Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 15, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Rather a slow day in Salem today. Victor comes to see Roman, and in a genial manner, throws Nicole under the bus, claiming she came to him with this idea of seducing Deimos in order to get back the Kiriakis money...but was doing it for Maggie, because she was Daniel's mother. Roman listens, but you see the disbelief on his face. Later, Abe stops by the Salem PD, where Roman fills him in on all the latest on the search for Deimos, and the increasing number of people determined to insist Deimos was murdered, although Roman's gut feeling is, Deimos will turn up here alive. Roman & Abe both laugh about Kate turning up with a marriage certificate, knowing full well that Kate would be very capable of having one manufactured, and bribing the witnesses who swore they saw Deimos & Kate being married in Vegas. Just too many fingers conveniently pointing at Nicole.

Dario arrives to have the drink with Nicole, asks all the right questions apparently, and next they both are in the Kmansion, doing a thorough search, looking for something, anything that Kate might have around to show her hand. Earlier, Kate was up in Deimos's bedroom, looking in drawers, finding something..a handkerchief with a bit of blood on it??. Whatever it was, she takes it out to the clearing, swishes it in the water, rubs it in the mud, throws it on the side. Guess she is planting evidence.

Back at the Kmansion, Nicole jimmies open a drawer, finds a chest of mementos (Deimos's) and flashes back to when he played the piano for her, then kissed her. She & Dario are frustrated over not finding anything, hear the door opening, Kate is back, the room is empty, tho Kate notices the little chest on the desk. She walks around a bit, Nicole & Dario are hiding behind a door in the room.

Rafe comes home, finding Blanca making guacamole. He manages to get her to talk about why she came, and correctly guesses his mother is trying to fix him up. Mami comes in, Blanca goes to take a walk in the square, Rafe is pretty angry, telling his mother to butt out, he is a grown man, his personal life is NONE of her business. He leaves, Eduardo arrives, nice little chat with Adriana, and they get close, kiss. She breaks it off, the kids can come in any minute, Dario would go on & on. She makes him stand a few feet away, asks about dealing with the threats, he figures he knows how to stop them. Rafe returns, sits down to have some of the "guac", hears Eduardo's plan means going to each family of anyone he killed, make reparations. Rafe worries it could blow back on their family, but Eduardo will make sure that doesn't happen.

Hope returns home, finds roses on the door step, an invitation. She calls Aiden, accepts, meets him for the romantic dinner he set up at Club TBD. They have chianti wine, she spots Rafe coming in with Blanca (they ran into each other in the square) for coffees to go. They exchange pleasantries, introductions to Blanca, Rafe & Blanca leave.

Deimos is telling Chloe why he used a fake name, how he got the info he wanted, & could have left then, but did not. He felt, after meeting up with Chloe, that he did not need the revenge plan, etc. But he worried, so just took off. And now, he has the money, the house, the business, and it doesn't mean a thing. Chloe lets him know there can't be anything between them, she has a son, and she would not jeopardize him for anything. She shows a picture of Parker, who was with his father when Robert & Chloe met. Deimos praises Parker, looks like a good kid, kind, you are a great mom. She tells him Parker is returning from camp tomorrow, Deimos can sleep on the couch, but has to be gone first thing in the morning.

Aiden takes Hope home, she thanks him for a lovely evening, she had a good time. Good night. She closes the door, turns on the light, takes one of the roses out of the vase, holding it, sniffing it.

Outside, Aiden is looking towards the door, his cell rings, and it is Andre', reminding him he is still in jail. Aiden is working on it. Andre warns he had better be out tomorrow, or Hope is going to hear all about how Aiden went along with their plan until the very last second, and won't she be surprised to hear that. He laughs.

Thank you, Poirot.

Sounds like the Roman / Abe scenes are pretty decent. Roman found the Salem brain!! I wonder how long he'll have custody of it.

So we get the obligatory scene of Rafe running into Hope so he feels worse. Hopefully, she feels jealous enough to give Aiden the boot for good.

Nope. Don't going to do it. I don't care how much Days tries to soften / make Deimos likable. I will never like him because of what he did to Maggie.

Here the show got interrupted. So, was Deimos basically saying he wants a relationship with Chloe? I actually like Demios and Chloe as a couple and surprisingly don't think he looks to old for her. They should try Philip and Nicole together, see if there is any chemistry there. I loved Mama Hernandez. Off topic but this actress could play Ziva's mom on NCIS. They look so similar! Saying that Hope leads Rafe around by the nose. I liked Rafe today, this is the real no nonsense Rafe from the safe house.

A few words about selected characters.

Rafe: Maybe he should give Blanca a chance. She'd be a step up from dull Jordan, conniving Kate, screechy Sami, and Hope who'll always be married to Bo in her heart. In addition, Blanca is attractive, can cook and actually asked about Tom and Alice, which is a first for any Salem visitor. Maybe Mami does know best.

Victor: Poor Maggie certainly wouldn't be pleased with him. If he was Pinocchio, his nose would have grown so long that it would have poked Roman in the eye.

Hope: She should run for her life. Aiden is a liar, forger, and an Andre flunky. Who knows, maybe he shoplifted those red roses and "forgot" to pay for their romantic dinner?

Abe & Roman: They were certainly perceptive today. Could this be the start of a new trend?

Kate: Ms. Blue Chunk may have been the best-dressed person ever to go mucking about by the muddy banks of the Salem River. It's too bad that Percy didn't pop out of the bushes and call, "greetings!"

Kate: Ms. Blue Chunk may have been the best-dressed person ever to go mucking about by the muddy banks of the Salem River. It's too bad that Percy didn't pop out of the bushes and call, "greetings!"
Days missed a great opportunity here. They should've brought back Percy to do just that. Kate would've lost her mind had he popped out of the bushes.

I don't know what to think of Victor. Nicole saved his life and he appeared to genuinely thank her. This HAS to be part of a plan that really doesn't hurt Nicole. Maggie would not tolerate that. This cannot be a merger of Kiriakis and Roberts. She needs to go once and for all. I understood Stefano and was much more accepting of him as a villain. I don't even want to see Kate's face and pursed lips. Hooker with a heart, she ain't.

Deimos? For the life of me, I cannot stand his contrived story from the start. He is way too old for Chloe in my book. If you have the debonair charm of a Cary Grant, then maybe. This is just dumb. Charm? No! Debonair? No and more no!

Last edited by a moderator:
This was kind of a disjointed episode for me today. First the batteries in my remote control for the cable box out went and went and took me about five minutes to find replacements so I could turn the danged tv on and I missed the very beginning. Then Comcast decided to do an Emergency Broadcast system test at the very beginning of the scene with Rafe and Blanca in the Horton Town Square. I realize these are first world problems but they are annoying nonetheless. LOL

Any here are my impressions from what I was able to pay attention to:

The Deimos saga: I am glad to see that Roman is NOT buying what Victor was trying to sell him today. But I have a sinking feeling in my gut that by the time whatever "evidence" Kate was planting on the riverbank is uncovered the SPD will have received their fresh supply of stupid pills and things will take a downturn for poor Nicole.

The problem is as Jason so wisely pointed out a couple of days ago that there is no mystery or suspense because we know Deimos is alive. So all this scheming and investigating and everything else anybody does is already all for naught. If they hadn't ruined the punchline by revealing Deimos is alive then maybe we would have an enjoyable yarn here. But nope they had to rush it. So what we are left with is the equivalent of watching a big ole Monster truck spinning its wheels in a mud hole.

Rafe and Blanca: I didn't really feel anything but then giving Rafe's mood that's no big surprise. I agree with DrBakerFan that maybe Rafe should give this a chance. But my Spider-Sense tells me that much like Fynn and Kayla nothing much will come from this but we will see.

Eduardo and Adriana: This made me smile. I chuckled at Eduardo's admonition "You need to slow down, Woman", in regards to Rafe and Blanca and when she made him stand on the opposite side of the counter. FINALLY we get a little bit of light and humor among the doom and gloom. although I have to say Eduardo's solution to the mysterious texts is to go on an apology tour? Well, okay that's certainly a....different approach to this type of story I suppose.

And I have to say that as big a fan as I am of the Hernandez clan as a whole I find it quite vexing that we got air time for every member EXCEPT Gabi. Yes quite vexing indeed.

In re: the Deimos saga......the mystery is the "when" he is going to reveal he is still alive..However, right now........I do not like the fact that Deimos & Chloe are isolated in their own little bubble from the rest of Salem.

I'll grant there's some mystery to the question of when will Deimos reveal himself. But personally I still would have preferred it if they had gone the is he alive or not route. Because knowing that he is alive just makes all this scheming that's going on pointless.

Sure one could make the argument that having Deimos show up after not knowing he was alive would essentially have the same effect. But the difference is his return would be a twist for the viewers as well as the characters.

Last edited:
Days missed a great opportunity here. They should've brought back Percy to do just that. Kate would've lost her mind had he popped out of the bushes.
Yes, they should have. Kate losing her mind would have be a welcome sight for Days viewers. And with only one spoken word, Percy's appearance would have come cheap. Another possible scene enhancements might have been having Blake Berris (Nick) playing a ghost who's drowning the Salem River and calling for help, and Ghost Stefano appearing in the woods to laugh his Phoenix laugh and say "you fool" to her. These too might have frosted Kate's blue chunk.

LOL, Yep, Percy would have been a hoot. And....then, wonder if he knows he is actually free to return to Salem if he wants. After all, EJ is dead (the one who had Percy dispatched back to England), & so is Stefano, who may or may not have known about ol Percy.

Boggles the mind that anyone would stuff a hankie with blood on it back in a drawer! And wasn't she all dressed up for romping around in the mud & water in that clearing. LOL

So Victor's softening toward Nicole didn't last long. Unless he's got some other plan in mind or I'm just not understanding what he's doing here. I certainly do not like him throwing Nicole under the bus and seemingly siding with Kate as a means to get his company/money back. He should be furious with Kate for trying to take over his empire so I don't see why he would lift a finger to help her. Luckily, Roman appears to be seeing all the holes in this case and Deimos isn't dead so the whole thing is going to blow up eventually. At this point though, if Victor is indeed going after Nicole then I hope she double-crosses him right back and strikes a deal with Deimos, once he's back in town alive, to marry him and split the Kiriakis fortune snuffing both Kate and Victor out. Serve them both right at this point.

Sounds like Chloe and Deimos had a "thing" last fall/winter however short. Hmmmm....

If Kate knew she was going back to the river to plant that "evidence" then why not wear jeans and sneakers/boots? She looked ridiculous in her skirt and stilettos.

I don't get what Hope is doing here. Even if she is "playing" Aiden, I don't get it. What's the point? If she's not playing him then it doesn't make sense either. She needed to just take some time for herself and be there for her children and granddaughter. Why does she have to be with a man at this point in her life especially after everything she has been through? I had high hopes after her revelation episode last week that she would wake up but apparently the nightmare is going to get worse before it gets better.

I like Blanca so far and I enjoyed her scenes with Rafe. That can only mean one thing: she's only here as angst for Rafe/Hope and she probably won't last long in Salem. I hope they branch her out a bit though from the Hernandez bubble.

I'm wondering if there was someone watching Kate in the trees. They did a pan shot after she left

I'm glad Roman is thinking about everything he's been told. especially since Victor threw Nicole
under the bus....poor thing...

Nicole and Dario weren't thinking at all. They left the living room with box left on the desk when they
searched more of the house. I think you're
suppose to put things back before you go to another
area.

It was funny when Nicole told Dario Victor kept adding on to the house when he needed more
rooms. This happens a lot in Salem.

It was interesting to learn Chloe and Deimos had a relationship before he got to Salem.. I don't think
he's told everything.. like how Nicole looks like Helena :)

Adriana needs to borrow Jen's high heels shoes for kissing.

I like Blanca. maybe because she knows how to make my favorite dip ... mmm guacamole

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post directly above your own post - JS

So does Kate not know this? It makes no sense or else I am the obtuse one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back