Days of Our Lives - Wed., Sept. 14, 2016

Episode was great, I went in without reading the recap first and really enjoyed it. Brady & Theresa should have stuck with the registry office!

I did wonder why Orpheus required back story to why Paul is John's (I get they don't look alike), but a grown man named BRADY doesn't make him question anything? This show is just determined to remove the John-Brady relationship.

I did like Philip and Victor and would love to see more of them and way, way less of Brady and Victor in those roles. I may have shouted "YES, please do!" when Maggie demanded Orpheus shoot her rather than Victor.

I adored Nicole and Eve as besties and want to see more of them. Way, way more of them! Why wasn't this friendship explored years ago? I was hoping Eve would touch a little on Kim & Victor's history when she was explaining her distrust of the Kiriakis family, but the segue into Nicole and Victor's relationship was a satisfactory alternative conversation.

I do want Theresa to come clean to Brady but I think it needed to happen today, I'm worried the moment has passed.

What was amazing to me was that Orpheus seemed to know so many, even after all these years. He knew where Theresa was living, that she was the bride today, had dropped his "friend" off there before coming here. Just thought it amazing that these convicts, in jail, knew of this last minute event, (remember, it was supposed to be a courthouse quickie, only changed in the last few hours) Orpheus knew how to get around Salem, knew exactly where Victor lived (I am quite sure Victor's mansion burned down and he built another) where Theresa lived......and if he knew that, then he knew Brady was living with her. And I think he may have taken Paul instead of Brady hostage as Brady is taller, so might have been more difficult to keep under control.

But...Victor was right, Orpheus could have come in, guns blazing, taken everyone down, and did not. Maybe he felt that if Xander was killing Theresa, the baby needed at least one parent, since he was going to do in John, Marlena, Victor???? Far fetched, but...it also seems Orpheus enjoyed keeping them all in suspense, worried, scared, etc. He is not dumb, and also knew that letting the others go was going to bring the cops there on the double. Wonder where he got the gun? The guard?

Sure is keeping all of US glued to the screen. LOL

Poirot, perhaps, like Caroline, Orpheus has visions that allow him to to know certain things. In the alternative, maybe he's the second coming of Johnny Carson's old Carnak the Magnificent. He has psychic powers that allow him to dispense with such annoyances as asking questions or using the all-powerful "Ewe Search."

Really good episode but only in Salem would the police put up all of their paperwork and photos of villains in a conference room then put two civilians, one whom is a "investigative reporter" in the same room. I guess the storyline didn't allow for Nicole to look further. I noticed when Nicole and Eve left the room it said conference room on the door and though, only in Salem".

I really enjoyed Nicole and Eve together. I would've liked if Nicole had mentioned she lost two babies, one of whom was full term.

This was my issue as well. Nicole should have mentioned one or both of her children rather than Daniel. Sorry but I'll never buy him as the great love of her life.

Usually, civilians are more than welcome and sometimes even help make the arrest.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I did wonder why Orpheus required back story to why Paul is John's (I get they don't look alike), but a grown man named BRADY doesn't make him question anything? This show is just determined to remove the John-Brady relationship.

Preach! This annoyed me as well. First off, Orpheus seems like a very smart criminal and is a former ISA agent. How could he not know who John's 3 children and 2 grandchildren are? Makes no sense if he's been planning this for a while. Second, Brady just becomes more and more unbearable to watch every single day. He should have been the one trying to fight Orpheus. Also, how could John's kids not know who Orpheus is? These scenes were well acted but the writing was awful. Again, huge missed opportunity sending Belle off to Hong Kong. She should have been the prime target here.

Maybe we can all pool our money to send Dena Higley to Hong Kong and bring Belle back to Salem where she belongs.

LOVED the Nicole/Eve scenes too. Much more fitting friendship than Nicole/Jeannie T. Eve's dress was also amazing unlike Nicole's. I wouldn't hate an Eve/Deimos/Nicole triangle if it would get Chloe out of his orbit for good.

LOVED the Victor/Philip stuff too. I'm glad to see him branching out from pining over Belle. He and Chloe have chemistry and a history too. I wish the baby were really his.

Brady's actions/behavior/relationship with his father is the results of tons of different writers over the years, not just Higley. That said, we cannot blame or credit headwriters with the dialogue, heck - even the breakdown writers have a hand in who is seen with whom and where.

Yes, I do agree that Brady SEEMS to care more about Victor than John, very odd. However, they did go together to find Tate. And I am guessing that right now, his focus would be strictly on Theresa & the baby, after all they went through.

Back