Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 12, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Enjoyable episode, with the various tension filled scenes broken up throughout by the romantic exchanging of marriage vows by Brady & Theresa in their bedroom. Yes, Theresa is looking at their marriage license, Brady & she share a lot of small talk, but ultimately, Brady decides you only need a bride & groom to get married. He gets flowers from the garden, strews petals around the bedroom, has flowers on the dresser & tables, twinkle lights over the bed, Theresa comes in, they do their own little speeches, even commenting how convenient to do this in the bedroom, they can say I do, & straight to honeymoon. He asks her if she will take him as her husband, she says I do, then does her speech, ending with forever, or the rest of my life. Kiss.

Nicole talks with Deimos, has been thinking a lot, decided to go forward with her new life, but needs closure for her previous one. Deimos understands, hopes he will be a part of it, we'll see, she replies. She has to leave the house, Deimos says Ron is there, will be watching. He leaves, she asks bodyguard Ron to get her coat, then sneaks out the door, thru the park, and is in front of the Pub, where Ron catches up with her, has her coat. She apologizes, explains about her fiancee, and not wanting Ron to hear what she has to say, etc. He understands, but follows her into the cemetary, standing guard while she stands at Daniel's grave. She does slip off her engagement ring, just as Xander sneaks up, knocks Ron out, holds a gun on Nicole. But that girl is fearless. She stands tall, firm, calls Xander on how he tried to kill her & Eric, in a most sadistic manner, tells him he hooked up with the wrong guys now, but knows he needs money & safe passage. She has Deimos on speed dial, gives the phone to Xander. Deimos is waiting on a park bench, Xander lets him know he has Nicole, yada, yada. Deimos promises to get money, etc. Will meet him at the mansion.

Xander & Nicole are there, Deimos arrives, has a bag with money, passports, itinerary, etc. Xander now proposes to shoot Deimos, take Nicole with him. Deimos manages to talk him out of that by reminding him he really wants Theresa Donovan, offers to get her for Xander. Nicole is having a fit, protesting, Deimos says this is war, and in war, there is always collateral damage. He cannot do this, she will never forgive him if he does. She tries to leave, big burly guy standing when she opens the door. Deimos takes the opportunity to place a handkerchief over her mouth & nose (chloroform??) and out she goes. She is laying on the bed, Deimos next to her, he is telling Xander to meet him tonight on Pier 17, he will give him Theresa, and he can do whatever. There will be a freighter waiting to take him to Greece, but this all is only for one, himself. No one else. Xander acknowledges he has broken with Clyde & Orpheus who have their own agendas. He talks of wanting to see Brady's face when he sees Theresa's battered body.

Over at DiMansion, Chad sits looking at a picture of Thomas, as Clyde comes in thru the door behind him, holding a gun on him. Chad is not backing away from anything, they exchange a lot of verbal insults, with Clyde talking of restoring Ben's son to him. Chad notes Ben has no son. They talk of Abby, Clyde insisting that Chad caused the problems, caused Ben to become a serial killer, Chad retorts of how Ben brutally murdered the woman who delivered his son, a woman he never met, throws in a few nasty descriptions of Ben, Clyde punches him, warning him not to talk of his son that way. Clyde lets him know that Andre (who has come in) helped him, and now Andre makes all his disparaging insults about Chad, to Chad. Tells him he never worked, never did anything for the business, but that he, Andre, did, and then gets shut out. (good scenes).

Lucas & Adrienne are in a room, Lucas asking if she is sure she wants to stay, and help. Yes, anything to protect Thomas.

Andre has left the room, leaving Clyde to brag about how Andre showed him all the secret doors, tunnels, even cutting the wires to the silent alarm under the desk. Andre comes back (he is also holding a gun), look what I found, has Lucas & Adrienne tied up. Clyde is demanding to know where Thomas is, Adrienne only says he is safe. More threats, now Clyde is going to kill them both, Lucas telling Adrienne to be quiet. A shot rings out, down goes Chad, blood staining the front of his shirt. Adrienne screams, begins crying. Andre says Chad was making a move towards Clyde. Lucas tries to calm Adrienne who is saying, no, no, hang on Chad. But Clyde suddenly hears a baby crying. He laughs, has already told them all this was a big house, he will find the baby, and now, the crying will lead him straight there. He leaves the room, Adrienne nearly hysterical, Chad bleeding on the floor.
Clyde enters the baby's room, bends over the crib. A blanket is covering the crying Thomas.

I think it might be a recording........

We did not see Andre' shoot Chad, just the aftermath, so.....am guessing this is something cooked up by the DiMansion residents. Just wish Clyde had pulled back that blanket today. LOL

The actions of certain people today are so inexplicable that unless the writers are playing games, everything screams set-up. Sure, Andre is a psychopath, but would he really turn his darkest tendencies on, his brother, a fellow DiMera? If he did, the ghost of Stefano would appear to take that Phoenix ring right off his finger. Similarly, how could Deimos believe that Nicole would spend even five more than seconds with him if he sold out Jeannie Theresa? Yes, Aiden Jennings, who wants to live happily ever after with a woman who detests him, might, but Deimos always seemed more sane and sensible than that. That said, Chad and Nicole like to live dangerously. Is it really wise to seriously mouth off to really bad guys who are pointing a gun at you?? Only in Salem.

On second thought, Andre probably would sell out a fellow DiMera if the circumstances were right. Even the fact that Clyde once was involved with the fatal shooting of EJ wouldn't matter. If this was pointed out to him he'd probably respond, "Oh, really -- whatever." That said, given Andre's psychopathic and treacherous tendencies, when Thomas is old enough Chad better tell him, "Thomas, always watch out for Uncle Andre. You can never, ever trust him. He'd have betrayed your Nono or his own mother if he thought it would help him." Of course, Thomas might actually like hearing about Uncle Andre's adventures. E.g., "Daddy, I love Uncle Andre stories. Tell me again how he once buried the police commissioner alive and made Aunt Lexie live in a tunnel."

Awwww, what about how he more or less hypnotized the entire town into believing people were murdered, meanwhile holding them all on an island, on which he had built a complete replica of the town, even furnishing the homes as they were furnished in Salem. Ah, yes, Thomas, Uncle Andre is devoid of conscience, but who needs Grimm's Fairy tales when we have Uncle Andre.

As to the show today.....honestly, I found that whole "let's get married in the bedroom" farce totally boring beyond belief. However, it did break up the tension filled scenes elsewhere.

And that is an old Hitchcock trick...he believed you HAVE to let the audience release the tension, the suspense, the edge of the seat goings on.....so you interject something humorous or lighthearted here and there.

I agree Poirot but wish they had inserted something else instead of Brady and Jeannie T. As a Brady/Chloe fan from day 1, I find the dialogue offensive about how Jeannie T is suddenly the great love of his life. I wish I had fast forwarded these meaningless scenes.

I definitely think the DiMansion scenes were a setup. And I don't think the baby is really there. I'm guessing the cops are in the mansion too and/or someone will shut the panic room door tomorrow. We already know it can't be opened from the inside.

As for the Deimos/Xander/Nicole scenes, I'm 50/50 right now on whether these were a setup. I'm still hopeful that they'll give us a twist and have Deimos end up being Xander's father. It just makes sense on so many levels. And I want Nicole and Deimos done. So in order to do that, Deimos would have to do something really bad and this is something really bad. But of course it probably will be a setup since these writers aren't good at twists.:rolleyes:

Fashion notes: Nicole looked like she was wearing Eric's jacket. Maybe she borrowed it from Dario. I also wish they would dress Lucas and Adrienne consistently. When they dress Adrienne so matronly, she looks more like Lucas' mother than his fiancée since he is so youthful looking. If he is in jeans, she should be too.

Why did Nicole have to emphasize Eric Brady when talking to Xander? Pretty sure he knows who Eric is already.

Interesting seeing Nicole leave the ring on the grave. How long before someone steals it lol?

No way is Thomas really under that blanket. I hope it's a bomb. KA-BOOOOM, no more Heinous Hillbilly.

My boy Lucas called André "freak show" today. I laughed out loud. Nice setup though.

Jeannie T/Brady - I muted them. Snore.

Nicole/Deimos - I'd like them a lot more if I had a reason to. As they are now, I don't care what happens to them. And enough with the great sainted Daniel and his everlasting effect on Salem. Yeesh.

Since we know there is plan in motion to catch the bad guys, I kept wondering Xander
and Clyde must be stupid to believe any of the stuff going on.

I thought Nicole left her ring on the stone too until I saw her put it back on her finger
when she and Xander were talking about the ring and pawning it.

I laughed at Xander's line about "the 6th stage of grieving, bagging a new rich boyfriend."

Lucas' line to Andre was odd "you freak show"

Brady and Theresa's "wedding" was interesting. Does this mean something might happen
to her now?

I don't know about anybody else but in a week that marks the anniversary of the death of Will Horton I can't tell you how happy I am that we got a scene at the grave site of.... Daniel Jonas??

I know all too well in the real world that grief does not have an expiration date but the world of Salem is not the real world so seriously, ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

I've seen people question if we are really supposed to believe Andre would sell out and kill another DiMera in cold blood. Well I've read up on the past misdeeds of psycho Stefano spawn and the name Benjy Hawk comes to mind. So while I don't think it's really happening this time I have no trouble believing that if push comes to shove Andre would not hesitate to gun Chad down.

A good show indeed. And we got to see Lucas and Adrienne again!

Brady & Theresa's "wedding" is ridiculous. I'm not a fan of the couple, but at least give them the proper wedding they'd wanted! I also don't care for Deimos and Nicole together, but really am hoping that what he's up to is a set-up. I don't want to see bad Deimos anymore. I definitely think the DiMera mansion thing is a set-up. But this is a really good show nonetheless.

Could have done without Nicole wailing about bloody Daniel again. Ugh, let it go already.

I didn't mind the Theresa/Brady stuff, it's clearly a set up. I do wish they'd rustled up a Justice of the Peace, and I also think having Tate in the room, even just sitting on the bed with some toys, while he parents did their sappy thing, would have been nice.

Xander gets line of the day with "It seems you've reached the 6th stage of grief - bagging a new rich boyfriend!"

I'm so sick of Nicole and Deimos already that I've decided I'll take Deimos chucking Theresa under the Xander-shaped bus if it means Nicole really does hate his guts forever. Edited to add here, he says Theresa didn't marry Brady so she's not an heir - but Tate is regardless, no?

Also on Nicole/Deimos, you know it's true love when he chloroforms you. Is this supposed to be romantic? Because its not.

There's no way there's a baby under that blanket. I don't believe it for a minute. I bet he's at Jennifer's or something.

edited to write out text-speak abbreviation - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the Brady/Theresa scenes. Yes, it was a bit hokey but come on, ladies. Is there anyone in our entire DOOL fan roster that could HONESTLY say they wouldn't be extremely overcome with emotion if your husband or partner went to the trouble to arrange a romantic evening such as this?

Back