Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 1, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, October 1, 2014

EJ has comes home, wonders where his mother is, SAmi doesn't know, she was not there when she arrived. EJ gets a text from his mom, who indicates she can't stay because of the evil and she still plans to protect him from it, even tho she is very, very far away. Ej laughs, gets Sami (who is being distant and withdrawn) to admit that Kristen was there when she got home, and that is probably why Susan left. Ej can tell something is bugging Sami, who finally tells him what Kristen quoted him as saying about her drugging Eric. With his usual flair, EJ manages to weasel out of it all, claiming he was appalled by what Kristen had done, that if he had said that, it was the same morning that Sami was talking of her perfect brother, and later he told Kristen off about it, they argued, and in fact, Sami walked in on it. Sami swallows it all, is soon all comfy and cozy with him.
(frankly, today's show is nothing but filler scenes, in my opinion)

Ben has brought Abby to this fancy room, she is a bit surprised, he wonders if it was wrong, no, no. He wonders if she is upset because they had seen EJ & Sami. No...she mentions that this is perfect. It is "their" place. He has preordered a meal & wine. Small talk. They end up kissing.

Kate meets with Chad, who tells her of his phone call with Father, they talk plans, Kate figures she is the pawn, sacrificed to Stefano, and perhaps gets sacrificed a time or two more, then he gets overconfident, and she can make her move. .
Clyde spies Rafe, thanks him for introducing him to that nice, friendly Kate Roberts, bragging of how they talked & laughed all night, when they had dinner.
So....Rafe gets Kate to meet him, mentions Clyde, Kate just smiles, really none of his business. He tries to warn her to be wary of Clyde, Jordan comes by, sees Rafe hold onto Kate's hand. Rafe leaves, Jordan scurries away, Kate spots her, calls out she just missed Rafe. Jordan doesn't care, what they do is none of her business. Kate smiles, Jordan has it all wrong. Rafe was upset because he heard I had dinner with your daddy! Cue Jordan's shocked look.

Paige is telling JJ about Kayla being raped, he already knows, says it happened long ago, and that it is private to her, something that should not be talked about like this. Paige is sorry, should have stepped away right away. Kayla calls him right then, raves about Paige's work, and ambition, tells JJ not to be a stranger. He gets off the phone, gives Paige the message, they start kissing, start getting carried away. she suggests they go upstairs for more privacy, he pulls away, buttons the top buttons on shirt up, saying no, no, absolutely not.

Jordan is at the Club, talking to Sonny about the clash between Chad & Ben. She lets him know that business about the money was a misunderstanding, is sorry. She has met Chad a bit, doesn't think he knows Ben is her brother. Sonny sees Chad arrive, tells her no time like the present. Jordan lets Chad know Ben is her brother, he is curious about the different last names, she says it is complicated. He talks about having been a jerk, has apologized, hopes Ben won't hold it against him.....and hopes she won't either. She is o.k. with it all now.
Chad then is talking with Sonny, apologizing for not calling him first when he got to town, but he kept reading that article over and over about EJ & Abby, got it all stuck in his head, and was concentrating on that. But, he is all over that now, ready to be a real partner. Sonny asks if he is going to be o.k. with Will, Abby, EJ coming in there. Sure, no problem. Sonny is glad, then asks what he has in mind. Chad says first, there needs to be a few changes around here. Sonny doesn't seem happy to hear that.

Back at DiMansion, Sami & EJ are kissing away, the kids come home from school. EJ grabs Johnny, Sami puts Sydney on her lap, poor Allie is smiling, but just standing besides them all. Everyone is talking over each other, school drawings, the zoo, and then something about the tickle giant, as EJ picks up Johnny, Sami picks up Sydney, they are chasing after each other, with Allie in pursuit, lots of laughing, family fun. Back to the sofa, the kids all go after tickling EJ, who is laughing and laughing.

And yes, that is how the show ends. !!??

This was basically my face during the ending:
susan.png

The slow zoom on EJ's face was creeping me out, and for some reason I thought something bad was going to happen to him during his laughing fit. The vibe was just weird.

Thanks for the summary because I only saw the last ten minutes, and I'm gonna keep it that way.

I really appreciate the write-up, Poirot. What a boring episode!
Sami & EJ are beyond repetitive. What is the point of bringing in issues to their relationship when all Sami does is cave in and take him back? Stupid, but I think all the fun family time is foreshadowing of something bad that may come.

Glad JJ told Paige off for eavesdropping--otherwise, who cares about this lame couple?

Jordan?? ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

gee, in all the excitement that happened :)sarcasm:) today, I totally forgot to mention that Clyde met up with Jeremiah in the woods, talked of a shipment coming in tomorrow, regular size, but Clyde brags that next week they will need double. Jeremiah is concerned about crossing the DiMeras, but Clyde is confident that Mr. DiMera will see it his way.

The writers really hit the nail on the head today. They came up with the perfect formula for a total snooze fest: mix a heavy dose of JJ and Paige with an equal dose of Ben and Abigail and then add a dash of Jordan. That said, today's episode did bring one question to mind: where is Jeremiah staying? It doesn't seem that he's bunking with Clyde and he doesn't appear to be Salem Inn material. Could he be sleeping on a park bench? If so, pity the poor squirrels.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Totally forgot to add my thoughts about Ben and Abby. Probably the only thing worth watching. Their lovemaking will probably be more on the romantic side, instead of like animals (EJ and Sami).

I enjoyed Susan's message to EJ and was wondering if James Scott (EJ) messed up the line because he was laughing. He seemed to start over in the midst of reading it.

I liked JJ and Paige's scenes today except there was no reason for Kayla's phone call. I wish someone would make the connection that JJ was sexually assaulted too as long as we're endlessly discussing rape.

I missed Daniel, Marlena and the John situation today. I didn't miss Eve, which is too bad since Kassie De Paiva (Eve) is talented in my opinion.

Sorry, Heroic Muse.........are you saying that JJ was sexually abused at one point or are you suggesting that they write that in to make some sort of connection with him and Kayla and bring attention to this subject? I have a feeling I am misunderstanding you. :)

It was brought up...Eve is pretending she doesn't believe JJ was drugged and set up. That is what Eve was ranting at both Daniel & JJ about..She knows better, but is looking to "hang" JJ

I think JJ backed off with Paige because what his dad did to Kayla. I'm sure
someone will tell Paige it was Jack. Will it be Eve and not JJ?

I liked the end when the kids came back from school. Allie talked about
the school supply list. I laughed. It's October. Only in Salem :)

It was interesting to know Clyde will do anything to expand the business
while we see EJ and family have a good time. And EJ implied to Samantha
he has more false IDs.

Too bad Susan couldn't have stayed a little while longer.

Back