Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 18, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Justin meets with Victor, has an appt. with Deimos, thinks maybe Deimos is going to take him up on his offer, but will test him first. They discuss the situation, Justin trying to get Vic to drop the revenge thing, perhaps travel a bit with Maggie, mentioning the Parthenon , but Vic is not giving up.
Nicole is reading a letter she received from Eric, and she is in tears. Maggie has just come from her meeting, sees her, goes to talk. They have a nice conversation, mostly about their respective situations, neither one wanting pity, both determined to move forward.

Vic finds Maggie, offers to get her home now, but she just ordered a cappuccino. He thinks she is avoiding going home, she says whenever she is with him, she is home. He starts talking about Greece, the Aegean sea looking so beautiful, asking her if she ever thought of pulling up stakes and going elsewhere. She replies she would go anywhere with him, any time, but never help him run away. He was just asking a hypothetical question, they end up sitting and enjoying the lovely evening.

And to the best part (in my opinion). Over at the Martin house, Aiden is attempting to rent a room, but a very angry, and very feisty Julie comes along, refusing, telling the clerk to call the cops, the man who tried to murder her sister is alive and right here. Aiden is trying to explain, Julie is spitting fire, grabs something off the counter, yelling at Aiden that she is going to do a "medical procedure" on him with this letter opener. Aiden is trying to explain it is a mistake, Roman pops in, wanted to reach her sooner, explains lookalike, this is real Aiden, did not do it, blah, blah. Julie still is refusing, but Salem Inn is booked solid. Roman insists they need Aiden here, there are more questions to be answered, Julie relents finally, figuring she can keep an eye on him herself as well.

In his room, there are lots of scenes of Aiden just laying on the bed, remembering being in the house, about to go and perhaps kill Hope, the lookalike arriving, getting injected by Andre', being in the cage, etc. etc.

Rafe calls Hope just to check on her, she is doing o.k. needs a good night's sleep. They will see each other tomorrow. Rafe, in his place, remembers a fun time with Hope, Eduardo comes in. Ari & Gabi are o.k., being kept overnight for observation, coming home tomorrow, Mami thinks something is on Rafe's mind. Eduardo is laid back about it, but if Rafe needs to talk....Rafe pulls a couple beers out of the frig, and evidently tells Eduardo all about Hope, Aiden, etc. They talk..and mutual agreement is, give Hope her space, let her work it out herself.

Over at the Kmansion, Kate has candles lit, champagne poured, suggests to Deimos they go to Vegas & get married. He nearly chokes on that one. They play a good game of cat & mouse, but Nicole arrives, much to Kate's dismay. She gave Adams orders they were not to have visitors, but Deimos had already told Adams that Nicole was welcome any time. Nik realizes something is going on, learns of the proposal, Kate is not welcoming at all, Deimos asks why she came. Nicole had some fabric sample with some Greek writing on it, he translates, it is from Aristotle..something about one soul occupying two bodies. Nicole takes her leave, runs into Justin outside the door. They trade a lot of different quips, but ultimately Nicole tells him he or Victor better not to anything to upset what she has put into motion.

Hope is napping on the sofa, dreams of Aiden proposing again, then Ciara screaming as Chase comes in the door, saying they are back, and Ciara runs to her mom. Hope awakens because of knocking at the door. Don't fall over now, as it is Shawn, calling out for Mom. They have quite a conversation about Aiden returning, not being the one who tried to kill her, etc. Shawn really doesn't like the idea, but ultimately this is her decision, and he will support it.

Back to Deimos & Kate, as he is going to answer her question. And the answer is yes, let's do it. Let's tie the knot.

I enjoyed today's episode. The scene between Maggie and Nicole was nice. They are both in a lonely place but Maggie realizes that she still has Victor. I think seeing Maggie in the wheelchair only enforced Nicole's resolve to go after Deimos. The Victor/Justin scene was good also. Justin tempering his desire to regain the Kiriakis Empire with his concern for Uncle Vic. Julie threatening Aiden with a letter opener was vintage Julie. I also liked hearing Maggie say she would go anywhere with Victor but she would not help him run away. I thought the dialogue was well written and in character today.

I too was surprised when Shawn showed up, then I remembered he is her son. So it seems Hope is thinking about giving Aiden a chance. I like how they are showing Aiden struggling. He was held captive for 6 months, he should be struggling. Still find it weird that Hope isn't questioning Aiden being taken right after proposing, so she was with an impostor for a couple months, she thinks, right?

Kate is really a piece of work. Where the heck is Lucas?

Hope has said, a few times now, that she fell in love with Aiden, married him. But she makes it sound like she married the real Aiden.
However, she may mean she married who she thought was the real Aiden.
It is very confusing.

Don't fall over now, as it is Shawn, calling out for Mom.

I think I did fall over. I'll take a Shawn and Hope scene anyway I can get it but who the heck wrote these scenes? It was entirely Hope-centric. She didn't ask how he was doing and completely ignored his comment about Claire wanting her parents together. Even the Belle/Brady scenes yesterday showed them talking about each other.

I like how they are showing Aiden struggling. He was held captive for 6 months, he should be struggling. Still find it weird that Hope isn't questioning Aiden being taken right after proposing, so she was with an impostor for a couple months, she thinks, right?

Me too it's realistic that way. They also showed Aiden on top of the bed and not under the covers. Probably because he has gotten used to that. Very similar to how we saw Bo sleeping on the floor of Hope's hospital room when he came out of captivity. I agree she should be questioning the timing. But I like that she is struggling. She was in fact in love with Aiden and that doesn't simply go away.

Love feisty Julie and love feisty Julie wearing red. Bright colors look great on her. Also love Julie referring to Hope as her sister.

I like seeing the Martin Mansion set but that table is very awkwardly placed. I know they mentioned the main dining room was being renovated but then use a couch or some other type of seating for the entryway.

Were they testing chemistry with Nicole and Justin? I didn't hate it.
So Hope has a son too? I had no idea.:sarcasm:

Well, Kate has confirmed it -- her conniving, underhanded, bed-hopping self has "no soul." As for her suggestion to Deimos that they fly to Vegas and get married, Jeannie T. might say: "been there, done that, and it doesn't end well." Finally, when Julie was ranting about not renting a room to Aiden, he might have said: "What's the big deal, you once rented a room to that mad scientist, Dr. Seth Malcolm."

It was interesting to hear Julie say sister when she talked about Hope.

Good news about Eric being sober for 30 days.

I'm confused too with Hope and loving Aiden and married him. We all know
the Fake Aiden didn't show up until after they were married, but she doesn't
know that. Aiden lied she didn't marry him. Why isn't she questioning herself
why she couldn't tell the difference? Maybe Rafe will figure it out.

I"m surprised Deimos said yes to Kate. Will they go to Vegas and get married?

It was a decent show. Nice to see Julie back. That was funny. I also enjoyed the montage with Aiden, and the scenes with Rafe and his family. Well-done.

It was a good concept to show Hope with Shawn-D, but how come it was so one-sided? I wish she'd enquire more about his family and situation.

Enjoyed Nicole/Justin/Maggie/Victor, though I'm shocked Justin suggested giving up! What the heck!? In any case, this is the most intriguing aspect of the show right now, I think (though I also like the Hernandi).

Kate & Deimos getting married?:sick:

Back