Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 8, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The show today features Hope and Bo throughout, both in nearly every single scene. Hope is happy to see Bo, who says an advantage to being on "this side" is I can can help at any time. She is upset, does he know what happened. Yes, he does. He gives her a pep talk about the strong person she was, the person she needs to get back, the one who is her, who is always there. There are several flashbacks to when they were young, Bo/Hope lovers will love the big kissing booth scene, there is one where he wants to take her for a ride on the motorcycle, she won't go, and yet another, with her on the back of the bike, out in the country (they evidently are married now) where he talks of honeymoon, and is taking her to where a huge hot air balloon is moored. Back in real time, Bo wants her to remember that person, and wants to leave there take her out in the world. She talks of what a good man Rafe is, a wonderful partner, always has her back, how much she loved Bo, but that she did fall in love with Aiden, never thought she would love anyone again. Bo now tries to take her into the world.

Only the door won't open for her. He opens it, there stands Larry Welch, grinning from ear to ear, wanting a drink. He strides inside, helping himself. She asks what he is doing there, he is a bit cynical, talking of the the weak woman she was. She argues that she got him, he deserved it, she got rid of him. Now she wants him out. He replies that she is more lethal than he ever was, that she took a gun, shot a man, and let someone else do her time for it. He is gone, Hope is devastated, she did do that, flashing back to when she killed Stefano.

And now Stef appears, Bo is there all the time, listening to all. Stefano says she may have killed him, but she will never be rid of him, never. Hope is talking of giving herself up, confessing. Bo reminds her that she goes to Roman.....and both he & Rafe would lose their jobs, and be suffering for it. Plus their children would be left just dividing up the assets, trying to decide who gets the toaster, the one you have to push down twice. She doesn't want that, now tells Stefano that nothing is going to bring him back, but he does have a son, a grandchild, she had children & a grandchild as well. She promises that she will look out for Chad, just as she will her own children. Stefano accepts that, "watch out for my son". He vanishes.

Now Bo tells her there is still someone else for her to see, the door opens, this handsome young man comes in......Hi, Mom. She turns, ...."Zack". She is hugging him, holding him, so happy to see him, has thought of him every single day, he is always in her heart. She is a bit tearful, talks about when he died, she thought she would never get up again....flashback to her talking to her dead son. She is talking of taking care of Shawn & Ciara, but Zack is telling her they are gown adults. They only need to know she is there, is o.k. They love her and want her to be happy, to live her life, let them live theirs. More hugs, he has to go now.

Hope goes to the door, it won't open. She tells Bo there isn't anything else. But he opens the door, and there stands another Hope. Smiling. Hope turns to Bo, so this means the only left now is me, right. Yes. They go back inside, Hope does some talking. She talks of how she let Bo down, didn't look for him, believed he abandoned them, when she knew he never would do that, he is arguing with her, not her fault, they made her believe he did and in a way he did abandon them. He should have told her of the 2nd mission. But nothing she did would have prevented the brain tumor or him dying of it, and she herself could have died while looking. Hope decides she is going to be that strong person. Bo is encouraging, she has to LIVE, go out and live her life. As she talks of being strong, making choices, not being indecisive, Bo is going Yes, Yes. It is time for him to go, she doesn't want to let him leave. She has always loved him.

No, No, he cannot go yet, she wants one more dance, please give her that. He smiles, the music begins....they dance...as "Tonight, I Celebrate My Love" plays and is sung. When it ends, he kisses her, and is gone.

Hope wakes up on the sofa, looks around, smiles a bit. She jumps up, grabs her glasses, puts them on, grabs her purse, takes one more look around the room, opens the door, turns out the light, shuts and locks the door.....and hurries away.

she had children & a grandchild as well.
I'm shocked that she remembers she has a grandchild. She probably doesn't realize it's "Ciara's little friend". :rolleyes:

they dance...as "Tonight, I Celebrate My Love" plays and is sung.
Wow, I'm also shocked the show ponied up the cash to play this song.

Gotta say, when the music began to play, it startled me, as I thought it was going to the usual ....(my CC usually says things like, suspenseful music, romantic music, ) I was just watching them, and said aloud......that is THEIR song, oh, my gosh.

I hope most of you get to see this, well done, well written (in my opinion) If I had the capability of recording the show, I would watch this again. Do miss Days being on POP.

Not that I really care, because I do want to watch this show, but why was Zack aged? Was it because as a toddler he couldn't communicate as clearly? It just seems odd. I've never lost a child so I don't know, do you think about what they would look like as they would have grown?

What an amazing episode.

Hope's "reunion" with Zack made me tear up. Sadly, I know too many people who have lost children and I kept imagining them reuniting with their deceased children.

Hearing the original "Tonight I Celebrate My Love" was awesome! Due to them probably breaking the piggy-bank on that song, we'll be seeing HTS daily for the next 18 months, since they won't be able to afford to assemble other sets. LOL

Not that I really care, because I do want to watch this show, but why was Zack aged? Was it because as a toddler he couldn't communicate as clearly? It just seems odd. I've never lost a child so I don't know, do you think about what they would look like as they would have grown?
I commented on this in the spoiler thread about Zack's upcoming appearance. I guess with a deceased child character, they have leeway to either show them still as a little kid, sort of "frozen in time" or grown up, as they would be had they lived. The Gray triplets (who last played Zack) still look pretty young, so I guess they wanted Zack to look older than Ciara.

Here's a fairly recent picture of the Gray triplets (with their big sister):

17831_9954_me.jpg

Many of those who have lost a child, talk about "he/she would be 9 today, sweet 16, 21...etc. So, having Zack aged did not bother me at all, in fact I appreciated that he came in as older than Ciara. Actually, I liked the actor.......Maybe they can find a good spot for him on the show. How about JT......all grown up...?? LOL

UPDATE: this episode is as great as the Jack & Jen one!

It allowed we Days fans loved this couple not only to grieve Bos death but the life-restricting impact upon Hope. I cried when she saw Zack. And I really cried when their song played to their last dance. Just loved the entire show.

This writer understands love/grief so I hope she is given more leeway to write for our couples.

As one who has lost a child I understood Hope's words & reactions. I always remember him at the age he passed when thinking of heaven. His father thinks of him grown when in heaven.

Peter Reckell as Bo gave another moving performance.

Kudos Days!!!

I'm of two minds on this episode. First off I want to make it clear that I DID like it. It was great to see Bo and Hope together even if it was only a dream. I always knew of them of course but I didn't watch when these two were in their prime. What can I say? I had a misspent youth I guess. Anyway I could definitely see the magic. The flashbacks were great and it's always a bit jarring to see just how young Kristian Alfonso was when she started playing Hope. The "reunion" scenes with Zack were very touching. There is a lot to love here.

But on the other hand I still had the nagging question in the back of mind which was is this REALLY necessary? The reason why I say that is Hope has been in the forefront for months now. I'm not saying that's a good thing or bad thing that's just the way it is. So I'm not sure Hope really needed an entire episode devoted just to her. I just kind of wish that if they continue to do these single focused episodes that they would choose characters that might have the spotlight on them. I guess I'll just have to continue to wait patiently for the Gabi-centered one.

Uproarious laughter erupts.

What? Why are you all laughing like that? I'm being totally serious.

*Looks out to see people rolling on the ground with tears in their eyes from laughing so hard. Pleas of "Stop please our sides can't take it!"*

Even though I'm not really a Bo/Hope fan, he was with Carly and then Billie when I started, I did enjoy today's show. Flashbacks are always funny. Man Bo had a lot of hair. :rotfl:I am not familiar at all with the Larry Welch story. But the things he said to her were true. She did kill a man in cold blood. Was nice to see Stefano again. And I did like that Hope said to him "you wanted Aiden to kill me".

I kinda think Zack should have been the age he was when he died but I can see why they aged him. Wouldn't get much out of a what 5-6 year old? I don't remember how old he was. I hope Hope has worked through her issues and if they aren't going to let her and Aiden be happy then i hope she decides to take some time, step away from Rafe and they bring in someone new for her.

I, of course, am hoping for an Aiden reunion. I was hoping they would end it with them dancing and Bo vanishing and her being alone, then she wakes up. Her walking out just seemed a little weird to me. Overall it was a very nice episode.

This was every thing that I was wanting when the spoiler came out about this episode. I really liked the part with Stefano. It showed his love for Chad, and it was like a truce between Hope and him. My old heart skipped a beat at seeing Bo!! I had tears in my eyes at the scene with Zack. But I cried at Bo and Hope dancing one last time.:cry:

These stand alone episodes are good. Isn't this the third one? Abby, Jennifer, and now Hope. It shows there are some talented writers at Days.

Very touching episode. I had many moments where I was in need of the tissues. Loved the flashbacks. I didn't watch back then but I always appreciate the historical perspective when Days or any other soap can go back several decades to show clips and relate it back to the present. That's what makes soaps and soap actors/characters such a unique and iconic aspect of television.

I liked the scenes with Larry if only for the fact that it was a nice comical relief and he sort of acted as Hope's conscience re: killing Stefano. So far in real life only Andre has called her out for her illicit acts so it's nice to see someone else do it too.

It was nice to see Zack and I can sort of understand why they decided to go with another actor in the part. I think they wanted someone who looked slightly older than Ciara but certainly younger than Shawn. Also, I know it doesn't always matter, but a brunette Zack works better than a blonde Zack which apparently the previous actors are still. However, for continuity sake, I almost would have preferred one of the triplets in the part today. I loved the look between Zack and Bo while he was embracing his mother. My only complaint was that the writing during these scenes was rather repetitive. I think Zack said the same thing about 3 times over.

The Stefano scenes were just alright. I think Joe Mascolo (Stefano) only had about 4 lines or so but I kept seeing his eyes veer off to the side like he was looking for prompts or cue cards. I understand he's probably not doing great health-wise given his age and perhaps has problems with memorizing lines at this point but it sort of distracts from the scene.

Now, let me just say, while the episode was good, I agree with Troy's sentiments. I really don't know that it was necessary as a stand alone especially since the show has been so focused on Hope for the better part of a year now. I'm ready for a break.

I enjoyed the episode. I cried when they danced to their song. I'm glad they paid the extra
money so they could.

I enjoyed the flashbacks. I wish we could have seen the one with Larry when he found
Howie in the wedding dress. That day, I started laughing before he knew who was in it,
somehow I knew.

I laughed when Hope promised Stefano she would watch over Chad. She better hurry,
because Ciara already is :)

Hopefully, Hope will be better now. She hasn't been the same since Bo died.

I loved this episode, am also someone who began watching when neither Bo nor Hope were on the show. Robert Kelker Kelly was on playing Bo, who started up with Billie then........Peter Reckell returned and took over the role again, but Hope was off the show for 4 or 5 years at that time.
While Hope has had a lot of airtime of late, there WAS a time before that you rarely saw her. But I think this was the show's way of gifting the viewers with the 3 vets who appeared, and they used her inability to sort out her feelings, to make a decision about all that happened, to deal with her guilt over killing Stefano, involving others in a coverup...all of it. Just as Ciara has not wanted to really deal with what happened to her......remember she did not tell anyone at first, then would not see Marlena, acted out, party girl, and all that.

Aiden's stand alone was necessary, so we knew what happened to him, why he wasn't dead, though I still want to know how he managed to get home with no money.....and what he is using for money now. LOL

I also loved Jen's addiction one, as we got to have Jack back, and Jennifer finally admitted to herself she had a problem. Plus Lucas got to shine as well.

And in this case, Hope perhaps will have cleared her muddled mind, become the strong, self sufficient woman who was able to handle all that came her way that she once was.

Having Zack there was such a wonderful touch, the dance was just masterful. Hope woke up knowing she was fine, that she was going to be able to do whatever it is, and will face it with confidence.

Back