Days of Our Lives - Wed. May 25, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Shawn & Belle awake, Belle a bit sheepish, knowing how much she drank last night. Shawn gives her a couple aspirins, neither has any regrets, though. Claire calls to Mom, who doesn't want her to know Shawn is there. Time to get to the courthouse. Evidently Belle leaves with Claire, so Shawn can arrive later.

Hope comes to DiMansion to pick up Ciara for court, they talk a bit about Aiden being back, Ciara fearful he will get Chase released.

At the courthouse the moms counsel the girls to be respectful, etc., Shawn arrives, Claire wonders why her mom smiles. All go in (tough female judge, supposedly) and when they come out, evidently the girls got off lightly. Joey & Jade did not show up, so there is a warrant out for their arrest. Claire is hungry, wants all to go to lunch, Ciara declines, Hope stays with her. Shawn goes to get something from a desk, Lani wants to know what is going on with him & his ex--they seem cozy. He talks of united front for Claire, Lani wants to know if they are on for dinner, no, he doesn't know what will happen with Claire, wants to be there for her. She pulls him down for a kiss, is glad they are o.k. He walks out, says goodbye to his mom & sis, and leaves with Belle & Claire........Aiden walks in.

Earlier, Aide finally came to see his son, who was shocked to see him, disbelieving that he was really back. Aiden goes thru his tale, via long flashbacks, admitting he was in debt to the DiMeras, who wanted him to do something, but he couldn't do it. Thus....the lookalike. Chase gets upset, talks of the things people used to say about him, how he defended his father, but now he is not too sure that Aiden did not kill his mother. Aiden denies. Starts talking getting Chase out, getting him help, etc., but Chase is adamant that he is guilty, that Hope & Ciara were so kind, had him living in their home and he repaid them by doing something so horrible...he cannot live with himself. Aiden starts making excuses, nope, Chase did it, says it...she said no, but I would not listen. I raped her! He also says something about being just like his father, an evil S.O.B.

So, Hope wants to know what Aiden is doing there, Ciara starts in about him getting Chase off, Hope quiets her down, tells Aiden in no uncertain words that he has been proclaiming how much he loves her, & Ciara, and if he ever did, he will make sure justice is served. She also warns him to stay away from her daughter, that confronting her in the square was terrible. He apologizes for that, Hope & Ciara leave. She wants to go home to DiMansion, feels needed with Thomas there, and with Chad going thru such a bad time, thinks perhaps he appreciates her being there.

Kayla is being released from the hospital, wants to go to L.A. to help find Joey. Fynn frowns on that, the differences in air pressure could cause a problem with her hematoma. She will drive, he says that is worse, she gets dizzy at times, could not only hurt herself, someone else as well. O.K. the train.....Fynn offers to drive her.

Steve is out in L.A. with friend, Karl, looking for leads. They are going thru footage from video cameras mounted in various places, will take forever. John walks in, ready to help, gets introduced to Karl, Steve's partner. As Karl goes thru footage of a robbery, Steve notes something, and recognizes his jacket on the driver of the getaway car. (O.K. everyone, suspend belief here, it is a soap, lol) They call in the man whose store had been robbed, ask questions, and learn that the guy who held him up had a scar on his hand, shaped like a scorpion, looked more like a brand. He leaves, Karl mentions some commune of people, out in the Mohave.

Kayla calls Steve, to tell him about coming out, he says no way, but she says Fynn is driving her.

Joey is nervous, wanting to go home. Jade is not wanting that, her parents threw her out, she is supposed to be in Florida. They argue, Joey doesn't like stealing, etc. Before you know it, she is kissing him, is not going to lose him, yada, yada. Dirk sees them making out on the sofa. Later, Jade talks to Aunt Simone, asking if there is something else they can do to earn their way. Simone spouts off a lot of malarkey about being their own society, taking what they need, what is due them, etc. Promises they will find something else for Joey & Jade to do to help. Simone leaves, Dirk comes along, says they are the only ones who don't have this yet......the scorpion scar on the hand. He has a branding iron, Jade goes first, gets the nasty burn, claims it did not hurt as much as a tattoo, says Joey is next.

Last edited:
You know, for me personally, I find it hard to choose which storyline is far more exciting and riveting. The snot nosed teens who blew off a court appointment for vandalism to further their rap sheets. Or a dirty cop telling someone how to take care of his child when said someone was "dead and buried" and dirty cop was supposed to be looking after the poor kid. OR, the super amazing story of a lost child returning to her mother. Thankfully that story has been quiet the past two days.

Thank you for letting me know the drivel I'm missing while working out of town.

This whole Joey Jade story is ridiculous. First off, why would her parents have sent her to Florida if she was supposed to be in court today and now has a warrant out for her/them since they didn't show? Joey feels guilty about stealing but has never once said he felt bad for killing. The branding was gross and would hurt like mad. I'm wondering if we are going to learn more about Aidens wife's death. Chase had an unusual response to Aiden today, I thought. At least Hope acknowledged Shawn a little more today and Shawn acknowledged his sister, but Hope and Claire were like strangers still to each other.

How does Aiden even get the time of day from Hope? Ok, it's a show, I get it, but I'd like to think if it were me, I'd wanna knock him out with something. I don't care if it was his lookalike. Him and his son wouldn't be safe around me. lol :beat:

Yup it sure is a shame what they did to the character of Chase. I also hate that the writers have shown Chase is full of remorse yet Hope and Rafe show no outward guilt at all for their misdeeds, in spite of being cops. They aren't torn one bit by their criminal actions only worried about getting caught, how sickening. It makes it hard to root for Hope and her honeybun Rafe.

It was back to reality today after the well-done episode about Jennifer's drug addiction. Instead, it was the usual fare of bratty teens, the Aiden-Hope follies, wobegone Chase, Andre breathing threats, and Aunt Simone's "commune" of youthful armed robbers. That said, here are a few questions.

Doesn't Aiden ever get tired of people giving him dirty looks and asking: "What are you doing here?"

How will a middle-aged or senior citizen Jade feel about her scorpion brand?

Has Chase ever heard about the sad fate of Nick Fallon while he was in prison? If he did, maybe he wouldn't be so willing to throw himself under the bus.

Does Lani have any sense of a parent's priorities? Why is she pestering Shawn about their tacky relationship when his daughter is about to go to court?

Has Dr. Dingo ever heard of the Interstate? If time is of the essence for Kayla, historic Route 66 isn't exactly the road to choose.

I had a bit of a chuckle at the scene where Kayla is telling Steve she's coming to California. Why you might ask? Well because when I was reading Poirot's as always excellent summary of the episode something about the wording made me briefly interpret Kayla saying she was coming out to California as a different sort of "coming out." I thought "Well that's an unexpected and out-of-left field twist!" I immediately realized I was reading it wrong afterwards. I don't know why my mind went there but it did. LOL

Speaking of the Crazy California Caper can it end please? I just can't get behind Joey and Jade. I think we're supposed to see Jade as a "free spirit" or a "wild child" and say "oh she's so fun!" But I just find her annoying. The actress is fine it's the writing I blame. I think the problem is here we had this girl being told by a guy she hardly knew that he murdered somebody. And she was perfectly fine with it. I can't just say "Oh she's fun," when I'm thinking she's going to pick up two sub-machine guns at any moment and start mowing down the good people of Salem randomly.

I'm also not getting what Joey sees her. He just seems more annoyed then anything. Not that I blame him. But to be fair "annoyed" seems to be Joey's default emotion. Nope this one just isn't clicking for me. I know there are people that do like them and that's cool. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Chase: I have to say I think there's something redeemable there. I know the fact that he's remorseful in no way negates the horribleness of his crime. And he definitely should pay for it. But his willingness to accept full responsibility for it gives me a glimmer of hope that he can be saved. It's small one but it's there.

So they kind of acknowledged the relationships in the Brady clan:

Hope is the mother of Shawn and Ciara. That makes Shawn and Ciara brother and sister. Claire is the daughter of Shawn and Belle. That makes her Ciara's niece. So what does that make her to Hope?

Why that makes her Ciara's good buddy Claire of course. LOL

Last edited:
That branding was very unrealistic. Dude stood there so long waiting to brand Jade that it would have cooled off by then.

I was branded on my ankle with a cross at thirteen and the pain was ridiculous. I mean the needle and Indian ink hand tattoo cross that I got on my other leg/ankle area was nothing compared to the pain of the branding.

Obviously my mom could have been a Salem mom to allow all of this to happen with no consequences lol.

No, Claire didn't call Hope grandma. Was this the first time Hope hugged her?

I kept wondering how Karl knew from the camera surveillance the car was a getaway car?
Maybe the police found it first and tagged it. I laughed when Steve said he knew it was
Joey because he was wearing Steve's jacket.

Nice to see John with Steve. Is this the first case done by Black Patch?

How many nannys does Thomas have? Ciara said the morning nanny took him
for a walk. Is Ciara the afternoon nanny? Who's the night nanny?

Ciara and Claire are lucky all they have to do is community service. I wonder who
has to pay to get the paint off the car.

Claire is very observant. She knew Shawn had the same clothes on from yesterday.
Maybe she can get a job at the Salem PD
:)

I'm glad Chase told Aiden the truth what he did. Will Aiden be able to save him?

Bonnie and Clyde meet the Manson family. Stop already. I liked when Steve said something about a "Commune in this century?" Joey is going to be unredeemable pretty soon. The girlfriend is annoying. This telling her he killed Ava is going to come out when they want him to kill for their world of different consequences. I don't think anyone of any age would find that story entertaining or riveting. Move along, please. I also agree with someone who posted that the sleeve in the getaway car was from his jacket. His jacket wasn't that special. Pretty generic. I can't wait to watch Ciara and Claire decorate their place at the mansion. They will be like the movie "Romy and Michelle", "let's fold scarves".

I have no clue what Claire said when she walked back to the police station after their hearing. I tried three times to replay and then realized, I really didn't care. Lani should have been Kate's daughter. Needy, tacky etc.

Back