Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 4, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

It is Teen Day in Salem, as Ciara is talking to the adorable Thomas in The DiMera house, telling him she knows he misses his mommy, she will be back soon, and she knows at his age his mom is so important. But at her age, moms can be......annoying. She gets a call from her mom, ignores it, let's it go to voice mail.

She is reading to Thomas about zoo animals, according to the alphabet. Chad comes in, notes how good she is with Thomas. Warns her that even so, he meant what he said about staying in school. If she doesn't, she can't take care of Thomas. She has already decided to do so. Now she takes Thomas out for a walk in the park.

Earlier, Steve has come to the hospital, upset she did not call him about Joey. She really has not much to say about it, Steve comments that she may not love him any more, but Joey is his son, he deserves to know try to help. She more or less tells him to stay away from Joey. Steve is really sad when he takes off.

And in the park, Ciara runs into Claire, they sit, talk, she wants Claire to go in with her, get a place of their own. To Claire's query of how to pay for it, she talks of baby sitting, and how Claire's song has gotten so many hits on you-tube, she will soon have a contract. Claire does not think baby sitting and you tube hits will be enough. Here comes Joey & Jade, chatter, they all talk of parents reacting because of last night, Joey says he & Jade are leaving Salem, Jade almost blabs about Joey killing Ava, but realizes she should shut up. Later Joey is angry about it. She thought they knew, he says when he told her, it was between them both, that is all, and he told her that. She promises. He sees his mom, will text jade when they are ready to go.

At the cop shop, Hope is working, Rafe comes in, asks if she wants to go for lunch. Agreed. He asks about Ciara, how she is doing. Hope says she cannot make her understand that destroying someone's property is wrong, etc. Rafe tells her a story of when he was 8 or 9 years old, was stealing candy bars from Mr. Falco, local grocer, who a long time to find out, but did, called Rafe's mom. Nope, no punishment, Mom said Mr. Falco would dish it out, and so Rafe had to work every Sat. for 6 mos., hauling up heavy boxes from the basement. His mom told him that if that is the life he wants to lead (stealing) then he would have to learn to live with the consequences. The upshot, maybe Hope should back off a bit, let Ciara learn by herself. Hope tries to call Ciara...see above.

They have lunch in the square, Doug & Julie come along (yayyyy!) join them, but Rafe gets a work call, leaves. Now Doug & Julie talk about Ciara, but more about "that is what a teen does". Doug talks of Hope when she was young, how he was rather "eh" about Bo, but thinks Hope turned out fine. Julie says she was the Ciara of her time, trouble big time, and Tom Horton came down on her so hard, like a bag of rocks. But she knew, always, that he did it out of love. Both have given Hope something to think about.

Joey talks a while with his mom, who tells him the destruction of anyone's property is not right. He is sorry, appreciates all she has done for him, loves her, hugs, he is going home.

Steve is in the office, looking at the pic of Kayla & Joey, when his son arrives. Joey talks of being sorry about Ava, wishes he had gone to jail, it would be better than how he feels now. Steve assures him that is not so, they talk a bit, Joey loves his dad. Steve thinks something else is bothering him, but Joey claims a headache, any aspirin? Steve goes to get it, Joey sees Steve's leather jacket on the chair, stuffs it in his bag. Steve returns, Joey downs the aspirin, hugs, love you dad.

Hope comes to DiMansion, Ciara not there, talks to Chad a bit, learns Ciara told him what happened. They talk a bit, Ciara comes in, just had put Thomas down. Chad gives them some privacy, they talk a bit, Ciara tells her mom she wants to move out on her own. Hope is not a happy camper, but Chad comes back, offering the guest house, she would be safe. Ciara is delighted, Hope about to say no, but ...agrees. Ciara asks if Claire can come, too. Yep. Happy, happy.

Joey is on the motor cycle, wearing Steve's jacket. Jade arrives, can't believe he was able to get it. He gives her a helmet, she climbs on the back, his foot hits the starter, the motor roars to life.

And all this sturm & drang is overshadowed by Abby in the hospital, talking to her psychiatrist. She breaks your heart as she says she can't remember details of first meeting Ben...but tells the whole story of how she was able to set him on fire, the way he did to her & Chad. Her doctor keeps telling her Ben is locked up, makes no mind, he is coming for Abby, he is waiting & watching. No, he is locked up, Abby says that is what everyone said before, but he came, I saw him, no one believed me. She says he is always there, he was there last night, and talks of Ben standing right by her bed, the necktie, trying to strangle her. (Do not miss these scenes, if you can. ) She talks of how she couldn't breathe, she is starting to gasp for air. Her doctor orders anti-psychotic meds for her.

Chad arrives, the doctor explains to him about the additional meds, he comes in, Abby is so glad to see him. They hug, he tells her how beautiful she looks, he loves her. She tells him she knows Ben is waiting for her. She looks thru the window to the nurses' desk, and sees Ben standing there. Her voice slows, as she is talking of Ben coming to get her. Chad turns around, no one is there.

Sheesh, I forgot to add on to the teen scene. near the end of the show, Ciara comes into the DiMera study to find Theo arranging the chess pieces. He tells her how much he loves her, always has, and they kiss.

And Kayla puts Fynn off about that dinner date. Some other time.

Sorry......

Great line by Patch today: "I think you need to keep a shorter leash on that dingo." (to Kayla, referring to Fynn)
That was a good line. Would Dr. Dingo be a good name for Fynn? And is he aware of the Elaine Benes line spoken to an annoying woman on Seinfeld: "A dingo ate your fiance." Other questions: 1) Would Dumb and Dumber be good names for Joey and "I'm Glad We Did It" Jade?; 2) Can Steve be Steve without his black leather jacket?; 3) If Steve had ranted at the angry judge about Joey and his accomplices, would the awful teen set have been sentenced to 30 days in Roman's jail?; and 4) Would Abigail feel safer if a live webcam was placed in Ben's cell?

Oh my goodness Claire asked the question no one ever asks: how are we going to pay for that? I liked her you really think we can pay for an apartment with baby sitting and YouTube money? :rotfl:

While I'm not a fan of Jade and she was totally wrong to bring up Ava to everyone, I did like when she said she wouldn't do it again and he said you better not, that she very strongly said "I said I wouldn't" instead of being all apologetic and wimpy.

Ciara is quite the little b - ooo, I can't cuss on here can I? :) But really I don't remember what Hope did that was so bad that Ciara can't even live with her. Ungrateful child.

Kayla and Steve. It doesn't make sense that she was all sentimental when she thought he was going to jail but then was mad when he got off. Guess she wanted him in jail so she could say "see I told you so!" Fynn being annoying with how he talks to Steve.

Abigail - she really has gone off the deep end. And Chad, I don't like how now they are kinda portraying that Chad can't take care of and comfort Thomas. That he needs his mommy when his mommy was making him very upset before. Don't like Ciara living there. No good can come of that.

I think maybe actress playing Jade might have been a better casting fit for Ciara, but then ...maybe not. One never knows when it is the very first acting job. Not privy to auditions, etc. And who knows who shows up for them. LOL

Hope is urging or trying to get Ciara to go to counseling, and she doesn't want to. I guess it is like Abby, not wanting to talk about when she first met Ben (and he was a really nice guy back then) when Dr. Robinson asked her several times.

So...Ciara wants to stomp her feet, take her ball and go elsewhere, Mommy won't play the way I want.
Guess that guest house that Nicole's mom lived in for a while will come in handy once again. :)

I might actually try and catch up a bit this afternoon, I haven't watched any of it in 8 episodes and haven't watched a full (ish) episode since Eric left.

If Hope eases off Ciara any more than she already has she may as well pretend she doesn't know her.

So JULIE, who is most like Ciara, is saying she needed more attention and rules and what have you, but no, we are going to go with Rafe's suggestion.

Dr Dingo is acceptable. Bonus points if he ends up helping with some kind of baby drama - baby swapping, paternity test switching. Basically anything where someone can shout "Dr Dingo stole my baby!"

OK I've got it! Turns out Dr Dingo and Doc McScruffins were involved in stealing away Nicole's second baby (Daniel Rafael). So Nicole will get to say, "Dr Dingo stole my baby!"

I think Julie was trying to say that the important thing, no matter what you do, is to let your child know you love them.

I found it very odd that Fynn seemed frustrated by the fact Kayla would not have dinner with him. They WERE supposed to have dinner, but Kayla did not feel like it. So he offered to just be there if she wanted to talk......Maybe another time. So, he seemed disconcerted that she would not go out with him.

Joey and Jade: You know I think this is going to work out well for the young Mr. Johnson. He is just so fortunate that he was able to find a girl that will be able to keep his secret regarding Ava. Yes Sirree bob it's clear sailing for this young couple from here on out.

Seriously how much longer before this ticking time bomb goes off?

Abigail: This is heart-wrenching. As wonderful as Kate Mansi''s (Abigail) performances have been, it's getting to the point where it's getting uncomfortable to watch Abigail suffer like this. And I mean that in a good way because that's what we should feel.

I know this is a long shot but maybe it would be helpful if JJ could start dating a nice young woman who recently served time in a correctional institution and that person could explain to Abigail the differences between prison and a mental hospital? Maybe that would assuage some of Abigail's fears hearing from someone who has first hand knowledge. It probably wouldn't work but maybe it would be worth a try. But for the life of me I just can't think of who that that young woman could be. *sigh*

The show is really starting to lose my interest. I mean, there are moments that are decent, but lately I'm either FF'ing, not paying much attention, or just plain bored. Sorry, don't mean to be a downer lately. It's all Trump's fault.

I liked the Abby scenes with her doctor. The actress is doing such a good job. What a number Ben did on Abby. Sheesh.

I just can't get into the teen scene. I FF most of Jade/Joey scenes. Although, I did like Joey's scenes with his parents and I'm glad that Steve's antenna seems to be up on something going on with Joey. I'm glad that Steve called Kayla out for not telling him about Joey being arrested. No matter how she feels about him or their relationship he had a right to know about his son. I thought it was cute how Ciara and Claire talked about moving in together and how they would need to have money to do so.

Nice to see Doug and Julie today.

Hope/Rafe......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I enjoyed Doug and Julie. It was funny when they talked about the step dances at
the B&B and Julie started humming an Irish jig

Nice to see Thomas smile. He's one of the few happy people in Salem.

I think Steve has two black jackets. Sometimes he wears one that doesn't have
the puffy sleeves.

So Ciara, maybe with Claire, will be leaving in the DiMera guest house. They should
be safe there... Maybe. maybe not. It's Salem.

Great scenes with Abby. Interesting she could tell Dr Robinson how she set Ben
on fire, but couldn't remember how they met.

Great line by Patch today: "I think you need to keep a shorter leash on that dingo." (to Kayla, referring to Fynn)
I want Fynn out of Salem. Steve had every right to be upset that Kayla didn't tell him about the situation with Joe, and Kayla didn't need Doc Dingo to defend her.
I enjoyed Doug reminiscing about what it was like to raise Hope as a teenager. And his comments about the differences in raising a teen now, with the internet, Facebook, Twitter, etc. That was a nice scene.
Agreed.

I'm loving Joey and Jade, they really could be something. (And no, this is not snark/sarcasm. I really do like the character of Jade and the actress is doing a great job!) I like this character with no history and no family who actually made me care about Ciara for a few minutes. Salem needs new blood.

As always, terrific Abby scenes. Oscar-worthy performances by Kate Mansi (Abby). I would like them to explore the genesis of the Ben/Abby romance at some point. Great use of the actor playing Ben, too.
What a number Ben did on Abby. Sheesh.
Just my opinion, but not nearly as bad as what the writers did to Ben. :wink:
I thought it was cute how Ciara and Claire talked about moving in together and how they would need to have money to do so.
I liked this scene as well, mainly because it had one of the 3 interesting teens in it. I did think it was odd how Claire and Theo were barely on today, but I like when the show keeps us jumping like that (makes it harder to skip). I guess Ciara and Claire haven't figured out where the money tree is yet. LOL
You can sleep...I'm over here...:sick::sick::sick::sick:

The show is really starting to lose my interest. I mean, there are moments that are decent, but lately I'm either FF'ing, not paying much attention, or just plain bored. Sorry, don't mean to be a downer lately. It's all Trump's fault.

I liked the Abby scenes with her doctor. The actress is doing such a good job. What a number Ben did on Abby. Sheesh.

I just can't get into the teen scene. I FF most of Jade/Joey scenes. Although, I did like Joey's scenes with his parents and I'm glad that Steve's antenna seems to be up on something going on with Joey. I'm glad that Steve called Kayla out for not telling him about Joey being arrested. No matter how she feels about him or their relationship he had a right to know about his son. I thought it was cute how Ciara and Claire talked about moving in together and how they would need to have money to do so.

Nice to see Doug and Julie today.

Pretty much

The only thing I'll add is I'm stumped about Dr. Robinson. I can't figure out if she's genuine or has a hidden agenda.

Joey and Jade: You know I think this is going to work out well for the young Mr. Johnson. He is just so fortunate that he was able to find a girl that will be able to keep his secret regarding Ava. Yes Sirree bob it's clear sailing for this young couple from here on out.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jade is uncontrollable. Joseph is too young/inexperienced to realize that there are many other equally-talented fish in the sea. :rolleyes:

Very glad to see Ciara's return to light makeup! :rolleyes:

Two 18 year olds in their own apartment? I'm fine with it. What could go wrong? :sick:

Chad's conversation with Abigail's doctor re her length of stay? A more accurate doctor's response would have been, "As long as the money lasts."

Re Jade/Joseph's 2,000 mile "living on love" road trip: No luggage, on a notoriously unreliable antique motorcycle, no eye protection. Piloted by a green-horn, with a passenger. It will be a very steep learning curve for young Joe! And, just to nit-pick, I don't think that bike has an electric starter, and the engine didn't sound right. :rolleyes:

Steve to Kayla: "You're running out of chances, Sweetness!" "Oh, I almost forgot; Della left me a message on my Facebook page."
I hope that Dr. Dingo has a very good dentist! :angry:

Thanks for the summary. Kinda a dull episode. Not a big fan of the teen scene, still. It wasn't as bad as it has been, but nothing really interesting either.

DrBakerFan--I like Dr. Dingo.

Nice to see Doug & Julie.

Abigail and Chad, as usual, are wonderful at acting. A real pleasure watching this storyline unfold.

Back