Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 8, 2016

I must say I do enjoy these stand alone episodes. When that song came on I was shocked. I only used to watch this show spastically in those days but remember that was their song. It always irritated me that whenever this couple came back together they would not play this song. (You know, continuity). Does anyone else get the impression that they are trying to correct all these abrupt storyline endings and cast leavings, the way everyone seems to be coming back one way or another. They can't change history, :confused:(well actually they can and do) but I guess I have to give the writers credit for trying to fix some things.:clap:

It always irritated me that whenever this couple came back together they would not play this song.
The cost of using licensed music now prevents the soaps from using old songs that we all know and love. It's not like the old days when they could use a popular love song from the radio for peanuts. That's why they use music from unknown artists because it's either free (in exchange for the publicity) or cheap.

I guess I'll just have to continue to wait patiently for the Gabi-centered one.
Hang with me while I wait for the Lucas-centred one. LOL
I kept seeing his eyes veer off to the side like he was looking for prompts or cue cards.
I had been noticing that his last few months on the show, too. It is distracting. Sometimes he made it look natural, like he was pensive - other times - I was wondering, "Who just came in the room!?"
I always appreciate the historical perspective when Days or any other soap can go back several decades to show clips and relate it back to the present. That's what makes soaps and soap actors/characters such a unique and iconic aspect of television.
As the kids say, "THIS." :clap::clap::clap:

There's little left to say about this unusual and well-done episode, but it was good to see Hope face up to the fact that she murdered Stefano and reveal that it left her with serious guilt feelings. Too many people in movies and TV shows kill a person or persons and never look back. It was also good to see Bo Brady acting like a loving husband instead of breaking and entering or threatening to "take apart" people. Dream Zack should stick around. Maybe he could talk some sense to his little sister and the rest of the awful teen set. As for Joseph Mascolo, it's always good to see him as Dream Stefano. The man is a real professional. Finally, the Horton Cabin raccoons must have been pleased when Hope left after waking from her dream-filled nap. They must have been fearing some tacky tryst or emergency table-top operation.

Finally, the Horton Cabin raccoons must have been pleased when Hope left after waking from her dream-filled nap. They must have been fearing some tacky tryst or emergency table-top operation.
mVu3VgS.jpg

Now that Nicole is in big trouble, I wonder when her stand alone episode, with dream Dan, will happen?

Please don't give them ideas! LOL!

I'm late to the party here but add me to the list of people who loved this episode. I kept it on my DVR. I liked that this episode seemed to tie up a lot of loose ends we've all been complaining about since November. Most notably, the fact that she did and probably does love Aiden, and the Bo closure.

SHOCKED that Hope mentioned she had CHILDREN and a GRANDCHILD! Bravo!

I actually didn't see the need for Larry though he was funny. Good to see Stefano.

I started crying the minute Zack walked in until the end. The only thing that would have made the scene better would have been Shawn and Ciara actually in it instead of being discussed. Even if they were just in the background with Bo. Since it's Hope's dream, why wouldn't she dream about her entire family being together? I saw no issue with Hope dreaming that Zack was aged. That seems realistic to me. Great actor and he does resemble his siblings.

The dance to their song was just everything. Amazing!

On another note, why would the Horton cabin have a large photo of Maggie without Mickey or their girls in it?

The Stefano scenes were just alright. I think Joe Mascolo (Stefano) only had about 4 lines or so but I kept seeing his eyes veer off to the side like he was looking for prompts or cue cards. I understand he's probably not doing great health-wise given his age and perhaps has problems with memorizing lines at this point but it sort of distracts from the scene.

I assumed he was looking back and forth between Hope and Bo, although the conversation was clearly just for Hope. It seemed a little strange, but I can also see how it would be natural to look at both people there as you are speaking. But who knows, that's just what it looked like to me!

I assumed he was looking back and forth between Hope and Bo, although the conversation was clearly just for Hope. It seemed a little strange, but I can also see how it would be natural to look at both people there as you are speaking. But who knows, that's just what it looked like to me!

I thought the same thing you did, guilty pleasure. I didn't get to watch this episode until a couple of hours ago so having read all the comments, I was paying attention to see if Stefano appeared to be looking off somewhere. I didn't get the feeling he was, except it seemed to me that a few times he seemed to look back and forth between Hope and Bo while he was talking. It didn't seem unusual to me. But as you said, we each have our own perceptions.

Wonderful episode. While I've been feeling that Hope has been on-screen too much lately, I liked this one. I used to be a Bo & Hope back in 2011-2012 (though I also liked him and Carly). Really enjoyed all the scenes with the vets, and Zack. Hopefully we get more episodes of this quality, stand-alone or otherwise. And hopefully the real Hope returns to grace our screens.

Back