Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 8, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Ahhh, In The Good Ol' Summertime...as the song goes. Salemites are all talking about the summer picnic, making plans, getting food, while Stefano & Victor confer at the Kmansion, & Clyde ...well, being Clyde, is out and about spreading his special brand of charm.
Will shows up at Paul's door, wanting to talk, claiming he wants to make peace, but actually to do his usual whining, accusing, etc. He chides Paul for not having a house yet, being he has a new job, a new dad, yada, yada, Then wants Paul to give him & Sonny a chance to work things out, stop talking against Will. Paul denies this, Will refers to Sonny commenting that perhaps Will settled down too soon after coming out....zzzzzzzzzz sorry, it was just same ol'. Finally Will leaves, just as Derrick arrives for their tennis date. He kibbitz's with Paul, each vowing to beat the other, and they leave.

Hope & Ciara are in the mall, as Rafe joins them, yakking about baseball, Ciara wants to be an umpire. Smiles, fun, teasing, until Kate comes up, suprised to find Rafe talking with Hope since no longer on the Force. They are still friends, Ciara mentions the picnic, Aiden & Chase are meeting them there, Kate calls Rafe the 3rd wheel. Ciara wants to know what that is. Kate finally goes back to work, thankfully taking her venom with her. Hope gets a call, Chase has a fever, they can't ccome, Ciara moans as Aiden was going to help her with the calls. She asks Rafe to do so, he is hesitant, Hope tells Ciara about the food, Rafe is in. Later there is a cute scene of Rafe pitching, Hope catching (I swear he is only 4 feet away from Hope, lol) and Ciara umping, calling Ball 4, Hope protests, Ciara ejects her. LOL

Kate goes to her office, finds Justin sitting in her chair, wanting some file for some meeting. They go back and forth about "boss/employee", she is indignant he sat in her chair, makes a catty remark about his wife sleeping with her son. Justin tells her he has filed for divorce, she is surprised & sorry, he admits he cheated himself first, marriage over. Blah, Blah.

Ben & Abby are having sex, he says he loves her, she says "I love you, Chad", he is taken aback, she insists she said Ben...and ...yes, a dream. Abby wakes him up, hands him coffee, small talk. She asks him to the picnic, Theo wants him, he agrees. She goes to get the food, telling him first that Theo wanted Chad to be there, too.

At the Club, Clyde is getting the best cup of java from Sonny, chats about Ben being so happy since Abby moved in, maybe wedding bells soon. Sonny is surprised since Abby just moved in, Clyde makes a crack about men & women marrying too, not just "your kind". Sonny wants to know what kind he is, Clyde apologizes, did not mean anything, just a hick from the country, having to get used to new things. sonny goes to clear a table, Clyde starts to leave, stops at the door, has a flashback, then mutters something about Sonny watching his step or he will make sure the knife goes straight into his heart, not just his back.

He goes to see Ben, who tells him about going to the picnic, and how Chad will be there. Clyde gets a bit worked up, but Ben says not to worry, he will keep an eye out. Clyde now threatens to make sure the Chad problem is ended...permanently.

Chad has asked Zoe over, wants her to go to the picnic, will even get her some new clothes to wear. They go to the mall. Abby has gone to the club to pick up the basket of food (She carries it around like Little Red Riding Hood) Sonny chats a bit, talks of Chad, Abby says he hates her, Sonny says no. She goes out, spots Chad after he dropped off Zoe at a shop. Small talk, she starts to leave, turns back, mentions talking to Sonny, so has something to ask him, when Zoe arrives, in her "outfit". Chad approves, Abby realizes they have a date, awkward conversation, she leaves. Abby goes to the club, why I have no idea, realizes she is missing her sunglasses, so has to go back, just as Zoe is telling Chad she knows why Chad invited her, it was because of Abby.

Will arrives at the club with Ari clinging to his neck, insists Sonny go with them to the picnic. He doesn't want to, Will talks of making a therapist appt. for himself, they do need time together. They arrive at a spot where Will wants to sit, Sonny prefers to be by the lake, Will insists they should have alone time, just the 3 of them. And then we see Paul & Derrick coming from a swim, drying off, laughing about their tennis game, not noticing the others. Will smirks a bit, as Sonny turns and sees them.

Over to the Kmansion, where Stefano & Victor are meeting. Vic makes a few of his great lines, especially about firing his security team since Stefano got into Vic's house with no problem. Stefano claims they know he would not harm Victor, and now wants to know what the deal is with Victor & Clyde Weston. Vic sort of beats around the bush, but Stefano says Clyde told him that he had an "arrangement" with Victor. Well, it takes Victor a bit, as he tries to evade saying anything concrete. but indicates that he wants to keep his family safe, and that Stef should be concerned as well....Chad, Theo, his remaining family. Stefano says Clyde would not dare, but Vic says nothing is off limits to Clyde, he doesn't operate or think the way Stefano or Victor does. Stefano rightly guesses that Sonny's attack was because of Clyde, Vic confirms, Stefano says then we have to see to it he does not have any more opportunities. Vic says Clyde has retaliation plans already in place, so they should just wait. Clyde will eventually relax, lower his guard. Stefano chuckles.....and then he won't know what hit him.

This was just too funny........

CJaNPZrWoAAcTr0.jpg

I like the idea of Victor and Stefano teaming up to take down Clyde but I wish one of them would just order one of their henchmen to take care of it already. I thought the lighting at the K-mansion where those two were chatting was really odd. It just seemed so dark considering it was morning in Salem. I guess they wanted to set the mood or something.

I thought Kate's necklace completely clashed with the rest of her outfit. I like the back and forth between Kate and Justin but please, please, please do not have these two go anywhere near the romance department. :sick:

That was quite some getup Zoe was wearing there with that bathing suit that barely covered anything. So now Abigail is going to be jealous of Zoe and Chad. Yawn. I thought I would like this triangle (or quad, including Ben) but I'm just not overly excited about it.

I can't wait for Rafe to actually get a story (at least I hope so) when the new writers begin because I just feel so bad for him. He wanders around town (on the 3-4 appearances he has per month) with nothing much to do. How many times can he and Hope have a conversation about Clyde and/or Victor?

I wonder if Will is going to end up in bed with Derrick next. He made a comment about how hot he was and then was ogling him when he and Sonny spotted him and Paul together at the lake. I could see Will doing that to get back at Paul since he's showing interest in Derrick now. In his warped mind he would feel entitled to do so since it's all Paul's fault that Will and Sonny's marriage is in trouble. It could feed into the issue of him wanting to sow his oats so to speak and hey, he cheated on Sonny twice, why not go for a third time? Sonny will probably roll over and apologize for that one too. :beat:

WOW sounds like a snoozer. I'm still a bit disoriented from the time difference...Days airs at 1PM local time, which is 3PM central (my usual time). So it hasn't aired here but I think I won't bother with this one!!! I'll check out the Rafe/Hope/Ciara scenes and maybe the Derrick stuff if he's shirtless. :wink:

Meanwhile WILL IS AN IDIOT. He has no sense of self-respect if he feels he needs to set it up so that Sonny gets jealous of Paul/Derrick. And if Sonny DOES get jealous, then he's dead to me to.

If I weren't already sure Clyde was heading for a bodybag, I sure would be now. Was there ANY reason for Clyde's nasty exchange with Sonny? Or for him to later threaten to kill Sonny? Seems like it was out of left field!

Blah, Blah.

Sounds like a good descriptor for most of the episode!!

...I can't wait for Rafe to actually get a story (at least I hope so) when the new writers begin because I just feel so bad for him. He wonders around town (on the 3-4 appearances he has per month) with nothing much to do. How many times can he and Hope have a conversation about Clyde and/or Victor?...
Don't forget about his important umpire talk with Ciara!! LOL

Rafe is my absolute favorite, a possible pairing of him with Hope would make my heart all a flutter:). I would be happy to see her with anyone other than Bo, that Aiden sort of filled that void for a while, but, their relationship is kind of milquetoast for me. I could really get into a Hope/Rafe gig.

Thanks for the summary. Sounds like a good show.
I'm definitely watching the Will stuff, because Derrick's on!:love: Meanwhile, what was the point of Clyde being nasty to Sonny? I didn't expect much better from him though, given he stabbed the dude and threatened his stepdaughter.

The Hope & Rafe/Kate & Justin stuff is bland filler. I'm also tired of Ben and Zoe stopping Chad and Abby from being together.

Looking forward to Stefano and Victor's chat.

I thought today was pretty good that some of the dialogue really had some wit and pop especially what got from Victor. Starting with his "Well good morning, sunshine," greeting to Stefano to his square dancing crack he was on fire. I thought the Victor-Stefano scenes were definitely the high-light of today's show. But again the subject matter they discussed; I mean my poor ears I thought the networks were supposed to bleep out objectionable language. If this keep up I may have to write the FCC! :angry:

Speaking of the Dixiefied Dark Lord of the Deep South, I didn't get the point of his ignorant remarks to Sonny or the threat he made under his breath either. I guess maybe it could be just to remind the audience of what a bad mamajama he is. After those scenes I was kind of surprised he wasn't carrying a spittoon around with him.

I think I've come up with a possible way to fix Will. Whenever he's a scene with Paul and Sonny *Well any scene but especially those two* they should replace his dialogue with "wah, wah" sounds made by theteacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons. I think it would be more interesting and definitely make more sense then the verbal sewage that keeps coming of his mouth.

A candidate for quote of the day would be Zoe saying: "I'm not Abigail, I'm a grown-up." It's a good thing Jenny didn't hear that remark or Zoe would have been on the receiving end of a major rant. On other subjects, whenever Stefano and Victor decide to drop the hammer on homophobe Clyde, they should tell their trigger-man to aim at the head because the Poplar Bluff creep often wears a bullet-vest under his "stylish" outfits. Good luck to Ciara in her umpiring career, but if she starts doing Little League games, Rafe might want to be on hand to handle the coaches and parents who don't like her calls. Finally, Justin might want to work on his office manners. He was able to make peace with Kate today, but if he keeps barking at people over the phone, threatening to fire them, he'll be trying to explain to Victor why his entire senior staff has defected to Lucas at Countess W.

What a snoozer. I agree about the lighting in the KMansion and was actually kind of shocked Stefano was even there. I would have expected the chat to happen at the DiMansion instead. Victor was very subdued in those scenes. Very odd intertwining with the Clyde/Sonny scenes. Not sure what the writers are trying to insinuate here and Sonny didn't really do anything to Clyde to warrant his comment. Why not go after Maggie, Justin or Xander or heaven forbid Daniel? Makes no sense why Sonny is the target.

That said anything with Will in it was fast forwarded.

The Hope/Ciara/Rafe stuff was cute but boring. I want to see Rafe in a storyline with more movement and it doesn't have to be a romantic entanglement. Even though the actors have chemistry, I'm not a fan of Rafe and Hope as a couple. I want Rafe to have his own children and Hope is past that phase.

My hatred for Kate makes it impossible for me to enjoy any scene with her in it, including those with Justin. I'm also sick and tired of that office set.

Overall, the show looked really cheap today. The park sets and that office set are a joke.

To me, we are getting the buildup to the demise of Clyde Weston. Just my opinion here, but we are being given reasons for various characters to resent him...even Hope's conversation with Rafe about being no longer on the police force, how he thought Vic's club would be something new, exciting, different, but it just isn't the same, and the obviously, he is keeping an eye on Clyde, who has made a remark about Gabi in prison possibly being hurt in some way.
Now we have Victor worried about Sonny, and Sonny himself now being given a reason to dislike Clyde.
It was surprising to hear Clyde say what he did to Sonny.....I mean, he is dating Kate, Will is her grandson, and Sonny her grandson in law.
(In the real world, Sonny would have told Will, who would have told Kate that her boyfriend is not all that accepting of her grandson and his husband. But those in Salem rarely do that, do they? LOL. Except Kate of course, and her "3rd wheel" cracks. Sheesh!

I wonder how long, if even at all, it's going to take for Stefano to find out Clyde was behind EJ's death. I hope it's not entirely swept under the rug because this forgotten tid-bit, along with Victor finding out he, Clyde, was also responsible for Sonny's stabbing would be a humongous story opportunity.

Except Kate of course, and her "3rd wheel" cracks. Sheesh!
On the subject of third wheels, Rafe would have been on target if he'd said something like: "Third wheel? That's what I've been ever since the writers put me into a coma." As for foolish Will, he just never learns. His pointless visit to Paul's room ended in embarrassment when it turned out the John Black's newest son was on his way to a tennis match with the well-proportioned Derrick. Whenever Will gets the urge to go confront Paul or blather to Sonny, he should just stifle himself.

@TobyJ..Victor already knows Clyde was responsible for Sonny's stabbing. That is why he was warning Stefano that Clyde doesn't play by the same rules they do, and Stefano rightly figured that Clyde Was responsible for Sonny being stabbed. Victor said, he just could no longer take a chance, had to keep his family safe. So, was biding his time.

Heather4CU: I didn't get the reasoning for Clyde's *sprinkles holy water on keyboard* threat toward Sonny at first either. Then I thought about it and I think it was just as simple as Clyde not being able to stand the fact that Sonny was challenging what he said, wasn't letting it go to the point where he had to back down and "apologize." Guys like Clyde can't stand that kind of thing, their fragile egos demand people kowtow to them. Basically he's a bully and nothing upsets a bully more then being stood up to. *I've typed his name so much in this post I'm going to have an exorcist come in I just know it.*

Today's portion of Armchair Psychology 101 has been to you by the letters A and Q and the number 6. :)

Poirot: I'm betting you're dead on about the scenes in the club being further set-up for a murder mystery and Sonny being added to the pool of possible suspects. I think you're also on to something where Rafe is concerned as well. It's interesting that just last week Rafe mentioned arranging for people to keep an eye on Gabi and just the other day Rafe mentioned "his remark about my sister being a sitting duck in prison." I think with Kate noticing Rafe and Hope's friendship today will be more significant then it originally appears.

I think Kate will mention to Clyde *I just can't do it anymore* You-Know-Who how close Rafe and Hope seemed then we'll see him on his cellphone saying "I think it's time to send Rafe Hernandez a message." Then Rafe will get word that Gabi was jumped-possibly in the shower or something- maybe not seriously hurt (she better not be :angry:) but definitely banged up. Then Rafe will run into You-Know-Who and he'll make some remark like "How's your sister, Rafe?" Which will then spark a physical altercation and then shortly after that Clyde will turn up dead.

Of course this is ALL purely speculation on my part. But I feel so confident of that being close to what will happen I'll wager every Hardy Boys book I've held onto since childhood and my first two seasons of "Columbo" on DVD. Heck I'll even throw in my first season of "Barnaby Jones" starring Buddy Ebsen (of "Beverly Hillbillies" fame) just to sweeten the deal. How's that for confidence?

@Poirot...thanks the reminder. At your mention I did remember that Victor knew Clyde was responsible. So now we just have to wait for the Clyde murdering EJ bombshell to hit the fan

Back