Days of Our Lives - Wed., Nov. 23, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Can't say I am too fond of all these "filler scenes", as pleasant as they MIGHT be...but, JJ is still pleading his case to Gabi, making promises right and left, pleading for another chance, and finally, Gabi agrees, she will. They can try again. He invites her for thanksgiving dinner, mentioning it is Thomas's first birthday. Hmm, Gabi says, "so Chad will be there". Yep, is that a problem? No, sounds like fun.

Abby is walking slowly towards Chad & the buggy, as he talks to his son, but she suddenly chickens out, turns to run away. Andre gives her another pep talk, encouraging her, especially using Thomas needing his mother, etc. She figures he is right, starts again towards Chad, and along comes Gabi. That is it for her, she runs off, frustrated Andre follows.

But Gabi is there to tell Chad she is glad they called a halt to whatever was going on, that she talked to JJ, is giving him another chance, still loves him. Chad seems a bit down about it, but wishes her well.

At the Salem Inn, Sonny is parked outside the door so his parents & Lucas cannot leave, Paul comes along, letting him know that Steve is going to help him down at the docks tonight, he hears why Sonny is out in the hallway, brings him some snacks & stuff to munch on. He leaves, later Chad shows up with beer & sandwiches, asking why Sonny is in the hall (well, he must have known he was there, else why did he come?). So Chad hears the story, they figure it is so quiet inside, Sonny says they are either asleep or someone jumped out the window. Now it is Chad's turn, evidently he relates whatever could have happened maybe between him & Gabi, but she has gone back to JJ, loves him, so it is what it is. They sip beer and swap stories.

Andre does his best to again talk Abby into revealing herself to Chad, but she is convinced he has fallen for someone else. She saw his face when Gabi arrived, and it was not because she works for him. She decides she has to go home, her mom will be worried.

Ciara & Claire are now volunteering as candy stripers, small talk, they spot Abe bringing flowers for Valerie, Claire calls Theo to get down there. Valerie & Abe are chattering away, ready to go out for dinner (they decide on the Brady Pub, since Valerie would like some home cooking), but Theo arrives, running his mouth, telling dad not to have anything to do with Valerie, she is a liar, he heard her saying she was in New York. Abe chastises him for eavesdropping, but he just heard. Valerie explains that she was talking to her boss, was supposed to be in NY giving a lecture, but wanted to stay in Salem to be sure Abe was o.k. So she cancelled the lecture, but did not want to tell her boss. Abe sends her aside to wait for him, scolds Theo for his attitude, how he is treating Valerie, who saved his life! He leaves with Valerie, Ciara & Claire join Theo, with Claire insisting they check on Internet, see all they can find out about her.

Shawn arrives, hears this, talks to Claire privately, warning her to lay off, that if Theo is upset with his dad & Valerie, that is Theo's business, not hers, stay out of it. He leaves, she joins Ciara & Theo, claiming her dad just wanted her to call her mom. Claire & Theo decide to go to a movie, Ciara declines, stays behind.

Steve & Paul are down on the docks, Steve has brought a bag with his "disguise, both change clothes. Steve sits down against a wall, dark sunglasses (yep, at night) cap pulled down low, as some men are rolling boxes on dolly carts. He begins asking for help, wanting something to eat, stopping the 3rd or 4th guy, claiming he is a vet, fought for him. The guy is nasty to him, but Steve was just causing a diversion, so Paul would grab one of the boxes. They are curious to know what Eduardo is shipping.

They guy warns Steve off, claims he is going to call security, leaves, Steve hurries over to Paul who is trying to open the box. Steve has a crowbar, they open it...designer handbag, only it really is a knockoff, a fake. Steve figures he is not going to squeal on Eduardo for a bunch of purses, they wonder "why" this kind of business.

Abby opens the door to the Horton house, goes in, sees a beautifully wrapped box, card says Happy Birthday to Thomas from Gramma. Abby contemplates, decides that Andre was right, Thomas needs her.

Thank you, Poirot. I had to fight to stay awake during this snooze fest.

That's it Gabi. Good decision. Stay with JJ. It isn't like you have a halo over your head either.

Geez Abby, poo or get off the pot already. (I can't make up my mind about this new Abby. I need to see her interact with more characters than just Andre and Jennifer. Seeing her in scenes actually interacting with Chad will tip it one way or the other.)

Theo acting like he's 5 years old. Claire being meddlesome. Ciara seeming out of place. Valerie and Abe doing anything together or even talking about each other.
pillow.gif
pillow.gif
pillow.gif
pillow.gif

Sonny sitting in the hall was far fetched, but I guess the set was easy to set up. Paul bringing snacks was just ok. Chad staying with Sonny was better. Plus he brought the beer. Yep, Chad gets more friend points from me on this one.

The only thing good about seeing Steve and Paul on the docks was seeing The Patch Man on my tv screen.

Valerie and Abe go to the pub for dinner. They sit there talking over their meal. He's asking about her life in Washington, DC. Sounds like he's sort of trying to find out if she has a man in her life. She admits to sharing her place...with a ficus tree. She says she'd like to get a dog, a pug, but with her schedule, it wouldn't be fair to have a dog.

He apologizes for Theo and his attitude; explains about him being autistic. She understands why he's acting out with her getting close to Abe. She said her son would do the same. Abe is shocked that Valerie has a son. He asks about her son's father, and she says he's not been in the picture for many years.

Hmmmmm, wonder if they're going to rewrite history to say she and David had a child? I'd hope they wouldn't say she had a child with Abe, considering he's already had two surprise adult children pop up, Brandon and Lani. He'd be giving Stefano a run for his money in the sire department.

Thanks for the summary. Kind of a lame show, I think. No resolution to the Adrienne-Lucas-Justin thing, boring storyline with the teens (who, like Sonny, are acting way younger than they really are), and Abigail being kind of foolish up until the very end. This was another failed Sweeps month, hate to say, besides a few good episodes. Hopefully the last weeks of 2016 will be much more entertaining.

The funny thing is I was totally joking about the knockoff handbags And I swear I didn't get an advance peek at any scripts LOL. There are only two explanations for this one that was simply a lucky guess which of course is crazy talk. No, the more logical explanation is as I'm sure we'll agree is that I have suddenly become clairvoyant. To prove that theory I'll make two more predictions: The Seattle Seahawks will win the Super Bowl and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will win the Academy Award for Best Picture. We'll see how those two pan out in a couple of months.

Seriously, I'm wondering it maybe something could be hidden in the lining of the bags? If not I can only guess that the reason why Eduardo didn't tell Deimos what he was bringing in is because he didn't want to watch Deimos roll around on the ground while laughing hysterically. If Eduardo's scheme really is peddling knock-off handbags then I'm glad because it means he's not really a bad guy. I mean sure it's not ethical or nice but it's pretty low on the totem pole of villainy. But on the other hand if that is the story then so far my eyes have not popped out, my hair is not standing on end and my socks have not been knocked off.

I liked the fact that Claire told Ciara she wants to come with her to visit Hope. I also found it interesting that Claire actually referred to Hope as Grandma instead of "Gran" as she has in the past. It got me to thinking even though Hope is a fairly young grandmother (especially to have grandchild Claire's age), Justin might try to argue that prison is to harsh of a punishment for a woman of her advanced years. LOL

I'm losing patience with Theo on the matter of Valarie Grant. I realize that he's on the "Spectrum" but he's being obnoxious. I never thought I would say this but he needs to listen to Ciara.

That said the good Dr. Grant is clearly hiding something. And I have to ask does anybody really buy that she has a ficus tree?

So I guess the big news today was Valerie's son. My guess is he does belong to David Banning considering Valerie's attitude towards Julie a few weeks ago. I wonder if we will even see the son? If so, yet another male related to Ciara and Claire.

Vanessa Williams (Valerie) is really tall.

I enjoyed Shawn with his sister and daughter. Too bad he had 2 minutes of air time while we had to repeatedly hear Abby second guessing herself. I think the Grandma comment may have been an actress error or else Claire was just nervous around Shawn. I didn't like how the Ciara-Claire conversation about Hope started out but Claire asking to go with her saved it for me.

Sonny sitting in the hotel hallway: can this get any dumber?

Paul was certainly knowledgeable about knockoff handbags.

Sounds like we are getting a Thanksgiving episode after all. I hope we get to see both kids at the same time.

Ciara & Claire are now volunteering as candy stripers
When did she leave Shady Hills?
they wonder "why" this kind of business.
I'm right there with you Patch.
he's being obnoxious. I never thought I would say this but he needs to listen to Ciara.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Abe is shocked that Valerie has a son. He asks about her son's father, and she says he's not been in the picture for many years.
Wasn't Valerie out of town for awhile between actresses, and might this have been a plausible time for her to carry David's child? (If they'd not been together recently, they could always say it was a one-off while he was with Trish, right?)

What a way to end sweeps. <<yawn>>

Nice to see Shawn with his sister and daughter today.

I can't believe Eduardo and Dario's big secret is counterfeit handbags.
Is there something in the bags themselves or are they trying to catch
someone with them?

Nice to see Sonny with Paul and Chad. Will Chad try to get to Sonny
and Paul together like Gabi tried to do?

Funny line when Sonny told Chad he hadn't heard anything in awhile so they
are sleeping or someone jumped out of a window.

Seriously, I'm wondering it maybe something could be hidden in the lining of the bags? ... I mean sure it's not ethical or nice but it's pretty low on the totem pole of villainy.
Those were my thoughts exactly -- drugs hidden in the linings or in a false bottom. On the level of criminality, trafficking in counterfeit goods doesn't match two favorite Salem activities -- attempted murder and kidnapping -- but if Eduardo & Son are into it big time and get caught they could face serious time in the slammer. The federal counterfeit goods trafficking statute provides the following penalties::

(A) if an individual, shall be fined not more than $2,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both, and, if a person other than an individual, shall be fined not more than $5,000,000; and
(B) for a second or subsequent offense under subsection (a), if an individual, shall be fined not more than $5,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both, and if other than an individual, shall be fined not more than $15,000,000.

Elsewhere, if Sonny really wants a quick resolution to the Adrienne-Lucas-Justin follies, instead of keeping the unhappy trio in a Salem Inn room, he should put them on a bread-and-water diet in an unheated, roofless Smith Island cabin until they resolve their situation. The local raccoons might not welcome their presence, but at least Days viewers would be rid of this inane story line.

Finally enough with the dilemmas of NuAbigail. They have no entertainment value whatsoever. She should either reveal herself to Chad or permanently vanish into Jenny's attic.

I admit I wasn't aware the penalty for selling knockoff bags could be so steep. So thanks for the info DrBakerfan. :)

That would explain the secrecy on Eduardo and Dario's part then. But still that particular enterprise if that is all it is just doesn't scream "evil criminal mastermind" to me. LOL

I felt the same as redsquirrel about Abby, poo or get off the pot (love it!). I hate that back and forth dialogue. It was the same with Theresa. How many ways can you say "I have to make Brady hate me."? I did enjoy the bit with Sonny and Chad. I'd like to see more friendship type scenes between characters.

Back