Days of Our Lives - Wed., Mar. 18, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Another stellar performance from Judi Evans, as Adrienne confronts Justin about their marital problems. He wants her to tell him what is going on with Sonny & Will, but she refuses to discuss Sonny's marital difficulties until they discuss their own. Justin admits he has been bedding Elsa, and then, adding insult to injury, also admits he is going back to Dubai, will continue bedding Elsa until this "deal" is a done. Adrienne is in tears, they are rolling down her cheeks as she tells him off about expecting her to be the good little wife, waiting at home for him with open arms despite all this. At one point, she slaps him, as Justin makes no excuses except this deal. She asks if that is the kind of lawyer he is, unable to get a job done without having sex with Elsa., but says they had troubles before this. But she should be used to it, has dealt with it before. She is very upset, he now has to leave, says he will be in touch. She doesn't think he should bother. When he is gone, she twists her wedding rings, tears running down her face.

Tori calls Paul, is he ready. Yep, nearly all packed up. He hangs up, answers the door to find John, all excited about the fund raising promo flyers he had made up, the big response they are getting, how excited the kids are. He sees the luggage (Tori is now outside the door, conveniently left slightly open), Paul notes he is leaving for San Francisco, John hopes he will be back in time, keeps talking about the kids. Asks Paul to put his trip off a few days for some promo pics in the square with kids. Paul agrees, John leaves, Tori hides, then bursts into Paul's room, scolding him for it all, they have to leave TODAY. He protests since it is good cause, kids depending on him. Changes his shirt, and off he goes.

Lucas is with Will, wanting to know exactly what Will is up to. Will claims to be doing research on another article, goes on and on about Tori, and Lucas pulls him into reality, asking if that article is more important than fixing his marriage, which is how this all started. Will starts blathering about how huge this is, but won't explain to Lucas, who again reads him a riot act. Someone at the door, tis John, coming to see Will, all excited about the flyers, Paul helping out, etc. Lucas has gone to get Arianna, comes out, Will is dashing out, remembered something, will Lucas stay with Arianna. He dashes out, leaving John & Lucas playing with Ari, lol.
Will dashes over to Paul's apartment, pounding on the door. Tori answers, Paul is not there. Will shows her the flyer, said she was supposed to get Paul to leave. She tried, he was all packed, but then this came up. He wasn't going to disappoint the kids. Will thinks Paul is just using this excuses, so he will be here when Sonny returns. He warns her to get Paul out of town, or he is going to tell Paul the real reason she never wantged him to come.....because his father is here.

In the hospital, replay of Brady waking up, vowing he took no drugs. Daniel leaves to get the prelim report. A nurse comes to get vitals on Brady, Melanie slips out. Daniel is in his office when Maggie arrives. She is worried, Daniel cannot tell her anything, but right now Brady is fine. They go to see Brady, who gives permission for Daniel to give the results with Maggie present. Dr. Dan tells him he was out with a powerful tranquilizer, (don't fall over now folks...this is a miracle that follows). They found a mark in his neck where the tranquilizer was given...and that is not all. Seems that blood was drawn, discovered by the nurse who drew some for the tests. He has had blood draw marks in both arms. Dan already notified the police. Abe arrives, went over the room where Brady was found. They discovered his empty wallet. Daniel figures it was made to look like a robbery. Everyone is puzzled. Brady wonders if one of his ex-contacts followed him home perhaps?? No one can come up with a plausible reason for the blood draw.

Theresa & Clint are still making out on the sofa, she realizes his one arm is busy elsewhere (he has grabbed the hypo) asks what he is doing, he ditches the hypo, grabs a condom, hold it up. She laughs, they go at it again. Next they are rolling around in the bed, and there is pounding on the door, Theresa ignore, but then tells Clint she will get rid of whoever, answers to find an irate Melanie, who is talking non-stop at disgusting Theresa and what she did to Brady. Theresa has no idea what she is talking about, and out comes half naked Clint. Melanie stops dead, tells Theresa she thought she had a new boyfriend, not the old one. Theresa fawns all over Clint for a bit, but Melanie has had enough, and she is outta there, going to the hospital. Theresa realizes Brady is in the hospital, and storms around the room, yapping about Mel. They pour some wine, but don't drink, she is starving, sends him for sandwiches.
After he is gone, she tries to call the hospital, gets nowhere on info about Brady, since she is not family. She sips her wine, telling herself she doesn't really care about Brady at all. Clint has the sandwiches, calls Mandrake, has what he wanted from Brady, it is on ice. So far, unable to get what they want from Theresa, but now cops etc are involved since they know Brady was hit with a tranquilizer, so he will try another tactic with Theresa. He will keep her so busy and preoccupied, she won't know what hit her.

In the square, John, Paul, 3 kids are kidding around, laughing, joking, readying for the photos. One kid wants his baseball autographed, (Paul does have a great smile, must say) John grabs the 2 boys and girl on his lap, everyone is laughing as Paul sits down with them. And there is Sonny. Very solemn, walking up, not saying anything. Paul spots him, his smile fades.

Paul is doing John a favor and helping the kids and Will is all "forget the kids, get out of town". (paraphrasing of course) :rotfl:

I'm holding on to hope that Justin's affair either didn't happen () OR it was unfortunately part of a bigger plan that involves Adrienne and their family since he alludes to things happening once the deal was over. What type of deal? I don't think Justin would just sleep with another woman for the sake of a business deal. Something bigger must be at play here or I'm expecting too much from the former writers.

That Peter Blake mention today by Roman now has me completely baffled waffling between John or Peter being Paul's dad. I wonder if DAYS is setting it up to lead us to believe John is the father and then completely stun us with Peter being Paul's dad making him a Dimera after all.

Thanks for the summary, Poirot. Wow, today sounds really good! I'll have to go back and watch the Judi Evans (Adrienne) scenes later! I loved her acting the other day when she yelled at Will for his behavior. I'm also loving the storyline with Paul, not counting bratty Will. But it's so nice to see so many vets all over the show today--Abe, John, Lucas, Justin, Adrienne. Great.

And even the Brady and Theresa thing today wasn't bad.

Wow, what a mixed bag today!!

Will, Melanie - please go somewhere and cease living.

Paul - wow never thought I'd be able to actually like scenes with this guy, but his scenes with John and the kids were terrific. (Salem needs more kids after losing 3, right?)

Sonny wandering in at the end was...weird.

Loved Justin/Adrienne's scenes, except the admission of infidelity. GRRRRRR...very well acted, though. (I'll give it a pass if Elsa makes an appearance played by Nancy Lee Grahn [on-again, off-again love interest of Wallace Kurth's character on GH], LOL.)

Melanie and Jeannie T's scenes are too much. It's like their dialogue comes right out of Soaps for Dummies or something. Everything is overly dramatic, not played for realism at all. Total fast-forward material in my opinion.

WOW they mentioned the Salem Spectator (paper) and Peter Blake? Do we have a new contender for "Who's Paul's Daddy?"???????

And, Daniel actually found Brady's puncture wound on his neck. I thought that would drag on forever.

I was surprised to hear they found the puncture wound, too!
While I do not like the subject of Justin and Adrienne's turmoil, it had produced some fabulous acting! I really didn't think the affair with Elsa was true, that was a real bummer.

I also liked the John and Paul baseball scenes! Tori's freak outs are annoying.

Melanie and Theresa are getting old, well Melanie bugs me more - like yesterday when she was telling Theresa off - she practically had to list everything that happened between Theresa and Brady AGAIN.

Maggie looked nice today and if I was her I would be freaking out about someone breaking into the K - mansion!!!!

Will is such a jerk....I almost want to start a facebook fan page for those who dislike him. We haven't seen Will's Sami side much since he never had relationship issues. Sami was obsessed with Austin which drove her to blackmail Kate. Same thing is being relived with Will blackmailing Tori.

Peter Blake-DiMera that'd be interesting if he was really Paul's father. Peter was around during Maison Blanche and with Kristen's return might be something to see. I'd actually love for Peter to return and shack up with Eve so once again Jennifer can obsess over Eve having yet another of her exs.

Adrienne did good today. Somehow I feel Justin never had a affair, but it may be a love triangle between Lucas/Adrienne/Justin since I am sure Adrienne will be comforted by Lucas. Maybe it involves Justin's ex wives or Steve? who knows?

It was a day of miracles, wishful thinking, a cheater getting skewered, slimy behavior that might make even Stefano gag, and a few remarkable revelations. The miracles were University Hospital actually finding puncture marks -- has the place finally hired some competent people?? The wishful thinking was Abe saying that the Salem P.D. would "get to the bottom" of the Brady situation. If it does, it will be a Salem first. As for the cheater, Adrienne rightfully socked it to her wandering husband, whose retort was: "I never meant for that to happen." Is that the best cheating Justin can do? And of course the slime-ball was self-centered hack-writer Will who continued to viciously harass and make demands of a defenseless woman, and then expressed his lack of concern for the children of Salem. Hey Will, as the old song goes: "How low can you go?" The remarkable revelations were that publications actually want Will's trash and that Stefano used to keep armed guards at "DiMera Lake." DiMera standards really have slipped, considering that the DiMansion's first line of defense is now Harold the butler.

I would say that I'm starting to find Will beneath contempt but that would be a terrible insult to things I find beneath contempt. I mean seriously enough already!

I don't care about the Brady/Clint/Melanie/Theresa mess but I did find Melanie dismissing Clint with "Oh, shhhh" rather amusing. I enjoy how she views him as an annoying insect. Underestimating him like that will probably turn out to be a big mistake but it's enjoyable nonetheless.

I'm also glad that it was discovered that Brady was tranquilized right off the bat. I wasn't looking forward to endless scenes of him insisting that he didn't fall off the wagon while everybody just shook their heads and clucked their tongues in disappointment.

The best part was the Justin and Adrienne scenes. I'm not sure I buy Justin's "confession" about having an affair. Something just seems off there like others I have a feeling something else is going on. I don't want to take anything away from the emotion of those scenes but everytime someone says the name Elsa "Let It Go" immediately starts playing repeatedly in my head. LOL

Oh, I think when Melanie saw Clint, her mind instantly remembered the conversation she overheard with Mandrake about "keeping an eye on Theresa Donovan". Thus, the oh, shhhhhh.....and the skedaddle out of there.
She rightly figured he was back, and again "keeping an eye", and she had promised everyone to stay out of it.

Will got a taste last week. Justin got a taste of it today. Who's next in line to get a sample of Adrienne's slap-o-fire?

Her and Justin's scenes didn't disappoint. When the camera panned from her teary face to her fingering her wedding ring, my stomach knotted up. Great performance.

It's truly amazing how much more I enjoy the episodes when they are free of the Paige/JJ/Eve mess.

I still think Justin did not have an affair and that there is much more to the story there with Elsa. I can't imagine why allowing your wife to believe you had an affair is better than the truth or some other reason but it just feels awkward every time they talk about it. It's like Adrienne hurls a bunch of accusations at him and he just sort of sits there and doesn't say much. I really hope this has something to do with Steve. No matter what it is these two will have a lot to work through.

Will needs to sit down and shut up! I can't wait for Sonny to find out about him blackmailing Tori. He's the one who strayed from his marriage and yet it's everyone else's fault. The way he goes around town ordering people to leave town is infuriating. I hope he's totally off base with thinking Stefano is Paul's father and he makes a complete fool of himself when it turns out John is really the father (at least that's where I think this story is going). The names I want to call Will right now aren't fit for this board so I'll just say that he makes pond scum look like gold.

I was happy to see that they found the mark on Brady's neck and that blood was drawn. I was afraid we'd have to go through a week or two of Brady trying to prove he wasn't using again. Really getting sick of Melanie and Theresa. Those two sure are doing an excellent job of staying away from each other.:rolleyes:

Back