Days of Our Lives - Wed., Nov. 8, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Replay of Abby & Chad entering the Pub, chatting with Gabi. They tell of Abby now head of PR, Gabi tells of Kate’s offer to buy Gabi Chic and have Gabi work for the company. Gabi has reservations, and not just because of hearing that DiMera has been having troubles with acquisitions. When she leaves, the couple decide it is time to visit Theo.

Claire is in 7th heaven, her song is trending, lots of followers, all just exploding. Theo comes in, she is all excited, until he tells her he bought her some of those followers. Some company that provides them, all legit he says. Claire is furious, did not want followers that way, Theo is surprised, they argue, she flounces out.

Replay of Eve coming into the Kiriakis living room, not wanting to fight with Brady, Rafe & Eli arriving, Brady claiming Eve is the person who killed his uncle. He goes thru the whole story of her arrival, announcing she is the widow of Deimos, how she showed up at the cemetery, Basic Black ownership, etc. He then says that when Eve was in the shower, he told Henderson to throw all her things out on the lawn, calls Henderson in to tell what he saw and reported to Brady. Henderson says he saw the amulet in Eve’s bag. She laughs, impossible, has never seen any amulet. Brady goes over the history of the murder, Sonny not having it, and it not being found on Deimos’s body. Eve is denying everything, of course, laughs, as she knows what is in her bag, pulls out her wallet, then slowly pulls out the amulet. And now her prints are all over it, she figures Brady planted it, and of course wiped his off. Eli & Rafe have listened, asked just a couple of questions, but when Eve wants to leave to go tend Basic Black, nope, down to station for questioning.

Steve find Tripp on break, they chat a bit about Claire, her music, what a good friend she has been to Tripp, how Tripp might want to still pursue medicine, but not at Salem Hospital. Steve agrees, says there are lots of other hospitals. Along comes Claire, Steve leaves, Claire tells Tripp what happened with Theo buying her followers. Tripp claiming he is following, but liked the song. She ignores calls from Theo.

Kate comes in to see Kayla in her office, claiming the board wants to know who donated that large sum of money. Kayla won’t tell, Kate persists, and in her own imitable, insidious way, manages to worm the story of Tripp’s decision to donate the money out of Kayla. Kate promises then, she will report back to the board, but say the donor prefers to remain anonymous.

Steve arrives with muffins for his sweetness, she tells of Kate coming and how she did not intend to, but did reveal it was Tripp. And of course, Kate comes along to eavesdrop as they talk of keeping mum about Tripp being the one who sabotaged the med orders, and that Kayla kept quiet, and how, if it came out, she could lose her job. (yep, all the ammunition Kate needs!)

Back at the loft, Theo calls Claire, leaving a message that he will fix things, not to worry. He drags out his laptop, and gets to work. Abby & Chad arrive, Theo explains he & Claire had a fight, he is trying to fix things, so doesn’t have time. Chad says then let’s just cut to the chase, this is important, I need your attention. Has anyone at DiMera asked you to do anything illegal behind our backs?

Brady thanks Henderson for calling to his attention what he found, that Henderson has helped find his uncle’s killer. Henderson leaves the room, Brady quickly pours a drink, smiles as he downs it. That was easier than I thought.

Interesting to hear Deimos was cremated. Yet Victor said he took a look in the casket before the burial to make sure it was him. Maybe he meant he took a look before the cremation. Meanwhile, for as long as the body sat in the morgue, you'd think he'd have been mighty gross at that point.

Brady is so smug, figuring he has gotten rid of Eve. Has he checked what she was doing in NY on the day of that party? How did she get from NY to Salem? And back. I think the alcohol has addled Brady's brain.

I missed something along the way. Why is Kate out to get Kayla??
I think she's looking for dirt on Tripp so she can hold it over his head to keep quiet about when he walked into the loft and saw Kate and Theo talking. Meanwhile, Tripp didn't hear anything and didn't give it a second thought.

Brady is so smug, figuring he has gotten rid of Eve. Has he checked what she was doing in NY on the day of that party? How did she get from NY to Salem? And back. I think the alcohol has addled Brady's brain.
How can Brady be so sure that Eve has no alibi for the time that Deimos was killed? Unless she's been living life as a recluse, proving that she wasn't in Salem at the critical moment shouldn't be that hard. Also how does he know that the amulet is really such key evidence? It would serve him right if the Salem P.D. did some checking and were told that it's just cheap junk sold in Cairo flea markets and there are thousands of them around.

Gabi: Should she be so eager to see her Gabi Chic swallowed up by the corporate octopus that is DiMera Enterprises? Little Salem companies that get vacuumed up by the big boys don't always fare well. When was the last time anyone mentioned Mad World or DJ Wear?

Kate: Why would anyone at University Hospital be squeamish about taking Little Trippy's Vitali milliions? After all, they've been taking big bucks from the shady DiMeras and semi-shady Kiriakises for years.

Claire: Her comment to poor, clueless Theo, "You don't know me at all," raises a larger question: "is she worth knowing?"

Brady thanks Henderson for calling to his attention what he found, that Henderson has helped find his uncle’s killer. Henderson leaves the room, Brady quickly pours a drink, smiles as he downs it. That was easier than I thought.

I misread that and thought Henderson left the room, had the drink and thought about how easy that was, leading us to believe he did it. Made me realize how much I would LOVE to have Henderson have a front line story!

Also, why would Kate need anything on Kayla? Granted Kate doesn't like anyone she can't take advantage of, but is there reason for her to blackmail Kayla?

Not a bad episode Rafe and Eli worked well together at least. Oh Brady better watch out. If Eve catches wind of his drinking I will speculate she might try to take Tate away from him. I hope so, I consider Brady unfit. I am surprised Kayla opened up to Kate of all people, but I feel she will down the road end up regretting that.

Also, why would Kate need anything on Kayla? Granted Kate doesn't like anyone she can't take advantage of, but is there reason for her to blackmail Kayla?
I think Kate was doing it to get dirt on Tripp, but ended up with an extra little nugget against Kayla, should she need it.
Made me realize how much I would LOVE to have Henderson have a front line story!
Henderson and Harold totally need front-burner storylines!

Thanks, Poirot.

I smiled when Kate mentioned mob money with Tripp's donation.
I'm glad
Kayla said something about the DiMera donations.

Nice seeing Henderson today and he did more than announce
who came
through the door. I guess Brady ran upstairs and put the amulet in Eve's purse.

It would be great if Brady started acting better since the amulet is
now at the
Salem PD. But at the end, he was toasting himself over and over for a job well done.

Since Eve touched the amulet, will she have worse luck than she has now?

I do agree that Kate is way overdue for a huge comedown. Her son is on a terrible path of self destruction, there are people saying her grandson may not be dead, and are searching for answers, she is being undermined at DiMera Enterprises badly, but all she wants is the name of the nice person who donated a huge sum of money to the hospital??? sO she can have something to hold over Tripp's head?? Ugh.

She so needs the rug pulled out from under her, but good.

Last edited:
Back