Days of Our Lives - Wed., Nov. 22, 2017

Thanks for the summary. A good show. It was nice seeing Chad, Abigail, Gabi and Arianna all there visiting Will, and also good to see Marlena with him. I agree with her, it needs to be a slow process for him. Sami is trying to rush things, and quite frankly, is getting on my last nerve. So, too, is Abe. I get his grief. But he can clearly see that JJ cares for Theo and really regrets what he's done. His constant picking on Theo--which started long before this--needs to come to an end.

Roman being there and getting a call from Caroline was a nice touch as well.

Thanks Poirot.

It was nice Caroline called Roman.

Poor Lucas, no one has told him yet about Will. All Sami is thinking about is that
Susan brain washed Will into not liking her. She should be thankful Will
is alive.

Maybe John made the breakfast since we didn't see him today. Or maybe
Marlena took cooking lessons.

It would have nice to see all the people at Doug's Place for dinner.

I am no fan of Sami, especially this version of Sami, but I kinda felt sorry for her today. Marlena told her that she understood what she's going through and how much she loves her, but she never once gave her daughter a hug or so much as put an arm around her shoulder for some kind of comfort. I don't know, it just bugged me for some reason.

There have been several references to Will being with Susan for 2 years. 2 years is a very long time in a small child's life. Arianna looks almost the same age now as she was in the picture supposedly taken of Will and Arianna at a beach outing.
I thought it actually looked like the photos of Will and Arianna were cutouts and pasted on the beach background similar to scrapbooking.

In JJ’s flashback of the shooting, he sees Theo’s face. As I posted previously, this is not the case. Theo's face is heavily shadowed and unrecognizable in the original scene. So my question is, is this strictly his imagination or are the writers going to change the facts?

Last edited:
Has anyone even bothered to tell Lucas that Will is alive?
Not that we've seen.

Brady mentioned it to Maggie yesterday. He said the family had been trying to call him and they didn't know where he was and he's been unresponsive. I think maybe the actor was just unavailable when this was taped.

Happy to see the townhouse set back. Let's hope it doesn't disappear again. Yes John should have at least been mentioned.

It seems that yesterday John/Sami scenes were cut and today Roman/Sami scenes were cut. We saw a photo of them at the Pub in spoilers. It annoys me that Roman and Sami are so worried about Abe but not about their niece Claire. Even JJ mentioned Claire.

Nice to see the "right" couples together: Eli/Lani, JJ/Gabi, Chad/Abby. Today seemed to be setting up stuff so hopefully this is the direction the show is heading towards. With Chad/Abby, seems there is friction coming.

I was also glad Gabi didn't cross paths with Chad and Abby at the town house.

I didn't per se feel sorry for Sami but I'm not sure I agree with Marlena kicking her out either. She's not 5. I do think Sami needs a friend or relative aside from her parents. Where is Eric or even Rafe?

Arianna was too cute for words. Marlena was also cute with her but come on she only has band-aids in the trunk of the car? :rolleyes:

I don't think Marlena "kicked her out", but Marlena was trying to make the gung ho Sami realize that pushing Will to "remember", to come home, to embrace all these people he does not remember, is not good for him.

Sami really does not know how to take it easy, to be patient, to give space. Heck, she made this impassioned plea to Lucas to let her help him, and has not seen him since. So much for that!

She is one for instant gratification, Marlena just was trying to make her understand that is not the way to deal with this situation. And Will is the one who got exasperated with Sami, and wanted her gone.

Too bad no one asked Sami how Johnny, Allie & Sydney were spending Thanksgiving.

I hate how they are having people hate on JJ. Rafe: JJ flipped out again. Now Chad: he's a hot head, act first, think later, he pulled the trigger too fast. Really Chad? Are you a cop? They all know what Theo had in his hand looked like a gun. JJ had no idea it was Theo it was suspect running from him! JJ needs to stop beating himself up too.

Yes, I understand he feels horrible now that he knows it was Theo but he needs to remember what actually happened. Theo was running from them. He did what he was trained to do. He thought he was going to be shot. I don't like how Lani doesn't seem to be supporting him. Though I was glad when she said it could have been me but then Eli says you might have done things different implying that JJ did something wrong?

I hope that isn't how they are going to play this out because he did not do anything wrong. Theo did. Hated JJ when first brought him back. He was such a trouble maker but I have learned to like him the last few years.

I do kind of feel sorry for Sami but she is annoying. You need to give the kid some space. This is all very overwhelming for him. I am enjoying Will being alive but don't like what it might do to Sonny and Paul. I hope Sonny remembers he loved Paul first and Will cheated on him twice. Him "dying" doesn't erase that.

Abe is still being annoying. Won't even eat either? I know I would probably be beside myself and blaming everyone too if my child was hurt. But he was a cop so he should have a little more insight into the situation. He hasn't admitted it yet but Theo was doing wrong. Yes, Kate originally asked him but then she said don't do it yet he still did. He knew it was wrong. That's why he ran. I am still hoping Kate burns for it. I am just hoping Theo doesn't die and JJ doesn't end up in any trouble for the situation. Because that would be wrong.

Will miss the show today and tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

This is all very overwhelming for him. I am enjoying Will being alive but don't like what it might do to Sonny and Paul. I hope Sonny remembers he loved Paul first and Will cheated on him twice. Him "dying" doesn't erase that.

I used to root for Sonny and Paul however I have totally switched given what a insensitive person Sonny has been to Paul and not given any thought to what he must be going through. I'm now hoping that after all is said and done, Sonny is out of Will and Paul's radar and they get closer as a result of Sonny behaviour and me me me attitude of late. When he first came on he was portrayed as the altruistic DiMera who gave of himself and always thought of others. I don't see much of that Sonny anymore.

DUH!! I knew that. Thanks, Poirot!! :)OR maybe I just had a Celeste premonition. You remember the kind she used to have, vague, not much details, just flashes of images.

Perhaps, Sonny and Chad have to marry and this is all a ruse!! That could actually be a funny storyline considering their great friendship.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I hope Sonny remembers he loved Paul first and Will cheated on him twice. Him "dying" doesn't erase that.
Hear! Hear!

I am still hoping Kate burns for it.
I don't think that will ever happen. All the poop that should have landed on Kate all these years always got sidetracked and landed on either Nicole or Lucas, whether they deserved it or not.

Thanks for the summary!

I can't help but feel awful for JJ. Sure, he can make terrible choices, but, in my opinion, it sure looked like he acted like cops are trained. He was doing his job. Theo was committing a crime, wearing concealing clothing, and not turning around when JJ first said to. The thing in his hand surely did look like a gun. I think JJ was justified in shooting. However, I wish cops shot for knees or arms rather than to kill, just me!
:angry:Judgmental Chad and angry Abe: Fie on them for their largely fact-free opinions on the Theo affair. Salemites would be doing themselves a favor if they focused less on why JJ fired his gun and concentrated more on why Theo was committing a crime, fled from the police, and was carrying an electronic device, which looked like a gun in the darkened Town Square.
Yes DBF, yes, yes, yes!!!
n JJ’s flashback of the shooting, he sees Theo’s face. As I posted previously, this is not the case. Theo's face is heavily shadowed and unrecognizable in the original scene. So my question is, is this strictly his imagination or are the writers going to change the facts?
I so agree, and hope the facts are NOT changed. I think JJ just sort of imagined he could have seen Theo's face. His guilt is fooling with his mind.

I'm anxious to see what happens when someone finally gets the news that Will REALLY is alive to Lucas. I have high hopes this news will help Lucas go back on the wagon.

And Brady??????????

Dtkssk, I keep wondering too, why someone doesn't tell Lucas that Will is alive. I should think Will would find Lucas a lot more tolerable, even if he happens to be drunk, than a sober Sami.

Abe is getting on my nerves. I get that he is in shock and grief, and understandably so, but he's been a cop, and as someone on this board pointed out, he was once in a similar situation to what JJ is now. I keep thinking he must have within him the ability to behave with reason and fairness, in spite of his grief.

Let’s hope the writing team has someone remind Abe of his past 2 “misinterpreted” shootings.

Oh please, when is Sami's last appearance date? Just make her go away. She was never a mother to Will, so I have ZERO sympathy for this character. I’m supposing we’re to be impressed with her tenacity, knee jerk decisions, don’t-get-in-my-way attitude while everyone smiles writing off her actions with an “oh that’s just Sami”.

I see her as a hotheaded, bigmouth, trouble making twit. It’s just a soap, I know, but the Sami and Abe characters need to be toned down.

Last edited:
Back