Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 29, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, June 29, 2016

At last some story movement, as we buzz around town. Over at Shady Hills, Chad is reaming out the head honcho because his wife is missing. The man protests, as, in the background, there stands Ciara, holding a file folder, wearing a navy blue uniform. She comes up, tries to get Chad to calm down, come sit down. No way, as he continues yelling how they were supposed to be helping her, watching her, and yet she vanished.

JJ comes in, no trace of her, but he quietly tells Chad that they know Abby started the fire, have video footage of her lighting accellerant. That if Abby is found, she will be sent downstate. Chad quiets down, both go to DiMansion.

JJ talks of having found something, it is in a brown envelope (did not see what it was, but am guessing it is either her mask, or hand bandages) and was in a barn at a farm. She must have spent the night there. Chad is beside himself, had searched the entire house himself when he found Abby was missing. JJ asks about the tunnels, they go to check those. When they return, JJ will send a team to search all the rest, but Chad says no, he will see to that. Later, with JJ gone, Chad is on the phone with someone, talking of reporting only to him, that from now on, there is just one search going on.

Brady comes to see Maggie, to tell her how Summer has been conning them from Day 1, and how they both may be at risk. Maggie is getting upset, Summer comes in, was going to tell Maggie the truth, but she already knows. Summer claims ever so sincerely, that she was worried that Clark was going to spoil what Summer was trying to do, get her life back on track. "I swear...he took the money, and left. I have no idea where he is, have not seen him since". She loves both Brady & Maggie, knows they don't believe her, but she does. She leaves, Maggie gets tearful, Brady comforts her, as Victor walks in. Uh, oh.

Earlier, a harried Theresa is on the phone with Anne, moaning about having had only 6 hrs. sleep in the past week, wanting Anne to get something done. Nanny Emma comes in with Tate, Theresa is ranting until she realizes Tate is there, stops, and in a nice voice is talking to Tate, he is up early. maybe Emma can tell me when she brings you in a room so Mommy doesn't sound like a B word. To Emma, remember that in the future, your job depends on it. Jeannie T decides to take Tate for a walk, despite being so tired. She gets to a bench, parks the buggy next to her, Tate is snoozing, grabs her tablet, starts studying something, nods off a bit. (probably about 10 seconds). A man's hand grabs the buggy handle, then Victor's voice is asking if this is how she takes care of her son. Theresa is awake, alert, and snarling at Victor, assuring him that no one would have taken Tate, she would not let that happen, and if he had tried, he would be down on the ground, a dead man. He snarks it is good to know she would have no qualms about killing him.

At home now, Victor realizes whatever the problem that has upset Maggie, it has to be Maggie. He crows about how no one believes him, but now they realize he was right all along. Brady gets ticked, Vic doesn't have to do the "I told you so", they argue about Brady bringing Summer to Salem, should have let her drown. Brady did what he thought Daniel would have wanted. Daniel is dead, replies Victor. Brady leaves, Maggie is trying to call someone to take her to a meeting. Vic will drive her, NO. She doesn't want him to. He talks of just wanting to protect his family, that he loves her so much, he always wants to protect her from anyone who tries to hurt her. Maggie tearfully retorts, "Even if the person hurting me is YOU"?

Andre & Kate are having breakfast he made, a true English one. She wants to know what exactly it is he wants. He finally admits that he made a deal with someone, one that requires him to do something, and he needs cash. Kate asks who the someone is, and what is the deal. He cannot tell her, but since she has the cash, & the right connections, he can promise her his loyalty and support...with his intuition telling him she will be needing both soon.

Summer is hurrying thru the square, Janet spots her, stops her, figures Summer knows more about Clark than she has said. Summer denies this, told her she doesn't know where he is, and hurries off. She comes in her room, and sees a satchel on her bed. She opens it, full of money, a white sheet of paper, evidently explaining or telling her to do something.

Brady comes home to the waiting Theresa, who has to tell him something, he has something to tell her as well. Yes, he just left Victor, but what happened? She realizes Victor has not told Brady, so now says she ran into Victor, they had a big fight. About what? About me, what else.

Chloe answers her door, gets surprised to see Nicole, who drove all the way out there, after getting all these calls & messages from her. Wanted to see for herself. Is it Parker? No...and Nicole spots Deimos coming into the room. She is shocked, he is alive, what is he doing here. Chloe explains a bit, Parker shows up, wants to go back to Jason's house, so they can play. He spies Nicole, hugs, glad to see her, wants her to stay. Chloe leaves to go talk to Jason's mom.

And now Deimos & Nicole talk, argue, rehash. She tells of what kate has done, how she is accused of murder, Kate's cell phone video, the marriage documents. He really doesn't seem too willing to return to Salem to get her cleared. He is talking of offering her the ring, etc. she claims that because she did not want to sit in a house, waiting for him to leave Kate for a while and come see her. He denies that intention, would never do that to her.

They go back and forth on this...the upshot being that he realized she was beginning to have feelings for him. She was changing. And he knew he had to leave Helena in the past, and wanted to have a life with her....not with Kate. He tells her he knows she only wanted love, a family, and how she was trying to change herself because of it. And he, all he really wanted was love. She is getting upset that he is not agreeing to return to Salem with her, but he finally says he will, on one condition. More arguing, more back & forth - yes, he talks about nearly dying, how it changed his outlook, no more at odds with Victor, etc. etc. - and finally he tells her his condition. That she tell him how she really feels about all this, about him. Chloe has come back, is outside the door, hears him saying how since Nicole was honest with him, he will go back to Salem with her.

Loved how Parker was so excited to see Nicole.

Interesting that Andre and Kate have the same person helping them but they don't know that.

Theresa falling asleep was kinda a dud. I'm glad Tater Tot didn't get kidnapped but shouldn't have even been a spoiler.

So Deimos just had sex with Chloe, asked her to come away with him and now he's trying to get a commitment from Nicole. I think this may put a damper on their friendship.

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post directly above your own post - JS

Ha ha. Did you really ask about "sleeps"? They started several years ago, methinks!

I only caught the 2nd half. So is JJ also a sudden detective now even though he was in uniform last week? Where the heck is Shawn? And where is Jennifer? Abigail left on Friday and they are only picking this up today? Not good.

I have no words for the Nicole/Deimos/Chloe stuff. Deimos was in love with Helena, not Nicole. 2 different women. Yet he acts as if Nicole was the great love of his life. And can we please go 1 episode without a Saint Daniel mention?

Hopefully the paper Summer found is proof that she is not Maggie's kid. She has been on EVERY day this week.

Meanwhile…. Are Steve and Kayla still in California with Joe? Does Gabi still live in Salem? Where is Belle? Is this show unable to air more than 8 characters per episode?

Last edited:
Question: How can you tell when Summer is really lying? Answer: When whatever she says is preceded by "I swear." Speaking of the psycho mermaid, perhaps the worst part of this remarkably stupid story line was watching Maggie weep bitter tears over the departure of a con artist who'd just looked her in the face and lied. Over at Chloe's place, Deimos seemed strangely unmotivated about going back to Salem and making sure the woman who left him to die in the Salem River crashes and burns. Instead, he's more concerned about how Nicole feels about him. Only in Salem. Finally, Victor's snark directed at Jeannie T. is getting more than tiresome, but "hopped-up gun moll" was a good line.

I really wanted Chad to turn to Ciara and say "will you just shut up!"

So, Brady and Maggie already knew Summer was a con, Brady paid Clark because But mer owed him (no, not for the true reasons but close enough), I'm not seeing the wow factor here. Now if Brady knew Summer killed Clark, or that she is lying about being Maggie's daughter, or even if he found out she kept the money, then yes run her out of town, and Maggie disown her. Don't get me wrong, I am overjoyed she is leaving, I just think they could of given a little more meat to this "discovery".

Great follow up on the Steve and Kayla storyline!! :sarcasm:

Last edited:
When I first started watching I saw Victor as kind of a semi-lovable old curmudgeon who was quick with the occasional quip. But now he really is just toxic. Whenever I see him the theme from "Murder She Wrote" plays in my head LOL. I don't think that's going to happen but I do think Victor is lucky that he lives in Salem and not Cabot Cove or he else he would have been a goner by now. LOL

Like Heather I really have no words about the Nicole/Deimos/Chloe situation. Other then to point out that its clear that Deimos doesn't just live by the old World concept of Vendetta but also by the adage: "If you can't be with the one you love then love the one you're with."

When I first heard about the "twisted friendship" that was going to develop between Kate and Andre my first reaction was "I'll pass." But I have to confess that I do not find their scenes unwatchable like I thought I would. Indeed I find they actually have kind of a morbid fascination about them. It's kind of like looking at a train wreck or traffic accident.

I am glad to see JJ involved in search Abigail and just figured the reason why he wasn't in uniform was because he wasn't on duty. I definitely thought as Abigail's friend even though their relationship is now off screen that Gabi could have been involved as well. But I've decided that she took Sonny up on his offer to fly her and Ari to Paris on a Titan jet. So they are visiting him. No nothing like that has been stated on the show so I decided to just make that up because that's the only explanation for their absence I am willing to buy. LOL
'

Last edited:
So Deimos just had sex with Chloe, asked her to come away with him and now he's trying to get a commitment from Nicole. I think this may put a damper on their friendship.
Chloe married Nicole's first husband, and Nicole reciprocated by almost marrying Chloe's third husband, so I wouldn't think it matters to them at this point.

Hmmmmm, so I'm wondering. Are we to expect a pairing of Nicole and Deimos to become a couple falling in love, maybe get married, them WHAM! Chloe announces she expecting and the only candidate is Deimos?

Yadda, yadda, yadda, same ol', same ol'.

Last edited:
Chloe married Nicole's first husband, and Nicole reciprocated by almost marrying Chloe's third husband, so I wouldn't think it matters to them at this point.
Haha I did think about Daniel, forgot about Lucas. They have slept with a lot the same people. But I'm sure it will still be an issue, this is a soap and they will probably bring up all the past. :rotfl:

Thanks, Poirot.

July sweeps starts tomorrow.

You can tell there is change in the writing staff especially with Victor. He's been really nasty this week.

And I think they're trying to fix Deimos too. So far, Chloe hasn't told Nicole why Deimos was there
and the reason is they dated before.

It's been awhile since we've seen Nanny Emma and it's a new actress.

So Theresa fell asleep and instead of Tate getting kidnapped she was yelled at by Victor.

Nice to see Parker today. I loved his shirt with the "S" on it.

Daniel is dead
Really? One wouldn't know it from the 6 months of story his character has propelled.
Hopefully the paper Summer found is proof that she is not Maggie's kid. She has been on EVERY day this week.

Meanwhile…. Are Steve and Kayla still in California with Joe? Does Gabi still live in Salem? Where is Belle? Is this show unable to air more than 8 characters per episode?
Word, word, and word up on all these comments.
Whenever I see him the theme from "Murder She Wrote" plays in my head LOL. I don't think that's going to happen but I do think Victor is lucky that he lives in Salem and not Cabot Cove or he else he would have been goner by now. LOL
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'll pass on the Psycho Mermaid, the Poker Swinger, the Coke Addict, and the Misanthropic Pauper, but I'll be checking out the Deimos/Nicole scenes. I've still got a sore neck from the sudden change in Deimos' character, but he's been a straight shooter (even if a dirty dealer) and the actor is phenomenal. And it gives Nicole something to do that doesn't involve the late Orange Menace. And maybe this time next year, we can get a Deimos/Nicole baby.

I like how Chad is going all DiMera to protect Abby. That's the Chad we know and love. I think I'll also check out the André and Kate scenes, but I'll be pretending André is Andreas, a half-DiMera, half-Kiriakis cousin (whom I just made up) who just happens to look like Stefano's son that had surgery to look like Stefano's not son. :)

Back