Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 6, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Good show. Clyde invites himself into Will's apartment, admires Ari, talks nicely to her (she really doesn't seem to like him, lol) but makes these double meaning statements. Will puts her down for a nap, tells Clyde he won't be doing the article, but Clyde knows the article will be written then by someone else, so he wants Will to do it. Insists on it. There is a sort of a veiled threat there. Zoe calls, insists Will go to Poplar Bluff tonight. Will asks Clyde for a list of people to talk to, Clyde says how they are all good folk, and mostly know him, but then says he doubts he will get any info from anyone there. As he goes out the door, he mentions Ari, such a pretty child, and how when he wants to see her again, he knows right where to go. Will shuts the door, looks towards Ari's room.

Meanwhile, Sonny is in the square, answering a call from Paul. They talk of John being in San Francisco, wanting to get to know Sonny better, whether Paul should come to Salem, and several awkward silences between them. Sonny finally tells Paul he & Will are trying to work things out, & Paul has to decide on his own what he wants to do. Paul thanks him for talking to him, hangs up.
Sonny goes home, finds Will packing for his trip. will knows he said he wasn't going to do the article, but things happened, are different, but doesn't tell what when Sonny asks. Sonny is clearly disappointed, has to finish packing, cab is coming. Sonny gets a text from Paul, will be in Salem tonight. He doesn't tell Will, who now is leaving, attempts to kiss Sonny, who turns away. He repeats he just has no choice, leaves. Sonny mutters, "right, you never do".

John is talking to Tori, who has realized she made a mistake, and was not being fair to either John or Paul. John thinks she did a good job raising him. Paul arrives, talks of taking his mom to an exhibition, she puts it off, tells Paul what she just told John. She also has talked to grandfather, who agrees that Paul should give his father a chance. She thinks he should return to Salem, find out what lies ahead for himself, and if he needs advice or help, his father will be there. John just wants a chance, his flight leaves in a few hours, he would like Paul to come with him. Paul agrees. (he then send the text to Sonny, see above.)

Lucas & Adrienne are leaving to go to dinner, share a kiss in the open doorway, and along comes Justin. Seems he was looking to have a word with Lucas. Very odd, as Justin is all accusing, but smiling all the while, almost as if he did not care. He ignores any references to his own dalliances and affairs, but concentrates on throwing barbs at Adrienne & Lucas, who tells Justin to watch it, or they will be throwing a few punches.Justin wants to talk to Adrienne privately, Lucas leaves, Justin figures they do this at home.
Next they are in the Kiriakis living room, going back and forth, but mostly about Sonny & Will. Seems Justin wants Sonny to dump Will and go with Paul, Adrienne feels Sonny should make his own decisions. Justin thinks Will isn't good enough for their son. And again, Justin avoids talking of his absence from home, dalliance with Elsa, etc. Adrienne leaves the room, Justin says they are not done, she , though, is going to tell Henderson to make up a room for Justin in another part of the house.

Short scenes with Caroline and Roman, talking of Sami doing well, how Will is not, and is acting just like his mother did years ago (mentioning Sami hiding from Lucas the fact he was Will's father, not Austin).

Chad & Stefano are on the phone, Stefano on a plane, telling Chad not to worry, he wishes he could be there to grieve with him over the loss of his sister, but to just stick to the plan. Will be in touch. Kate arrives, basically to warn Chad to just stay clear of any fracas between Stefano & Victor, who are on civil terms now, but that could change. Chad wonders why she did not include Clyde in the mix of the old warriers, but she seems to figure Clyde is strong, but not involved. She cares a lot about chad, wonders why he seems so sad, but Chad mentions nothing of Kristen.

She meets up with Clyde, tells of going to see Chad, and then of not wanting Will to be the one to write the article on Clyde. But Mr. Sweet Talkin' assures her that he & Will have come to an understanding and it will all be o.k. Kate says that sounds like you may have actually threatened my grandson. Oh, no, Clyde assures her he would never ever hurt any of Kate's family. He mentions how alike they both are, how when they want something, they go get it. They kiss passionately.

Chad's expected guest arrives, it is Lucas. Yes, Chad offers him a job paying big, big bucks to run Countess W. Lucas figures Stefano wants to get back at Kate, but Chad claims this was all his idea. Lucas did fabulous work at Mad World, and actually knows Countess W inside and out. He goes on a bit, and then asks Lucas for his answer.

Stefano stands at a window with yellow police tape across it. He is looking out, a scowl on his face. A man comes in......the conversation is all in Italian, but we have subtitles.
"So this is where it happened? Yes? I have a question to be answered. Is this the one, Stefano shows the man a picture of Marlena. Yes. So, she was standing right here, in this spot when my daughter went out the window to her death. Yes.
Stefano looks at the picture, then rips it to pieces in anger, throwing the pieces on the floor.

I often miss conversations between people, so I have to ask, has anyone told Paul about his half-brother, half-sister and niece?

Plus, it'll be fun to have someone tell him "Oh, you had sex with your half-sister's nephew." And, "you were in love with your half-brother's cousin."

Thanks for the summary, good show indeed.

I'm sick and tired of Justin already. He's such a hypocrite it's not even funny. Although I don't like Lucas with Adrienne, Justin can go back to Dubai and Elsa any day now.

Nice twist that it was Chad's idea to hire Lucas, and not Stefano's. This is gonna get good!

The Clyde/Kate stuff is getting old. Will someone PLEASE knock this guy off his pedestal pronto?! I wish it was Clyde who killed Kritter, not Marlena. Then Stefano would target him.

I feel so bad for Sonny. Will is a terrible husband. If only I were in the show---I'd make a better one for Sonny :rotfl::love: As for Will, let's hope Kristen is still alive and on her next vendetta-against-Marlena's-family-by-going-rogue-and-kidnapping-someone quest she should kidnap Will.

Nice scenes with Paul and his family. I'm looking forward to this.

Clyde sure is a creep. He can do whatever he wants to Will but he better not touch that baby or Gabi. I liked how Arianna even seemed creeped out and scared of Clyde. What a good little actress! I loved Sonny's response to Will when he said he didn't have a choice and he was doing this for them and Sonny was like, "yeah, keep telling yourself that." Awesome. Sonny, please leave this petulant child you call your husband and don't ever look back (except for visits with Arianna of course).

I liked the Justin/Adrienne scenes. I think both made some valid points, Justin pointing out that she was the one who was so against Will from the beginning but now is singing a new tune even after he cheated on their son, and then Adrienne pointing out that Justin seems to be doing all this just to get back at her and Lucas for their infidelity. I still feel like Justin was not having an affair. He is still playing things very coyly and not really coming right out and saying he has been sleeping with Elsa. I think it's all a ruse but I'm really not sure. I also feel like there should be more subtext to the way Wally Kurth (Justin) is playing these scenes if he really didn't have an affair. Hopefully there is more explanation to come soon.

I figured Lucas would get an offer from DiMera Enterprises (well, Countess Wilhelmina) when I saw that spoiler. I just wish Lucas was more excited about getting back at his mother. I want to see him take her down.

I must admit I'm confused by some of the above comments. The only other children John fathered are Brady and Belle. Paul hasn't been involved with either one of them. Theresa's parents are Kim and Shane. Correct?

Yes, John fathered Brady, Belle and Paul.

Paul had sex with Will, who is the nephew of Belle (Paul's half-sister).

Paul was in love with Sonny, who is the cousin of Brady (Paul's half-brother).

Paul pretended to be interested in Theresa, the ex-wife (for a nano-second) of Brady (Paul's half-brother).

Theresa's parents are Kimberly Brady and Shane Donovan.

Not that I enjoy these characters at all but I am REALLY disappointed that we didn't get scenes with the Italy crowd today. We last saw them on Friday and they were the top story last week. 3 episodes have now passed without them being seen yet in the same amount of time, Justin has traveled from San Francisco to Salem and Stefano has traveled from Salem to Italy. Now Will is about to head to Poplar Bluff. Really bad pacing. Why even get vested in these storylines if they build them up and then fall flat like this?

Plus I feel the 3 episodes this week could have easily been combined into 2 episodes.

Arianna is great with her facial expressions. Loved her glaring at Clyde.

Roman and Caroline were filler but relevant filler. Nice to see they are in the loop too.

I enjoyed Justin and Adrienne too but don't like smug Justin. He needs to be honest about whatever it is he is doing. I have no sympathy for him right now.

The San Francisco set sure is stereotyped. Now they have large bonsai plants and a little pagoda?

I like Stefano speaking Italian and I like that he was on for most of the episode.

For a show that has no home sets, they sure have a lot of airplane sets. :rolleyes:

I like the Chad/Lucas twist. I'm wondering if this also has something to do with whatever it is Chad and Stefano are doing to Abigail. Let's hope we see some real office sets too.

Did I hear what I think I did? Did that low life bumpkin threaten MY Gabi and Arianna? He did? Oh it is so on. It's on like soy sauce on a won ton. Seriously somebody needs to hold me back before I--what's that? It's just a tv show? Well then I'll just have to settle for letting loose some choice words whenever Clyde comes on and I promise you that they WILL make a sailor blush.

On the plus side almost every time Will writes an expose on someone it has disastrous results for the subject; Chad is the only I can think of who emerged unscathed. So we can hope that this article will prove to be the beginning of the end for that scumbag. I mean seriously how dare that rassum frassum...:angry::angry::angry:

I liked how Arianna even seemed creeped out and scared of Clyde. What a good little actress!....
Little Arianna is the most perceptive person in Salem. She's the only one who had Clyde pegged as a dangerous creep the minute he/she saw him. As for Will, the mystery of why Sonix would hire such a hack has been solved -- the company losing money hand over fist, so it doesn't have the means to hire real writers. How long will it be before cash-strapped Zoe shows up at St. Luke's Academy to sign up Ciara and her friends?

I want Justin and Adrienne to get back together, even their banter resonates with me, they have better chemistry than she and Lucas. Don't get me wrong, I love Lucas and would love to see him with a true love interest.

Also, could have done without the makeout session with Kate and Clyde. Who does that in public? Not even teenagers.

Had been enjoying Clyde until today's scene at Will's. Now he is on my "Creep" list. I think Will is finally getting how things have taken a turn for the worse, and he has set in motion the events. He looked truly terrified of how things could evolve.

...Arianna is great with her facial expressions. Loved her glaring at Clyde.

Roman and Caroline were filler but relevant filler. Nice to see they are in the loop too.

I enjoyed Justin and Adrienne too but don't like smug Justin. He needs to be honest about whatever it is he is doing. I have no sympathy for him right now....

Arianna was on the mark. Clyde can never be redeemed in my book after the way he looked at her and talked about her & Gabi...yes, and even idiot Will (whom he basically threatened to kill). Course I never had much hope for Clyde prior.

I agree that something's askew with Justin. I hope we found out what soon. And if it's not an affair, and Victor's in the know, I want Adrienne to go postal and dump Justin + smack Victor.

I really liked the Caroline/Roman scene.

...As for Will, the mystery of why Sonix would hire such a hack has been solved -- the company losing money hand over fist, so it doesn't have the means to hire real writers. How long will it be before cash-strapped Zoe shows up at St. Luke's Academy to sign up Ciara and her friends?

I prefer to look at it as it is losing money BECAUSE it is hiring hack writers. Art imitating life In My Opinion, LOL.

and not really coming right out and saying he has been sleeping with Elsa

If I remember correctly, Justin did admit that he was sleeping with Elsa when Adrienne confronted him a while back. She had said to him something about him sleeping with her and Justin responded : "It wasn't supposed to happen". So to me, Justin did admit that he was having an affair. So, perhaps he lied about that, for whatever reason. Still, there is no reason good enough for him to treat his wife the way he did. So no sympathy from me either.

I don't feel sorry for Will at all. Now Ari, Gabi, and Sonny - those are the ones I'm worried about. Clyde was all to clear in his own fantastically villainy way when he told Will not to do the article. Will should have gotten a clue then. When Kate came to him and told him to back out, there was another hint that maybe this wasn't the brightest thing to do. Even when Rafe told him in no uncertain terms that dealing with Clyde could be harmful to his family, Will was still hesitant to follow his advice. How many boulders have to fall on your head before you wise up and step out of the way. He was all brazen with Clyde talking about how he's gone toe to toe with the Dimeras and Kiriakis and was still standing but he sure didn't seem so confident today with Clyde dangling death in his face. Instead of giving in to Clyde's demands, why not call up Rafe and eat some humble pie and tell him he was right about Clyde and he needs his help. I tell you the truth he's as clueless as clueless gets. Maybe this is what's needed to knock Will off that pedestal he's graciously placed himself on.

I love Justin and until I see Elsa's face, he's not a cheater lol. It was quite obvious that his actions with Sonny and Paul had everything to do with Lucas and Adrienne. I'm glad Adrienne picked up on that. I wonder just how far Justin will go with Lucas since they appear to be enemies now. I guess Sonny was successful in talking Victor into letting Adrienne stay at the mansion because last time they were together Victor told her rather unkindly to pack her stuff and get out. There's hope that their marriage is salvageable since Adrienne will still be staying at the mansion with Justin, even if they are in separate rooms.

Back