Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 31, 2017

There were a couple of scammers in 1991-92 that deceived Jack and Jennifer. I think their names were Howard Hawkins and Hawk Hawkins. I believe they stole a lot of money from Jack and a Jennifer. I wonder if Howard "Hawk" might be back? He was played by J. Eddie Peck.

OMG, it was a new low in the inglorious history of University Hospital. When Brady flat-lined, no medical team rushed in. "

My understanding is, when a patient is DNR (Do Not Resuscitate), minimal people attend to the situation - it's considered a "slow code" (I know a few nurses, and we've talked about this in the past). Depending on the situation, it can be only a doctor, a nurse, and the family.

Once again, Dr. Dan saves the day with the Dr. Dan Miracle Heart (trademark pending)

WhizGidget, I had thought of this, but thought it odd that when Brady suddenly flat-lined, somehow the family rushed in before any medical personnel, trailed by only Dr. Grant. Perhaps, the only-at-University-Hospital conversation at the nurses' station went something like this.

Hospital Staffer No. 1: "OMG, Brady Black and Daniel Jonas's heart are flat-lining!"

Hospital Staffer No. 2: "Whatever, he's a DNR. Let's finish our coffee."

Hospital Staffer No. 3: "Right. If there's going to be a medical miracle, it will be the spirit of St. Daniel that causes it, Not us or Dr. Grant."

Hospital Staffer No. 4: "Or the presence of Baby Holly. Babynapper Nicole Walker just snuck in the room with the child, aided by Eric Brady. And they think nobody noticed."

Hospital Staffer No. 1: "Nicole is here with the baby?! Oh, wow, Chloe Lane, the perpetually-angry diva, is here too! Let's get over there and watch the fireworks!"

Last edited:
DrBakerFan - I saw it as unusual, but I checked in with one of my friends. In something like this, the family is usually the first people to be aware of the code, and get to the patient, because they're either very close by or are already at bedside, waiting.

Back