Days of Our lives - Wed., Oct., 19, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Lucas sits at a desk in DiMansion, a guard brings in a struggling Anne Milbauer, who he caught lurking around outside. She claims she was just "looking". He introduces himself, noting he knows who she is, the witch who caused trouble for his sister, Jennifer. What follows is a rather silly explanation from Anne about having been staying with her mom, who got upset Anne ate some piece of pie, threw her out, Anne hops a plane to O'Hare (Chicago airport), rents a car, drives to Salem, ran into some problem, so was just a mile or two from the DiMera house, hoofed it there. She even threw in something about someone trying to steal her luggage.

Lucas decides to let her stay, (she was seeking refuge) and they get to talking, about the bad guys, Lucas marrying Adrienne, taking care of Thomas, with Anne moaning about Theresa's company folding, having to ask for her old job back, maybe not getting it because she will need lots of time off because of her sick mother. She is crying and wailing about being a bad daughter. It is a funny, but nice conversation, a bit stupid at times, but o.k.

At the penthouse, things are at a draw, with Orpheus holding a gun to John's head, while Steve holds one to Orpheus's head. Steve claims to have called the swat team, sharpshooters are aimed right at Orpheus, who in turn figures he can still take John out. Steve continues to talk, John is silent, still on his knees. Steve tries to make Orpheus realize he is in a no win situation, finally saying lookee here, as he reaches into a pocket. Orpheus looks away from for a second, and bingo, an elbow to his midsection, John turns, shoves Orpheus down, asks Steve if he has ties on him, and the man has his hands tied behind his back, the men take him to the cop shop. (I evidently missed something, as Steve had to get off a shot, wounding Orpheus in the arm, so John says, and there is a tourniquet around Orpheus’s arm.

In the square, JJ is having a tough time, Gabi in panic mode, Chad as well, Marlena says JJ’s lung has collapsed, he has an air pocket, and with Gabi applying pressure to the wound, Chad propping JJ up, she does something in his back, which enables JJ to breathe again. Finally the ambulance arrives, and then at the hospital, Jennifer is thanking them all, JJ is in surgery, Gabi declaring how much she loves JJ.

Justin has rushed over having heard Adrienne was there, thinking she was hurt. She explains she was there because of Sonny, no he is o.k. it was Paul. They get into quite the conversation about why he should be so concerned, his affair with Elsa, he thinks she is getting married to Lucas too quickly. Why the urgency? She lets him know that it isn’t like they are in their 20s, with their whole lives ahead, and it is none of his business what they do. He collapses, she calls for help, later we learn he was dehydrated, is fine.

Back at the police station, a cop takes Orpheus into the interrogation room, Marlena rushes in so glad to see John & Steve. Explanations all around. As the 3 talk some cop who had bumped into Steve a couple minutes before, returns, is doing something next to where Marlena set her things down. He is just there a few seconds, never see his face, just odd. Steve tells John they have to go give their statements, they leave. The guard comes out, says Orpheus says he needs medical attention. Marlena doesn’t care, but the guard sort of reminds her of the “doctors are supposed to help people” and she agrees. She goes into the interrogation room, the guard with his hand on his gun. She checks Orpheus, says he has to get unlocked from the handcuff, checks the arm, he needs stitches. Orpheus is snidely talking of how mistaken he was to think she could ever have been a mother to his children, he has checked up on her, brings up when she was possessed, calling her a whore.

JJ is out of surgery, but due to loss of so much blood, has slipped into a coma. He is young, strong, Kayla expects full recovery. Jennifer sits by her son’s side, talking to him, telling him how much she needs him, he is the glue that holds her family together.

Earlier, she was telling Chad & Gabi how after losing Jack, and then Abigail, if she loses JJ, she just could not go on. Gabi is also upset, is crying, loves JJ so much, blames herself for being on the phone when he was shot. Chad tells her how he blamed himself after Abby died, one cannot do that, things happen, not your fault. She sobs on his shoulder.

Jen is talking to JJ, holding his hand, asking him to squeeze if he can hear her. Nothing. Later it is Gabi, crying, promising to never take JJ for granted again, begging him to be o.k. she needs him, Ari needs him.

At the cop shop, Orpheus is still berating Marlena, suddenly pushing her against the wall, the guard comes to her aid, he grabs the guard’s gun, telling him he has one chance to leave and his life will be spared. Marlena tells the guard to go. Now (Orpheus has her where he wants her, she tries to talk him out of whatever he thinks he can do, place is swarming with cops, he won’t get away. Steve has already told Orpheus that Clyde is in prison, Xander dead, so Orpheus knows that no one can come help. But while holding the gun on her, he takes something out of her medical bag, and drinks it all. She tries to tell him no...it could kill him. But he holds his gun on her, evidently going to take her with him. Outside, John & Steve see what is going on thru the window, but Orpheus closes the blinds, They stand outside the door, shouting at Orpheus to stop this.

But Orpheus holds the gun on his victim, but then, shudders a bit, the gun wavers, he shudders again, sinks to the floor, still talking, threatening Marlena. He shudders some more, his head lolls to the side. Steve & John burst in. Marlena says he took a sedative, one with small doses, but he took it all.
She is on the floor, doing CPR compressions on the man. John gets her to stop, pulls her up. It’s over, says John.

Anne was absolutely hilarious! I've missed her.

Also really enjoyed the scenes with Marlena and Orpheus. Although, you'd think for being a doctor, she'd have put on rubber gloves before examining his arm.

Thought it was funny that he brought up her history and being possessed by the devil. And also mentioning how he wanted her to be a mother to his children.

For some reason, they don't want to use flashbacks, so am guessing that those items were offering more "background" to newer viewers, while letting everyone know that though he may have not been in Salem, he was constantly keeping tabs on them all.

Although, you'd think for being a doctor, she'd have put on rubber gloves before examining his arm

Then again, Blanca took care of Dario's wound with no gloves either. :rolleyes:

Want to bet the odd cop is going to get Orpheus' "body" out of there before anyone can confirm the "death" ?

Anyway, I won't complain too much, as I am enjoying the show much more than I have for years. Thanks for that.

It's a good thing that Anne was back to provide some entertainment because it was another day of new lows for the Salem P.D. Why was Orpheus in the conference room and not in a cell?? And why was he only cuffed to an ordinary chair?? Suppose he'd clobbered a cop with the chair and fled. Cop: "APB: Orpheus has just escaped. He should be easy to spot. He's carrying the chair that he's handcuffed tol" And how stupid was it that the Big O was able to grab the cop's gun? When it comes to handing out commendations to those who helped during the great siege, this poor guy certainly won't get one. Finally, they'd better make double or triple sure that Orpheus is really dead. Otherwise, John might just be announcing to the horror of one and all, "OMG, he just escaped from the morgue. Unfortunately, that's a fact."

I have a suspicion that "cop" put something in Marlena's bag, that would give the Orpheus appearance of death......but Orpheus will turn up alive at some point down the road. Just have a feeling.

I wondered about the cop wearing the hat at the cop shop. We never saw his face. I wondered
if he was Lazlo.

Why oh why did Marlena tell the young cop to uncuff Orpheus' good arm?

I loved Chad's conversation with Marlena when he mentioned she was only a psychiatrist and
if she ever did the procedure before. I loved her answer.

Orpheus probably spent too much time with Clyde because he called John "John Boy"

Enjoyed Anne with Lucas. She tried everything to get a drink. He finally brought her water.

I wonder what Chad was thinking when Gabi talked to JJ. He was listening. I'm glad Gabi
finally realized how much JJ means to her. What's Julie going to do :)

Thanks for the summary. A good show, but I agree with Poirot: something's fishy about that guard and Orpheus's death/incapacitation.

Nice to see Anne, and a shared scene of Justin and Adrienne. It was also great seeing the Jennifer/Chad/JJ/Gabi scenes. Really well done and great acting. I hope JJ gets better soon and they show more of him and Gabi as a couple.

I do agree with Justin--Lucas and Adrienne don't match well together as a couple. I love them as friends, however.

Although, you'd think for being a doctor, she'd have put on rubber gloves before examining his arm.

I was practically screaming at the tv. I get why she did it with JJ but with Orpheus, come on.

Want to bet the odd cop is going to get Orpheus' "body" out of there before anyone can confirm the "death" ?

I have a suspicion that "cop" put something in Marlena's bag, that would give the Orpheus appearance of death......but Orpheus will turn up alive at some point down the road. Just have a feeling.

Agreed. I think that whole thing was a setup and the cop purposely gave Orpheus the gun and also planted the medicine in Marlena's bag. Remember she didn't put the bag down until she got to the interrogation room. It would have been useful to have had Rafe or Roman in the police station scenes as an additional witness. I also think Orpheus will be back, probably for November sweeps. He's the best villain on the show right now so I'll take it.

Great show indeed. The JJ scenes were very well done. Kudos to Casey Moss (JJ) in particular. I loved how Marlena had to explain to Chad that she is a medical doctor. I think the most recent thing we've seen her do was treat Aiden after he was beaten up by Clyde. But she also delivered Claire, Johnny and Allie as well. I was however disappointed that we didn't see Jennifer find out about JJ. This really should have been part of the cliffhanger yesterday with Jen and Hope coming to the hospital today. They also should have showed JJ being wheeled out of the elevator on a gurney while Kayla was on the phone with Steve. I was waiting for it. Instead JJ was an afterthought when Marlena told him and John about JJ at the station. Steve should have rushed to the hospital. Again another reason to have Rafe or Roman at the station.

The Orpheus stuff was good. Really great dialogue with him and Marlena. And yes I thought she was an idiot for uncuffing him.

Did Kayla do the surgery with her headscarf on? She is the new doc of all trades.

I like that Marlena has a fancy medical bag. :) But I hate that she is basically wearing that black suit again. The previous day or maybe 2 days ago she was wearing it with a white blouse and now she has a purple one. Makes things confusing for the viewer.

LOVED the Justin/Adrienne stuff. I really hope him fainting is more than dehydration. I want these 2 in a story.

Also loved the Lucas/Anne stuff. I could ship this. But I could also go for Anne and Roman. Loved Anne's comment about Kayla and Adrienne looking alike. I think many fans would agree.

The cop guarding Orpheus.......and the cop I was talking about are two different ones. The cop who bumped into Steve, and who was doing something near Marlena's bag while she was talking to John was wearing a hat, had his hair cut short (either blond or grey) and we never saw his face. I thought maybe he was Laslo.???

Loved it when Anne said she gets Kayla & Adrienne mixed up! Aren't they sisters in real life? They looked identical today!

Back