Days of Our Lives - Wed., Mar. 8, 2017

Did Hal's liver fail because Kayla isn't a good surgeon like Daniel was? :)
Actually, Salem University Hospital might be better than anyone thought. Its patient, a man with a failing liver, who's just out of surgery, has the energy to get out of bed and attack a doctor? It's a miracle worthy of Dr. McScruffy himself.
I hope Raines' rule about no romance at the office also applies to Rafe and Hope
Oh, please, yes. Let's have Raines catch them making goo-goo eyes at each other in the office. He then promptly assigns Rafe to the midnight-to-eight shift somewhere in the boondocks of Salem and sticks pistol-packing Hope with the job of writing parking tickets in Central Salem from nine-to-five. (This won't leave much time for bubble baths.) Regarding Salem's latest surprise child, can't we get something different? Instead of Steve's latest son coming town to give him attitude, get revenge on Joey for killing dear old mom, or wanting to get revenge for Bo shooting granddaddy by tormenting Hope and/or Teen Ciara, how about him hitting on Steve for tuition for Harvard University. Finally, the writers simply have to be a little less obvious. Did any viewer not expect Abigail to fall and end up in Dario's slimy embrace when she decided to measure the height of TBD's ceiling?

Last edited:
I wonder why Jade's dad is so angry.
Could it be because his daughter literally became a different person overnight? :)

Steve & Ava's child is alive?
I've been waiting for this since Kayla caught Steve and Ava in bed together, and Steve (as he was stumbling around trying to put his pants on) screamed, "Nothing happened!" The most absurd thing about that whole scene is that Kayla believed him!

Does [Raines] have a first name?
Heavy Raines??? Summer Raines??? When it Raines? Maybe he will just stay with "Lieutenant." After all, that was Columbo's (a Peter Falk character) first name.

Last edited:
Every 80s supercouple now has a long lost child:

John/Marlena: Paul (I'm still surprised they haven't given Marlena a kid from 1987-1991)

Bo/Hope: Chelsea

Kim/Shane: Eve

Justin/Adrienne: Alexander

Exception so far seems to be Jack/Jen

Now Steve/Kayla with Ava's son. Although I still say something was off in the meeting with Steve and Raymon. Coming all the way from Jakarta, Indonesia for $272? Yeah something is off.

(I'm still surprised they haven't given Marlena a kid from 1987-1991)
Well, she did carry and give birth to Cassie and Rex, so that sort of counts.

Alexander isn't really a "long lost child", though. He was conceived when Justin and Adrienne were separated. The truth about Justin being his father came out pretty quickly. He was still an infant.

And then Maggie has Daniel, and then Summer, Victor had Isabella and then Bo, Stefano had his long list, even turning a nephew into a son, Theresa & Brady have Tate, Daniel got Parker, while poor Philip lost both Claire AND Parker.

I think Stefano definitely wins in the "long lost child" race with Renee, Lexie, Chad and Andre. (he knew about Megan and Benjy; and Tony turned out not to be his son)

Daniel was surprised with Melanie as a long-lost child.

Carly was surprised with Nicky, as she thought he was stillborn at birth.

But Carly knew of Melanie's existence. The viewers did not. Granted, it was a new storyline, but it wasn't written to be that Carly had no knowledge or memory of the birth (or thought she was stillborn, like Nicky).

Though violence against women is never right and I had relatives who've been in abusive relationships, so touches home for me, Days showed the audience something we don't see often. The ugly side of the medical industry. We see fairy tale Salem where Daniel and Kayla can fix everything no problems. In this case we saw reality. Hal got aggressive at his doctor Kayla. This happens quite frequently in hospitals with nurses and doctors being attacked by patients angry about their results and health. Great performance!

I've been waiting for this since Kayla caught Steve and Ava in bed together, and Steve (as he was stumbling around trying to put his pants on) screamed, "Nothing happened!" The most absurd thing about that whole scene is that Kayla believed him!
I think that episode was when Steve and Ava were looking for the son Ava claimed was Steve's from a previous encounter. Anyone sure of the facts?

The only problem was that Hal should have been groggy......I will grant that he may have had pain meds that dulled or masked the pain, but he should never have been able to get out of that bed, have such vigor and strength, so soon after his surgery. And he not only was in surgery ONCE, but TWICE that day.

We see fairy tale Salem where Daniel and Kayla can fix everything no problems.
That also happens in the real world, if one has enough money. I'm reminded of a famous ex-baseball player who needed a liver transplant several years ago and, somehow, got bumped to the top of the waiting list.

I think that episode was when Steve and Ava were looking for the son Ava claimed was Steve's from a previous encounter.
The one I was talking about was a previous encounter. It could mean any previous encounter between them.

I just can't get behind JJ and Lani. JJ looks like Doogie Houser (old show about a very young boy who is a doctor). He makes me think that he is a little boy dressed up in his dad's clothes and kissing on a pretty woman.

:rotfl: LOL, o.k. you truly made me laugh. I do like Casey Moss (JJ), but I do agree that making this college dropout, beat cop a detective faster than you can blink your eye was a bit much. So, unless he is able to go undercover as some young punk kid, what is the point. Yes, there are those who look much younger than actual age, who can pull that off, just as those who look older can do the same.

Well the age is there. JJ (Casey Moss) is barely old enough to drink character and real life while I do remember Lani (Sal Stowers) was on America's Next Top Model like a decade ago and is the same age as me. Me personally at 31, I can't really see myself going for someone under 25 really. Though I think Eli might sweep away Lani eventually.

Oddly enough side note I just realized Lani (Sal Stowers) is also from my hometown Pasadena, CA...and she was born on the 20th and I was the 17th in January....same year 86. Geez I am so wondering if I may have ran into her like back in the day or something or back in high school, that's a trip out! Okay I'm officially a Lani fan now, shh! Hehe!

Last edited:
I think we are headed towards a Gabi/JJ/Lani/Eli quad and a Chad/Abby/Dario triangle. I do think it will probably take another month or so to get to this point though but the set up is definitely there already. We already had that brief Lani/Eli scene at the church.

Hard for me to comment on the age thing as I met my husband when I was 22 and he was 34 however, I do agree that the show has an excessive amount of May/December romances. And I also agree that JJ seems like a little boy playing make believe. They really should have him being mentored by Rafe and also not have him running investigations just yet. Just another reason why I also hate that Shawn is gone.

Back