Days of Our Lives - Wed., Nov. 22, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

JJ is with Theo, in his hospital room, apologizing, did not know it was him, begging Theo to come back, to open his eyes. Theo’s eyes flutter open, JJ is overjoyed, Theo came back. Theo murmurs he was hoping JJ would come there. JJ is saying how sorry he is, he would never hurt Theo, who whips a gun out from under the blanket, firing it at JJ…………who wakes up with a start…….bad dream.

Not too much “happy” on the show today. Will is at Marlena’s apt., having stayed there overnight, is on phone with Roger, giving him a nice message for Susan. Will tells Marlena he wants no part of a huge bunch of people because it is Thanksgiving, she figures they can just stay in, hang out. In bounces Sami, all eager to go to Doug & Julie’s club, which is open to everyone for Thanksgiving Day. Will lets Marlena explain. And she does a good job about this being overwhelming for Will, traumatic, he needs time to absorb it all. Sami says she is right, she trusts her to do what is best for her and for Will…..but when Marlena goes back inside, the tearful Sami mutters, “trust me, Mom, no one is taking my son away from me again” (or something like that). Inside, Marlena offers to rustle up Will’s favorite breakfast – Denver omelet. Will has a new fav, French toast, she goes off to make that instead.

Abby & Chad are in the square, talking of Theo, JJ……seems Chad is faulting JJ, while Abby isn’t, they agree to disagree, then decide to go see the newly arrived Will.

Eli comes to see Lani, sits with her, sympathizes, they talk about what happened, but then Lani realizes he is asking or getting information from her about the shooting. He says he & Rafe are investigating, she is going to have to provide a statement sooner or later, preferably sooner. Lani is a bit ticked, did not see anything, was not there, just heard the shot. But eventually she talks of how she has been thinking, what if it was her there in the square instead of JJ…..she could have shot her own brother. Eli notes that she didn’t so don’t do what if. JJ is the one, and the only question is…did he have any other option.

Gabi comes to see JJ, they talk of what happened, she does her best to help him deal with the guilt that is tearing him apart. When she leaves, JJ is taking some clothes out of a bag (Theo’s??) comes across a blood stained shirt, starts trying to tear it apart, is in anguish, finally grabbing his keys and jacket and out the door.

At Theo’s bedside, Abe is fervently praying that Theo be o.k., that he comes back to them all. Sami & Roman arrive, she is sorry about what happened, Abe figures she should be celebrating getting her own son back. Sami finally leaves, Roman talks to Abe, telling him he needs to eat. Abe is refusing, as he has others as well, but Roman insists, this is just you and me, no crowds, you need to get away for a bit. Behind them, JJ has arrived, takes advantage, enters Theo’s room. He is all apologetic, is so sorry, wishes he was in that bed instead of Theo.

While Marlena is making breakfast, someone is at the door. Will puts down the pic of him & Ari he was looking at, answers, it is Abby & Chad. They say who they are, (best friend, cousin) Chad kisses him top of head, asks if it brings anything back. Nope. Now they sit and Chad regales Will with a tale of when Will got so drunk, & Chad found him buck naked in a hot tub, singing Good King Wenceslas at the top of his lungs, and no idea how he got there. Laughter. Marlena brings out the breakfast tray, made both the omelet & French toast, Abby & Chad start to leave, Will insists they stay and help him eat all this food.

Later, Sami runs into Chad & Abby in the square, talks of how she saw Will earlier, but he did not seem to want her to be there. Of course Chad mentions we just had breakfast with him. That doesn’t go over well with Sami.

Lani finds Abe dumping out the container of food he got with Roman. They enter Theo’s room, Abe sees JJ holding Theo’s hand and yells at him to get out of there.

Gabi & Arianna arrive at Marlena’s, but Ari’s doll has a boo boo. Marlena claims to have special band-aids down in her car, takes Ari to fix it all up. Gabi sits on the sofa, sees the Will/Ari pic, as Will comes in. She tells him she took that pic. She knows Will doesn’t remember them, just says to remember they all love him, that he is loved by many people here.

Eventually, Ari is back……”Daddy!!”

For all the talk of the big doings at the Club, it seems no one was going, tho I think Chad & Abby did. And what happened to Chloe......doesn't she own half that club? Well, at least the show acknowledged Thanksgiving.

To be fair, Marlena DID say she was not much of a cook........

Always amazed me that with raising children, neither Marlena or Hope ever learned SOMETHING. I guess no family dinners for them....Luckily, Hope's kids had Caroline. Then again, guess Marlena's did as well. LOL

:angry::angry: Sami: Again today, she was her usual self-centered and insensitive self. She gets an extra angry face for being gratuitously rude to Abigail.

:angry:Judgmental Chad and angry Abe: Fie on them for their largely fact-free opinions on the Theo affair. Salemites would be doing themselves a favor if they focused less on why JJ fired his gun and concentrated more on why Theo was committing a crime, fled from the police, and was carrying an electronic device, which looked like a gun in the darkened Town Square.

:clap:Will: Kudos to him for saying what many Salemites have longed to say to screechy Sami for years: "Oh, shut up!"

:) Marlena: She can whip up a Denver omelette and French toast? Who knew? With Mami Hernandez long gone, these culinary feats make Marlena the Martha Stewart of Salem.

Last edited:
Agree, tis astounding that no one questions what the heck Theo was doing and why. Chad, Lani, Abe, JJ, Eli, Rafe, Hope, Roman, Claire, Tripp, and the list goes on.

And my other question of the day........WHERE WAS JOHN??

Back