Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 4, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Well yay and hurray, guess who comes back and just in time? Yep, Father Louis. Ahhh, how lucky can one get? Another slower moving show, as Salemites are still dealing with the aftermath of Ben's claim that Will is alive.

Jennifer is playing with Thomas, Andre comes in, both are concerned about the wedding not going thru. Andre claims Kate is actually coming round to his thoughts, wants the best for Chad. They go into the church, talk to Abby & Chad, Andre wants to go thru his list of those able to perform the nuptials, Chad declines, and in walks Father Louis, surprised they were all still there. Fast explanations, and will he marry them now. Of course. They have decided not to call the guests, asking them to return, so, Andre & Jen are witnesses, Thomas is present in his tux, and a very lovely ceremony goes thru without a hitch. Chad even brings out that engagement ring of Abby's to put on her finger before the wedding ring. Voila...Father Louis pronounces them husband and wife. Everyone is happy.

Sonny & Paul talk, but Sonny knows Will is dead, just cannot marry Paul until there is no doubt at all. Paul stays in the park, while Sonny goes to give this news to Chad & Abby. Lani comes along, talks to Paul a while, is sorry this is all happening. She just came from Bayview, and has to return to the station. She will let him know if anything new happens.

Abe is with Val, explaining why he chose Hope for the commissioner job. Interesting. Val notes Hope WAS in prison, but claims she was cleared. Comes from old family, long established, and even says the record has to be "squeaky clean". LOL. As to Rafe...well, his dad is in prison, his brother on the run after counterfeiting with the previous commissioner, but his FBI experience is a big asset. Val mentions FBI & Eli, but Abe says that Eli would have to work with Rafe who would have to approve. And Rafe feels Eli put Gabi in jeopardy when he took down Raines. Val is defensive, but Abe only says he is trying to explain how Rafe is feeling. (Rafe has to approve?? since when??)

Sonny is back talking with Paul, who suggests that the only way to make sure Will is really dead is to exhume the body. DNA would be the proof. Sonny is hesitant, but eventually agrees it is the only way, he is going to have to ask for it.

Replay of JJ's stand off with Ben, drawing his gun, Ben putting his head up against the gun. Hope & Rafe walk in, Hope is ordering JJ to cease and desist, he doesn't think he has to listen to her, until Rafe mentions she is the new commish. He pockets his gun and leaves. Now Hope tries to deal with the snarky Ben, who still wants a lawyer. She says he already has been convicted, and no lawyer will take him on, without knowing what info he has that would back his claim. Ben stays silent, Hope says she will take off his cuffs, he can write down all his info, but Ben is not going to do that. She tells Rafe to take him back to his cell.

Meanwhile, JJ as stormed out, followed by Lani, they talk, he is upset, Ben called his sister a whore, tortured her, etc. He admits he has a temper, also that he would never have really hurt Ben. He gets a call from Hope, will be right there.

He is back at the cop shop, she orders him to sit down, tells him to surrender his badge and service weapon, he is on suspension until further notice. JJ shoves the items towards her, asks if there is anything else. Storms out. Lani is waiting, he says nothing to her, just leaves the station.
Hope tells Rafe she hated that she hates that her frist order of business was to deal with this personnel issue.

The last scene is at the church, Chad & Abby kissing, while Andre & Jen shoot soap bubbles at them! I think Father Louis also has a bubble gun. Neat scene.

That is just a couple of the problems with making Hope the Commissioner. But with Rafe, there also would have been complications. Roman should have returned to the office. It would give him a purpose in Salem, a much needed storyline, and visibility. Oh, well.

Andre claims Kate is actually coming round to his thoughts, wants the best for Chad.
I think Kate has always had a soft spot for Chad, and wants the best for him. She just doesn't think Abigail is the person who will do that for him.

Abe is with Val, explaining why he chose Hope for the commissioner job
I'm confused as to why Abe has to explain his decision to Valerie.

Hope is ordering JJ to cease and desist, he doesn't think he has to listen to her, until Rafe mentions she is the new commish.
Hope has been on the police force since long before JJ was born. Her seniority alone should have been enough for him to listen to her.

redsquirrel, I posted this before I read the other responses. It looks like you and I have ESP today. :)

Last edited:
Did Rafe not do the "choking" of Ben BEFORE Hope became commish?

If it's three strikes and you're out, Mayor Abe should go to the bench. He really thinks that Hope is a first-rate detective? Since when did she arrest a suspect who didn't fall into her lap? He said that she had "years of experience," but is committing felonies with Bo Brady and playing Princess Gina really count? Finally, he claimed that despite being a convicted a serial mugger and shooting Stefano full of holes, Hope is one of the finest people he knows. Imagine what some of the less fine among Abe's associates must be like. Abe also got it wrong when he said Hope was cleared. She was convicted of the muggings and despite the fact that Salemites have been fooled into thinking that the Phoenix is still alive, Hope inarguably did shoot him full of holes and fill him up with lead.

Elsewhere on the cop front, somewhere Bo Brady is smiling. Not only has his felonious spouse been made commissioner, but JJ committed misdemeanor menacing by pointing a loaded gun at Ben's head, Rafe committed misdemeanor assault by putting his hands around Ben's neck, and Hope was out of line by insisting on questioning the escaped mental patient despite the fact that he wanted a lawyer. Finally, by bickering with Ben, all three of these "fine" police officers broke the old common sense rule of never arguing with an idiot.

Thanks, Poirot.

I'm glad we heard Abe's explanation why he chose Hope over Rafe.
I was afraid he pulled a name out of a hat. It was interesting when he
said no one was calling his office about who he picked. I'm sure
a lot of viewers would call him if they could.

It was great when Father Louis saved the wedding day.

I wondered too why Commissioner Hope wasn't getting mad at
Rafe for
choking Ben? She's a Brady by marriage, but she acts like them at times.

I enjoyed the last scene with the bubbles. I don't think Andre's
bubble gun worked.

Hope is one of the finest people he knows. Imagine what some of the less fine among Abe's associates must be like
I said the same on twitter. Abe needs to get out more!
He really thinks that Hope is a first-rate detective?
Let's summarize Salem's logic.
Dad in jail: Can't be commissioner :cry:
Been in jail twice: Yay, you're commissioner! :eek::eek:

Meanwhile, I loved André and Jennifer's little pre-in-law powwow.

Line of the day [which I can only paraphrase] goes to Ben: You tell me to talk, you tell me to be quiet, it's so confusing.

Abe's other point in favor of Hope really doesn't stand up to well either. So Salemites haven't protested her appointment. Why would they? After all weirdness over the years, they have to be the most jaded people on earth. And those that aren't jaded are utterly oblivious. How often has Salem in-crowd dysfunction be loudly displayed in the Town Square and elsewhere and the bystanders keep walking blythely by without a glance?

When Abe gave Valerie a rundown of SPD commissioner candidates, he forgot to include one of the members of the Hernandez crime family. Her name begins with a "G." :rolleyes:

So Paul wants to rush his marriage to Sonny, in spite of the possibility of Will's existence? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thomas was restless during the wedding ceremony. If they had repeated their vows, the lad would have quickly nodded off.

JJ held his gun in his left hand when he pointed it at the handcuffed Ben. It was probably a camera-angle thing.

Ben referred to the mental hospital as a "cracker factory." :) :)

Sonny's requesting an exhumation of Will would be in a legal gray area.

Hope/Rafe were playing "good cop, bad cop" while talking to Ben. :)

Lani had some very good scenes, today.

It was interesting when he
said no one was calling his office about who he picked. I'm sure
a lot of viewers would call him if they could.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess Abe neglected to tell Val the real reason Hope was chosen. They don't have any other cops or detectives on the force. And if Rafe had all those reasons (family members doing crimes) why was he even considered in the first place? A shame a person work is not considered on it's own merit, but is disqualified because the family is not on the up and up.Then again, Dario is on the run, Rafe would be looking for him, but Gabi knew how to reach him, and said nothing. But, that was her brother. And hey, Abe, did Rafe not arrest his father himself? Oh, well.

One last question....does the commissioner really sit and question the bad guys? Just curious, as don't recall Raines, or Abe ever doing that. Got to pay closer attention.

Back