he ran in to Abby at the Hospital, wonders if Ben's been treated there. Ben doesn't remember the last time he was treated. Chit chat about giving blood, which Ben's never done, either.

Clyde calls Martin from the park, tells him the person whose DNA is being tested is NOT the father of the baby...understood? Martin understands.

Elsewhere in the park, Will has arrived to talk to Ben (yet Chad and Abby have been staring at each other all this time, LOL). Ben's about to call Abigail.

At Will/Sonny's, after apparently staring at each other for 5 minutes, Abby invites Chad in, let's get this over with.

At Nicole/Daniel's, Nicole tells Daniel he knows everything, wishes she'd handled this differently, and had not waited so long to tell the truth. Will he forgive her, or are they over?

At Edge of the Square, Aiden asks Rafe for a bottle of champagne. He and Hope talk about the Salem Bicentennial. She wishes her grandparents were alive to see it, Aiden would have liked to meet them, wants to thank them.

And we close on another shot of the Bicentennial flyer.

Now I officially hate the character of Clyde, and want him off my tv screen. Accosting that innocent man and threatening his wife and child with someone in their home is too much for me.

Yes, I realize what he's done before, but this man isn't part of Victor's or Stefano's families. He also made veiled threats to Chase when he thought Aiden was stepping out of line as his lawyer.

Oh my, Daniel and Nicole had me reaching for the tissues.

It's pretty bad when the sorry excuse for the nanny candidate puts Theresa in her place. :rotfl:

And yes, I think Clyde has hit Defcon 10 Level Evil. It's official. He's completely skeeved me out.

As much as I enjoy seeing Rafe, his scenes today were awkward and odd.

Oh, Clyde, how do I hate thee, let me count the ways.

Enough already with Daniel looking as though he is going to berate Nicole once again, and his long faces. I hate Nicole having to once again beg for forgiveness. Ugh.

Also, enough of Serena's cryptic comments and "looks".

Yes...the Serena and Eric scenes jusssst draaagged. LOL

The Daniel/Nicole scenes went from good, to dragging, to good. But I hope we're seeing a new Daniel, and we won't get another "We're done," from him unless it's true.

I really scratched my head over the Ben/Chad stuff. The scenes made no sense, as shown. I'm wondering if there were cuts between what we did see.

Then he proposed, and he convinced her that she's worthy of his love.

I'm convinced this is why Nicole agreed to marry Dan. She's in love with an idea. She's getting what she wants even if it's with a man she doesn't truly love.

Day (I've lost count) that I don't like Theresa! She and Brady have spent more time arguing over this silly nanny business than they have with their child.

Oh I felt so bad for Martin! Creepy Clyde keeps getting worse and worse. I can't wait for someone to kill this piece of trash (assuming that's where this is heading). He is disgusting. I guess we now know how this whole thing with the paternity test is going to go. However, I'm curious whether the audience will be aware of the truth from the start or if we're going to be left guessing for awhile.

I can't take this stuff with Rafe making googly eyes at Hope and watching her and Aiden while they were at the club. Gah...make it stop!
Oy vey...so now Nicole is using the phrase "almost made love". :rolleyes::beat:Two people kissing in the "heat" of the moment of impending death does not constitute almost making love!! I am glad Nicole fessed up though, even if it was Eric's version of events. That shows a bit of character growth for her since her normal thing would be to continue lying. I didn't really understand the point of Eric and Serena's scenes at all.

So tomorrow is the big day for Chad to pour his heart out to Abigail. Talk about dragging things out. This episode seemed like such a bunch of filler and dragging out to reach a point. Wow. Can late August get here soon?

Edit to add: forgot to comment on the Theresa crap. I was cheering on that poser nanny for telling her off! Loved the comment about what a terrible mother Theresa is for wanting to hire an extremely unqualified person to care for her son just to scheme to get with Brady. Right on!! I'm hoping for better things for this character with the new writers because I don't know how much more of this I can take.

The big high today was Nanny Megan telling Jeannie T. some very inconvenient truths. Unfortunately, there were too many lows: 1) Clyde threatening the family of ordinary Salemite Martin. Even the big, bad Stefano DiMera never dipped this low; 2) Dr. Feely-Gropey displaying his trademarked pained look, while making poor Nicole grovel, and then beg for forgiveness for doing essentially nothing; 3) two-faced Will cheerfully greeting Ben in the park right after doing his best to get Abigail back with Chad; and 4) Eric giving lowlife Bluebird his own special glower. Yes, Ms. Mason deserved it, but nobody really wants to see another round of sourpuss Eric doing what he does best.

I'm convinced this is why Nicole agreed to marry Dan. She's in love with an idea. She's getting what she wants even if it's with a man she doesn't truly love.

This is what I've been saying too. It's a case of be careful what you wish for. Nicole in her mind is getting everything she wants: the "perfect" guy, the child, the home, the career, etc. yet it won't make an ounce of difference when she realizes it doesn't matter without Eric. In the interim, we are seeing Eric slowly get redeemed which is a good thing. So, both characters are growing in what hopefully will lead to a passionate reunion one day. I think this storyline right now is a hybrid of the old and new writers, mostly the old.

I thought Jeannie T's comeback to the nanny was equally as funny when she told her she was getting her musicals mixed up. But I agree that it was nice to see her told off.

Clyde is just beyond creepy. I'm sick of him being the puppetmaster in Salem. The main villain on the show should be someone part of a core family. Obviously, Stefano and Victor are getting older so it should be one of their offspring and not Chad either.

I'm pretty sure Hope and Aiden's scenes were inserted for many reasons. She did look fabulous though and their scenes were cute. Nice to see romance.

I got interrupted by a call at 1:40 so I missed the Ben piece but it seemed he just popped up suddenly. :rolleyes:

The Rafe and Hope stuff is so out of left field. They have never shown Hope to be anything but loyal, in love, and happy with Aiden. I take that back, I think maybe Hope confided in Rafe one time about her screwing things up with Aiden. But other than that, she has told him how happy Aiden makes her.

Ok yes, I know Rafe could "love" her because he sees what a good person she is, blah blah, but he isn't the kind to go after someone else's woman. (other than Carrie, but that was because, oh who knows why lol).

Today's scenes made Rafe look creepy, watching them while Hope and Aiden glowed happily at each other.

I totally agree that they really need to find Rafe ANYTHING else to do other then talk to his FBI buddy Tim and stare at Hope calf-eyed. I wouldn't mind it if I believed for one nanosecond that this "thing" with Hope might actually lead somewhere but its not going to. So what's the point?

The good news is the new writers stuff stars airing in just a couple of more weeks and some good stuff *keeping my fingers and toes crossed* is headed Rafe's way.

The Dixie-fried dirtbag was in rare form today I must say. I don't know if we're going to get a Whodunit or the slimebag will just go out in a hail of bullets in a firefight with the Salem PD but I really believe his days are numbered.

We know that his doing this so his "boy Ben" can profit from Abigail's alleged imminent inheritance. But I see the same flaw with this plan as I do with Stefano's which is this: How does Abigail being with either Ben or Chad give them access to the land? Wouldn't Abigail have to sign the rights over to them? There are still a lot of pieces missing here.

I couldn't think of what could make this land so valuable other then the Leprechaun's pot of gold, so I googled Ireland. And it turns out that the island does have oil according to Wikipedia one recent discovery called Halvik Field is estimated to contain 28 million barrels. So that could be what Stefano is after. :back:

Good for you, Troy, because that is what I was thinking. The land itself is what is valuable because of SOMETHING under it. Glad you did the Google thing. Although in true Days fashion, you really should have done a EWE search. :rotfl:

I so want Ben to learn what a dirtbag his dear daddy really is, always has been, still is, won't really change.

I couldn't think of what could make this land so valuable other then the Leprechaun's pot of gold, so I googled Ireland. And it turns out that the island does have oil;according to WikiIpedia one recent discovery called Halvik Field is estimated to contain 28 million barrels. So that could be what Stefano is after. :back:

I get a site from Ireland on Facebook. It says gold has been discovered in Ireland.

Troy thanks for finding out about the oil. I was right and maybe Clyde wants
to be a Beverly Hillbilly :)

Today we found out Clyde would do anything for his boy. Even harm an
innocent woman and child. Clyde is scum....

I enjoyed Megan and Emma doing the baby test with Tater Tot. Later, Brady
reminded Theresa to start looking for an apartment. He might have to do that
himself since she's not.

I'm glad Nicole finally told Daniel what happened that night and he didn't
have to tell her who came by. Will Daniel be honest and tell her about Eric's
confession that Serena taped? Does Daniel love Nicole enough to forgive her?

Interesting dresses Nicole and Theresa are wearing. The designs remind
me of finger painting or ink blot tests.

Thanks again, Jason, for the summary.

Really, that puts him on par with Stefano, except for the baby part. At least as far as I can recall...Stefano never tried to murder a child, or even a teenager, to protect his family.

Once you're 18 though, if you cross a DiMera...LOL

Scratch that...didn't he put Sami's twins in harm's way during her pregnancy/feud storyline?

Back