Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 1, 2014

What a snoozefest!!! I fast forwarded the whole thing in 12min. The only thing that can save the show for me at this point is Hope/Aiden and Rafe getting a real storyline, with or without romance. Enough of these once a week appearances as filler.

Why does Rafe even give Kate the time of day? I'm so annoyed he still hasn't figured Kate being responsible for Clyde in Salem. :angry:

I did love the text from Susan. Too bad EJ can't defend his mother even a little bit.

I didn't even have to watch in real time to know that all the family time was foreshadowing of something bad to come.

I'm confused. Doesn't Jack's book mention that he raped Kayla? Or does he not name her in the book. I thought that was how JJ found out?

When JJ was refusing to live with Jen and was staying in the park, he was ranting about Daniel and Kayla said, "Your father wasn't a saint either," but wouldn't elaborate. JJ tried to find out from Adrienne, then looked through Jen's papers and found a transcript of Jack's testimony at Lawrence Alamain's trial, which referenced Kayla's rape.

What gets me isn't so much that Rafe hasn't figured out that Kate is responsible for Clyde being Salem. It's more that he hasn't figured out anything about Clyde at ALL. You would think the fact that after seeing Jordan so jumpy after he walked into the confrontation between Clyde and Jordan that almost got physical some red flags would be raised.

You would think alarm bells would go off when Jordan started babbling about how it wasn't safe to be around her. I mean Rafe is a police detective and former FBI agent right? I mean that's why he hangs around the police station so much isn't it? So you would think since investigating things is kind of his profession it would occur to him to use his connections to look into Clyde Weston.

I mean it's not like Jordan and Ben haven't been acting particularly odd since dear old dad showed up in town out of the blue or anything.

Nope nothing to see there. :sarcasm:

I mean Rafe is a police detective and former FBI agent right? I mean that's why he hangs around the police station so much isn't it? So you would think since investigating things is kind of his profession it would occur to him to use his connections to look into Clyde Weston.
Actually, based on what's shown on screen, Rafe spends very little time hanging around the police station or even doing any police work. Rafe may have once been a skilled FBI agent, but no more. Since arriving in Salem, he's been exposed to the Salem P.D.'s culture of gross ineptitude, been married to Samantha Gene, was drugged and kidnapped by the DiMeras, was held prisoner in a basement and then dumped in the harbor, and joined the University Hospital coma club. The result is that even if Clyde walked around the Town Square with a sign around his neck saying: "Creepy Abusive Dad and Big-Time Drug Dealer," poor Rafe probably wouldn't notice a thing.

You're probably right about that, DrBakerFan. But to be fair to Rafe, I'm afraid that if Clyde was not only wearing that sign but carrying a bullhorn and announcing "Creepy Abusive Dad and Big-Time Drug Dealer" very few of the fine citizens of Salem would notice.

That said, today's episode did bring one question to mind: where is Jeremiah staying? It doesn't seem that he's bunking with Clyde and he doesn't appear to be Salem Inn material. Could he be sleeping on a park bench? If so, pity the poor squirrels.

Jeremiah is the gopher, the one running the "product" from Poplar Bluff to Salem. I guess he stays in the woods near a meth lab or something, lol.

It appears DAYS is exploring something between Jordan and Chad. My question is, if that happens, how does Jordan go from Rafe to Chad. Talk about night and day. Lucas definitely would be a more common sense choice than Chad. Bouncing from Rafe to Lucas is logical. Bouncing from Rafe to Chad - where's Roman with a "what da hell" when you need it.

But Jordan doesn't really know Chad as a person. Or what he has said to various people since his return. So far, he more or less was a stranger, who came upon a man who was annoying a woman, and he stepped in. (Clyde/Jordan). She heard later about his accusing Ben, etc. Outside of that unjust accusation, which Chad apologized to her for...she knows nothing. Not even that he is in cahoots with Kate, or planning of sabotaging his dad, EJ, etc.

Yep, and like Jordan told Rafe, she doesn't judge people by who their family is, so she doesn't much care that his last name is Dimera. And Chad can be quite charming when he wants to be. MAYBE Jordan would listen if she got an earful from Abby about Chad and his fake brain tumor, but then again she might think Abby is jealous or upset that Jordan is dating her ex.

Back