Days of Our Lives, Wed., Nov. 18, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Bo brings Hope home, Ciara comes bouncing in, offering lunch, but Hope is tired, goes upstairs to lay down. Ciara gets on her dad about going up to mom, moving back into the house, etc. Bo tries to explain that mom has gone thru a lot, needs time to herself. Ciara has something to do, leaves. Upstairs, Hope is looking around the bedroom, then spies her bloody wedding dress in a bag, gasps. Next, Bo, hearing her yell, runs upstairs to find her with scissors, trying to cut up the dress, nearly hysterical. He stops her, calms her down, gets rid of the dress, then sits and talks, telling her how much he loves her, how he fought to get back. Soon they are kissing, and in a very lovely and tasteful series of scenes, some purposely blurred a bit, Bo & Hope make love. Later, she is asleep, we can tell he has pain in his head, as he slips out of bed, leaving her sleeping peacefully.

At the cop shop, Theo & Lani are quizzing each other on baseball plays, both knowing all the answers. Abe comes to take Theo to his office. Lani now kibbitzes with Rafe a bit, then mentions some concert with nothing but show tunes, which doesn't interest Rafe, then she mentions a Bulls game, offering to drive. He kindly and gently lets her know that it would not be good, sounds like a date, even if not, and with Hope gone, he & Lani will be working together more closely, so it just would be appropriate. She gets it.
Meanwhile, Abe is talking to Theo, how does he like Lani, etc.He finally breaks the news that Lani is his sister. No, mom did not have another child, Lani's mother is a woman he met long ago, before he ever met Lexie. Theo is trying to process this, decides to go for a walk. When Abe comes out of his office, Lani has realized Abe told Theo, who perhaps wasn't all that happy about it.

Bo comes in to see Rafe (wonderful scenes here), they talk privately, as Bo explains how Hope is having a really hard time, and it is going to take her a long while to get back to where she can handle things. Rafe knows, talks of how Hope has lots of family, and Bo himself to lean on. Bo takes a while, hesitates, but tells Rafe he won't be around, and no he is not going away again, he is dying, has a brain tumor. Rafe is taken aback, is sorry. Now Bo tells him that he has seen Hope with Rafe. She is grounded, calm, feels safe around him. He knows he would never let her down. He also knows Rafe loves Hope, appreciates Rafe not denying it, and wants Rafe to know that he, Bo, knows he can depend on Rafe.

Joey is at the Pub, giving Caroline a hard time about being back at work. She says Pete called in sick, she could not find anyone. Joey is taking Pete's place, and taking the tips from the tables as well. LOL
:Later, in the square, Joey runs into Theo, they talk a bit, Theo asks Joey how he feels having a sister, then tells of learning he has one, Lani. Joey thinks it is great, she is so good looking, Theo warns him not to talk about her like that. Ciara arrives, hears Theo has a sister, hugs him. He doesn't seem to like that, she backs off, says she is sorry, but talks positively about having a sister. She would not kid him, been friends a long, long time. She takes off, Joey teases Theo about "crushing on Ciara".

At the hotel, Steve is checking the room for bugs, looking under the bed as Kayla arrives. She gets ticked off, figuring Steve set this all up, he denies it, knows she would not be reeled in by rose petals and champagne. He wonders if she did this, both talk of getting text messages. Now is another round of accusations about him leaving, then bringing trouble back to his family, he cracks open the champagne, she thinks it might be doctored, even though sealed. He pours himself some, she won't let him drink it. They talk of risks, as he tells her that everything in life is a risk, falling in love, having children, and that the best thing he ever had in his life is her and their children. He doesn't know why he was so stupid, but it won't ever happen again. They kiss.

Hope wakes up, no Bo. She goes downstairs, the house is getting dark, calling his name, looking through the door window. She turns, and a hooded figure has comes out of the kitchen towards her. She shrinks against the door in fear, as the figure comes closer. One quick flashback to her being strangled, and she cries out, no, no, it is all my mind, all in my mind. The figure is gone, she sinks to the floor.

Bo gets a call from CAroline, she needs him at the Pub, right away. He promises to be right over. As he makes his way, he falters, grabbing the back of his head, but he continues on. He opens the door to the Pub, and hears a chorus of voices...SURPRISE!!

And while that may be true, it does seem Rafe was closer to 40 when with Sami several years ago. And, as I said, the CHARACTERS of Rafe/Kate.......and Kristen/Brady were definitely more than a couple decades apart.

Good lines today included Kayla's "pre-packaged romantic crap," which would might be a good description of Sami's image of her smoochy-moochy. Another good one was Caroline's remark to Joey, "Go wash your mouth out with soap," which also applies to the rest of Salem's rude, presumptuous teens (especially Teen Ciara for saying to Bo, "Can you and Mom not be so dumb"). Elsewhere, while Bo and Hope fans surely enjoyed their romantic moment today, the writers could have borrowed a scene from a few old movies and have had the ghost of Aiden appear at the foot of the bed to say, "the DiMeras made me do it," which would then have sent an enraged Bo over to the DiMansion for the mother of all confrontations. Finally, Teen Ciara could have comforted Teen Theo by telling him that surprise parents, children, and siblings are a way of life in Salem and having a surprise sister makes him a "real" Salemite.

Just a little short!

I'm sorry, but the whole idea of Bo giving his blessing for Rafe to make a move or whatever after he's gone is something else. Nice, I guess, but weird.
Just because she is such a basket case. Bo wants to know she will have a rock to lean on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think Hope was in the right frame of mind for having sex. Rushed to me. Plus Bo has sex with her and just leaves while she's sleeping? He's so worried about her but fine with having her wake up alone? I still worry they are gonna make her pregnant. Kristian Alfonso (Hope) is 52, please don't do that. Not really digging Bo trying to hook her up with Rafe. I do think he wants Rafe to be there as more than a friend. And they are gonna have a surprise welcome back without Hope?

Thanks for the summary. I do like that Caroline is on so often now! But why isn't she (or Theresa) mourning more over Will? Strange...and does Bo even know about his death yet? Wish he and Steve and Joey would've been more informed. I also can't believe that Sami cares more about the DiMeras than her own firstborn's death. And how long has she left the other 3 kids?

The Bo-Hope lovemaking was tasteful but rushed! And I also found it strange (though not necessarily bad) that Bo was pushing Rafe on Hope. Speaking of which, :sick::sick:

And Hope desperately needs to see Marlena. Let's hope that her PTSD story won't be dropped as Jack's was.

I'm liking the whole teen scene, especially now with Lani and Abe involved in this. I hope Theo can come around somewhat easily, but at least they're keeping it realistic with his autism. I also enjoyed the Kayla and Patch scenes.

I laughed when Ciara told Bo she wasn't a little girl anymore. Then Bo said she
was all grown up :)

I enjoyed the scenes Theo had with everyone. Interesting to see Ciara hug Theo.
Interesting he mentioned to Abe about Lexie having another child.

Great scenes with Steve and Kayla. Nice to see romance in Salem :love:

So, Bo told Rafe he was dying and he (Bo) knew Rafe
loved Hope. I don't think
Bo was pushing Rafe to her except to take care her of later. You need friends and
family when things happen in your life. Someone who can be there and not have
to deal with it alone.

Interesting that Bo told Rafe he knew he loved Hope. How? Based on him making her a cup of tea earlier?:rolleyes: As I said yesterday, the pace of this storyline now coupled with Bo's "blessing" makes me question the intentions of these writers. Maybe the behind the scenes stuff isn't what it appears to be.

I 100% expect Hope to end up with a miracle pregnancy with Rafe raising the child as his own. Assuming Bo doesn't get a miracle cure of course.

Steve and Kayla: Finally some progress here

LOVED the Caroline/Joey scene! They should have Joey work at the Pub after school. Also like that we are learning more about the teens.

Really enjoying the actor playing Theo and how he plays the autism angle. Something that has been missed the last few years.

I wonder if Lani will get a sudden promotion to detective?

I think Kristian Alfonso(Hope) is doing a fantastic job but I think it's interesting that she is so impacted by Aiden attacking her. I can understand the part about him not being who she thought he was but Hope is a cop and shouldn't be so impacted by someone physically attacking her. I wonder if Hope will have some type of career change after this.

The past 2 days have been focused on vet stories with the younger generation supporting them. I like it.

Is every extra on the show named Pete? First the pilot and now Caroline's bartender?!?

:eek: :tsk:

I had to really adjust the volume while Kayla was speaking in the hotel room! :rolleyes:

In all fairness, the Bo/Rafe scene was very good.

I'm liking the teens, especially Joey.

Back