Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 29, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, October 29, 2014

An emotionally exhausting day, mostly because a couple of conversations are just endless
Daniel & Jennifer are still going at it in his office. Round and round, back and forth, but at least she is now giving Daniel a chance to talk. It doesn't do much good. In the end, while both claim to still love the other, it evidently comes down to trust issues. Daniel feels Jennifer doesn't trust his judgement, while Jennifer wants him to tell her what JJ is confiding in him, and why she finds him with Kristen so often. He starts to say it has nothing to do with her...but Jennifer won't accept that. It is over...She walks out. A frustrated Daniel is near tears.

Brady listens to Kristen's recording of Theresa confessing, but doesn't believe it. He figures she spliced stuff together, she is swearing to be telling the truth, he remembers the video of her, Eric, how she ruined everyone's lives. He is done, never wants to see her face again. (Long argument, but that is the result)

In his hospital room, John talks to Theresa, putting her on edge. He talks of Kristen being out of Brady's life now, and how he will always protect his son. A nurse comes in with papers for John to sign, Theresa says she has to go, as John says he will be looking her up when he gets out.

At DiMansion, Rafe has arrived, nice conversation as they say their goodbyes. He gives her EJ's wedding ring, which puts her into tears, as she tells Rafe of how EJ bought new rings and they said new vows right here in this room. Tears, hugs, goodbyes, and he goes up to see the kids. Next is Aunt Kayla & Gramma Caroline. More hugs, they go up to see the kids, Kayla stays, Gramma comes down, Sami has a lovely talk with her, some tears, thanks her for all she has done, wants Gramma to come with her to CA. Nope, Salem & the Pub are what gramma knows. Sami worries that maybe Gramma will forget her. Not a chance, Sami Brady is impossible to forget.

Will & Sonny talk of him going, Sonny not happy because Will went to talk to Gabi before him. Will explains he had not made a decision, but wanted to be sure Gabi was o.k. with him taking Ari with him. While Sonny is o.k. with Will going, taking Ari, he clearly really is not all that excited for Will, but is accepting. He goes to pack some of Ari's stuff. Rafe arrives, Will is in with Ari, Sonny tells of Will leaving, too, surprising Rafe.Will comes out, Rafe asks if he is just going because his mom needs him, or because of his career. Will babbles a bit mostly about his mom and siblings, but thinks it a good thing for his career as well. He figures tho he would be back in Salem, that is his base. Ari wakes up, Will goes to get her for Rafe.

Jennifer brings down her packed suitcases, goes to grab her purse, opens a drawer, takes out a picture of her and Daniel. She stares at it for a bit, then rips it up, throws it away and takes off.

Daniel is at his apartment, fixing himself a drink, even though it is a bit early. He looks at the same pic of him & Jennifer in a frame, when there is a knock at the door. A tearful Kristen stands there, walks in saying Daniel was right. Brady wants nothing to do with her, never wants to see her again. She is crying, putting her head on Dan['s shoulder. He awkwardly holds her.

Theresa is in her apartment, gets a crafty look on her face, grabs her purse and out she goes, straight to the hospital. She walks into John's room just as he is putting on a jacket, comments something about him on his way home. John tells her that Kristen is out of Brady's life, and he wants Theresa to leave as well. Go back where you came from, leave him. Theresa smirks, no, she isn't going anywhere, and doesn't intend on leaving Brady alone. John walks around her, his back to the partially open door, as he warns her that if she doesn't, he will tell Brady, and everyone else, that it wasn't Brady who hit him, "it was you".
The camera swings round to show Brady standing just outside that small opening in the doorway.

Nice seeing the goodbyes with Sami and loved ones. As for Jennifer I hope she doesn't let the door hit her rear as she leaves. The "saint" sure is not acting saintly lately. Dan has been more of a father figure to JJ than Jen ever tried being a mother. But the fall out appears bad though. Hopefully Jennifer will polish that tarnished halo of her's while she is gone.

I caught bits & pieces of the show.....Glad they gave Rafe/Sami a chance to say good-bye and Rafe saw the kids! I thought it was hilarious that everyone called Sami, Sami Brady, like she was never married to the snake!

I like Jennifer's hair pinned up, too bad she doesn't get it cut that length, makes her look younger!

I don't think most folks get this kind of reaction from family & friends, but I can tell Days is making a very special effort for Samantha Brady. I swear this is more than Tom, Alice, Mickey, Shawn Sr. ever got and they were gone permamently.

I had to laugh when Caroline said to Sami that it's hard being a widow and it's all so new to her. Sami and EJ were married for a nano-second and most of that nano-second was devoted to Sami hating EJ and plotting her revenge for the affair. They only "enjoyed" married life for a few days before he was shot in the park. It's not like Sami was settled into married life with EJ and he was suddenly gone. Sami's been single far longer than she's been married, all marriages combined!

Thanks for the summary. I wonder how Jennifer would feel if someone told something she had said in confidence. What an awful character she has become! I used to like her.

The goodbyes and flashbacks are nice, but you would think Sami is moving to a remote region of the earth, or to Mars, never to be seen again! Long distance travel is nothing today. Some people commute across the U.S. for work all the time. The mid-west to California is nothing. And then there is Skype and all the other internet stuff. I guess they are going all out for the actress, but as Poirot has said, none of the other major characters of the show got anything close to this kind of send off.

Daniel's about to cry about a relationship that has been over for months and about a woman he's avoided and ignored for months.

I'm positive this was all just a setup for him to be angry or emotionally upset to justify something possibly happening between him and Kristen. Like I said

As far as Theresa goes, I'm guessing she found out she's pregnant which is why she's being all uppity with John about not leaving Brady alone. Just speculation on my part given her smirkiness and all the sex she and Brady have had.

smiley-says-whatever-emoticon.gif
This is the overall feeling DAYS leaves me with lately.

Thanks for the summary. I admire you, Poirot, for watching everything and writing it down.

Sooooo

Now, Daniel feels what towards Kristen ? Pity ? I mean, she had him kidnapped and beaten and now he wants to comfort her ? :sick::sick: I guess the guy can't hold his alcohol. He drank what ? One ounce of what appeared to be scotch. And now he's... fragile, drunk, vulnerable ? I know. Just plain stupid.

And Kristen. Yeah, yeah, this time, she's telling the truth. And now she's crying. No sympathy from me. Nope, not working. Had I been Daniel, I would have sent her sorry ... out the door.

Then again, poor Daniel was sooooooo sad over Jennifer. :sick::rolleyes: Oh, get over it, Dan Dan ! Jen Jen is a shrew. One who cannot be tamed ! So let her leave and forget her... And hopefully, Jen Jen will get lost while on her way to see her mother. Fingers crossed.

Brady : now, what's he gonna do ? I just hope he doesn't turn on John... yet again. :angry:And I hope, I hope, I hope Theresa is not pregnant. :angry:

Now, back to Daniel and Kristen : Will they fall in bed ? :sick: Because we all know grief and these writers, right ? To quote cryin : Whatever !

And Sami... Really taking too long for her to go. I'm sorry. Like others have said, it's like the Queen is leaving and we have to be subjected to a couple of weeks of The Sami Show... again.

Sonny and Will : Well on their way to being ruined by the idiot writers. Too bad cause up until a few weeks ago, they really were a couple to root for. But now that Will has reverted to being a spoiled brat, that's down the drain.

Again : Whatever... :rolleyes:

Jennifer brings down her packed suitcases, goes to grab her purse, opens a drawer, takes out a picture of her and Daniel. She stares at it for a bit, then rips it up, throws it away and takes off.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The goodbyes and flashbacks are nice, but you would think Sami is moving to a remote region of the earth, or to Mars, never to be seen again! Long distance travel is nothing today. Some people commute across the U.S. for work all the time. The mid-west to California is nothing. And then there is Skype and all the other internet stuff. I guess they are going all out for the actress, but as Poirot has said, none of the other major characters of the show got anything close to this kind of send off.

Ditto. That's been my problem this week. When Lexie was dying, she didn't get this kind weekslong of send-off. Enough already!!

Daniel is at his apartment, fixing himself a drink, even though it is a bit early. He looks at the same pic of him & Jennifer in a frame, when there is a knock at the door. A tearful Kristen stands there, walks in saying Daniel was right. Brady wants nothing to do with her, never wants to see her again. She is crying, putting her head on Dan['s shoulder. He awkwardly holds her.
Oh no....:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:...then add to that the fact that they both recently kidnapped/abused each other...:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:...oy vey....

Daniel and Jennifer: At the beginning of this month my best friend and I ate at an absolutely delicious Brazilian steakhouse and have decided to try to dine at as many different Latin American restaurants as we can find in our area working our way through that region alphabetically. Why am I telling you this under the heading of "Daniel and Jennifer" you might ask? (And you would be quite justified in doing so.) The reason is simple; all I could think of during their scenes is how excited I am to try the cuisine of Ecuador.

Will and Sonny: You probably remember a couple of days ago I posed the question "What about Gabi?" in reference to Will taking Ari to L.A. so I was gratified to see it dealt with. I wasn't surprised that Gabi gave Will the A-Okay since realistically giving her current living arrangement this easily could have been the exchange:

Gabi: Will, I don't want you to take Ari to L.A.
Will: Well, it's a good thing you're not in prison and can't do anything to stop me. Oh wait you are. We'll see you in six months.

Not that I really think Will would be so callus-I don't- I'm just pointing out it could have gone that way. Still I think it shows just how selfless Gabi can truly be :love::love::love:. This concludes the fan boy gushing for a character no longer on the canvas portion of this post.

In all seriousness watching their scenes I realized that Sonny is ALWAYS doing whatever it takes to make things right for Will. No wonder Will acts like a spoiled brat and everything is all about him is because Sonny enables that delusion. I like Sonny and feel for him but he really needs to let Will know that he has wants, needs, and feelings as well. Because I think Will forgets that as his comment about being glad that Zoe is holding his job at the magazine so he has a reason to come back to Salem was very telling in my opinion.

Sami: I know she's a very polarizing character but I like her and will miss her. I've found all the good-bye scenes quite moving all though since it seems like over the past couple of years she has been going back forth between E.J. and Rafe it would have been nice to have some flashbacks with Rafe.

Back