Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 11, 2017

How does a character go from many people rooting for her, many loving the character, wanting her to be happy and wishing she wasn't going, to boring, flat, no chemistry, don't let the door hit ya? Nicole deserved way way better than this. Fans did to. :angry::tsk:

Was Kate speaking with Clyde in the warden's office? Why not in the standard behind glass situation with a telephone? Clyde could have secreted all kinds of pens or other devices to be used as weapons in the future. Strange.

So, Brady and Victor are having a talk about Nicole, and Brady, after weeks of naked suspicion, suddenly becomes Nicole's defender. Did one of the Three Stooges hit him on the head with a mallet?

An Emmy nomination to Kate (Lauren Koslow) for her plea to Clyde. It doesn't get any better than this! Brava, bravissima, Lauren.

Bonnie to Victor (after some double entendres,) finishes with "I Know What You Did Last Summer" (a movie from 1997). :)

TobyJ, I don't know the percentage, but by observation, many people have a replacement In the wings, before breaking up with a spouse, or "fiancé." :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Nicole had broken things off with Brady first before deciding to get together with Eric, but I do believe she chose the better man. Brady has definitely been acting like a jealous, obsessed idiot for weeks now, and instead of discussing his issues with Nicole, he has done everything to manipulate the issue in his favor.

At least Adrienne now knows that Anjelica set this whole impersonation plan in motion, which is something nobody else in Salem is aware of. I cannot wait for this situation to resolve and Adrienne is back home.

Sheila was funny with Bonnie today when she told her that she is too afraid of Victor to use the information about Xander to blackmail him. At least Sheila is too smart to mess with Victor, which is something Bonnie should also be aware of. I hope Victor shuts Bonnie down tomorrow.

I loved seeing Clyde today. Can he have a twin brother who is not so evil come to Salem and stay? I love James Read and want him to remain on the show on a more permanent basis. I suspect Rolf might be the person Clyde ran into at the prison and told him Will was alive.

Wow this definitely had raised up the cinematics for Days because the acting was absolutely fantastic! Finally some progress and some excitement. It was nice to see Kate being human with Clyde mentioning how bad Lucas has gotten instead of somehow scheming or forcing info out of Clyde. As for the male inmate, yes, best guess could be Dr. Rolf.

Even though Nicole should have broken up with Brady before her romp with Eric, I don't blame her. The moment Nicole found out from Chloe that Brady tried to have Nicole fired by Eric, to me, is the end of her relationship. Brady betrayed Nicole, and now Nicole betrayed Brady with Eric. Let's see how drunk Brady is tomorrow.

I liked how concerned Roman was for Kate as well. Definitely thought they were a really good couple a while back.

Brady has definitely been acting like a jealous, obsessed idiot for weeks now, and instead of discussing his issues with Nicole, he has done everything to manipulate the issue in his favor.

I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around this. :huh: Could it be possible that Brady's weeks of jealousy and suspicion were justified, after all?

Was Kate speaking with Clyde in the warden's office? Why not in the standard behind glass situation with a telephone? Clyde could have secreted all kinds of pens or other devices to be used as weapons in the future. Strange.
Cheaper to put them in a plain little room than have to create a prison set with the glass and phones.

I wish Nicole had broken things off with Brady first before deciding to get together with Eric,
Exactly! Nicole looked awful with her "caught in the rain" hair and makeup. Eric looked like an escaped prisoner, and he didn't even have the rain for an excuse. They looked like they should have taken showers (with a shave for Eric) before hopping into bed.

I don't think Nicole went to the farmhouse, intending to declare her love for Eric or have sex. As someone noted, when she learned from Chloe what Brady had done/said to Eric, and realized the sacrifice Eric had made, that was huge, and she did not want him giving up his life for her. THAT is what she went there for, not even thinking.

As it turned out, events progressed from there. Eric loved her that much, he would give up the life he loved (for the second time!!!) whereas Brady, who already had her and their family together, could not keep himself from attempting to manipulate her.

Yep, Eric & Nicole cemented their love, & Nicole regrets that she had not talked to brady first, and has to now, after the fact. But she is not going to hide it, intends on telling him. Brady is the loose cannon, and has brought the destruction of the life he had with Nicole upon himself.

I agree that Brady is now a loose cannon, but I'm having trouble thinking that his pre-Horton Center self was in any way to blame for Nicole's flirtatiousness, and the eventual sheet-flapping.

Whatever Brady does now could destroy any possibility of a future "friendship" with Nicole, of course, and that would likely be his fault.

I hope all of this new stuff will improve the shows ratings enough for TPTB to loosen the purse strings!

WE just disagree, but Brady was constantly spying on Nicole as she did her community service, just let his imagination run away with him. He called her, had her accounting for every moment. And when she completed her hours, and wanted to continue at the Center via JULIE'S suggestion and plea, Brady put the kibosh on that, insisting she do charity stuff for Titan instead.

He never thought of Nicole's happiness, just his own needs. And even when he finally agreed to let her go back to the Horton center (gad I hated writing that line, who the heck is Brady to allow her to do anything?), he did the same things all over again, checking up on her, etc. and finally ORDERING Eric to fire Nicole.

While that's true, Barb, Nicole allowed Brady to do that to her. She should have nipped it in the bud the first time Brady started treating her that way. Nicole should have learned her lesson with EJ and his "tracking bracelet." Nicole is usually strong, and Brady is usually kind and understanding. I don't like this version of either character. I don't fault Nicole for wanting to be with the man she really loves (this week) but she should have broken it off with Brady before having sex with Eric.

Back