Days of Our Lives - Wed., Nov. 8, 2017

I hope she crosses Kayla, and Steve digs up dirt on her and destroys her completely. Like - runs her out of town completely.
Kate would never leave Salem, and TPTB would never want to be without Lauren Koslow's (Kate's) talents, but I'd really like to see Kate have to go back to slinging hash at some Salem diner. Imagine Victor walking in to order coffee , eggs, and home fries, and to gloat. (I'd suggest Kate having to return to her hooker roots, but she's a trifle old to put on a micro-mini skirt and fish-net stockings and go trolling for sailors on the Salem piers.)
She never seems to pay for her behavior.
No she doesn't. She commits crimes like poisoning Chloe, but is never charged. She loses jobs only to get one that's just as good or even better. Sami squawks at her, but that's like water off a duck's back. Lucas writes her out of her life, but always comes back. About the only slap at Kate that ever stuck was when Lucas changed his name from Roberts to Horton.

I don't like how they are having Rafe act like a mean jerk. That's not him. I don't understand why we are again getting a story with Gabi and Abby acting like it's a big deal for the three to be around each other. Although I'm not a big fan of this story about Eve marrying Deimos, I do like the actress. I think she is doing a great job. Overall, the show today wasn't the best in my opinion.

[Kate's] a trifle old to put on a micro-mini skirt and fish-net stockings and go trolling for sailors on the Salem piers.)

Having just used their monthly Social Security to pay bills, an old couple sat at the dinner table bemoaning the fact that they didn’t have enough for groceries for the coming month.

“One of us has to earn some money,” declared the husband to the wife, “and since you’re only 78, I think it should be you.”

That night, the old woman donned a mini-skirt, fish net stockings, stiletto heels, and toddled off to the nearest street corner.

The old man walked the floor and worried all night, but his wife showed up safe and sound as the rooster crowed. She put her fanny pack on the table and her husband smiled with glee as he dumped out the contents. Upon counting it, and realizing that she had $2.05, he asked his wife which one only gave her a nickel.

She exclaimed, “They all did!”

Note to DrBakerFan: The moral of this story is that it’s never too late, and that goes for Kate Honeycutt Brown Roberts DiMera DiMera, or whatever configuration she’s using.

I don't like how they are having Rafe act like a mean jerk. That's not him.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Note to DrBakerFan: The moral of this story is that it’s never too late, and that goes for Kate Honeycutt Brown Roberts DiMera DiMera, or whatever configuration she’s using.
I can't disagree with this, but the a key part of my earlier post was the location of Kate's proposed trolling venue -- the piers. Unlike Rafe, the youthful, free-spending sailors are probably looking for younger talent, but Kate could probably do quite well with some of the friskier retired gents who spend time at the Salem Senior Center or who go on those cruises that Doug and Julie seem to love. Imagine Julie's horrified reaction if she saw Kate successfully working the first class lounge on one of the cruise ships that she patronizes. E.g., Julie: "OMG, Doug! There's that nice Mr. Jones consorting with that hussy Kate Roberts!! There's no fool like an old fool!"

Thanks Poirot!

Kate sure has a way of using people!
Congrats Old Cowgirl - you just made the UNDERSTATEMENT of the day~ That's just FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

Gabi: Should she be so eager to see her Gabi Chic swallowed up by the corporate octopus that is DiMera Enterprises?
I keep wishing she'd get stronger - and, to me, that would include her refusing Kate's offer both for her independence AND to remove herself from so much potential contact with Chad (and Abby). She needs to focus on herself and her life with Arianna - just my opinion!
I also would like Chad, Abby and Gabi to get over the uneasiness between them. Chad and Abby are Good - Gabi has tons of talents, good looks and personality - she can be Good too!

I can't disagree with this, but the a key part of my earlier post was the location of Kate's proposed trolling venue -- the piers. Unlike Rafe, the youthful, free-spending sailors are probably looking for younger talent, but Kate could probably do quite well with some of the friskier retired gents who spend time at the Salem Senior Center or who go on those cruises that Doug and Julie seem to love. Imagine Julie's horrified reaction if she saw Kate successfully working the first class lounge on one of the cruise ships that she patronizes. E.g., Julie: "OMG, Doug! There's that nice Mr. Jones consorting with that hussy Kate Roberts!! There's no fool like an old fool!"
You BOTH cracked me up!! Thanks for the:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for the summary. Another blah show today. Who cares about the teens at this point? Also, to think I was glad about Kate getting a storyline having to do with her job instead of meddling in love lives. Now, she's just sinking deeper and deeper into being pathetic.

Glad Eli and Rafe seem to be able to work together. Hopefully he can drop his rude attitude and they can actually make this into more of a legit storyline. And as much as I hate the way they rewrote the thing with Deimos, I can't help but feel bad for Eve. Brady is a nasty jerk! He needs to crash real hard! Why should Lucas suffer from drinking, but not Brady?

Kate Honeycutt was a different character. She was the nurse hired by Stefano to care for Sami and Eric when he kidnapped them as infants. The character was played by Elinor Donahue, best known as Betty Anderson on Father Knows Best.

samierichoneycutt.jpg

Kate Winograd Reed Roberts, etc. may be who Dr. Baker was thinking.........

KathyLu was the one who listed all of Kate's names.

Slightly off-topic, but Lauren Koslow (Kate) was asked about all of Kate's last names and she was stumped on the Winograd part. I think Days just screwed up by trying to make Kate Roberts the same Kate (Winograd) who had the affair with Bill that drove Laura into the institution. Kate Winograd was a doctor, which Kate Roberts clearly wasn't and hasn't ever been.

Yes, when Kate returned to Salem from NY, they erased the doctor background, but kept the Curtis Reed ex, the affair with Bill H., the friendship with Marlena, etc.

No different than how different writers change the personalities, backgrounds, etc. of various characters.

i.e. we have all commented how Brady was raised by Marlena since infancy, yet doesn't refer to it, or call her Mom. O.K. And John raised Sami, Eric & Carrie all by himself for years, when Marlena was thought dead...Currently we have the amazing personality change of Andre, who suddenly became Stefano's son, instead of .....was it nephew? LOL

they erased the doctor background, but kept the Curtis Reed ex
Kate Winograd wasn't married and didn't have kids. That was all created with the Kate Roberts character. Jim Reilly really muddied up the waters as to whether it was supposed to be the same woman or not. Some places online say they are the same character. But others say they were two different women who happened to have the same first name. There's nothing concrete to verify it in either direction.

Kind of like the ending to the Titanic movie. Did Rose die or is she just asleep and dreaming? :) (James Cameron said he left it vague on purpose, to draw your own conclusion)

I have the same book. It has some mistakes.

There is really no way to 100% either connect the two characters as one, or separate them completely.

Some aspects are the same (the first name and the affair with Bill that pushed Laura over the edge). But some facts are different (Kate Winograd being an unmarried, childless doctor; Kate Roberts being married with two kids and no mention of being a doctor).

Kate Roberts' backstory was she, Curtis, Austin and Billie rented a house Bill and Laura owned (which later became Jen and Jack's house). But Bill and Laura didn't have a rental house that Kate Winograd lived in when she was on Days.

They could've gotten away with saying Kate Roberts was definitely Kate Winograd if she only had Lucas (and had maybe said she left the practice of medicine). But they mucked up that solid connection by throwing in Curtis, Austin and Billie who didn't exist when Kate Winograd was on the show.

Back