Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 8, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Another slow moving day, full of scenes that change nothing. Have to say that Days really is darn good at dragging events out, and filling scenes with dialogue that doesn't seem to move story at all. Replay of Caroline & Eric arriving at DiMansion. Caroline wants to talk to Sami alone, and Sami knows why, because Caroline wants to know why Sami is back with EJ.At first Sami tries to sidestep the issue, but then she very simply says she loves EJ, he loves her. Yes, she knows how mad she was, but she still loves him. Caroline is angry, reminds her of how much in pain Sami was, in this very room, how she sought revenge. Sami knows. Caroline mentions having talked to Victor, who told her to be more accepting of Sami's decision. Sami reminds her gramma that Grampa forgave her for her own transgression, and they had a happy life.
Out in the hall, EJ is thanking Eric for letting Kristen off the hook and saving John in the process, that he knows what his sister did, horrible, and admits he probably could not have done what Eric did.
Caroline comes out, she & Eric leave, Sami is melting down, ranting about Will, Chad, Eric telling Caroline about Sami & EJ. He calms her down, then says he has to do something, will be right back.

Chad is over at Will's, and they carry on a conversation that is meaningless. Chad has a beer, is supposed to start the interview process for the article, but instead jabbers about Will's argument with his mother, about EJ, and finally decides to leave, and return later, as he does want to talk about himself and his family. LOL. (Watching Chad reminds one of Michael Corleone...son of The GodFather! LOL)

Sami paces, gets impatient, finally deciding she will wait no longer, and grabs her things to leave. But, she opens the door to find Chad standing there. She thinks he has a lot of nerve coming there, and now these two go round and round. Yes, about Stefano, EJ, putting Sami & the children at risk, yada, yada, yada. Finally, Chad needs some air, and goes out into the garden.

Clyde & an impatient Jeremiah await Miguel (EJ's henchman) who soon turns up. Jeremiah hands Miguel a bag, with something in it, could not tell what, as Clyde yaps about all the extra money to be made, enough for everyone. EJ's goon leaves, is going to think about it.

EJ has gone over to Will's apt., and amid the small talk, tells Will to go ahead and write the article, but please leave Abigail out of it. Will assures him he already told the editor and Chad that she was off limits. Will worries about him mother, but EJ says, don't worry, I will tell her I talked to y ou and gave you my blessing to write it.

As EJ arrives at his front door, his phone rings. It is his henchman, letting him know that Clyde is selling his product (egads, Days, that word is getting ridiculous..is he selling socks or fresh bread??? Give us a break) EJ is not happy about it, the camera shifts to the goon who wants to know what Mr. DiMera wants him to do, and behind him, we see Clyde walk up.

At the Pub, Caroline thanks Eric for taking her, asks how he is doing, and is hinting around that he should have someone in his life. Eric is not ready for that, not after what happened last time. Caroline claims Nicole was just being Nicole, but Eric should find someone new, to help him live his life.

Over to the hospital, where there is really nothing happening. John says he remembers everything that happened that night. Kristen is listening avidly. Now John decided he wants a doctor there, to be sure he is o.k. as he remembers, and not out of it or something. He also wants Theresa there. Daniel is summoned, and he happens to be with Theresa who has been threatening him again about "spreading lies" about her. Marlena & Brady come out, tell Daniel John wants to see him, and Theresa, too. Oh, she pulls back, looks worried, doesn't want to go in, should be family, yada yada.
Marlena says John wants to see her, asked specifically. Is she refusing that request. No, she agrees to go.

As the group gathers round the bed, Dr. Dan says John is o.k., John mentions again about remembering everything that happened that night, but now asks for a cop to be there, as well. Marlena says Roman is on the 5th floor, she will get him.
Roman arrives, & John asks about the investigation from the night he was injured. Roman has all the statements, brings them up on his tablet.
John wants Roman to read them.

Roman reads how Brady did not remember a thing after being on the way back to Salem from Vegas, with Theresa. John is silent, mainly looking at Theresa, who is looking a bit scared. Roman reads her statement, about John coming over to talk to Brady, her leaving them alone, but then hearing raised angry voices, coming back in, and Brady is hitting John in self defense. John is staring at Theresa.

Indeed, it was money. Some rolled up, some not, but definitely money.

Wow. For those of you who have watched "Friends", imagine Chandler Bing say this : "Can this show BE anymore boring ?"

Seriously, this is beyond ridiculous. The John thing took wayyyyyy too much time and still... nothing. Oh, I hope this will be worth it. But knowing these writers, I doubt it.

So, Caroline can finally come around and go as far as kissing EJ :sick: but Nicole can't be served in the Pub anymore. Yeah, right, great stuff, writers ! :sarcasm: By the way, where is Nicole ? I guess she's hanging out with Lucas now. :rolleyes:

So, to sum up : boring, frustrating, slow moving (a snail could win a race against this farce). Enough said. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh, bravo Poirot, for watching all of it ! You have all my admiration ! So thanks !

So, Caroline can finally come around and go as far as kissing EJ.
This brings to mind the old line about the old lady kissing the cow, but, of course, that would be a far more pleasant experience than kissing EJ. As for Chad and his smart mouth, he may get away talking trash to EJ or Ben, but he'd better watch his step with Samantha Gene. If he doesn't watch himself, and Sami really unsheathes her claws, Harold will be sweeping bits and pieces of Chadsworth off the DiMansion carpet. Speaking of Sami, she was right on target about Chad's lack of knowledge about all things DiMera. He didn't grow up a DiMera and when he learned of his heritage, he ran away from it, so he has little or no firsthand knowledge of how things work in the Phoenix's twisted world. He's like somebody playing with matches in a room full of gunpowder.

I"m looking forward to seeing the scenes surrounding John's big reveal. It's a little annoying that they drag it out over three days, but that's just what soaps do, so it doesn't bother me that much. I don't generally find the slower pace boring, though, and I enjoy scenes where people are just talking to each other. (Not the EJ/Sami and related stuff though. Sometimes I mentally tune out during that part.)

I seem to be in the minority but I didn't think this episode was all that bad, sure it could have moved a bit faster but I felt it seemed to building toward SOMETHING at least where EJ and Clyde are concerned. Speaking of Clyde and his "product", I don't understand why the writers can't just use the words "cupcakes" or "Muffins" I mean what else could the "product" be?

Ten bucks says John will confirm Theresa's version of events as part of a plan to get rid of Kristen. I'm not sure I understand his strategy there if I'm right but my gut tells me he isn't ready to rat her out yet.

Chad is working my last nerve. Aside from the couple of scenes with Jordan which I did like all I'm seeing is a petulant spoiled brat. I agree with Sami he's totally out of his league, which I think is a shame, because I was really hoping that someone would actually take down Stefano this time and it's becoming increasingly clear Chad isn't the one to do it.

Ten bucks says John will confirm Theresa's version of events as part of a plan to get rid of Kristen. I'm not sure I understand his strategy there if I'm right but my gut tells me he isn't ready to rat her out yet.
This could be a good bet. John may think that holding the truth about his injuries over the brat girl's head is the best way to keep her hooks out of Brady. (After all, he should know as well as anyone that the Salem P.D. can't make charges stick against notable Salemites.) Also, not spilling the beans would be a great way to wipe off that smile on the Salem witch's face. As for the number of people gathered in John's room, why didn't he just go all out, call a press conference, and have reporters from Titan and the Chicago stations there to hear his great revelation

If John doesn't tell the truth about attempted murderer/manslaughterer (is that even a word?) Theresa hitting him with the fireplace poker, I hope he at least tells her that his "true" recall of events could suddenly surface if she doesn't stay away from Brady. John lying about this is so out of character that I guess that's exactly what will happen. I'm trying to think of a single Salemite that isn't being written out of character. Still thinking.........nope, got a headache now and decided it's an impossible task.

Poirot said:
Sami reminds her gramma that Grampa forgave her for her own transgression, and they had a happy life.
Someone needs to remind Sami that Shawn didn't find out what Caroline and Victor did until their "little boy" was about 50 years old. If Shawn had found out at the time, he may have told Caroline to hit the road.

Ten bucks says John will confirm Theresa's version of events as part of a plan to get rid of Kristen.

But if John doesn't tell the truth, that means that Brady will still feel the guilt of having hit him with the poker. And I just can't understand that. Not when John has done everything to protect his son up to this point. Unless this is part of a bigger plan to get rid of both Theresa and Kristen, it's not worth it, in my opinion. And I do hope that Marlena knows all and she's in on John's plan. Is that too much to hope for ? Time (slow time) will tell...

I saw the first 15 minutes of the show before I had to leave for a doctor's appointment. After reading the summary here, I don't think I missed much more, so I won't bother to catch the rest of it later. The main reason I wanted to watch today was to see what John had to say about that night. Maybe we will hear his version of the event by November :).

But if John doesn't tell the truth, that means that Brady will still feel the guilt of having hit him with the poker. And I just can't understand that. Not when John has done everything to protect his son up to this point. Unless this is part of a bigger plan to get rid of both Theresa and Kristen, it's not worth it, in my opinion. And I do hope that Marlena knows all and she's in on John's plan. Is that too much to hope for ? Time (slow time) will tell...

That is the flaw in my theory it seems cruel to Brady, even if the endgame is to get both of those harpies out of Brady's life. Just to be clear I don't want my theory to be the way it goes down. It just seems too easy for John to say "Theresa is the one who hit me" when they can keep us on pins and needles for another two-to-three years with this story. :)

The John scenes kept me drawn in today but I too was laughing at how half of Salem was in his hospital room. I'm surprised they didn't just move him to HTS since everything else seems to happen there. I was disappointed that the show ended without John's reveal. That's an hour I can't get back. A good twist here would be Brady being in on whatever John is doing as well.

I watched the Sami-Caroline scenes until Sami spewed that she was so angry because she loved EJ so much?!? Now I understand some of the comments that I see on the internet about this couple and their "love" for one another.:sick: Shame on you Caroline! The other thing I wanted to say to Sami is that Shawn and Victor actually got along eventually, or so I thought.

Also, Sami's red dress and Caroline's red top were different shades of red that clashed. It distracted me during the scene.

Clyde is much more tolerable without Jordan and Ben around. No need for both Jeremiah and EJ's henchman though. I hope these roles are short term. Selling girl scout cookies on the sly must be a tough business. :rolleyes:

John did tell Marlena it would require her help for him to pull off his plan, so we can assume she is in on whatever he has in mind to do. I just hope it isn't stupid and disappointing.

My husband turned off our recorder today so I was only able to get the last 15 minutes, which I haven't yet watched. I was upset at what he'd done because I don't watch online. But after reading the summary, I can see there is some of it I would have skipped over anyway. Thank you for writing the summary!

Back