Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 5, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Hope is at the cop shop, exchanges a few words with Rafe, who gets called away. She finds flowers delivered on her desk, with a card from Aiden, telling her to meet him at the Salem Inn. She goes, Aiden is all smiles and takes his time, but the upshot is, he will be moving to Oregon to be near his son, she is to come along. She protests, won't go, Ciara, but he says of course, Ciara will come too. He reminds her of what he knows, and the recording. She doesn't like being blackmailed, two can play at this game, and talks of how Chase killed his mother, Aiden covered it up. He says she has no proof, but he has his own, and won't the newspapers and cable channels love to learn of how her brother-in-law, the police commssioner helped to cover for her murdering Stefano, so down he goes, along with Rafe, who helped her cover it all up. She doesn't understand how he wants to be with someone who doesn't love him, but Aiden is convinced that will change, that she chose him once already over Rafe. She mentions finding his wife's tablet, where she said if she turns up dead, it would be Aiden. He says alcoholic's ravings. She also remembers his wife saying how cold his eyes are behind that smile. And Hope sees that too. She leaves.

John, Marlena, Steve are together, talking of Orpheus, his motivations, personality, of how he was back when he kidnapped Marlena, who says Orpheus is not only about revenge, he does things out of love, took her because he wanted a mother for his children. Kayla has arrived, worried about Joey, but they all assure her he won't be harmed, is needed for the ransom. John talks of getting hold of Orpheus, bringing he money, but not releasing a dime until Joey is safe. He & Steve talk over what they would like to do.

Earlier, at the hospital, Kayla is with Abe, who is waking, is in pain, but wants to know the whole story. At first she doesn't say, but then tells him there may be bullet fragments left in wall of heart, he could be fine, or maybe not, and they would have to try and go back in to remove. She has called best cardiologist in country for a consult. (James Reynolds/Abe doing a fantastic job here of expressing his worry, pain, etc.)

Out in the hall, Ciara is trying to talk positively to the worried and upset Theo, Claire arrives, tells of what happened to her, how she got loose, untied Joey, but he said run, and could not save himself. Theo learns Clyde Weston intended to shoot Aiden, got Abe by mistake, which upsets him, is not right. Eventually, the girls talk him into going in to his his dad, he does, holds Abe's hand. Abe struggles to thank him for holding his hand thru the night, how proud he is of him, nice conversation.
Later, the girls know Abe is sleeping, and despite a cop being outside the door, Ciara discovers that Theo is not inside! They cannot imagine where he went.

In the warehouse, Orpheus is talking to the tied up Joey, comments how his black eye and bruises must hurt. Joey says he is o.k. Orpheus says Xander gets carried away, then offers to put his jacket around Joey's shoulders. Joey shrugs it off, doesn't want Orpheus's jacket. Orpheus compares him to his father, then picks up an envelope of pictures that fell from the jacket pocket. He is looking at them, talking softly. Joey asks a few questions, yes, these are his children, he has not seen them for a long, long time. He doesn't know what happened to them, says he tried to get in touch, they wanted nothing to do with him. Joey notes that his dad was gone a lot while he was growing up, he resented it, hated his father. But eventually, he forgave him. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Orpheus says yes, then show a pic taken from a great distance away from a female & young boy. His daughter and grandson. That is the only way he has ever seen them, won't ever see them again.

Hope is back out in the main cop area, Rafe is back, she starts babbling, is tired, no not hungry, snaps at Rafe who was going to order some for her. He stops, sorry. She starts talking of being so at odds with herself, not even knowing who she herself is anymore. She jumps into things too rapidly, should not have done so. Rafe gets her drift, looks a bit puzzled, but o.k.

At the apartment, Steve gets a call about Xander & Clyde robbing a convenience store, figure the fellows are running out of food, they did not get much, are going to be getting desperate and will be wanting to leave town. Steve doesn't think they really want the ransom, but John is adamant that Orpheus really wants him, and this is all not going to work unless it is me who deals with them. They figure Orpheus still wants revenge, and would not mind going out in a blaze of glory to get it.

At the warehouse, Orpheus is putting on his jacket, Joey mentions being hungry...too bad says his captor. Orpheus notes he has nothing against Joey....that this is all about making them all suffer. And when this is over, believe him, John, Marlena, your mother and father will all have suffered.

The highlight of the episode in my opinion was definitely the Joey and Orpheus scenes. Since Orpheus was the one that I was unfamiliar with, I appreciated seeing him being giving some more depth, He had pretty much seemed like the intellectual man of ice but we saw today that may not be the case. Since he seems to be the one capable of real feeling he may be the one that can be reached.

While it's true that Xander and the Hillbilly have been shown to be the ones led more by their emotions but Xander at this point is pretty much just pure rage and resentment; and the Hillbiilly's feelings are all about his ego. Orpheus however seems like he may still have some trace of compassion. It was really quite interesting and enriches the story in my oh so very humble opinion.

Oh and don't worry the armchair psychology portion of this post is totally free of charge. LOL

Hope and Aiden: I think it might be a good idea for Hope to talk to Gabi because I'm sure she would have a useful perspective on how to deal with a psycho blackmailing ex. LOL

Normally I wouldn't condone another murder but at this point I really don't know if Hope or we as the audience have anything else to lose. This mess just needs to come to an end somehow.

Insistent suitors are a commonplace in Salem (think Stefano with Kate and his Queen of the Night), but Aiden Jennings raises things to a whole new level. What kind of life does he expect with a woman who viscerally hates him? (E.g., Aiden: "Hope, darling, I've just won a huge multi-million dollar verdict. Now we can buy a Rolls Royce and mansion that's bigger that anything in Salem"; Hope; "Drop dead.") Does he actually think that his charm will win her over?? And if his charm fails as it surely would, why be with a woman who's simmering hatred has already resulted in the death of Stefano. Does Aiden want to live the rest of his life sleeping with one eye open? As for the Orpheus Gang, they're starting to look a little threadbare. Can't they do better for food than robbing a convenience store. How about robbing a gourmet food boutique (Clyde: "Hand over those truffles and cans of caviar") or sticking up Chez Rouge for three full-course steak dinners?

Last edited:
They easily got clothes, guns, a hideout that evidently has SOME electricity, despite the power outage. Jeremiah provided clyde with a state of the art power rifle, .....but NO FOOD??? So now, they rob a convenience store, wonder how they got there, roam around town constantly, even managed to get a tablet. So much for Salem's finest, who just cannot seem to spot even one of them.

As to Aiden, he must be more sadistic than thought. He wants Hope no matter what, just as Stefano wanted Marlena no matter what.

Interesting to see the list of suspects with names of people underneath. Why isn't Roman's
name under Orpheus? Didn't he kill his wife or did they do a rewrite and have John
kill his wife. And someone at the Salem PD needs to learn JJ's last name. It isn't Horton.

I enjoyed the Joey and Orpheus scenes too. Marlena was correct when she talked about
him having two personalities. Are any of his children in Salem now? I laughed when
Joey mentioned Bonnie and Clyde for Xander and Clyde.

I'm surprised John let Claire out of the apartment after she was kidnapped. I hope
she's called her parents by now.

So Hope told Rafe she needs a break. Will he be smart enough to figure out why?

I liked Kayla's head cover today.

It would've been a lot more interesting had Orpheus' children ended up in Salem.

How do we know they are not? Could Meredith be his daughter and Chase his grandson? It would actually help explain Chase's behavior and why perhaps Meredith was attracted to someone like Aiden. To take this another step, could Meredith be in hiding?

Why isn't Roman's name under Orpheus? Didn't he kill his wife or did they do a rewrite and have John kill his wife.

Good catch. I also caught the JJ Horton line. And why was Hope listed under Clyde and not Orpheus?

I hope she's called her parents by now.

She said she was going to right after she saw Theo.

GREAT episode today. These are the characters, stories and pacing I want to see. Not the nonsense from yesterday.

The Joey/Orpheus scenes were definitely the best.

I enjoyed the 2 couples discussing Orpheus as well but where were the flashbacks from 1986? Even after they explained it, I still don't understand Orpheus' connection to Steve/Kayla or Bo/Hope for that matter? And shouldn't Hope have been part of this too?

I feel like something bigger is going to come out of the Hope/Aiden stuff now. They still have great chemistry. Too bad they screwed Aiden up.

Liked the teen triangle scenes too though it looked like Claire was about to laugh at the very end when they realized Theo was missing.

Abe stuff was great too. Clearly they are building up to this cardiologist.

Very disappointed there was no mention of Gabi or Dario today since Rafe was on.

Back