Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 21, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Wicked, weepy Wednesday. As Sonny exits Paul's hospital room, Marlena comes by, is going to check on him, Paul is doing better, is tired. She goes in, Sonny walks past the nurses' station and here comes Deimos, doing a snarky inquiry on Paul. The two have words, have words big time. Deimos does his insulting, Sonny threatens to crush him, Deimos claims to be creating something big time, will crush him back. Sonny blames Deimos for all that happened, he laughs...no proof, then starts yakking about Paul maybe dying, Sonny grabs him by the shirt, they "get tough", Deimos grabs him by face & neck, more threats, Deimos pushes Sonny onto the floor. Sonny gets up, a few more nasty words, Deimos leaves.

Chloe stands in the doorway, telling Brady & Nicole this big, long story of packing up the car, setting off on the drive to NY, thinking about Holly.....Nicole, turning around, bringing her here, home where she belongs. She goes on and on about her thoughts on taking Holly, never returning, blah, blah, blah. It takes forever but she finally, in tears, knows she was wrong to keep Holly from Nicole, who is her mother, she knows she loves her, and finally, she puts Holly into a tearful Nicole's arms. Nik is very happy, Brady thanks Chloe, is so proud of her. Chloe leaves...and goes back to her room (despite the fact she said she packed up and left town), finds a pink blanket on a chair, and begins to cry. Brady & Nicole sit on the sofa with Holly, all happy they finally have their family all together (despite no sign at all of Tate).

Dario comes into the room where Abby is sleeping, she wakes up, learns the islanders are back in town. She gets a text from Chad who wants to see her. She realizes he probably wants to see Thomas, who evidently wakes up crying. (why does he sound like a new born baby?) Dario offers to come with her, nope, better alone.He asks if she will mention them getting married, she doesn't know.

At DiMansion, Chad & Gabi are elated to be back, Rafe arrives with Ari, Gabi so happy, hugs, etc. Rafe glad to see sis, wonders why she is there, gets told about Gabi & Chad now being "together", a couple. He doesn't seem too happy, but doesn't say much, leaves.

And amazingly, Ari is now napping upstairs, while Gabi & Chad neck on the sofa. Of course cue Abby to appear w/Thomas. She observes, starts to leave, Thomas makes a noise, Chad jumps up. Gabi makes herself scarce, Abby & Chad talk. Yep, that kind of conversation where each one doesn't really tell what is going on, where each makes assumptions, draws wrong conclusions. They talk about divorce, her has not signed papers, he calls his lawyer, makes the arrangements. (not what she wanted, tho). She tells of getting married to Dario, but not the why.

Chad makes some remark about their marriage, how she walked out on theirs twice, then is suddenly marrying Dario after only a couple weeks.......unless she has been sleeping with him for a long time. She gets upset, near tears, runs out

Meanwhile, Dario is meeting up with Gabi, each telling the other about their new "partner", both surprised at what is going on in the other one's life.

Over at the cop shop, Hope gets a file on Dario, gets the lowdown on Gabi/Chad from Rafe, and set things in motion for getting Deimos.

Deimos gets a text saying the factory was raided, cops know he is the Candyman. Deimos calls someone, wearing that infamous Salem disguise of a long brimmed baseball cap, says he is going to leave town, but needs enough cash to get the Halo moving.

Sonny sits with Marlena, having a heart to heart about Paul, his feelings, how he never thought he could have those kind again, fought against it. Marlena knows Will would want him to be happy, and if there is anything they all learned from Will, it is to make every moment count, don't waste a single one.

Gabi returns to DiMansion, Chad has Thomas, Ari is fine upstairs. He lets her know the divorce is going thru now.

Dario returns to the room where Abby stands, first thing she says is, the divorce is going ahead, should be final soon, so what the heck, let's get married.

Thanks for the scoop. Aside from Nicole getting Holly this sounds like retreads of avoiding being clear about what is happening. The only thing would have made it more that way is Jade mumbling or reading her words. Someone step it up please.

So happy Chloe finally came to her senses and Nicole has her baby. Hope it lasts. Please let Nicole be happy.

I have to say Chad seems to be having a much easier time forgetting Abigail than he did forgetting Gabi. Abigail, I think is very unstable. The way she reacts to perfectly reasonable things people ask her when she's doing crazy stuff. Jen - did you forget Chad is missing? When she was wanting to quickie divorce him. And Chad - did our marriage mean anything? When she says she's marrying Dario when their divorce isn't even final!

I am hoping Hope's investigation of Dario will lead to her finding out he just need to fill out some papers. I honestly can't believe Rafe hasn't discovered that but guess he doesn't really care if his brother is deported or else he would be looking into it.

This amulet thing. Is Sonny going to have lots of bad luck? The plane rescuing them did make it home safely. Hope it won't be Paul-related. Or will Deimos steal it and then he'll have bad luck? We can only hope.

I just love circle conversations. I will catch this episode over the weekend no chance tonight.

Really Chad and Abby? Really? There was a time you two where the best thing on this show, but, now, not so much. They really ruined Abby, and that is sad.

Guess it will be Gabi's turn soon to be torn down from a strong independent woman to a sniveling, whiny, need-a-man-to-get-by, kinda gal.

So, am I supposed to feel sorry for poor Abigail? Nope. Not at all. She, like her mother used to do, is toying with everyone, all the while acting like this selfless person. If she didn't really want Chad to be with Gabi, she should have stayed. But long before that, she should not have faked her death. She made her bed, now she has to lie in it. But frankly, if she could just leave, I'd be happy. Abigail is ruined and not entertaining at all.

Sonny : While I hate Deimos, it was fun to see him call out Sonny about trying to act grown up !

Chloe, Nicole, Brady : It's about time. But wanna bet it's not gonna last ? After all, this is Nicole ! She can't be happy.

Just a few comments about today's developments.

Chloe gives Holly to Nicole: At last good news for the long-suffering Nicole, but was it really an act of altruism by Chloe or did she realize that Doll-in-Blanket would be much easier to care for?

Rafe is worried that Chad is not over Abigail: Why? The way Abigail acts, she's the kind of woman a man could get over very easily.

Sonny talks tough to Deimos: As somebody who reminds the viewers of the Big Boy hamburger kid,
he wasn't very convincing. What's he going to do -- threaten to overcook Deimos's hamburger-and-fries order?

Deimos in disguise. Wow, he was really original with that black baseball cap. Before choosing it, he should have consulted with Eric. As the sourpuss found out, this disguise isn't all that effective.

Arianna the Second. She looked very cute today. With that big white bow in her hair, she reminded me of old photos of my mother as a young girl. In old photos of little girls in the WWI era, they're always wearing bows like that.

Where the heck is Troy? Hard to believe he hasn't imparted some witty comments since his Gabi has been on...

Just for the record, Abby did not fake her death....that was courtesy of Andre, and unbeknownst to her. However, once she was made aware of it, she certainly did nothing to dispel it. Yep, in her twisted mind, she was being selfless, not a burden to her husband and child. The fact she was now a burden to her grandmother did not seem to bother her.

So now, Chad and Abby will play the blame game. You had the hots for Gabi, well you were having an affair with Dario, no, you could not make up your mind between your wife and your girlfriend, you filed for divorce without telling me...and the beat goes on and on and on.

And yes, Abby probably did not want to be "dead" any longer, which is why she came to Salem wearing that silly witch hat, her version of a disguise. Of course she wanted to be found out, why else was she at her mother's door, or sneaking into DiMansion?

Truly hope Abby finds her backbone, learns about Dario's scam scheme, and that Chad gets his personality back, and realizes what a dolt he has been to BOTH women.

Thanks, Poirot.

It was kid day in Salem. Too bad we didn't see Tater Tot.

Ari ran to get a camera to take a selfie. Did they know when they wrote the script
that today is National Selfie day?

So Abby and Chad's marriage is going be over just like that. How long will they stay away
from each other? It is Salem.

Funny to see Deimos knock Sonny down. Then he saw the amulet. I hope he
steals it :)

Nice conversation Sonny had with Marlena about Will. I wish she would have told
him to stop using the hair gel.

It was a happy day when Chloe give Holly to Nicole. I wondered why Chloe ended
up back in the hotel room since she told them she was leaving town.

unless she has been sleeping with him for a long time
Why would he even ask this? Who wrote this garbage? He's the deceptive one in the dyad, Abby's just a pathetic asylum escapee.

I need Gabi to stop. And Dario to leave.

I liked Hope's scenes today.

I was hoping Sonny would die in today's confrontation. Talk about a twist!

The timeline was all off. Marlena was at the hospital, but JJ was on the way from the airport in the following scene? Also - I would have liked to see the trade-off of Arianna from Lucas to Gabi if we were forced to endure the make-out session.

The timeline was all off. Marlena was at the hospital, but JJ was on the way from the airport in the following scene? Also - I would have liked to see the trade-off of Arianna from Lucas to Gabi if we were forced to endure the make-out session.

I'm guessing the Sonny/Marlena scenes were inserted. I don't mind casual Marlena but good grief put her in a more tailored top for work.

Why was Deimos at the hospital???

That scene where he knocked Sonny down seemed to be edited from the weekly preview. All I saw was Deimos push and then suddenly was trying to get up off the floor. Also, where was hospital security??!!

I need Chloe and Brady together as a couple immediately. Then I need Belle and Shawn back to be their besties.

Rafe and Hope function much better as friends and partners. Nothing forced just natural interaction. I enjoyed their scenes today. I also like how Hope is investigating Dario behind Rafe's back. I'm interested in Rafe's reaction when he finds out.

I need Dario to leave Salem NOW. At least Gabi had somewhat of a conscience about Chad still loving Abby? But he is just delusional.

Chad was way out of line with Abby. I need her to put both him and Gabi in their place.

I disagree about Abby and feeling sorry for her. She brought this on: "Come here, come here, go away, go away" stupidity. She shoved Chad away. Who did he save first with the poison: Abby! Who did he forgive and take back: Abby! Who did he say he wanted to be with: Abby! What has Abby been saying: I'm not good enough for you! You must hate me! I know you really want to be with Gabi! Chad denied, denied, denied and then agrees to renew wedding vows.

Who walked out on that: Abby! She had a chance to explain her approaching faux marriage but throws her hands up like "you don't understand" (which he doesn't) and runs out crying. She got what she wanted and now it is supposedly Chad and Gabi's fault.

At this point, marry Dario and both go on an extended honeymoon. Don't bother coming back. Just send postcards. You won't be missed. Sheesh what a mess they have made of a once loved character.

Last edited:
Incredible, earth-shattering, full-front-page headline news: "Wealthy Salem, Illinois Man Instructs His Attorney to Give His Short-Term Divorcing Wife 'Anything She Wants!' Husband's Family Makes Emergency Move to Have Him Committed."

For what it's worth, I really liked Nicole's hair when it was cut short. :)

Me, too, A Guy on Nicole's short hair.

Chad pulled a huge Boo Boo when he told Abby he had feelings for Gabi, in addition to feelings for his wife. His waffling, and "running into" Gabi constantly is what caused Abby to finally throw in the towel. Yep, she was stupid as well, but who the blazes wants a husband to be yearning after another woman, one who is constantly in their faces?

Oh, he gave antidote to wife first, but kept looking over to Gabi, saving half for her. What if splitting that antidote had resulted in both women dying as not having enough.

And then there was the stripping down in the meat locker. Give me a break. You can huddle together to keep warm, but clothes HELP...

Gad, I hate all of this.

I think Abby & Chad would have had plenty of problems after she returned from the dead, without throwing Gabi in. I really detest all this spin the bottle with the couples.

I completely agree that Chad messed up by telling Abby he had feelings for Gabi. There is a difference between honesty and unnecessary cruelty. The idea that one has to be honest with their mate has been distorted. Telling another person every thought and feeling sometimes serves no purpose but to hurt the other person and complicate matters. Hasn't Chad ever seen that commercial on tv where people are saying what they truly think? Or the silly movie--I think it was maybe Jim Carey, I never watched it, just saw parts, but he had to always tell the truth, no matter what. No, I'm not taking up for Abby. I agree with Poirot. This whole thing is a mess. I don't like any of it.

Back