Days of Our Lives - Wed. May 25, 2016

I wonder if I'm the only one who is finding Kayla annoying these days. Her refusal to take her head condition seriously is really bugging me, and her blind determination to go to California is just stupid! Letting Fynn drive her out there seems like desperation to do something which makes no sense in the first place.

Steve and John may have already found Joey by the time Kayla and Fynn can make the drive--particularly since they are going to take the scenic route of 66. Pretty silly if you have any kind of time concerns. Yes, I drove parts of it in the 1990s, and the whole thing from Texas around 1959-60. Beautiful drive in either case, but not if you're in a hurry! Also, I won't even talk about how Kayla has been treating Steve. I hope the writers don't end up ruining her for me, as they have some other characters.

Thanks for the summary.

Very hard for me to care about any of these storylines after yesterday's wonderful episode. On the other hand, at least we got a bit of a break from the Summer and Deimos storylines.

Can someone please tell me why Aiden is still in town? He's not needed or wanted in Salem at all!

An episode with Chase's terrific performance (in a terrible storyline and with drudging dialogue), Steve and Patch working together, and Kayla on the front-burner should be great.

But then there's Teen Ciara, hamming up two storylines; the illogical Belle and Shawn-D non-reconciliation; and creepy Lani. And Teen Ciara.

Positive note: Shawn-D appears to be Ciara's big brother, and Joey was acknowledged as a cousin of Claire/Ciara's.

As much as I like Joey and Jade (individually and as a couple), their storyline is terrible on every possible level.

Haven't watched today's show, but Claire did refer to Hope as grandma a few weeks ago.

Right, but never to Hope's face

No, Claire didn't call Hope grandma. Was this the first time Hope hugged her?

They hugged back in November at the Brady Pub when Claire first came back to Salem

Claire is very observant. She knew Shawn had the same clothes on from yesterday.
Maybe she can get a job at the Salem PD
:)

Funny considering we only saw Claire talk to Shawn via phone the day before :rolleyes:

I want to give a little addendum to my previous post regarding my comments about Joey and Jade. Rereading them I realized they came across as a bit harsh. For me it's about story more then character. I can not like a character in a particular storyline or even for multiple stories for that matter. But then a different story can start and a character I previously had no use for can become a favorite.

So I am not really digging those two crazy kids in this particular epic but who knows? It's possible in their next storyline (if they have one) maybe I'll start liking them as much as I like Chad and Abigail. And heck maybe if it's REALLY good I'll put them up with Gabi and JJ. Crazier things have been known too happen.

Finally watched this.

Nice to see a family scene with Hope and her kids/granddaughter. Hope really looked like she wanted to go to lunch with Shawn and Belle lol. And glad we finally got Shawn and Ciara together. It's been over 6 months since they shared a scene.

I like the actor who plays Chase. Too bad they had to trash his character.

Glad John is involved with Steve. Nice to see casual Kayla. I do think she should let Steve handle the search. I'd rather see her take care of the hematoma.

Or a dirty cop telling someone how to take care of his child when said someone was "dead and buried" and dirty cop was supposed to be looking after the poor kid.

I wish that "someone" had told the dirty cop what she could do if she didn't like his trying to help his son. :angry:

Foreshadowing redemption for Chase? And, shouldn't he be given some credit for manning-up and confessing? Especially since without his probably-revocable confession, the prosecution has no case.

Joey finally wising up; mentioning Dirk as the reason Jade wants to stay at Auntie's. Jade making a first allusion to blackmail. :( If hard-pressed, I would prefer freeze-branding! :eek:

In the Aiden-switching flashback, we have another 90 degree intravenous injection. :rotfl:

Kayla selected a black leather jacket for her Route 66 trip. :rolleyes: Will her driver find one in time?

Steve was trying to discourage Kayla from making the trip. When she finally got to the part about Dingo being her designated driver, Steve picked up on it immediately, and made a negative comment. Kayla snapped back with, "What does that mean?!" I think he should have told her exactly what it meant! :angry: Get the broom ready, Steve!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Old Cowgirl. I agree with you on the Kayla subject, she is extremely annoying. There are some situations where being bullheaded works out for the best but she acting like a ding-bat. I wish they would write some smiles in the script for her, she always looks like a kicked puppy. But then again that seems to be the LOOK for all of Salem.

Back