Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 17, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Frantic. Lots of excitement and.......well, Daniel insists on taking Maggie home, she protests, has run into someone she sponsors who needs a shoulder, will drive Maggie home so they can talk, and besides, Maggie wants to tell Vic about this all herself. Daniel gets called on a consult, so..Maggie is on her way. He calls Nicole to tell her what happened, and they will talk tomorrow.

Serene is in panic mode, talking to herself, worried about Eric. Marlena arrives, wanting to know what the heck happened between her & Eric, but Serena babbles, is clearly upset, and ultimately throws Marlena out. O.K. Opens the door and practically shoves her out. Now Serena is talking to herself, trying to reach Eric, calling his neighbor to knock on his door. No luck there either.
Marlena arrives at the hospital, tells Daniel about Serena/Eric breaking up, and how agitated Serena was just now. Daniel recalls Eric coming over, asking him about Serena and wanting the elephant. He goes to see Serena. By now, Serena is truly a basket case, decides to leave to find Eric, but Daniel is now at the door, barring the way. (This is getting so old, Days, with people opening doors to find someone there). They argue as he insists she tell him what is going on, but she only wants to get away, go find Eric. Daniel realizes she feels Eric is in danger....but from who? He demands she tell him NOW.

Will & Sonny return from a counseling sessions, with Will praising Dr. Myers to the hilt, while Sonny is not all that impressed. He think Dr. Myer is not getting them to the root of their problem, instead, just wanting them to move on, etc. He leaves for the Club. Chad is sitting there, thinking about Abby, Zoe comes in, yaks with him about Sonix magazine, future articles, mentioning one that Will is pushing about Dr. Myer, but she doesn't think it a good idea. She comes on strong to Chad, who is not taking the bait, and she leaves. Sonny comes to talk to Chad, noting how Chad rebuffed Zoe, and figuring he is really in to Abby. Chad denies this, can't happen, no room in his life for her. And Zoe is an employee, would be inappropriate.

When Sonny leaves, an angry Will throws something across the room. Zoe arrives, tells him the magazine is not selling well with the Clyde article on the cover. She lets him know his idea about Dr. Myer article just won't fly. Well, Will doesn't want to write it, wants someone else. Nope. He suggests he write up something, she can pass it around at the office, see what flies. She agrees, though you can see she doesn't think much of it.
When she leaves, Will mutters about promising Dr. Myer. He calls him, brags how the mag thinks the idea is fabulous. Dr. Myer thinks his methods have a huge success rate, assures Will that he & Sonny will soon be part of that statistic.

Ben has seen Chad in the Club, wonders where Abby is, decides to use that spy app for her phone and realizes she is at home. And so she is, writing in her interactive diary (she speaks, it writes) all about how she does love Ben, doesn't know why she cannot resist Chad, slept with him, how disappointed her family would be to know she crawled into bed with a DiMera. She goes to make some tea, Ben arrives. She goes to make him some tea, he finds a scrapbook on the coffee table, starts going thru it, she returns, quickly shuts her laptop down. He asks, she admits she was doing the diary thing, talking of him, how great he is, yada, yada. They begin making out, but she pulls back, anyone from her family could come in. He is sorry, mentions how much easier at his place, she mentions she has been thinking about it more. This makes him happy, she just needs a bit more time. Fine....he leaves, in a good mood.

Xander is busy, choking Nicole, her phone rings, he is constantly talking, calling her names, bitter about her betrayal, drags her to the phone so she could see who called her, with her last breath. Oh, Daniel, it was Daniel. Xander goes on, she has managed to get his arm away from around her neck, but now Xander has the garrote, is twisting it around her neck, when Bam, Eric has hit him on the head and down Xander goes. Eric is holding Nicole, who is trying to get her breath back, he is wanting to call police, she says from somewhere else, wants to leave the office. They start out, Xander has come to, grabs her ankle, pulling her back.

Xander is up, Eric is punching him, Xander is punching back (good scenes) but eventually, Eric is getting the worst of the fight. But now it is Nicole who smashes something onto Xander's head, down he goes, Eric & Nicole quickly leave. She warns Eric that Xander has people watching so they have to go out a basement exit.

Navidad arrives in the room as Xander comes to, vowing revenge on both. Seems Navidad has masked all the security cameras, but she gets on the computer, unmasks them and soon they have spotted Nicole & Eric down in the basement. Not to worry, she has that door locked from the outside. Xander says let's go, time for them both to get what they deserve.

Down in the basement, Nicole & Eric are creeping along, find the exit door, which is never locked, but now is. And they hear Xander calling to them both, telling them their time is nearly up. They go into another part of the basement, trying to be quiet, but she bumps against something. Out in the hall, Xander is coming, gun drawn. Inside the room, Eric & Nicole move to the side, hiding behind some things, being very quiet. Out in the hall, Xander has reached the door, his hand is on the knob.

Today was a great deal more fun to watch than the past couple.

Lines of the day: Eric to Nicole- "he was trying to KILL you!!!" (thank you, Captain Obvious)...Zoe to Chad, talking about possible future articles- "...some man from Astabula" (cute nod to Freddie Smith's *Sonny's* home town).

GREAT scenes today with Xander, Nicole and Eric. I think they were actually fighting and not using stuntmen. And OMG the chemistry between Nicole and Eric! :love:

There was no need whatsoever for Maggie to be on today.

I do NOT appreciate Marlena being used as a plot device to prop Daniel so that he can come out looking like a superhero for the zillionth time! Enough is enough! Please go join your older toddler in Europe. Marlena could have just as easily called John, Roman or Rafe to help with Eric. And it would have been a great way to involve more characters in this. Instead it's yet another storyline where Daniel gets inserted.
:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

I need Navidad to get caught in Xander's crossfire. And what the heck was that dress?

LOVED Abigail in casual clothes in the living room. Though it seems like it's nighttime for Ben and Abigail and daytime for everyone else? Fasten your seat belts folks it's going to be a long night in Salem!

The highlight of the episode for me was Marlena's reaction to being yelled at:

Screen_Shot_2015_06_17_at_19_57_35.png

:rotfl:"EXCUSE me? Did you just raise your voice at me? Who do you think you are?"

Aw, heck, it's not like she hasn't had sex with the DiMera brothers before.
It's a good thing that there aren't any more DiMera brothers or Abigail would be a very busy young woman. Elsewhere, even those who don't hold Bluebird in high esteem (does anyone?) might have had a bit of sympathy for her when Marlena joined her string of unwelcome visitors -- a 60ish woman demanding to know about Ms. Mason's break-up with her thirty-something son. This makes Dr. Evans the perfect role model for helicopter parent Jenny. As for poor Nicole, she really has to learn to stay out of basements. Finally, her crazed pursuer, lowlife Xander, gave a good imitation of the Energizer Bunny today -- hit over the head and punched out by Eric, and then clobbered with a chair by Nicole, but he kept on going, going, going.

So, how old is Eric? Must be at least mid 30s. If I broke up with my boyfriend at that age I would be absolutely floored if either my mother or his mother stormed over to my home and demanded to know what was going on and why we had broken up!!!!!! Egads! The boundary issues of the residents of Salem!! And Marlena, as a therapist, should know better.

...Zoe to Chad, talking about possible future articles- "...some man from Astabula" (cute nod to Freddie Smith's *Sonny's* home town).

Oh Lordy, that was either bad writing by Days or a mispronunciation. That should be Ashtabula in Ashtabula County, Ohio. It is in the far northeast corner of the state next to Erie County, Pennsylvania to the east. It is a nice place to visit Lake Erie if you want to avoid the rowdiness of Geneva On the Lake. I go to Geneva On the Lake for the wine festivals, otherwise I stick to Ashtabula for a nice relaxing day at the lake.

Thank you for that picture of Marlena. Love her expression.

So much of this show sounds like repeats from previous stories. Especially for Eric and Nicole in danger from a bad guy.

Abby and Chad aren't interesting to me in the least. I like Chad, but I don't ever want to see Abby on my tv screen.

Serena and Xander just need to be gone from Salem already.

It was a pretty good episode. I'm liking Abigail/Chad/Ben/Zoe and all that stuff right now. Some of the most exciting stuff to air lately.

I'm not too interested in Bluebird, as most of you probably know by now, but at least this was exciting today. What I CAN do without is Daniel and Marlena both being annoying and not minding their own business!! But all around, there was really good acting, and I can't believe it, but I'm actually kinda rooting for Nicole & Eric again. Still, he needs to apologize big time before I accept them as a (potential) couple.

I can do without Will and his bottle-throwing temper tantrum. Even Ciara is more mature than the Brady Brat.

Oh, it is very apparent that Will is up to no good at all. Marlena told him Dr. Meyer did have a good reputation, Will ignored her. He obviously talked to the man, promised to write him up, getting him more business or something, got Sonny to go with him, and then proceeds to gush over Dr. Meyer, when clearly, Sonny was neither impressed, or satisfied with their session.
And now we see him lie to the guy, that his mag is all thrilled with the idea of a puff piece. Ugh.

Once, just once, I'd love to see a woman knee Daniel in the family jewels for acting as if he owned her. He's literally standing in Serena's door refusing to let her leave for no other reason than she won't bow down and give him what he wants.

Eric and Nicole ❤️ So excited to see where this leads for them!

Xander rolled around on that floor as if Nicole hit him with a led pipe LOL.

DrBakerfan, I wondered myself today about another DiMera for Abby.

I laughed when Xander yelled "Here I come, Ready or Not'" like in Hide and Seek.
I wonder how many people Xander has killed. He was enjoying strangling Nicole too much.

I hope Eric's phone has a "where is he" app like Ben put on Abby's phone.

Interesting name for Eric's neighbor, Mrs Parish.. like with a church.

We heard two people say "text me" instead of "call me".

Maggie was probably on today to let Daniel know she can home
on her own. This way Daniel could start looking for Eric and Nicole.

Back