Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 4, 2017

I didn't like how Hope seemed to be clinging to Rafe in those JJ/Ben scenes. She is capable of holding her own. I would have preferred her to tell JJ she was the Commissioner instead of Rafe telling him while she stood there with a blank look. Didn't she and Bo used to have problems over him being too overprotective yet she just lets Rafe do it without a second thought. One of the many reasons this couple just doesn't work is they never have any internal conflict.

This has been a good week overall but we've been watching the same characters dominate the show for 3 days straight now. Where is everybody else?

No offense, Heather, but I disagree about Hope and Rafe. Again, I feel that no matter what they do, they will always be wrong in the eyes of many posters here, because they are not liked as a couple. I like them, so I don't see it that way. I didn't see Hope "clinging" to Rafe. I saw a very surprised person seeing a member of her family, as well as a detective (is JJ a detective, or an officer?), hold a gun against a prisoner's head. She immediately told JJ to stop, JJ didn't listen at first, Rafe stepped in. Nothing wrong with that scene. And to me, nothing wrong with the fact that Hope and Rafe don't have internal conflicts (for now, knowing these writers, it will come). It's refreshing to see a couple truly in love.

I do agree, though, that the shows have been focusing on the same characters for too long now. Again, I feel this is now "The Abigail Show". I'm tired of seeing her every single day. Enough.

Not saying she is not capable. Just saying that it's normal for Rafe to react too. He was in the room and saw what was happening. I'm sure he didn't think "I better step in, as Hope is incapable of speaking for herself". Rafe simply replied to JJ, asking "Why should I listen?". We have a saying in French, "chercher la petite bête", which means being very critical, finding fault no matter what. In English, nit-picking would be the equivalent, I guess. I feel it is what's happening when it comes to Hope and Rafe.

I saw it in the same way you did too, Writer. I don't think it would matter who was in the room with Hope it would be normal for the other person to react or have some sort of reaction and for Rafe probably more so, as an cop and former FBI officer and partner to Hope. Those "jump to action" training never goes away.

Another point to be made about "Commissioner" Hope: She was way off base when she said that no lawyer would take Ben's case. He might get legal assistance from an attorney who's concerned about the treatment of the mentally ill, one who wants the publicity of being involved with an infamous client, or one who thinks that Ben might have cases against Bayview for negligent care or against the Salem P.D. for police brutality. And even if there was nobody like any of these, the court would have to assign an attorney to Ben because he does face possible legal charges, including disturbing the peace by charging into the wedding. As for Will, if he's still alive, Hope should be familiar with the concept of being exonerated because the person whom you tried to kill somehow survived.

Not saying she is not capable. Just saying that it's normal for Rafe to react too. He was in the room and saw what was happening. I'm sure he didn't think "I better step in, as Hope is incapable of speaking for herself". Rafe simply replied to JJ, asking "Why should I listen?". We have a saying in French, "chercher la petite bête", which means being very critical, finding fault no matter what. In English, nit-picking would be the equivalent, I guess. I feel it is what's happening when it comes to Hope and Rafe.

Can you express your opinion without attacking other posters? Both your posts on this topic attack other posters for having a different opinion than you have about Rafe and Hope as a couple. We're all entitled to our likes and dislikes but no reason to attack other fans or posters.

I feel [nitpicking] is what's happening when it comes to Hope and Rafe.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

[Hope] was way off base when she said that no lawyer would take Ben's case

As for Will, if he's still alive, Hope should be familiar with the concept of being exonerated because the person whom you tried to kill somehow survived.

Police are allowed to lie to suspects/prisoners, so I don't think Hope did anything wrong. She may have been trying to scare him. Ben may be exonerated in Will's death but there is still the little matter of the deaths of Serena and Paige, and what he did to Abigail and Chad.

As for a lawyer returning to Salem, imagine Hope's reaction if Aiden Jennings returned to Salem to represent Ben. He could hold a press conference and announce that he's taking the case because he knows first hand how the Salem P.D. ignores the rights of the accused.
Police are allowed to lie to suspects/prisoners, so I don't think Hope did anything wrong. She may have been trying to scare him. Ben may be exonerated in Will's death but there is still the little matter of the deaths of Serena and Paige, and what he did to Abigail and Chad.
Scare Ben? This guy is so psycho that he didn't bat an eye when an infuriated JJ stuck a gun in his face. As for Ben's legal situation, even if Will is still alive, he'd still be on the hook for attempted murder. The same would be true if Paige and Serena also turned up hale and hearty. Ben's only real hope is to escape. The ease with which Jeremy Horton and Owen Kent got away from the hapless Salem P.D. demonstrates that this is not beyond the realm of possibility. Ben could escape and vanish into the depths of the Ozarks until the writers see a need to bring him back.

Can you express your opinion without attacking other posters? Both your posts on this topic attack other posters for having a different opinion than you have about Rafe and Hope as a couple. We're all entitled to our likes and dislikes but no reason to attack other fans or posters.

I don't understand why you would think I attacked you. I can assure you, it was not the case. I have never attacked anyone, on this board, or anywhere else. I was expressing my point of view. And those who know me here, also know that I always try to share my thoughts about the show in the most respectful manner. Now, I will step back from this topic, though I stand by what I wrote: I do think Hope and Rafe are being treated unfairly, and I was very respectful in the way I wrote it. And frankly, I don't think a soap opera is worth fighting for.

@Kerry816, JJ may have fooled me by wearing his watch on his left wrist. :) He also may be trying to emulate Hope's ambidextrous pistol handling. :rolleyes: :)

Thanks for the summary!

I'm thrilled Chad and Abby got married. Loved the bubbles!!! :love:

I'm glad Sonny and Paul are waiting until they know for sure if Will is dead. I like them together more than I liked Sonny and Will. I thought Will made too many "mistakes" and really wouldn't have made many of his bad decisions IF he really loved Sonny. He was a lot like Sami (in my opinion) in that he was very self-centered. I know he really loved Arianna, but I doubt his commitment to Sonny. If Will is alive it will certainly shake up a lot of folks! Maybe he will be less self-centered. I'd like that a lot!

I'm OK with Hope as commish, but I think she was too tough on JJ. He was certainly pushed to the brink. She certainly knows how that feels. He should not have been in that room alone with Ben, too much! I think the acting was awesome from both JJ and Ben. Yea!!

Thanks for the summary. A decent show. I didn't like how Hope seems to be leaning on Rafe a lot, and her hypocrisy. But JJ acted like a disrespectful idiot.

Glad Abigail and Chad got married at last. I hope we get a long break from them now, because they have been on the show so often the past 4 months. Let's move on to other characters.

Paul is acting inconsiderate. He should be comforting Sonny instead of always talking about marriage, and show more patience, even if he feels nervous on the inside.

I didn't like how Hope seemed to be clinging to Rafe in those JJ/Ben scenes. She is capable of holding her own.

I absolutely agree with you as well there Heather4CU, Hope was a bit clingy to Rafe, even as far asking what kind of punishment is fitting for JJ. Ummm hello? Hope has been written much more on her own and wouldn't have asked Bo that question in the past.

As for JJ, in truth I feel he was let off the hook pretty easy. Suspension with no pay beats being fired or ending up behind bars because what JJ did was also a crime as well.

I feel Paul is being a tad pushy when it comes to Sonny. I know he is anxious to get married but would you really want to marry a guy if he had the slightest of doubts?

What is surprising about Paul, is that he is the one who kept their romance a secret while he played ball, hiding Sonny, making sure he wasn't around when photographers were, having Sonny have to sneak into his room. etc. Sonny really put up with a lot......

And now, Sonny needs Paul to back off a bit, but Paul is not willing. So let's say Sonny agrees to marry Paul, they are happy, and this "Will is not dead" comes to a reality. Then what? 2nd marriage is not valid, etc. etc.

And honestly, I just do not want Will to be alive...not after all that went on at the time.

Back