Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 1, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Kayla & Fynn are kissing, and before one can blink, they are taking off some clothes (Fynn ends up shirtless, but Kayla is still clothed) and are hot & heavy on the bed...until Kayla pushes Fynn away, she can't do this. Fynn is very understanding, knows she was feeling vulnerable, etc. etc Tis fine. She apologizes, feels stupid, he says no need, tis o.k. she goes to wash her face, pull herself together. Knock, knock. Fynn gets his shirt back on, opens the door, and there stands John. LOL He's looking for Kayla, Fynn says they just got back in, Kayla is washing up. John spots a couple clothing items on the floor (too funny) says nothing, asking Fynn if he read any good books lately. Ha. Kayla comes out, thinks Steve sent John, but no, John was worried about her, Steve doesn't know he is there. Kayla ends up insisting that Steve knows where Joey is, and she wants John to take her there, RIGHT NOW.

Nicole sits drinking her martini, Dario comes along, asking her how it is going with Deimos. She tells him all, thinks she has Deimos where she wants him, though she is sure he doesn't trust her. Dario thinks Nik has fallen for him, she denies it, talks of just having lost the love of her life, etc. He thinks she should back off, but Nicole is going forward. she calls Deimos.

Deimos comes home, opens the door, finds a trail of rose petals leading to a bucket of champagne, by the stairs, and more leading up the stairs. He grabs the bottle, goes up, finds Kate in his bed, ready, willing, still angry/furious with him, but wanting him to "calm her down".Last chance. He obliges. Later, in their supposed afterglow, she wants him to pack, they are going to Vegas to get married. Oh, so she is signing the pre-nup. Nope, she coyly goes back & forth with him about money (she has plenty, doesn't want his), power, (she craves it, so does he) so together they would be just grand. She already has his pilot readying the plane, filing the flight plan. He gets the call from Nicole to meet her down by the river, with a bottle of champagne. She hangs up before he can make any excuses, but he is eager to go. Fakes an excuse to Kate of going out to get a unique wedding ring, one a classy lady like her deserves. He leaves, she goes to the window, listens as the door closes.

Paul is in the Pub, on the phone with John who wants to know how he is doing. Henry comes in, joins Paul, they have a nice conversation. Henry thanks him for giving him the advice, and courage to come out to his parents, he did, they said they knew since he was 5, just waited for him to figure it out. Paul is happy all worked out, then Henry asks him to go out, Paul is gracious, but declines, he has someone out there he thinks about all the time. Henry has to leave, thinks this other guy is lucky, leaves, Paul pulls out his cell, pic of Sonny is there, he looks longingly at it.

Steve & Joey hear the sirens, Steve pulls Joe (who grabs his backpack) into a side room, where they hear all that is going on. A detective with a search warrant comes in, Simone is all defensive, gonna call her lawyer. Seems the cops are investigating the string of robberies, all having in common hands with scorpions on them. She protests, the detective stands firm. Steve is questioning Joe about this, who denies at first, then tells about driving the car, not knowing it was a robbery. They listen , then Jade is there, the cop wants to see her hand, she refuses, he insists, Simone objects, but the search warrant includes specific reference to examining the hands of those there. The cop is going to take Jade down to the cop shop, Joe bursts out of the room, leave her alone.

A bit of arguing, the cop has a photo of the driver of a car outside a place that was robbed, wearing same jacket Joe is wearing. Joe insists on protecting Jade, she had nothing to do with it, shows the cop his hand, says he only drove the car, not knowing a robbery was taking place. Steve has not come out, is listening to all of this. The detective says since he drove AFTER the stolen items were in the car, he is part of it, arrests him, puts the handcuffs on. Dirk has been watching all of this silently, on the edge of the group.

Nicole paces at the river, Deimos is there, why did she want to see him. She says she has been thinking about him, about her feelings, and is scared. They dance around their words a bit, but eventually kiss. The camera moves over to the shrubbery, where Kate watches with a look of venom on her face.

(Amazing how she knew exactly where to go!!)

Please note, there is no show on Thursday & Friday, June 2 & 3rd.

Last edited:
Deimos comes home, opens the door, finds a trail of rose petals leading to a bucket of champagne, by the stairs, and more leading up the stairs. He grabs the bottle, goes up, finds Nicole in his bed, ready, willing, still angry/furious with him, but wanting him to "calm her down

Did you mean Kate in his bed?

Oh, my gosh...........yes!! Thank you! Poirot

Yep, sure was. I did like Steve making Joe decide on his own, what he would do. Run away, or face up to what he had done. He said "finding yourself" doesn't get happen by running away. Joe said that is what YOU did, always running. And Steve said he learned his lesson. Finding himself was here, at home. And this is YOUR lesson, Joe.

It was a short scene, but a good one.

However I just loved when that door opened and there was John.......who looked puzzled, said, sorry, must have the wrong room. LOLOLOL His expressions were just great as he came in, looking around, etc.

Thanks for the summary. I didn't miss much from the sounds of it. The Joey/Kayla/Fynn stuff is beyond stupid, and that's all I have to say about that.

Paul and John were the only highlights of the episode. Not interested in Deimos, Kate and Nicole.

My thoughts on today's show:

Joey/Jade and the Commune crew: Well that happened.

Paul and Henry: This just felt random. That's probably because we see Paul so rarely these days whenever he pops up my reaction is usually "Oh there's... Paul." But on the plus side Paul is always a welcome sight as far as I'm concerned regardless of it being random or not. I also felt his scenes with Henry were nicely done.

Deimos/Kate/Nicole: Remember when triangles were based on genuine love and affection? This horror show makes me nostalgic for the good ol' days. All this is does is illustrate what contemptible human beings Kate and Deimos are. They can rot for all I care. But sadly it's not doing Nicole any favors either. I understand the impulse to get justice for Maggie but this ain't the way for to her to do it. Ugh I wish they extricate her from this mess.

Fynn/Kayla/John: Those scenes were pretty much shrug worthy as far as I'm concerned. But the way Drake Hogestyn (John) delivered the line "So have you read any good books lately?" to Fynn did give me a chuckle.

Last edited by a moderator:
However I just loved when that door opened and there was John.......who looked puzzled, said, sorry, must have the wrong room. LOLOLOL His expressions were just great as he came in, looking around, etc.
Expressions: John would have looked more than puzzled if he had arrived at the room earlier.

Utter Absurdity: Aunt Simone's claim that her robbers' den housed "innocent children in search of the truth." This is not quite as disconnected from reality as "EJ has changed," but it's close.

Food Tasters: Deimos better go online to see if Salem has any available. Nobody goes from Kate's bed to a romantic encounter with another woman -- nobody.

Cluelessness: Joey better give up living the wild side. He's clearly not very good at it. If all suspects were as feckless as he is, Roman's cops would have a much better arrest record.

So....this was a Wed. episode....usually not all that good......but in this week, it is supposed to serve as a Friday cliffhanger sort of show. Honestly.......there was absolutely NOTHING shown that would be making me on the edge of my seat, waiting for next Monday. However, I definitely will enjoy having Friday off from summary duty, and bet JasonD feels the same about Thursday. LOL

That said....I did enjoy seeing Paul. I really like him, like the actor, and thought his scenes with Henry were done well. I really like Henry as well, and it would be nice if he was part of the teen scene on a regular basis. Paul still thinking about Sonny....that was interesting. He stepped back completely when he learned Sonny loved Will, and they married. Even after Will died, he respected and was a friend only. Sonny left the country. That doesn't mean Paul cannot or should not think of him. I bet all of us think at times of first loves, high school dates, steadies. Heck, how often do you read of people who have lost a spouse somehow hooking up with and marrying that person from high school or college that was, back then, "their huge love of their life".

Thanks, Poirot.

I watched the whole show for some reason. I tuned out most of it.

Nice surprise to see John. He even talked to Paul and they discussed
how they were feeling since they both had gotten the virus.

Good talk Steve had with Joey. I laughed when Steve talked about the
ski masks and tattoos. He said they should have just left their names
and addresses

I, also, laughed at the end with Kate's face poking out of the bush.

Kat......I get a kick out of your observances. I don't mention some, so appreciate when others do. We do have folks who cannot even get the show, but want to keep up.

I especially appreciate because I get interrupted a lot with business phone calls so can miss something easily.

After watching today's show, I am going to enjoy having the time for me tomorrow and Friday. The only thing I enjoyed today was John, Paul, and Henry.

Oh, and Henry's crush for Paul was a nice, innocent one unlike the other so called crush that borders on obsession that another teen in Salem is currently having with an older man. Paul handled it very respectfully.

This sounds riveting.:sarcasm:

I think I'll skip this one. Thanks Poirot.
My thoughts exactly. Also: Kate :sick::sick::sick: Nicole/Dario: :sick::sick::sick: Paul pining for Sonny: :sick::eek::sick::confused::sick: Doc Dingo and Kayla: :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I do like Henry's story (what little there's been) and wish we saw him and his pal Claire more. John is always a treat.

As to Joe, I'm glad he stood up for Jade, even if she's no stable Mable. But what a kook Simone must be - if you are in charge of a band of thieves, why would you give them all a distinct brand ON THEIR HANDS!?!?!?!
This is not quite as disconnected from reality as "EJ has changed," but it's close.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
bet JasonD feels the same about Thursday.
Yes I certainly do!! :)

Salemites have always been good at defying the bounds of time and space, and now Dr. Dingo appears to have joined the club. It appeared that Dingo's and Kayla's stay at the No-Tell Motel was at the end of their first night on the road and the location of their room was given as Kingman, AZ, which is near the California border. Since Salem is generally acknowledged to be near Chicago, this is a remarkably-long one-day drive -- particularly for somebody with Kayla's condition. Could the Fynnmobile have extraordinary abilities?

ave-mizar.jpg

The Magic Fynnmobile? What's that zooming low over the landscape -- it's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's the magic Fynnmobile!!

Last edited:
I actually enjoyed the episode. I was very intrigued about Joey and his decision to admit he was the driver in the car. I think this actor is doing a great job. I am not a fan of his wild girlfriend but the actress is good and there may be a good story here if we just are patient.

As for Kayla and Fynn? Hmmm, I think Kayla's hematoma is affecting her thinking. Hoping that she and Patch can start working out their problems soon.

Very well done scenes between Paul and Henry. Both actors did a great job.

Deimos and Kate, still not completely clear what these two want from each other. Definitely not love. I am curious if Nicole does have some feelings for Deimos. He certainly has the hots for her. But I can't tell if Nicole is playing him or is really feeling something for him. She is just that good an actress!
I'm looking forward to how these stories play out next week.

I do not like the Ciara fantasizing over Chad story. But it seems that is where the writers are taking us. I hope Chad stays true to Abigail and will not turn to Ciara.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the Paul/Henry scenes. They were great but I see Paul more as a mentor/friend to Henry rather than a boyfriend. The age difference is too much. Maybe if they were both adults I'd feel differently but right now Henry needs to finish school and Paul is in a different place in life.

I couldn't help but wonder why we constantly get sex scenes with Kate and fill in the blank but we never get these types of scenes with John and Marlena or Steve and Kayla. We always see them before and after. Kate was sitting there in a skimpy bra with her blue hair for most of the episode. No thank you.

As for Kayla and Fynn? Hmmm, I think Kayla's hematoma is affecting her thinking.

Amen to that!!! :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed John's arrival at the NoTell room! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Dingo to Kayla, "I don't want to take advantage of you!" :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

A theme song for Joey: "The Things We Do For Love".-- 10cc :rolleyes:

No inside info, but I will be very surprised if Sonny resumes with Paul.

The show may get some letters re Deimos' "gyp joint" comment. :rolleyes:

Is Deimos doing the voiceover in the Select Quote TV ad?

Back