Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 8, 2015

I enjoyed Kate with Rafe and Hope. Ciara was too curious to know what
a third wheel was. I looked up the word balk since it was mentioned.

Interesting what Rafe said about Ciara about being in control and
where she learned it from.

It was funny when Victor told Stefano he would have to fire his security.
I wonder how long they plan to wait to take down Clyde.

I laughed when Kate said "It's Salem" to Justin.

It seems like some scenes were cut from the Hope and Rafe story because Kate coming up with her rude attitude didn't really make sense. What is strange about them hanging out? They were once coworkers and family. How could Ciara know about glass ceilings but not third wheels?
The way Ciara was talking about the baseball game I actually thought she was going to be playing with a group of people and not just the three of them. She should have taken her gear with her to at least show her friends what Rafe taught her.

For someone in a relationship Abby sure does like to follow Chad around to make sure he likes her. Today confirmed for me that Ben is crazy. Only a crazy person would want to hang on to someone as selfish and careless as Abby. Who was Theo hanging out with while Chad was away? He doesn't need her there. And when did Theo start having a hard time meeting new people?

I like Chad when he is with Zoe. I hope he gets over Abby and falls for Zoe then they could be a power couple together. I think the only thing he loves about Abby is what they can do in the bedroom so I don't care to see his sad sap faces when he thinks about her.

I think Will is coming close to beating Dan as the character I dislike the most. Sonny basically took the blame for Will's actions and has repeatedly told that lying cheat that he isn't going anywhere and Will is still scheming? For what? Can we at least have Will overhear Sonny telling someone that Ari is the only reason he is staying? At least then he would have a reason to try and scheme to keep his marriage. I think Will is disappointed that his life is too easy and he is actually trying to create drama.

I think I am starting to dislike Justin. Kate wasn't completely useless today, she let that scumbag know he started the issues in his marriage. Wish she wasn't so nice when she said it though.

Did they make Clyde a homophobe because being a murder, sexist, rapist, child abuser and drug lord wasn't bad enough? At least it makes more sense why he chose to have someone stab Sonny. Everyone in town knows Dan is the person Victor loves the most.

Victor and Stefano were so boring today I don't even remember most of what they said. Is Stefano the first person to realize that Clyde had Sonny stabbed? If Hope has also come to that conclusion then she needs to tell her boyfriend to get over himself and she needs to do some investigating until she gets to the bottom of this

Today's group of characters don't bother me as much as the other groups. I like that

Kate had to walk up to Hope & Rafe with her snark because she is jealous. She knows Rafe is done with her, but just as she was bent on getting rid of Jordan, being that she was so very jealous of her, so she is now putting the focus on Hope.

Troy......You forgot to give mention to sponsor ...letter P...lol.
Kat.......LOL, that "it's Salem" remark made me believe someone has been reading the Spectator.....one of our fav remarks/excuses. LOL

And oh, I so very much want Stefano to learn of Clyde's part in EJ's death. Joe Mascolo can't help but knock that one out of the park.

I liked that the two Mafia Dons sat there having such a very calm, civilized conversation about their future plans for Boss Hogg.....I mean the Godfather of Poplar Bluff.....

I usually don't like Stefano. I'm tired of him always getting away with everything. Plus, sometimes, he was too evil for my taste. I can enjoy a great villain, mind you, but some of his crimes were just too much for me. (Weird, I know, but even in fiction, I draw some lines.) But... put him in scenes with Victor and I love him. I loved the whole scene, Victor had me laughing so hard with his slide remarks. Oh yeah, I can enjoy seeing these two crime lords working together. Definitely. :clap:Plus, I enjoy darker Victor so much more. Not too dark, again, but not just Maggie's husband either. Bring on more scenes like the one with Hope also, when she, while knowing he's lying through his teeth, tells him she loves him and Victor smiles back at her. Very pleasant to watch.

As far as the rest is concerned, I am one of the very few I guess who would love to see Hope with Rafe. Not that I don't like her with Aiden, but Hope and Rafe are friends, have so much chemistry, could really work together. Definitely, this has possibility. More than Hope and Aiden now, because I see the both of them continually going against each other now and in the future, and I don't think that would be entertaining.

Kate can go away. Like now !

Justin ? What happened to him ? He used to be quite nice, now, he's turning into somebody else. More ruthless, but not enough to make him a villain. It's like the writers (surprise, surprise) still don't quite know what to do with him. Plus, him being so nonchalant about sleeping with another woman, and the way he has treated Adrienne, does not endear him to me. So I'm quite disappointed right now. I could do without Justin. Unless he becomes really, really darker and teams up with Victor, then maybe I could go for that.

Abigail : That girl is so pathetic, I could scream. She does not know what or who she wants. She follows Chad around like a puppy dog, having no self respect whatsoever. She settles for Ben. She does not have the strength to be on her own. Like her mother, she just loves men's attention. Any man, I think. So Ben (who bores me right now) and Chad both could do better.

Lastly : Will ! Go away, Sami jr. ! Enough said.

Some of the writing was sharp - I definitely loved Kate's retort to Justin when he said that he had slept with someone, and Adrienne was currently sleeping with Lucas:
"Yeah, but it's Salem. You know that's not grounds for an embarrassing public shouting match, not for divorce."

It's as if the writers are intentionally poking fun at the situational tropes they have created.

Back