Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 11, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Good show, tho it jumps around a lot. Eric & Nicole are in morning afterglow, and manage, I swear, to go in for round 7 or 8, hard to keep track. He brings her coffee, she laments leaving after drinking it to go home and tell Brady. She hates hurting someone who has been so good to her. Eric mentions going to Chicago, or maybe NY, but Nik sees no reason why they cannot stay right there in the farmhouse, Now it is building swing sets, having a vegetable garden, chickens, and those cute pygmy goats. Lots of I love you s exchanged. Back to kissing and sex.

Adrienne runs into Hattie in prison, thinks it is Marlena. When the confusion subsides, Adrienne knows this is Hattie, and manages eventually to get out of her the whole story. All about Anjelica, her plots and plans, what she promised them, her dying, etc. Adrienne is beside herself, and is insisting the reluctant Hattie she has to tell all.

Victor needles Brady about his having a drink, Nicole being gone, etc. Brady is going on and on at how happy he & Nicole are, how Nicole is happy with their family, they love each other, and goes on and on how much family means to her, so he understands her rushing to Brandon's aid, tho a false alarm. Victor snidely comments that Eric is gone, while Nik rushes to help Brandon, but just a false alarm.

Sheila confronts Bonnie, they have their usual conversation about money, when is the payoff, Sheila tired of toilet cleaning, etc. etc. Bonnie confides what she has on Vic, even suggests Sheila be the one who blackmails Vic about it. Sheila is shaking her head, no, no, no.

Marlena is with Roman at the Pub, filling him in all all that has transpired, Will is alive, Ben said so, Clyde told him, Kate has gone to see Clyde.She talks of the connection between him & Kate, but he claims there is nothing between them, only a kiss, and she is a married woman. Marlena smiles.

Kate is with Clyde (these are excellent scenes) with Clyde pretending he knows nothing about what Ben said, that he already has been declared mentally ill, why believe him. He denies visiting Ben, til she pulls out the pic, figuring it was when he, Orpheus & Xander were terrorizing Salem. She begs & pleads, talks of Lucas, his drinking, that Lucas blames her, she failed him. She talks of how Clyde probably regrets taking a belt to his boy in the past, having failed him, etc. Finally, After some time and talk, Clyde admits that what he told Ben was the truth, told to him by another inmate in the prison yard. The guy swore to it.

(Missed a bit of this) Brady evidently calls Brandon, knows now Nicole was never there. So then he calls Nicole. She says she is just leaving to come home, evidently indicating she is with Brandon. She hangs up, is crying, hating having to lie to him just now. (she wants to tell him in person, not over the phone)

Bonnie walks into the room, sees Brady at the bar, comments she thought he was on the wagon. He claims to be cleaning up from last night, maid did not do it, skips a lot of stuff. Bonnie asks about Victor, who has gone to have breakfast in the square. She leaves, Brady trashes the room, tossing everything around all over.

In the square, Bonnie spots Vic, saunters over, joins him. He is not pleased, preferred to be by himself. She grabs a sausage, starts munching it, smiling at how it is her favorite, but giving him flirting glances.

Kate arrives at the Pub, fills in an anxious Marlena & Roman. Yes, she finally got Clyde to tell her, that what he told Ben he believes to be true. Was told to him by another inmate, who swore it was the truth.

Who is it, do you have a name? Yes, someone we all know!

I’m so disappointed in the writers for having Nicole frolic with Eric before she told Brady of her feelings.

On another note, she fought so hard to get Holly, yet she leaves her in the care of Chloe, the very one that kept them apart, for a roll in the hay with Eric, the man that treated her like dirt

Last edited:
Interesting that Clyde called Thomas by the name Ben gave him, Collin.

I don't get why Clyde would even want Ben to "be a father" to another man's son. You'd think he'd be saying to Ben "Good thing you got away from that cheating tramp and her DiMera brat."

I agree TobyJ.

Plus I just thought Nicole & Eric were gross betraying Brady, despite what he did. That was a brother and the man that helped Nicole get her daughter back and has been committed in giving her the family she always wanted, plus kept silent about her being a murderer. Two wrongs do not make a right and Brady's wrong in no way rises to their betrayal.

Also, with Eric's pity pot attitude/voice and Nicole crying over Brady every two seconds, I do not even know how they stayed in the mood for multiple rounds, much less for one. Did not find it "sexy" or "lovemaking" at all.

Mr. Insatiable: Who knew that sourpuss Eric had the stamina for non-stop bedtime gymnastics? He always looks so dragged out. And if he's taking something, a lot of older Salem men who are washed up in the "luv" department would like to know what it is.

Mr. Deluded: Brady may now know the ugly truth, but for a while there he was living in a fantasy world with comments like: "She's committed to me"; "How can I get hurt"; "We are family"; and "She's devoted to me." Spoken like a man who once was fooled by Kristen and then took up with Jeannie T.

Ms. Deluded: If Bonnie thinks she can ever put one over on Victor, she's sadly mistaken. And if she tries to go the blackmail route, she may have all the fun of getting to know Victor's own Mr. Nasty, Xander.

Mr. Cynical: Victor was on target with "Nicole Walker will always be Nicole Walker," but he might have added the words "thanks to the writers."

Ms. Lysol: Who knew that the K-mansion has 12 bathrooms? If her inane part in Bonnie's blackmail scheme fails and she avoids a return to prison, Sheila could make a living doing TV ads for bathroom cleaning products. By now she ought to be an expert.

Interesting that Clyde called Thomas by the name Ben gave him, Collin.

I don't get why Clyde would even want Ben to "be a father" to another man's son. You'd think he'd be saying to Ben "Good thing you got away from that cheating tramp and her DiMera brat."

I've been wondering abut that myself, and this is my theory: I think the reason why the Heinous Hillbilly (it's been a while since I've had the opportunity to type those words. It's true the classics never go out of style. LOL*) wants Ben to be a father is so he can, in his twisted way, help Ben "raise the boy right" and make up for the damage he did to Ben growing up.

As far as Thomas actually being Chad's son is concerned, that doesn't matter to him. In You-know-Who's mind, Thomas should be Ben's son and he did go to a lot of trouble, tampering with paternity tests, to make that be the case.

This bit of armchair psychology was brought to you by the letters M and Q and the number 8. LOL

Eric and Niocle: I realize that Brady has been behaving like like the hind-end of a donkey over the past several weeks, but I actually felt a smidgen of sympathy today. Having Eric and Nicole express "regret" for hurting, then immediately recommence going at it like rabbits, did nothing to endear them to me. It just made them look kind of sleazy and made me want to shower. In other words, I didn't like it. LOL

Nope, that was not told to us......am guessing Dr. Rolf.....but....if it is someone we all know, who is in prison, is male.........who do we know that is in prison? Dr. Baker, That guy Ian McAllister, Orpheus?? (or is he supposedly dead?)

Eric and Niocle: I realize that Brady has been behaving like like the hind-end of a donkey over the past several weeks, but I actually felt a smidgen of sympathy today. Having Eric and Nicole express "regret" for hurting, then immediately recommence going at it like rabbits, did nothing to endear them to me. It just made them look kind of sleazy and made me want to shower. In other words, I didn't like it. LOL
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ahhh, the oldest tale, good/ex-priest/guy and bad girl/trying to reform. Typical of Nicole. Will she at least consider taking Holly with her and Eric? Neither had the nerve (wanted to use another word but know I can't) to just go back and tell Brady what's what. Oh that's right, the everlasting storm tossed them into bed. Sleazy, the both of them.

OK, who told Clyde? Did Victor have Xander moved from Greece? Dr. Baker?

I will be gone all day tomorrow, so please Poirot, give us a full accounting!!

No, I don't have Tivo or any such recording ability. We're lucky we get tv reception up here!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Poirot.

Surprised to learn Roman didn't know Lucas was drinking again.

I enjoyed Hattie and Adrienne.

Maybe we'll find out tomorrow who Clyde talked to. I enjoyed hearing his
voice. He said "my boy" twice today.

Poor Brady. The past few days when he wanted a drink someone kept interrupting
him. Today it was Bonnie and she said "Aren't you the one on the wagon?" He finally
got a drink after she left.

Nicole said today she's an awful person. Yes, she is. Then she asked Eric how can she hurt
the man who loves her. Isn't that her specialty?

Back